If you wish to fill your new CAT 2017 registration form without any error and do not want to waste your Rs.1800/- paid for CAT 2017 registration fee due to any error in CAT registration process, you should follow the IIM Lucknow suggestion to go through the registration instructions and gather beforehand all the required documents as advised in CAT 2017 registration guide before moving forward to fill up your CAT 2017 registration form.
IIM Lucknow opened the CAT 2017 online registration process at 10AM on August 9, 2017. Since the CAT 2017 registration and application form is slightly changed, the CAT Centre 2017 has suggested the CAT aspirants to go through the important instructions before proceeding to fill up the CAT 2017 registration form without making any mistake and lose the CAT 2017 registration fee of Rs.1800/-.
Important CAT 2017 Registration links:
- CAT 2017 Registration: Exam in 144 test cities; 14 small towns scrapped – choose carefully
- CAT 2017: 43 days online Registration window finally opens; first clarify all key points
- CAT 2017: ‘Exam designed to suit diverse background candidates’; CAT exam convener, Prof Dwivedi
Don’t waste your Rs.1800/-
If the CAT 2017 registration form is not filled up error free, the candidates planning to appear in CAT 2017 exam on Sunday, November 26 will need to re-register for CAT 2017 exam before September 20, and will need to pay the registration fee again as the registration fee once paid is non refundable.
5 key instructions for CAT 2017 registration
In the wake of changes in CAT 2017 registration form, IIM Lucknow, the CAT 2017 exam convener has suggested to follow the 5 undernoted important instructions before you start filling up the CAT 2017 registration and application form
- Check your eligibility for CAT 2017 by referring to the Eligibility document on the CAT 2017 website.
- Ensure you have a valid and unique email address and mobile number.
- “*” (asterisk) indicates a mandatory field. The boxes marked with this symbol must be filled in or you will not be allowed to submit your application for CAT 2017.
- Gather all the information you will need for filling the form beforehand,
- Keep your Mobile phone near you to verify and login to CAT 2017 registration site with the OTP sent by IIMs on your mobile.
5 Key documents you need for CAT 2017 registration
Following 5 documents are required to complete the CAT 2017 registration and application form:
- Your educational history – all the qualifications you possess
- Your mark sheets for class 10, 12, degree/Diploma, other qualification to fill up the academic details in the application form
- Details of Work Experience like type of industry you have worked/are working; working experience in months upto July 31, 2017 is required. Please note that the work experience after completion of bachelor’s degree/graduation should be filled up.
- All the applicable Certificates required to be uploaded on CAT 2017 site while filling up the CAT 2017 application form
- Scanned images of your passport size photo and signature. The photo should not be more than six months old and should have a white background.
Select the IIM programmes to which you wish to apply
The CAT 2017 Notification and CAT 2017 website display all the different management programmes offered by the 20 IIMs. You need to choose the preferred Interview city from the drop down menu for each selected IIM and the each preferred programme while finalizing the CAT 2017 application form.
Before you apply for CAT 2017, you must visit the websites and/or read programme advertisements of the concerned IIM and specific programmes to ensure which programmes you want to apply for, eligibility requirements and admission processes. This will help you to quickly finalise your registration process as you need to choose and fill up the names of IIMs and their programmes in order of preference so that you may be considered by respective IIM as per your choice, if you are shortlisted.
3 Step Registration process for CAT 2017
You can register for CAT 2017 from the official CAT 2017 website, www.iimcat.ac.in between August 9, 2017 and till 5:00 p.m. on September 20, 2017.
Registration steps are as follows:
- Register to get user CAT 2017 user Id and Password.
- Log in with system generated User ID and Password
- Submit Application on CAT 2017 website after entering details and making online payment
User Id on Email; OTP & Password on Mobile: Be careful to check & use
For CAT 2017 registration, you will need to verify your mobile number through OTP (One Time Password) which will be sent to your mobile number and your User ID will be sent to your registered email.
After you have verified the OTP while registering for CAT 2017 to get user id and password, CAT 2017 registration password shall be sent to your registered mobile number.
How to use CAT 2017 Registration id and password
- Once you receive CAT 2017 registration id and password, you can use these credentials to complete your CAT 2017 registration process.
- You should now log in as an Existing User to fill up the CAT 2017 Application form.
- There is no need to complete the application in a single session.
- You can login multiple times to complete.
- The CAT 2017 password can be used throughout the CAT 2017 registration process, CAT admit card download, CAT 2017 score card download, contacting the help desk at IIM Lucknow for any query on CAT 2017 registration, exam, result or any other thing related to CAT 2017 and for all the activities on CAT 2017 website
No edit option after making CAT 2017 registration payment
You cannot edit any details on the Application form after you have made the online payment. However, after the last day of CAT 2017 registration process is over, IIM Lucknow will open a limited time window during which you can modify very limited details like Percentage of Marks scored, Work Experience, Programmes Selected.
You will not be able to modify any details entered in the Personal Details section, any details entered in the Academics section except the percentage marks scored, Exam Centre City Preferences. You can only view and print after this.
Common Admission Test (CAT) 2017 is the mandatory exam conducted by IIM Lucknow for admission to management programmes in all the 20 IIMs – old and new. CAT 2017 will also offer the admission opportunity to PGDM/MBA programme in other top management institutes in India like FMS Delhi, IMI Delhi, IMT Ghaziabad, JBIMS Mumbai, MDI Gurgaon, NITIE Mumbai, Management departments of IITs, SPJIMR Mumbai, TAPMI Manipal and other more than 500 B-schools.
2.32 lakh candidates applied for CAT last year. This number may increase this year as during last few years CAT has seen tremendous growth in registration of candidates and test takers. IIMs and other top B-schools along offer admission to more than 30000 students in their different management programmes. Read more about CAT 2017
Stay tuned to MBAUniverse.com for more updates on CAT 2017
- CAT 2017: How to get rid of sticky areas? Join club 99 with Self Preparation, coaching & Mocks
- CAT 2017: Preparation guide for first & second timers; how to aim & get high score?
- CAT 2017: 10 Questions on CAT exam & CAT Registration answered by IIM Lucknow; must read
|Take CAT 2017 Mock Full Length: To assess your preparation in revised CAT 2017 exam pattern with 100 questions.|
|CAT Previous Year Question Papers, Answer With Solution:
CAT 2008 | CAT 2007 | CAT 2006 | CAT 2005 | CAT 2004
|Section 1: Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||CAT 2017: Quiz 1||CAT 2017: Quiz 2|
|Section 2: Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning||CAT 2017: Quiz 1||CAT 2017: Quiz 2|
|Section 3: Quantitative Ability||CAT 2017: Quiz-1||CAT 2017: Quiz-2|