24 hours remain to register online for XAT 2017 as the registration process closes on December 11 and with banks closed on second Saturday & Sunday, you can apply and remit your fee online only as it will not be possible to deposit cash with IDBI Bank or get DD prepared from any bank. By the time the Banks re-open next week, the last date to apply for XAT 2017 will be over.
The last date to register and apply for XAT 2017 exam, to be held on January 8, 2017 will end on December 11, 2016 with late fee. The last date to apply without late fee was over on November 30.
XAT 2017 offers last chance of admission to MBA/PGDM 2017-19 in XLRI, SPJIMR, IMT Ghaziabad, XIM Bhubaneshwar, GIM Goa, Great Lakes or 140 other top B-schools. Number of these top B-schools like SPJIMR Mumbai, IMT Ghaziabad, GIM Goa, Great Lakes, Tamilnadu will accept XAT 2017 scores along with CAT 2016 scores, so this is also the last chance to improve your score to get into one of the top B-schools in 2017.
The registration and application fee for XAT 2017 was Rs. 1600/- till November 30 and now it stands increased to Rs.2000/- with late fee of Rs.400/-. XAT 2017 exam will be held on January 8, 2017 in a single session in paper pen mode from 10AM to 1.30PM across the 47 cities in India and 2 cities abroad.
XLRI who convenes XAT has no proposal to extend the last date any further. According to the Admission Chair at XLRI “The last date is December 11, 2016. We will not extend the date.”
Apply to XLRI simultaneously: Add Rs. 500/- per programme
Candidates interested in XLRI programme(s) need to pay an additional fee of Rs.500/- for each programme along with XAT 2017 registration fee of Rs.2000/-. However, candidates only interested in XAT but not in XLRI need to pay a fee of Rs. 2000/-.
This application fee was Rs.1600/- for XAT and Rs. 300/- per programme for XLRI till November 30, 2016.
Apply online only: No DD or cash now
To register and apply for XAT and simultaneously to XLRI Jamshedpur by paying additional Rs. 500/- per programme, now you are left only with the option to submit your application and pay the registration fee online only as the Banks are closed today and tomorrow due to 2nd Saturday and Sunday. You cannot exercise the option to pay by mean of Demand Draft (DD) or by depositing Rs.2000/- in cash with IDBI Bank.
Online Registration Process
Registration process for XAT 2017 is online. Till Friday Dec 9, you could pay the registration fee either online or by DD or by depositing cash with IDBI Bank. Now the only option available before you is to make online payment.
You can make payment through VISA/Master Credit/Debit Cards. However, American Express Card is inadmissible. IDBI account holders can make payment through IDBI Net Banking also.
Eligbility: Pass in Bachelor’s degree
XAT 2017 aspirants must have recognized bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration or equivalent in any discipline. Those completing their final graduation exam by June 10, 2017 may also apply.
There is no threshold limit of 50% marks in graduation to become eligible to register and apply for XAT 2017. Accordingly all the candidates with recognized bachelor’s degree or in the final year of bachelor degree are eligible to register for XAT 2017.
XAT 2017 is the mandatory exam for admission to member and associate B-schools for Indian candidates, the NRI and foreign candidates may apply through their valid GMAT scores.
Candidates in Dubai and Kathmandu have the option of appearing in XAT 2017 or applying through GMAT scores.
Points to note in XAT Registration process
- Registration to XAT 2017 is online
- First part of registration is to be completed by creating the candidate profile
- Visit xatonline.net.in click on Register, create a new account with your personal email id, you will receive a unique XAT ID and registration link.
- Click on the link and create your own password. (Next time you will be allowed to login with this XAT ID and password).
- After receiving the XAT 2017 ID, all the further steps will have to be completed with XAT ID and password.
- The application form can be accessed by login with XAT ID and will have to be completed step by step.
- Select the Test City, write Name, upload photo and signature and save it.
- Select your Citizenship (Indian/ Foreign / NRI).
- If you are interested to apply for XLRI, select the programme of your choice out of Business Management (BM); Human Resource Management (HRM); and General Management Programme (GMP). If you are not interested to apply to any of the XLRI programmes, you can skip this step.
- Fill preliminary information ( Date of Birth, Gender, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Category and Phone Number etc….)
- Provide your mailing address and permanent address.
- Provide your educational qualification starting from 10th onwards.
- After completion of registration and application you will get the confirmation. You are supposed to print this XAT 2016 confirmation page for your reference. In future for all correspondence with XAT office, quote your XAT ID.
Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) 2017 is the gateway to more than 140 highly ranked B schools in India including XLRI, XIMB, SPJIMR, IMT among others. A high score in XAT 2017 may get you shortlisted for next round of admission process at one of the top rated B schools in the country.
Stay tuned to MBAUniverse.com for more updates on XAT 2017