Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Lucknow will convene CAT 2017. Prof Neeraj Dwivedi, faculty and admission chair at IIM Lucknow is appointed as CAT convener. Last 2 CAT exams in 2015 and 2016 were convened by IIM Ahmedabad and IIM Bangalore respectively. TCS the testing partner for CAT since 2014 remains unchanged. Common Admission Test (CAT), gateway to 20 IIMs and other top B-schools will be held in the similar format as that of CAT 2016 and CAT 2015.
CAT 2017 exam is to be held on Novermber 26, 2017 in 2 sessions - morning and afternoon. IIMs have shortened the CAT 2017 exam testing window to 1 day only.
More than 2 lakhs candidates are expected to appear in CAT 2017 exam as the total number of candidates who have registered for CAT 2017 are 2.31 lakhs. CAT 2017 will therefore offer a stiff competition for admission to top B-schools like IIM Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Calcutta, Lucknow, Kozhikode, Indore, FMS Delhi, MDI Gurgaon, SPJIMR among others. Over the years the candidates applying for CAT aptitude test leading to IIM admission have been increasing year after year as the data for past CAT exam released by CAT convening IIM Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Indore and other IIMs reveal this fact.
|CAT Exam Year||Total Candidates registered (In lakhs)|
Source: CAT data and MBAUniverse.com analysis
CAT Exam used to be held in 15 to 20 days testing window till 2013 by IIMs. However, since last 2 years CAT exam testing window has been shortened to one day only. Accordingly, CAT 2017 MBA entrance exam will also be held in one day.
CAT MBA attracts the cream of talent in India. The best talent of country aspires for IIMs which are highly ranked in imparting management education. The admission to IIMs is possible only through high scores in CAT MBA exam. Return on investment at IIMs is very high. 2 years fee and other expenses at IIMs come to around Rs.15 to 21 lakhs. Top recruiters from India and the world eye these institutes for their placement season. The offered salary packages go as high as Rs.50 to 70 lakhs per annum to the students of IIMs, FMS. SPJIMR, MDI, among others who offer admission on the basis of CAT scores.
Key facts about CAT 2017
- CAT 2017 exam is a computer based exam of 180 minutes duration with 100 questions
- One of the top 7 IIMs convenes CAT exam every year
- TCS – Tata Consultancy Services is the test taking agency for CAT exam 2017
- High score in each of the 3 sections in CAT exam 2017 may lead to 1st stage admission shortlist for the 2018-20 batch in IIMs, FMS Delhi, SPJIMR Mumbai, MDI Gurgaon, IMI New Delhi, JBIMS Mumbai, IMT Ghaziabad, TAPMI Manipal, BIMTECH Greater Noida, GIM Goa, Great Lakes Chennai, LIBA Chennai, IFMR Chennai, XIM Bhubaneswar among other top MBA colleges
- CAT MBA exam is the low cost MBA entrance test as it provides admission opportunity in 20 IIMs with the CAT 2017 registration fee: Rs.1800/- for General candidates; Rs.900/- for reserved category, CAT Registration and CAT exam application fee taken together comes to less than Rs.100 per Indian Institute of Management.
- CAT 2017 exam will offer a choice of more than 50 management programmes in 20 IIMs without any additional application fee for admission to academic session 2018-19.
- CAT exam 2017 will lead to admission in top MBA colleges in India. some of the top MBA colleges in India including 20 IIMs are
|IIM Ahmedabad||IIM Bangalore||IIM Calcutta|
|IIM Lucknow||IIM Indore||IIM Kozhikode|
|IIM Shillong||IIM Rohtak||IIM Trichy|
|IIM Udaipur||IIM Raipur||IIM Kashipur|
|IIM Ranchi||IIM Amritsar||IIM BodhGaya|
|IIM Jammu||IIM Nagpur||IIM Sambalpur|
|IIM Sirmaur||IIM Visakhapatnam||FMS Delhi|
|SPJIMR, Mumbai||MDI Gurgaon||IMI New Delhi|
|IMT Ghaziabad||NITIE Mumbai||TAPMI Manipal|
Apart from 20 IIMs there are other top rated B schools like FMS, JBIMS, IMI, IMT, MDI, NITIE, SPJIMR among more than 115 institutes in non-IIM category who will accept CAT 2017 scores for admission to MBA/PGDM 2017-19 programme.
IIMs conduct Common Admission Test on yearly basis for admission to various MBA programmes in 20 IIMs. The best talent of country aspires for IIMs which are highly ranked in imparting management education. There are 2.32 lakhs candidates who have registered for CAT 2016 and are supposed to appear in this most coveted test this year. Return on investment at IIMs is probably the best. 2 years fee and other expenses at IIM come to around Rs.15 to 20 lakhs. Top recruiters from India and the world eye these institutes for their placement season and feel proud when a few of the students from these B- Schools join them. The offered salary packages go as high as Rs.50 to 70 lakhs per annum to the students of these institutes.