CAT 2018 Photo Re-upload facility has been closed by IIM Calcutta on Sep 30. No further error correction facility in CAT 2018 Application form is allowed by IIMs. For any rectification in the CAT Application 2018, now the candidates who have successfully submitted their form should contact on phone or email to CAT 2018 Exam Centre immediately as nothing would be done after the CAT 2018 Admit card is ready to be released.
IIMs earlier opened the CAT 2018 application error correction window with only photo re-upload edit option on September 27 for 4 days till September 30, 2018. CAT 2018 applicants were allowed to re-upload their blur photographs on CAT application form during this period. Announcing the facility, IIM Calcutta had informed, "Candidates with improper/blur photographs can login and re-upload their photograph from Sep 27, 2018 (10:00 AM) to Sep 30, 2018 (5:00 PM). This is valid only for those candidates who have paid applicable Registration Fee and have registered successfully for CAT 2018 before the specified deadline."
Re-upload Blur Photograph on CAT Application Form
IIM Calcutta will allow the CAT 2018 applicant to re-upload their blur photographs and will open the Application Edit option from September 27 to September 30, 2018. Announcing the facility, IIM Calcutta has shared, "Candidates with improper/blur photographs can login and re-upload their photograph from Sep 27, 2018 (10:00 AM) to Sep 30, 2018 (5:00 PM). This is valid only for those candidates who have paid applicable Registration Fee and have registered successfully for CAT 2018 before the specified deadline."
CAT is the largest MBA entrance exam leading to admission in top MBA colleges of India. IIM Calcutta is conducting CAT 2018 and has announced that CAT 2018 will have a combination of MCQs and Non-MCQs to provide level playing field to the students of all streams. With an increase of Rs.100/- in its exam fee to Rs.1900/-, the CAT Registration process has already begun and will close on September 26, 2018. No change in the CAT 2018 exam pattern has been announced by the CAT convening IIM Calcutta. Besides, the CAT exam duration remains of three hours with 100 questions divided in three sections, as was the last year.
CAT 2018 Application: Important Dates & Details
CAT 2018 Application Process
Key Dates & Details
Application Form Availability Starts
August 8, 2018
Application process closes
September 26, 2018 at 11.59P.M.
CAT Guide - How to fill Application form
August 8, 2018 onwards
CAT 2018 Application Fee
Immediately after CAT Advertisement was out in news papers on July 29, 2018, the CAT 2018 Application start and end dates were also announced by IIM Calcutta.
CAT Online Form 2018: 5 page document
CAT application form 2018 is available online only. The step by step process how to fill the CAT application form online, how to pay CAT application fee and ultimately how to submit CAT application form must be known before you begin to fill the CAT application form.
CAT 2018 online registration form and CAT 2018 application form is a single document divided in 5 pages and as such cannot be separated. After the entering the basic details as a new user registering for CAT 2018, you have to complete the CAT Application process.
CAT Application Process 2018: To Remain Open till September 19, 2018
CAT 2018 online application process will remain open till 5PM on September 19, 2018. CAT Application online form in the past also remained open for more than one and a half month.
CAT 2018 Application form needs to be filled up cautiously as per the CAT Application guidelines as the application form mistakes in CAT may require you to apply again and your earlier CAT application fee may also not be adjusted. So be careful, while completing the CAT application process. Please note that the CAT Application process is online only and there will be no offline CAT application form.
CAT Application and Registration Form: Integral Part
There is no separate CAT Form 2018. The CAT 2018 application form is a part of CAT 2018 registration form. CAT online registration process will also have CAT application 2018 as a part of the complete CAT registration and application process. You will need to apply for CAT online and while completing your CAT 2018 form online CAT application 2018 form can be filled up.
Important points to note about CAT 2018 Application Process
- CAT 2018 Application Form is available online only
- CAT 2018 Application process will remain open for more than 40 days from August 8 to Sepetember 19, 2018
- Before you apply for CAT 2018, you must read the instructions and guidelines – how to apply for CAT 2018
- While filling up the online CAT 2018 application form, you should be clear in your mind which management programmes in 20 IIMs, you wish to opt for. The CAT application form asks you to fill in the details in the application form.
- The CAT 2018 application form fee is Rs.1900/-
- In case of filling incorrect information in CAT 2018 application form not only the candidature of the aspirant will be treated as invalid but the CAT application fee will also be forfeited.
- CAT 2018 application process can be completed in 3 steps – CAT Registration, filling up the CAT application form and making payment of CAT application fee.
- Read the instructions and watch the video on CAT website before beginning to fill up the CAT application form.
- You can save and exit while filling up the CAT 2018 application form any number of times to edit and complete it later or can Save & Continue each section till you submit the application.
- Fee for CAT application is to be paid after completing your CAT online application 2018
- If you do not pay the CAT 2018 application fee after completing your CAT 2018 application form, your CAT application will remain incomplete and you will not be allowed to appear in CAT 2018 exam.
First Register and then fill up CAT 2018 Application Form
The 1st part of CAT online application form requires your basic details and is called the Registration form. You need not pay any fee for the basic CAT Registration.
Immediately after login on IIM-CAT website with your basic details, IIMs will send you CAT Application ID and CAT password. With this unique CAT 2018 ID, you will login to CAT 2018 exam online application form which will be a combined CAT online application and registration form.
Required Documents to Apply for CAT 2018
Following are the mandatory items of information you need during the CAT 2018 online application process
- Educational history
- Mark sheets (10th /12th/ Degree/Diploma)
- Work experience, if any
- Applicable Certificates to upload
- Scanned images of your passport size photo and signature. (The photo should not be more than six months old and should have a white background)
- Scanned image of Passport size photo with the dimensions 35mm X 45mm along with the scanned image of your signature with the dimensions 1000mm X 35 mm. is required to be uploaded at the time of registration for CAT 2018. Please note that the documents file format should be .jpg or .jpeg and the file size should not be more than 80KB each. The image should be clear with a minimum resolution of 150px.
- List of the IIM programmes to which you wish to apply
- CAT exam fee payment instruments to pay CAT 2018 exam fee – like Debit/Credit cards, Net banking
How to Complete CAT 2018 Application Form
There are three parts of CAT 2018 application process:
- Create a Profile
- Log in with system generated User ID and Password provided by IIMs
- Fill up CAT Application form after entering details and making online payment through Net banking/Credit card/Debit card and submit the CAT application form
CAT 2018 Application process: How to begin?
- Login on CAT website as new user on ‘Register now’ and enter the basic details. In a few minutes of submitting the brief Registration Form, you will receive a User ID on the registered email with the subject line CAT 2018 Login Details. Ensure to check your mailbox immediately and in case you don’t find it there also check the spam mail.
- On receiving your system generated User ID and Password as SMS and on mail, next login should be as ‘existing user’ with the received ID & Password
How to fill CAT 2018 Application Form: Step by Step Process
You should keep the entire information ready before filling up the 5 pages of CAT 2018 application form:
Step-1: Personal details - Insert your personal details like parents' name, gender, category, nationality, communication address among others. You also need to upload your photograph, signature and caste certificate
Step-2: Academics- Insert all your academics beginning from class 10 onwards like exam taken, Board/University, marks obtained, maximum marks, percentage of marks among others in the required fileds of CAT application form. The details of professional degree, if any are to be entered on this page.
Read Latest updates on:
Step-3: Work Experience- If you are a candidate with work experience, enter your experience in completed months as on 31st July 2017 in CAT application form. Check all the Industry Types applicable to you, with Work Experience in months for each Industry Type.
Step-4: Programmes- This page of CAT Application form requires you to select any number of Programme Names offered by 20 IIMs in this section. Select the IIM programme and then select the IIM Interview City for that programme as per the cities in the respective drop down list. For the 6 new IIMs you need to choose the same interview city.
This page also wants you to select 4 preferred exam cities to appear in CAT 2018. However, you cannot select the same exam city twice in order of preference.
Step-5-Test City: There are 147 test cities for CAT 2018. Candidates can choose 4 preferred test cities in order of preference to appear in CAT 2018.
Step-6: Payment - This is the last step in CAT Application form. The payment is to be made online. A General / NC-OBC candidate needs to pay Rs.1900 while an SC/ST/PWD candidate will pay Rs.950 towards the CAT 2018 examination fee. The final amount will also include applicable additional charges as shared in the table below:
Important Guidelines to complete CAT Application Form
CAT 2018 Application process is simple and can be completed within the specified time although candidate can login again and again to complete the application.
- CAT application form will require you to fill up with your academic details, uploading of photograph, signature and requires category certificates as per the IIMs prescribed format for CAT application.
- Keep the entire information ready before filling up the CAT 2018 application form
- The work experience is to be entered in completed months in CAT application form
- The CAT 2018 online application form need not be completed in one go.You can revisit the CAT application form several times and complete it in steps.
- You will not be allowed to continue your CAT 2018 application process, if mandatory information is not filled up.
- Wherever needed, required Certificates, scanned images of photographs, signature are to be uploaded, else your application will remain incomplete
- If you forget your password during the CAT online application process, you may click on the Forgot Password button on the Existing User login window. The new password will be sent in the email to you, and not as an SMS.
- Once you have completed the last section of CAT application form, i.e. Payment, your CAT 2018 application form is considered complete and you will receive a confirmation mail. After this, changes to any information on the application form are not possible
Sample Photographs for Upload in CAT Application Form
Read Latest updates on: