Updated On: Friday, November 10 2017, 5:19 PM
CAT 2017 registration which was opened on August 9, 2017 has been closed on September 25 at 5PM after the CAT 2017 registration last date was extended from September 20. CAT 2017 notification was released on July 30 by IIM Lucknow who is conducting CAT 2017 exam. The CAT notification and CAT 2017 advertisement scheduled the CAT 2017 registration last date as September 20 but it was then extended for 5 more days and ended at 5PM on Monday September 25. The CAT 2017 exam will be conducted by CAT convening IIM Lucknow and the testing agency TCS on the pre notified date November 26, 2017 as released in CAT 2017 notification. The CAT 2017 online registration form and CAT 2017 application form remained a single document divided in 5 pages and had to be completed online.
CAT online registration after last date extended remained open for 48 days. IIM Lucknow had advised the CAT 2017 aspirants not to wait for CAT 2017 registration last date and should complete their CAT 2017 registration well in time. IIM Lucknow had also clarified that it would not be any means further extend the CAT 2017 registration last date. CAT 2017 exam online registration had 2 implications – the 1st that CAT 2017 registration form and process is online only and there is no CAT 2017 offline registration facility, and second that CAT 2017 registration last date was extended by 5 days and waiting for the last date for CAT 2017 registration landed manyn in technical glitches due to heavy rush on the last day of CAT registration. IIM Lucknow had advised to complete CAT 2017 online registration process well before September 25.
CAT online registration after last date extended remains open for 48 days. IIM Lucknow has advised the CAT 2017 aspirants not to wait for CAT 2017 registration last date and should complete their CAT 2017 registration well in time. IIM Lucknow will not be any further extend the CAT 2017 registration last date. CAT 2017 exam online registration will have 2 implications – the 1st that CAT 2017 registration form and process is online only and there is no CAT 2017 offline registration facility, and second that CAT 2017 registration last date has been extended by 5 days and waiting for the last date for CAT 2017 registration may land you in technical glitches due to heavy rush on the last day of CAT registration. So IIM Lucknow has advised to complete your CAT 2017 online registration process well before September 25.
Latest CAT Registration Updates:
- 2.31 lakh candidates register for CAT 2017; number at par with last CAT year
- CAT 2017: 4 days Limited Error Edit option in application form allowed from Sept 27 to 30
- CAT registration closed, Error edit option open, rectify application mistakes till September 30
- CAT 2017 Registration Last date extended to September 25 till 5PM; thousands to benefit, don’t miss
- CAT 2017: Registration Last chance closes today at 5PM; Apply before 3PM to avoid glitch
There is no separate CAT 2017 application form. The CAT 2017 application form is a part of CAT 2017 registration form. CAT online registration process also contains CAT application 2017 as a part of the CAT registration form. You will need to apply for CAT online and while completing your CAT 2016 registration online CAT application 2017 form has to be filled up. The 1st part of CAT online registration form requires your personal details. After completing your CAT 2017 exam online registration, IIMs will send you CAT registration ID. With this unique CAT 2017 registration ID, you will login to CAT 2017 exam online registration form which will also contain CAT online application form and will be a combined CAT online registration and application form.
CAT Registration form and CAT online application will require you to fill up CAT form with your academic details, uploading of photograph, signature and requires category certificates as per the IIMs prescribed format for CAT registration. CAT online application form 2017 consists of programme details on all the 20 IIMs. Candidates filling up CAT online application have to tick by clicking on the relevant programmes of the IIMs for which they wish to attend the personal Interview Process.
CAT 2017 Registration FAQs
Q.1. What is the last date to register and apply for CAT 2017?
A. The last date to register and apply for CAT 2017 is September 25, 2017 till 5P.M.
Q.2. Can I apply for CAT 2017 in offline mode also?
A. No, you can submit only online application for CAT 2017
Q.3. What is CAT 2017 registration fee?
A. CAT 2017 registration fee for General category is Rs.1800/- and for reserved category it is Rs.900/-
Q.4. How to ensure that all the details that I entered in CAT 2017 registration and application form are correct?
A. Do not forget to preview all the pages of CAT 2017 application form before submission.
Q.5. Is it possible to amend mistake in CAT 2017 registration after form submission
A. After submitting the CAT 2017 online application it is not possible to rectify the errors. You will have to re-register.
Q.6 If still there remains mistake in CAT 2017 application form, how can I amend it?
A. Wait for the 1-2 days limited time window to open by IIM Lucknow for error correction. The error correction window is expected to open after the close of CAT registration process.
Q.7. Can I rectify the errors on all application pages of CAT 2017 registration when error correction window opens?
A. No, you can only modify the limited details like percentage of marks scored, work experience, programmes names / interview city centers. No personal details would be allowed to be modified.
Q. 8. Can my score in Masters degree compensate for bachelors degree low score? I scored 76% in Masters but 49% in graduation, can I appear in CAT 2017?
A. No, you cannot, you need minimum 50% marks in graduation to appear in CAT 2017 if you a general category candidate.
Q.9. What is the size and type of Photograph & signature to be uploaded on CAT 2017 application form?
A. The scanned image of your passport photo must be within the dimensions of 30mm X 45mm and for signature the dimensions are 80mm X 35mm. (See more details below)
Q.10. If I, already have a category certificate, can I upload it on CAT 2017 application form or I need a new one?
A. If you already have a certificate that fulfils the prescribed criteria, you may upload the same.
Q.11. I was awarded only grades but not percentage of marks in academics? how should I fill it in CAT registration form?
A. You should obtain a certificate from the Board/Institute/University specifying the equivalent marks which should be used for filling the online CAT 2017 application form
Q.12. I have working experience in the Accounts & finance section of an Automobile company, what should I fill in the application form as the area of work experience - Finance or Automobile?
A. Your area of work experience is Finance but the type of company is Automobile. The work experience is to be entered in months till July 31, 2017.
CAT 2017 Registration and Application form can be completed in 5 steps.
Fill in Registration form first
-You need to Register as New user
This part requires you to enter your name, date of birth, email address, country and mobile number. You will get one time OTP after this and with the help of the OTP it will be possible for you to login to CAT 2017 main application form.
Complete Application form in 5 steps
Step-1- Personal details: Insert your personal details like parents' name, gender, category, nationality, communication address among others. You also need to upload your photograph, signature and caste certificate
Step-2 - Academics: Insert all your academics beginning from class 10 onwards like exam taken, Board/University, marks obtained, maximum marks, percentage of marks among others. The details of professional degree, if any are to be entered on this page.
Step-3- Work Experience: If you are a candidate with work experience, enter your experience in completed months as on 31st July 2017. Check all the Industry Types applicable to you, with Work Experience in months for each Industry Type.
Step-4-Programmes: This page requires you to select any number of Programme Names offered by 20 IIMs in this section. Select the IIM programme and then select the IIM Interview City for that programme as per the cities in the respective drop down list. For the 6 new IIMs you need to choose the same interview city.
This page also wants you to select 4 preferred exam cities to appear in CAT 2017. However, you can not select the same exam city twice in order of preference.
Step-5-Payment: This is the last step in Application form. The payment is to be made online. A General / NC-OBC candidate needs to pay Rs.1800 while an SC/ST/PWD candidate will pay Rs.900 towards the CAT 2017 examination fee. The final amount will also include applicable additional charges as per the table below:
|Transaction Processing Fees|
|Credit Card (Visa/Master)||1.2% of the value of the transaction.|
|Credit Card (Amex/Diners Club)||2.85% of the value of the transaction.|
|Debit Card (Visa/master/Rupay)||0.75% of the value of the transaction for value up to Rs 2000 and 1.00% for value more than Rs. 2000.|
|ATM-cum-Debit Cards||0.75% of the value of the transaction for value up to Rs 2000 and 1.00% for value more than Rs. 2000|
|Net Banking||Rs 18.00 per transaction for HDFC, ICICI, AXIS and SBI
Rs. 15.00 per transaction for rest of the banks
|Cash Card & Wallet||1.75% of the value of the transaction.|
Key features of CAT 2017 registration and CAT 2017 online application process are shared below-
- CAT 2017 registration will be online process only
- CAT 2017 registration will remain open for more than 45 days from the date it starts
- When you register for CAT 2017, you will automatically apply online for CAT 2017
- Applying online for CAT 2017 will mean that you have to opt for the relevant management programmes in all the 20 IIMs mentioned in the CAT 2017 registration form
- The CAT 2017 registration fee: Rs.1800/- for General candidates; Rs.900/- for reserved category
- In case of filling incorrect information in CAT 2017 online application form not only the candidature of the aspirant will be treated as invalid but the CAT registration fee will also be forfeited.
- CAT 2017 registration can be completed in 3 steps.
- Read the instructions at the start of the CAT registration form before beginning to fill up the CAT application form.
- You can save and exit the CAT 2017 registration form any number of times to edit and complete it later or can Save & Continue each section till you submit the application.
- Fee for CAT exam is to be paid after completing your CAT online registration 2017 and CAT 2017 online application form.
- If you do not pay the CAT 2017 exam fee after completing your CAT 2017 registration form, your CAT 2017 application form will remain incomplete and you will not be allowed to appear in CAT 2017 exam.
Key documents needed to complete CAT 2017 registration and CAT 2017 application
Following are the mandatory items of information you will need during the CAT 2017 registration and CAT 2017 online application process
- Educational history
- Mark sheets (10th /12th/ Degree/Diploma)
- Work experience, if any
- Applicable Certificates to upload
- Scanned images of your passport size photo and signature. (The photo should not be more than six months old and should have a white background)
- Scanned image of Passport size photo with the dimensions 35mm X 45mm along with the scanned image of your signature with the dimensions 1000mm X 35 mm. is required to be uploaded at the time of registration for CAT 2017. Please note that the documents file format should be .jpg or .jpeg and the file size should not be more than 80KB each. The image should be clear with a minimum resolution of 150px.
- List of the IIM programmes to which you wish to apply
- CAT exam fee payment instruments to pay CAT 2017 exam fee – like Debit/Credit cards, Net banking
Filling the CAT 2017 Registration form
CAT 2017 registration steps are simple and can be completed within the specified time although candidate can login again and again to complete the process as follows: - Create a Profile
- Log in with system generated User ID and Password
- Submit Application after entering details and making online payment through Net banking/Credit card/Debit card
Key points to remember in the process of CAT 2017 registration and CAT 2017 application
- Once you create a profile after login as new user on ‘Register now’ and receive your system generated User ID and Password as SMS and on mail, next login should be as ‘existing user’ with the received ID & Password
- In a few minutes of submitting the Registration Form, you will receive a User ID on the registered email with the subject line CAT 2017 Login Details. Ensure to check your mailbox immediately and in case you don’t find it there also check the spam mail.
- Keep the entire information ready before filling up the CAT 2017 application form
- The work experience is to be entered in completed months in CAT registration form
- The CAT 2017 online application form need not be completed in one go. You can revisit the CAT application form several times and complete it in steps.
- You will not be allowed to continue your CAT 2017 registration process, if mandatory information is not filled or the required Certificates, scanned images of photographs, signature are not uploaded.
- If you forget your password during the CAT online registration process, you may click on the Forgot Password button on the Existing User login window. The new password will be sent in the email to you, and not as an SMS.
- Once you have completed the last section of CAT application form, i.e. Payment, your CAT 2017 application form is considered complete and you will receive a confirmation mail. After this, changes to any information on the application form are not possible.