CAT 2017 registration is proposed to open in the 1st week of August 2017. After release of CAT notification, IIM CAT registration for CAT exam 2017 will be opened by CAT convening IIM and the testing agency TCS. CAT 2017 online registration form and CAT 2017 application form would be a single document divided in 5 pages.
CAT online registration remains open for more than one and a half month. CAT 2017 exam online registration will have 2 implications – CAT 2017 registration form will be online only and there will be no CAT 2017 offline registration facility; CAT 2017 registration last date will fall after 45 days from the date of opening of CAT 2017 online registration process.
There is no separate CAT 2017 application form. The CAT 2017 application form is a part of CAT 2017 registration form. CAT online registration process will also have CAT application 2017 as a part of the CAT registration form. You will need to apply for CAT online and while completing your CAT 2016 registration online CAT application 2017 form can be filled up.
The 1st part of CAT online registration form requires your personal details. After completing your CAT 2017 exam online registration, IIMs will send you CAT registration ID. With this unique CAT 2017 registration ID, you will login to CAT 2017 exam online registration form which will also contain CAT online application form and will be a combined CAT online registration and application form.
CAT Registration form and CAT online application will require you to fill up CAT form with your academic details, uploading of photograph, signature and requires category certificates as per the IIMs prescribed format for CAT registration.
CAT online application form 2017 will consist of programme details on all the 20 IIMs. Candidates filling up CAT online application shall have to tick by clicking on the relevant programmes of the IIMs for which they wish to attend the personal Interview Process.
Key features of CAT 2017 registration and CAT 2017 online application process are shared below-
- CAT 2017 registration will be online process only
- CAT 2017 registration will remain open for more than 45 days from the date it starts
- When you register for CAT 2017, you will automatically apply online for CAT 2017
- Applying online for CAT 2017 will mean that you have to opt for the relevant management programmes in all the 20 IIMs mentioned in the CAT 2017 registration form
- The CAT 2017 exam fee is expected to remain the same at Rs.1700/- as was last year
- In case of filling incorrect information in CAT 2017 online application form not only the candidature of the aspirant will be treated as invalid but the CAT registration fee will also be forfeited.
- CAT 2017 registration can be completed in 3 steps.
- Read the instructions at the start of the CAT registration form before beginning to fill up the CAT application form.
- You can save and exit the CAT 2017 registration form any number of times to edit and complete it later or can Save & Continue each section till you submit the application.
- Fee for CAT exam is to be paid after completing your CAT online registration 2017 and CAT 2017 online application form.
- If you do not pay the CAT 2017 exam fee after completing your CAT 2017 registration form, your CAT 2017 application form will remain incomplete and you will not be allowed to appear in CAT 2017 exam.
Key documents needed to complete CAT 2017 registration and CAT 2017 application
Following are the mandatory items of information you will need during the CAT 2017 registration and CAT 2017 online application process
- Educational history
- Mark sheets (10th /12th/ Degree/Diploma)
- Work experience, if any
- Applicable Certificates to upload
- Scanned images of your passport size photo and signature. (The photo should not be more than six months old and should have a white background)
- Scanned image of Passport size photo with the dimensions 35mm X 45mm along with the scanned image of your signature with the dimensions 1000mm X 35 mm. is required to be uploaded at the time of registration for CAT 2017. Please note that the documents file format should be .jpg or .jpeg and the file size should not be more than 80KB each. The image should be clear with a minimum resolution of 150px.
- List of the IIM programmes to which you wish to apply
- CAT exam fee payment instruments to pay CAT 2017 exam fee – like Debit/Credit cards, Net banking
Filling the CAT 2017 Registration form
CAT 2017 registration steps are simple and can be completed within the specified time although candidate can login again and again to complete the process as follows: - Create a Profile
- Log in with system generated User ID and Password
- Submit Application after entering details and making online payment through Net banking/Credit card/Debit card
Key points to remember in the process of CAT 2017 registration and CAT 2017 application
- Once you create a profile after login as new user on ‘Register now’ and receive your system generated User ID and Password as SMS and on mail, next login should be as ‘existing user’ with the received ID & Password
- In a few minutes of submitting the Registration Form, you will receive a User ID on the registered email with the subject line CAT 2017 Login Details. Ensure to check your mailbox immediately and in case you don’t find it there also check the spam mail.
- Keep the entire information ready before filling up the CAT 2017 application form
- The work experience is to be entered in completed months in CAT registration form
- The CAT 2017 online application form need not be completed in one go. You can revisit the CAT application form several times and complete it in steps.
- You will not be allowed to continue your CAT 2017 registration process, if mandatory information is not filled or the required Certificates, scanned images of photographs, signature are not uploaded.
- If you forget your password during the CAT online registration process, you may click on the Forgot Password button on the Existing User login window. The new password will be sent in the email to you, and not as an SMS.
- Once you have completed the last section of CAT application form, i.e. Payment, your CAT 2017 application form is considered complete and you will receive a confirmation mail. After this, changes to any information on the application form are not possible.