IFMR Chennai was established in 1970 as a research based think tank to advise Corporates and Governments. In 2014 IFMR shifted to a 40 acre fully residential, Wi-Fi enabled campus with air-conditioned classrooms, located in Sri City, 70kms from Chennai.
In view of delay in XAT 2018 and CMAT 2018 result declaration, IFMR has extended the last date to apply to February 12, 2018 for General round
- IFMR has been granted the status of State University by the Government of Andhra Pradesh in May 2017.
- From 2017 IFMR offers MBA degree in place of Post graduate diploma
- Fee structure for 2 years MBA programme is Rs.12 lakhs
- Average salary in Placement 2017 is Rs.8.5 lakhs
- Top recruiters in Placement 2017 include Accenture, ANZ Bank, Cap Gemini, Cognizant, Credit Suisse, CRISIL, Deloitte, HCL Axon, HSBC, i-Nautix, Infosys, JP Morgan, RBS, SCOPE, Temenos