K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research popularly referred to as SIMSR came into existence in 1981 and has been imparting and contributing tremendously in qualitative development of Management Education in India. The institute has autonomous status, granted by UGC and notified by the University of Mumbai. SIMSR offers full time, part time and executive programmes in Business Management along with Masters in Computer Applications and Doctoral Programmes. Institute highlights are:
- K J Somaiya is consistently ranked among top 25 management institutes and top 10 private sector B-schools in India
- All the programmes at K J Somaiya are approved by All India Council of Technical Education, Ministry Of HRD, Govt. of India and University of Mumbai
- PGDM at K J Somaiya is accredited by National Board of Accreditation (NBA), a body of AICTE, Ministry of HRD, and Govt. of India.
- Course fee is Rs.11,93,500/-
- Placement 2017 recorded Average salary of Rs.9.19 lakhs and highest salary of Rs.24 lakhs.
- Top Recruiters in Placement 2017 include Google, HUL, GEP, HSBC, Amazon, Invesco, Crisil, Citi Bank, Morgan Stanley, Barclays, SAP, Deloitte, Accenture, Capgemini
K J Somaiya, Mumbai Admission 2018
Admission process for PGDM 2018-20 at K J Somaiya Institute of Management & Research (SIMSR) Mumbai is open. Candidates can apply by Jan 31, to explore admission opportunity at K J Somaiya. The B-school accepts CAT 2017, XAT 2018 and CMAT 2018 scores in admission.
K J Somaiya Admission Status 2018
Key dates for admission to PGDM 2018 at K J Somaiya are:
- Application close date: January 31, 2018
- Application fee: Rs.2800/-
- Programmes offered: PGDM/PGDM-RM/PGDM-IB/PGDM-FS/PGDM-Communication/Mumbai University-MMS
- K J Somaiya Final admission round consists of Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI)
K J Somaiya CAT Cut off
- K J Somaiya accepts other exam scores also, apart from CAT exam score. CAT cut offs are applied in the admission process at the B-school.
- K J Somaiya Cut offs for admission 2018-20 batch are to remain 87 percentile in CAT 2017 exam.
- Cut offs in K J Somaiya admission over past many years have remained in a range of 85 to 88. Those who have scored the CAT percentile in this range can expect to be called for final admission round at K J Somaiya
K J Somaiya Shortlist 2018
- K J Somaiya shortlist for admission 2018 will be announced by February 23, 2018
- The shortlisted candidates have to attend GD-PI between March 3 to 18, 2018 at different centres
- K J Somaiya will have an intake of 360 students in total for the PGDM programmes offered and 120 seats for the Mumbai University MMS programme.
- K j Somaiya shortlist will comprise 1000+ candidates who would be called for GD/PI round at different centres.
K J Somaiya Placement
K J Somaiya, Mumbai has a consistent record of high placements with reputed recruiters visiting the K J Somaiya campus for placement year after year. The current Placement trends at K j Somaiya are:
- Average Salary Batch 2015-17 (Domestic): Rs. 9.40 lakhs
- Highest Salary Batch 2015-17 (Domestic): Rs. 24 lakhs
- Average Salary Batch 2014-16 (Domestic): Rs. 9.40 lakhs
- Highest Salary Batch 2014-16 (Domestic): Rs.21.4 lakhs
- Top recruiters 2017: Accenture, Adani, Bajaj, Deloitte, Google, HDFC, HSBC, DCB Bank, ICICI, Kotak, Nestle, Nomura, Oracle, Maruti Suzuki, HCL, L&T, Reliance, TATA, Zomato.
- Top Recruiters 2016: Accenture, Deloitte, Google, HDFC, ICICI, Nomura, Oracle, Maruti, HCL, L&T, Reliance, TATA.
K J Somaiya Fee
The programme fee for all the PGDM programmes is same while for MMS it is regulated by the Government of Maharashtra. The course fee for 2 years full time PGDM programmes at K j Somaiya is: Rs. 11,93,500/-