X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quant Questions In CAT Paper

Hi, I Got This Question in my morning slot paper. What is the answer?
    Radha wrote five papers A, B, C, D & E each of maximum marks 100. The marks obtained in paper A, B & C are in the ratio 8 : 9 : 10. She obtained 100 marks in either D or E. Also, the marks obtained by her are in the ratio 18 : 19 : 20. Then the total her & core in all five subjects is (If all scores are integers)

Hi, Is the question correct? Something appears wrong in it.

Comment

Hi, This question is similar to the one that appeared in CAT exam. I got it wrong

Comment

Hi, CAT 2016 had a question like this in 1st slot. Is it too difficult? I could not answer it, hope values are same

What is the range of x satisfying x2 + 2x – 15 > 0 and x2 – 3x – 4 < 0 is

(a) -5 < x < 4 (b) -1 < x < 4 (c) -5 < x < 3
        (d) 3 < x < 4

Comment

Originally posted by Ashok View Post
          Hi, I Got This Question in my morning slot paper. What is the answer?
          Radha wrote five papers A, B, C, D & E each of maximum marks 100. The marks obtained in paper A, B & C are in the ratio 8 : 9 : 10. She obtained 100 marks in either D or E. Also, the marks obtained by her are in the ratio 18 : 19 : 20. Then the total her & core in all five subjects is (If all scores are integers)
          The question is correct and the answer to the question is - 438. Know how it is -

Ans:Solution -

C D E A B C
          18 : 19 : 20 8 : 9 : 10
          x 5 x 5 x 5 x 9 x 9 x 9
          90 95 100 72 81 90

Her total score = 72 + 81 + 90 + 95 + 100 = 438. The question can be solved faster using ratio approach.

Comment

Those who can relate themselves with the rural states and cities of India and seek to work on improving the standards by introducing development in them, can opt for Rural Management as their specialization. KSRM's two year MBA (RM)programme nurtures committed young and meritorious students into rural managers and entrepreneurs who create value for their organisations and rural communities. Visit http://www.ksrm.ac.in/web/ ([url]http://www.ksrm.ac.in/web/[/url]) & Apply today. Hurry! Admissions closing soon.

Comment

Working...
            X