Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. Which of the following was not occupied by the British or the French and just remained as a buffer state?
    (a) Thailand
    (b) Malaysia
    (c) Indonesia
    (d) China

2. Consider the following statements:
    I. Under the Treaty of Nanking in 1842, China took over Hong Kong from the British.
    II. The Second Opium War was fought between China and Japan.
    Which of the above statements is/are correct?
    (a) I
    (b) II
    (c) I and II
    (d) None

3. By the Treaty of Boque, X made the British its most favoured nation. X is
    (a) South Africa
    (b) China
    (c) Sri Lanka
    (d) Indonesia

4. By 1885, Vietnam was completely under the possession of
    (a) the French
    (b) the Dutch
    (c) the British
    (d) the Portuguese

5. X occupied Egypt from Ottoman Turkey in 1882. X is
    (a) France
    (b) Portugal
    (c) Belgium
    (d) Britain

6. The Mughal Empire reached its greatest extent under
    (a) Akbar
    (b) Aurangzeb
    (c) Shah Jahan
    (d) Jahangir

7.Fatwa-i-Alamgiri was created during the reign of
    (a) Humayun
    (b) Shah Jahan
    (c) Aurangzeb
    (d) Akbar

8. Who was the first Nizam of Hyderabad?
    (a) Mujaffar Jung
    (b) Nasir Jung
    (c) Salabat Jung
    (d) Chin Quilich Khan

9. Who took away the Peacock Throne from India?
    (a) Nadir Shah
    (b) Ahmed Shah Abdali
    (c) Mahmud of Ghazni
    (d) Muhammad Ghori

10.Whom did Chhatrapati Shivaji considered his guru?
    (a) Chokhamela
    (b) Ramdas
    (c) Tukaram
    (d) Eknath

Comment

• MBAU Expert
      MBAU Expert commented
      Editing a comment
      1. (a) Thailand is the only Southeast Asian country never to have been occupied by any European or other foreign power, except in war.

2. (d) Under the Treaty of Nanking in 1842, China ceded Hong Kong to the British. Both the British and the French fought the Second Opium War against China.

3. (b) After the Treaty of Nanking, the Chinese signed the Treaty of Boque which made the British its most favoured state. The British also got the right of ‘extra-territoriality’ through this treaty.

4. (a) Vietnam signed a treaty with the French in 1862 which gave control of southern Vietnam to the French. By 1885, the French completely took over Vietnam. Soon Cambodia and Laos were also added to the French Colonial Empire.

5. (d) Britain occupied Egypt from Turkey to guarantee its repayment of the huge foreign debt.

6. (b) Under Aurangzeb the Mughal Empire reached its greatest extent. In all, it comprised 21 provinces, covering a geographical spread from Afghanistan to the north-west to the eastern extremity of Bengal in the east and from Kashmir in north to the Carnatic in the south.

7. (c) Aurangzeb imposed a set of Islamic laws called Fatwa-i-Alamgiri in defence of Islam and Muslim society.

8. (d) Chin Quilich Khan, popularly known as Nizam-ul-Mulk, founded the state of Hyderabad in 1724 and became the first Nizam of Hyderabad.

9. (a) Nadir Shah of Iran invaded Delhi in 1738-1739 and plundered the city. He also took away the Peacock Throne and the Koh-i-noor diamond.

10. (b) Bhakti Saints like Samarth Ramdas since the 15th century had created in the minds of the Marathas the abiding sense of mutual love and faith in one God. These saints too had an influence which emphasised on the principles of good work and purity of heart.

1. The Treaty of Warna divided the Maratha Kingdom between
    (a) Sahuji and Sambhaji I
    (b) Rajaram and Sambhaji I
    (c) Rajaram and Sambhaji II
    (d) Sahuji and Sambhaji II

2. Who defeated the Nizam-ul-Mulk and imposed the Treaty of Durai Sarai on him?
    (a) Sahuji
    (b) Sambhaji I
    (c) Baji Rao I
    (d) Shivaji

3. Consider the following statements
    I. The Marathas restored Shah Alam II on the throne of Delhi in 1772.
    II. Baji Rao I was also known as Nana Saheb.
    (a) I
    (b) II
    (c) I and II
    (d) None

4. Whom did Shahuji, the king of the Maratha Kingdom, made the Peshwa in 1713?
    (a) Madhavrao
    (b) Bajirao I
    (c) Balaji Vishwanath
    (d) Narayanrao

5. Jiziya, during the Mughal Empire, was a tax levied on
    (a) mercantile companies like the East India Company
    (b) non-Muslim citizens
    (c) money lenders
    (d) all the citizens

6. The Sardeshmukhi, in the Maratha regime, was a
    (a) tax levied on revenue
    (b) designation equivalent to Peshwa
    (c) designation lesser to Peshwa
    (d) name given to the Chhatrapati

7. Who was the first of the ‘hereditary Peshwas’ of the Maratha kingdom?
    (a) Madhav-Rao I
    (b) Balaji Bajirao
    (c) Baji Rao I
    (d) Balaji Vishwanath

8. Consider the following statements
    I. In the First Carnatic War, the British defeated the Nawab of Arcot.
    II. Anwar-ud-Din was the Nawab of Arcot in the First Carnatic War.
    (a) I
    (b) II
    (c) I and II
    (d) None

9. Consider the following statements
    I. The French, under Joseph Francois Dupleix, won the Third Carnatic War against the British.
    II. The Dutch joined the British against the French in the Carnatic Wars.
    (a) I
    (b) II
    (c) I and II
    (d) None

10. Consider the following statements
    I. Eyre Coote was the British General in the Battle of Wandiwash.
    II. The British defeated the French in the Battle of Wandiwash in 1760.
    (a) I
    (b) II
    (c) I and II
    (d) None

Comment

• MBAU Expert
      MBAU Expert commented
      Editing a comment
      1. (d) According to the treaty, the Maratha Kingdom was divided into two halves. The southern half of the kingdom went to Sambhaji II while the Northern Half went to Sahuji.

2. (c) The Treaty made the Nizam surrender the whole of Malwa.By this treaty, Baji Rao I also obtained from Nizam the territory lying between rivers Narmada and Chambal other than 50 lakh rupees as war compensation.

3. (a) The Maratha power revived in norther India after almost a decade under Madhav Rao I. Following the death of Najib-ud-Daula the Marathas restored the exiled Mughal emperor Shah Alam II on the throne of Delhi in 1772. Balaji Baji Rao was known as Nana Saheb, not Baji Rao.

4. (c) During difficult times, diwan Balaji Vishwanath stood stead fastly by Sahuji (son of Sambhaji). Hence Sahuji elevated him to the post of Peshwa.

5. (b) Jiziya is a poll tax that early Islamic rulers demanded from their non-Muslim subjects. Aurangzeb imposed this tax during his reign in India.

6. (a) Sardeshmukhi was an additional 10% tax levied on top of the Chauth, which was 25% tax on the revenue produced.

7. (d) During difficult times, diwan Balaji Vishwanath stood steadfastly by Sahuji (son of Sambhaji). Hence Sahuji elevated him to the post of Peshwa. From then on, the office of the Peshwa became hereditary and Balaji and his successors became the de facto rulers of the Maratha kingdom.

8. (b) In the First Carnatic War, the French defeated the Nawab of Arcot.

9. (d) The Third Carnatic War was won by the British. This finally decided the fate of the two European powers in India. The Dutch were not involved at all in the Carnatic Wars.

10. (c) The Battle of Wandiwash put an end to the colonial ambitions of the French in India.

what is the registration fees for SNAP?

Comment

• MBAU Expert
      MBAU Expert commented
      Editing a comment
      Registration fees for SNAP is Rs.1500/-

what is the link to register?

Comment

• MBAU Expert
      MBAU Expert commented
      Editing a comment
      Pls find the link to register [url]http://www.snaptest.org/?utm_source=MBAUniverse&utm_medium=Banner&utm_camp aign=MBAUniversebanner[/url]

what topic to cover for GK?

Comment

• MBAU Expert
      MBAU Expert commented
      Editing a comment
      You can cover Current Affairs for last 2 yrs.

from where can we prepare for Current affairs or general awareness section topics?

Comment

For the benefit of SNAP 2016 aspirants, we present the success story and SNAP 2016 preparation tips shared by Suorav Dutta who scored 99.994 percentile in SNAP 2015 and 92.9 in CAT 2015 and opted for SIBM Pune.Sourav belongs to Jamshedpur. He has a consistent good academic record with 87.2% in class 10; 81% in class 12 and 81% in his B.Tech which he completed from KIIT Bhubaneswar in 2013. Sourav Dutta has a work experience of 17 months at Aricent, Gurgaon as Software engineer.Apart from SNAP 2015, Sourav also appeared in CAT 2015, NMAT by GMAC, XAT 2016. He had admission option among SIBM Pune, NMIMS and a couple of new IIMs but he opted for SIBM Pune.Sourav is Professional Archer and plays for Indian Archery Team also. According to him, his source of inspiration are his parents.

MBAUniverse.com: What was your preparation strategy for SNAP 2015?
      Sourav (SNAP topper): Last year I missed cut-offs by very small margins so I was very determined to prepare again this year and get through. I had a huge task of managing my professional sports career, job and preparation at the same time. But when you aspire to study management we need to manage right from the start. So I joined the evening classes at TIME Gurgaon where I was working. After the job hours, I devoted 2 hours to classroom session and then practiced in the morning.
      I knew I lacked in quant and English passages, so I started from the first day.I solved last 10 year questions on quant and timed myself each time. I also solved the sectional tests and the questions in the study booklets and discussed the wrong questions every week. I also gave the mocks and discussed and analysed each performance and changed the strategy as and when needed.

MBAUniverse.com: How did you prepare for each section in SNAP 2015? What study materials and books did you use?
      Sourav (SNAP topper): I used the coaching institute study materials only. I was weak at the English passages and a little slow in the quantitative aptitude section. So I solved a lot of sectional tests for both these sections and also solved last 10 years question papers for these two sections which helped me a lot. I also took feedback from the mentors I got at the coaching institute to analyse my mock performance and what should be my strategy for each exam according to my performance.

MBAUniverse.com: Was there any particular section that you were weak at? How did you overcome this challenge?
      Sourav (SNAP topper): Yes, I was weak at English comprehension; in fact I’m still not very good at it. I never had the habit of reading books or reading newspaper which made it difficult for me to read big passages. I used to feel bored or lose the data I read till then. But whenever I solved the study materials I used to time myself few minutes less and tried to complete those passages. Then, I started solving last 10 years question paper mainly passages. I also started reading news and hearing a lot of debates. I also started writing answers in different forums like quora which helped too.

MBAUniverse.com: How can candidates use Mock tests better? What is your advice?
      Sourav (SNAP topper): I have always followed GP’s simple rule that the time we devote in taking mocks should be equal to the time we use to analyse them. Taking mocks is just the first step but when we go through our strategy and what we lack, shows the areas of strengths and weakness which help us leave questions on the D-day. As we have limited amount of time we have to attempt questions, which we will hopefully go on to solve and this information can be retrieved only by analysis of our mock performance.

MBAUniverse.com: Did you go to offline coaching centre? What role does a coaching centre play?
      Sourav (SNAP topper): Yes, I went to TIME Gurgaon and joined the swift batch of 3 months. I prepared for MBA entrance exams along with job so it was really helpful when it came to the classroom experience. It gave a lot of exposure and the basics were brushed up. It also bought some practice time for me. The mocks were very helpful as it showed where I stood in the national level among all aspirants.

MBAUniverse.com: Other than SNAP, which exam did you appear?
      Sourav (SNAP topper): Other than SNAP, I appeared in CAT, XAT, TISSNET, NMAT and the IIFT exam.

MBAUniverse.com: Which institutes did you apply for admission?
      Sourav (SNAP topper): For SNAP, I applied for only SIBM Pune and SCMHRD.

MBAUniverse.com: Please share your strategy for the SNAP Day. What was your last-minute preparation? How did you plan your SNAP test taking?
      Sourav (SNAP topper): I was very clear on what my strength was and which section I was attempting and how much time I had to devote on each section. I also had no preconceived cut-offs score and wanted to take up each question and solve and move forward. As you can’t do much about the cut-offs as it purely depends on others performance so it’s useless to worry about it. I had given good 5-6 mocks and was confident. But on the exam day there was a surprise when I saw the paper it was really very difficult. So first thing I knew was GK was the section that would make the difference. I started with my strongest section which was reasoning and then moved on to GK, followed by English and quant. No last minute preparation strategy as such. I relaxed the day before the exam and spent happy time with my family.

MBAUniverse.com: Which B-school you decided upon and why?
      Sourav (SNAP topper): I had an option between SIBM Pune, NMIMS and a couple of new IIM’s. I decided to go for SIBM Pune, because they not only believe in academics but also support extra-curricular activities which I think is really important in shaping our personality. I also selected SIBM Pune as it was the oldest of the three and because of the brand value of Symbiosis. I saw the recent achievements of students and they have been winning national competitions and were improving each year.

MBAUniverse.com: Please share your GD/WAT topics & PI questions at different institutes and the ones who offered you admission?
      Sourav (SNAP topper): At SIBM Pune, we got a role based GD. We had to organise an event and we were divided into different roles. We collectively had to discuss for fifteen minutes and had to come to a conclusion with the final budget for the event.
      In WAT, we were shown a video and we had to predict the learnings and write few hashtags regarding us, what sets us apart.PI was mainly to check how determined are you to join the institute and do MBA. They asked about life, the journey, why MBA after engineering and about the previous job and learnings.

MBAUniverse.com: Any message you would like to share with the candidates preparing for SNAP 2016 going to be held on December 18?
      Sourav (SNAP topper): Yes, first of all be very well versed with the format of the exam and be prepared for surprises. Don’t have any preconception about the number of questions you want to attempt as the cut-offs purely depend on the paper difficulty.
      In 2016 the cut-off was as low as 78 marks due to a difficult reasoning section whereas the cut-offs for 2015 was more than 100. So be prepared and take decisions carefully. Also take a few mocks, apart from national level mocks conducted by coaching institutes, Coffee with SIBM mocks also help a lot. Manage time well and spend time in all the sections. Also keep fighting till the end one question can sail you through.

Comment

Dear Sir,
        where can we find the previous paper for snap test?

Comment

Working...
        X