Group Discussion Topics & Tips
- GD is key to MBA admission 2018 in FMS, XLRI, MDI & other top MBA colleges. It commands 10 to 15 percent weightage in MBA admission in top MBA colleges.
- GD Topics: It is necessary to have good knowledge about the latest GD topics, to be able to add value on content.
- GD Tips: Before entering GD round must know how to start a group discussion, take lead, make positive impact, key GD skills,
- Top 100 GD Topics: Factual, current affairs, Business & Economy, Social Issues, Abstract topics figure in GD round and may include GST, Demonetization, Govt Initiatives, & other topics expected in top MBA colleges
- MBAUniverse.com has prepared summary of key facts and information needed for Top GD Topics. Read below the solved GD topic and prepare your content based on the information.
Roses are red, crows are black
Abstract topics are not always easy to handle.They come with a sense of ambiguity and lack structure. During the preparation course we keep ourselves abreast with the current happenings so become efficient with fact based topics. However, unfamiliarity of the abstract topics leaves us in a state of disarray. To overcome this state one could practice some of the already asked abstract topics and get familiar with the unfamiliar.So to help you in this direction a few interpretations of the below mentioned topic has been provided.
Abstract GD Topic: Roses are red, crows are black
- The red color of roses signifies life and optimism. The color of blood, vital to living beings, is also red. Red is the color most commonly associated with joy and well being. It is the color of celebration and ceremony. Whereas black signifies mourning, death, and sadness. Even the color of ashes after one’s funeral is also black.
- In ancient Roman and Greek culture, red roses were linked with Venus, the Goddess of love.Bright red roses are interpreted as the ultimate expression of romantic and abiding love. Their bright red shade expresses these emotions perfectly.
- Crow is one of the most popular spirit animals around the world. Spirit animals are considered as symbol of magic and mystery in our lives. Traditional meanings associate the crow with bad omen, death, and dark witchcraft. In Indian mythology Different gods have different vahanas (animal vehicles). Crow is the vahna of God Shani, who ward off influences of evil forces.
- Roses pose a dubious picture. They are beautiful in appearance but also possess thorns, which can prick if overlooked. Likewise anything alluring in sight may have inimical effects.
- RK Laxman, an Indian cartoonist, illustrator, and humorist, in an interview elaborated his affection for crows by mentioning that “the crow attracted me because it was so alive on the landscape. In our garden it stood out black against the green trees, blue sky, red earth and the yellow compound wall. Other birds are timid. They try to hide and camouflage themselves. But the crow is very clever. It can look after itself very well.At age three I began to sketch crows. I tried to draw their antics. My mother saw this and encouraged me. She told me that Lord Shanisvara used the crow for his mount. He was a very powerful God, she added, "If you draw His crow, surely He will send you good luck."
Tips to improve participation in GD round
For abstract topics:
- Try to jot down ideas which come to you before starting the discussion.
- Try to look for the literal meaning, any correlation to current scenarios or may be some philosophical aspect of the topic.
- In case you are not able to interpret the topic wait for someone to start the topic and then you can add points to the discussion.
- If you come across any idea during the discussion you can also change the course of the discussion by mentioning your interpretation. But this should be done with caution. Let the speaking person finish first and then you can introduce your fresh viewpoint to the group.
- Make multiple entries using the opportunity to speak. Take clue from your predecessor and turn it to your benefit.
- Speak in a firm and audible voice but never shout as it may result in a negative impression of yours...Read More GD Topics
- Demonetisation: Success & failures
- Linking of Aadhaar: Is making Aaadhar mandatory a good idea?
- Start up India: Boosting Entrepreneurship
- FDI in retail: Good for India?
- Budget Cycle Change: Only a move of convenience
- GST: Will economy grow faster with reduced rates of Goods & Services Tax?
- Merger of Public Sector Banks: How beneficial is the merger of Banks?
- Make in India: The idea will make India a manufacturing hub
- Bank Recapitalization: NPA reduction and not bank recapitalization can cure the health of PSBs in India
- Beti Bachao Beti Padhao: Will it abolish the orthodox mindset?