MAH-CET 2018 will remain an online exam for admission to AICTE approved MBA/MMS/ PGDM courses 2018-20 batch in 300+ MBA colleges across the state of Maharashtra. No structural and content based changes in MAH CET 2018 are announced by DTE Maharashtra.
Following are the key features of MAH MBA CET 2018 exam pattern:
- Test window is of 2 days on March 10 & 11, 2018 divided in multiple sessions
- MAH MBA-CET 2018 is an online computer based test.
- The test will be of 150 minutes (2 and half hours) duration
- The test will consist of only Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).
- Total number of questions will be 200
- There will be 5 answer options for each question.
- The questions will not carry negative marking for any wrong answer.
- Exam will consist of 3 sections while Reasoning section will contain Logical & Abstract Reasoning questions separately
|Section name||Number of questions||Mark per question||Total marks for the section|
|Verbal Ability/Reading Comprehension||50||1||50|
|Total marks for the test||200|
Important instructions regarding exam pattern:
Although the time for the test is 2 hours and 30 minutes, you may have to be at the venue for approximately 4 hours including the time required for logging in, collection of the Hall Ticket, going through the instructions among others.
- The tests will be provided in English.
- You can attempt any question at any point of time within these 150 minutes.
- All the questions will have multiple choices.
- Out of the five answers to a question only one will be the correct answer.
- You have to select the most appropriate answer and ‘mouse click’ that alternative which you feel is appropriate/correct.
- The alternative/ option that you have clicked on will be treated as your answer to that question.
- There will be no penalty for wrong answers marked by you.
MAH CET 2018: Scoring Scheme
The Scores of Online Examination will be obtained by adopting the undernoted procedure:
- Number of questions answered correctly by a candidate in each objective test is considered for arriving at the Corrected Score.
- The Corrected Scores so obtained by a candidate are made equivalent to take care of the minor difference in difficulty level, if any, in each of the objective tests held in different sessions to arrive at the Equated Scores.
- Scores obtained by candidates on any test are equated to the base form by considering the distribution of scores of all the forms.
- Test wise scores and scores on total is reported with decimal points up to two digits.
DTE Maharashtra has advised that the possibility of occurrence of some problem in the administration of the examination cannot be ruled out completely which may impact test delivery and/or result from being generated. In that event, every effort will be made to rectify such problem, which may include movement of candidates, delay in test.
Conduct of a re-exam is at the absolute discretion of DTE Maharashtra. Candidates will not have any claim for a re-test. Candidates not willing to move or not willing to participate in the delayed process of test delivery shall be summarily rejected from the process.
If the examination is held in more than one session, the scores across various sessions will be equated to adjust for slight differences in difficulty level of different test batteries used across sessions. More than one session are required if the nodes capacity is less or some technical disruption takes place at any center or for any candidate.
State CET Cell would be analysing the responses (answers) of individual candidates with those of other candidates to detect patterns of similarity of right and wrong answers. If in the analytical procedure adopted by State CET Cell in this regard, it is inferred/ concluded that the responses have been shared and scores obtained are not genuine/ valid, State CET Cell reserves right to disqualify the candidature of the concerned candidates and the result of such candidates (disqualified) will be null & void.
Instances for providing incorrect information and/or process violation by a candidate detected at any stage of the admission process will lead to disqualification of the candidate from the entire admission process.
MAH CET 2018: Exam day Navigation tools
- Please note that answer to any question will be considered for final evaluation, only when candidates have submitted the answers by clicking on “Save & Next” or “Mark for Review & Next”.
- The clock has been set at the server and the countdown timer at the top right corner of your screen will display the time remaining for you to complete the exam.
- When the clock runs out the exam ends by default - you are not required to end or submit your exam.
- The question palette at the right of screen shows one of the following statuses of each of the questions numbered:
- The Marked for Review status simply acts as a reminder that you have set to look at the question again. If an answer is selected for a question that is Marked for Review, the answer will be considered in the final evaluation.
- To select a question to answer, you can do one of the following:
(a) Click on the question number on the question palette at the right of your screen to go to that numbered question directly. Note that using this option does NOT save your answer to the current question.
(b) Click on ‘Save & Next’ to save answer to current question and to go to the next question in sequence.
(c) Click on ‘Mark for Review and Next’ to save answer to current question, mark it for review, and to go to the next question in sequence.
- To select your answer, click on one of the option buttons.
- To change your answer, click another desired option button.
- To save your answer, you MUST click on Save & Next.
- To deselect a chosen answer, click on the chosen option again or click on the Clear Response button.
- To mark a question for review click on Mark for Review & Next.
How to select answers for Final Evaluation
If an answer is selected for a question that is Marked for Review, the answer will be considered in the final evaluation. To change an answer to a question, first select the question and then click on the new answer option followed by a click on the Save & Next button.
Questions that are saved or marked for review after answering will ONLY be considered for evaluation. Test name(s) will be displayed on the top bar of the screen. Questions in a test can be viewed by clicking on the test name.
The test you will view will be highlighted. After clicking the Save & Next button on the last question for a test, you will automatically be taken to the first question of the (next) test.
You can move the mouse cursor over the test names to view the status of the questions for that test. You can shuffle between test and questions anytime during the examination as per your convenience. The candidates may ask the Test Administrator about their doubts or questions only before the commencement of the test but No query shall be entertained after the commencement of the examination.
Adhere to time limit
After the expiry of 150 minutes, the candidates will not be able to attempt any question or check their answers. The answers of the candidate would be saved automatically by the computer system even if he/ she has not clicked the “Submit” button.
Please note that Candidates will not be allowed to “finally submit” unless they have exhausted the actual test time.
Under no circumstances should a candidate click on any of the ‘keyboard keys’ once the exam starts as this will lock the exam.
Activities needed a day before MAH CET 2018 exam
According to DTE Maharashtra the candidates should note date, time and venue address of the examination given in the Hall Ticket.
It is in your own interest to visit the venue one day before the Online Examination to confirm the location so that you are able to report on time (as printed on the Hall ticket) on the day of the examination as the late comers will not be allowed.
Things you need to bring on exam day
- The Hall Ticket should be brought with you to the examination venue along with your recent passport size photograph duly pasted on it. (Preferably the same photograph as was as uploaded).
- Please hand over this Hall ticket to the invigilator.
- No use of calculators (separate or with watch), books, note books or written notes, cell phones (with or without camera facility), or any other electronic device will be allowed during the examination.
- You should bring one of the following currently valid Photo identity proof in original at the MAH CET 2018 test centre- THIS IS ESSENTIAL. Currently valid photo identity proof may be PAN Card/Passport/Permanent Driving Licence/Voter’s Card/Bank Passbook with photograph/Photo Identity proof issued by a Gazetted Officer on official letterhead /Photo Identity proof issued by a People’s Representative on official letterhead/Valid recent Identity Card issued by a recognised College/University/Aadhar Card with a photograph/Employee ID/Bar Council Identity card with photograph.
- Please Note - Ration Card and Learner’s Driving License will NOT be accepted as valid ID proof for this project.
- Your name as appearing on the Hall ticket (provided by you during the process of registration) should reasonably match the name as appearing on the photo identity proof. Female candidates who have changed first/last/middle name post marriage must take special note of this. If there is any mismatch between the name indicated in the Hall ticket and Photo Identity Proof, you will not be allowed to appear for the exam.
- In case of candidates who have changed their name will be allowed only if they produce Gazette notification/their marriage certificate/affidavit.
- You should bring with you a ball-point pen.
- A sheet of paper will be provided which can be used for rough work or taking down the question number you would like to review at the end of the test before submitting your answers. After the test is over you MUST hand over this sheet of paper to the Test Administrator before leaving the venue.
- Please note that a candidate is allowed to appear only once in the online examination. Multiple appearance in online examination will result in cancellation of candidature.
- In case more than one Hall Ticket has been generated, candidates are advised to appear only once on the date and at the time mentioned on the respective Hall Ticket. All other Hall Tickets are to be surrendered.
- Persons with Disabilities (PWD) should contact the Test Centre Administrator of the test venue at least 30 minutes before the time of examination for assistance in seating, if needed.
Key points to remember on MAHCET 2018 exam day:
You are advised to bring with you the following:
- Hall Ticket with photo affixed thereon
- Photo ID card in Original with photocopy
- One Ball point pen
- Persons with Disabilities (PWD) should bring duly filled Scribe form if applicable.