Best MBA colleges in India are the ones who are offering management education keeping pace with Global MBA environment. The MBA colleges have either been accredited with one or more international accreditations or are in the process to be awarded with it. With their unique pedagogy and highly qualified faculty, the students at the best MBA colleges in India get consistently higher average placements year after year as they become industry ready. The best MBA colleges not only include the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) but more other university affiliated and private MBA colleges who are doing much better than many IIMs. There is no doubt that top 3 IIMs- IIM Ahmedabad, Bangalore and Calcutta are still occupying the top positions in India but the list of best MBA colleges now includes many B-schools in non-IIM category. The best MBA colleges and many IIMs have similar fee structure but the IIMs placements, IIM Admission process and the IIMs average salary in placement lag behind in number of these best MBA colleges.
Other than best IIMs in India, the best MBA colleges are university departments like FMS Delhi; IIFT Delhi; NMIMS Mumbai; Management departments in IITs; JBIMS Mumbai; SPJIMR Mumbai; MDI Gurgaon, IMI New Delhi, IMT Ghaziabad among others.
A few of the best MBA colleges most preferred by the candidates for MBA admission are shared below-
20 IIMs: Preferred MBA destination
Among the best MBA colleges, IIMs occupy the foremost positions. There are 20 IIMs at present in India. IIMs are considered the best MBA options by the candidates who appear in Common Admission Test (CAT). While IIM Calcutta, IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Bangalore are the most preferred MBA destinations for the candidates, other IIMs are also getting the status of best MBA colleges in India as their average salary in placement over the years, faculty-student ratio, ranking positions have improved and they are gradually occupying the position of best MBA colleges.
IIMs admission is based on the CAT exam score, academic profile, work experience and how you perform in the Written Ability Test (WAT) and Personal Interview (PI) in their final selection process.
Out of the 20 IIMs, 13 IIMs are getting higher and higher placement packages over the years. The 7 newest IIMs that started functioning in 2015-16 are yet to take off with good placement packages.
1. INDIAN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT (IIM) CALCUTTA
2. INDIAN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT (IIM) AHMEDABAD
3. INDIAN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT (IIM) BANGALORE
4. INDIAN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT (IIM) LUCKNOW
5. INDIAN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT (IIM) INDORE
6. INDIAN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT (IIM) KOZHIKODE
7. INDIAN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT (IIM) TRICHY
8. INDIAN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT (IIM) KASHIPUR
9. RAJIV GANDHI INDIAN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT (IIM) SHILLONG
10. INDIAN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT (IIM) ROHTAK
11. INDIAN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT (IIM) RANCHI
12. INDIAN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT (IIM) RAIPUR
13. INDIAN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT (IIM) UDAIPUR
14. INDIAN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT (IIM) NAGPUR
15. INDIAN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT (IIM) VISAKHAPATNAM
16. INDIAN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT (IIM) BODH GAYA
17. INDIAN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT (IIM) AMRITSAR
18. INDIAN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT (IIM) SAMBALPUR
19. INDIAN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT (IIM) SIRMAUR
20. INDIAN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT (IIM) JAMMU
Top AICTE Approved PGDM B-schools
Apart from IIMs, there are private B-schools among the best MBA colleges who offer AICTE approved PGDM programmes. Many of them are preferred to IIMs as the learning and placement at these PGDM colleges is very high.
The best part of these PGDM institutes is that they have lower fee structure than IIMs but their average placement is higher than many IIMs. A few of the best MBA colleges who are AICTE approved and offer best PGDM equivalent to MBA are listed below-
1. XLRI JAMSHEDPUR
2. MANAGEMENT DEVELOPMENT INSTITUTE (MDI) GURGAON
3. S. P. JAIN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT & RESEARCH (SPJIMR) MUMBAI
4. INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT INSTITUTE (IMI) NEW DELHI
5. INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY (IMT) GHAZIABAD
6. T A PAI MANAGEMENT INSTITUTE (TAPMI) MANIPAL
7. T A PAI MANAGEMENT INSTITUTE (TAPMI) MANIPAL
8. GOA INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT (GIM) GOA
9. K J SOMAIYA INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT STUDIES AND RESEARCH (KJSIMSR) MUMBAI
10. INSTITUTE FOR FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT AND RESEARCH (IFMR) CHENNAI
11. FORE SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT (FSM) NEW DELHI
12. LAL BAHADUR SHASTRI INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT (LBSIM) NEW DELHI
13. INSTITUTE OF RURAL MANAGEMENT ANAND (IRMA)
14. BHARATHIDASAN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT (BIM) TRICHY
15. LOYOLA INSTITUTE OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (LIBA) CHENNAI
16. IFIM BUSINESS SCHOOL (IFIM B SCHOOL) BANGALORE
17. BALAJI INSTITUTE OF MODERN MANAGEMENT (BIMM) PUNE
18. XAVIER INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT ENTREPRENEURSHIP (XIME) BANGALORE
19. INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY (IMT) NAGPUR
20. INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL OF BUSINESS & MEDIA (ISB&M) PUNE
21. JAIPURIA INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT (JAIPURIA) LUCKNOW
22. INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT STUDIES (IMS) GHAZIABAD
23. SDM INSTITUTE FOR MANAGEMENT DEVELOPMENT (SDMIMD) MYSURU
24. INSTITUTE OF PUBLIC INTERPRISE (IPE) HYDERABAD
25. AIMS SCHOOL OF BUSINESS (AIMS) BANGALORE
Top 10 University B-schools
University B-schools offer best MBA options apart from IIMs and other PGDM institutes. In fact these are the management departments in a University or B-schools affiliated to the University that offer you Globally recognized MBA degree.
There are certain Central or State universities which run their own management departments and are considered as one of the best MBA colleges – for example Faculty of Management Studies (FMS) Delhi University; PUMBA, Pune University.
The best MBA colleges in India are also University affiliated like JBIMS Mumbai – affiliated to Mumbai University.
There can be highly ranked private universities also running the best MBA programmes like NMIMS Mumbai or the best MBA colleges turned into the deemed universities like IIFT, Delhi.
1. FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT STUDIES (FMS) NEW DELHI
2. JAMNALAL BAJAJ INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT STUDIES (JBIMS) MUMBAI
3. DEPARTMENT OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES UNIVERSITY OF PUNE (PUMBA)
4. SYDENHAM INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT STUDIES AND RESEARCH AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP EDUCATION (SIMSREE) MUMBAI
5. INDIAN INSTITUTE OF FOREIGN TRADE (IIFT) DELHI
6. K J SOMAIYA INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT STUDIES AND RESEARCH, MUMBAI
7. NMIMS SCHOOL OF BUSINESS MANAGEMENT (NMIMS) MUMBAI
8. SYMBIOSIS INSTITUTE OF BUSINESS MANAGEMENT (SIBM) PUNE
9. XAVIER INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT (XIM) BHUBANESWAR
10. UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF BUSINESS, CHANDIGARH UNIVERSITY
Management education departments in IITs have emerged as the best MBA colleges for the candidates with engineering and technical background. The Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) are considered as the best institutes offering engineering education. Their MBA programmes are meant for engineers. The admission to the MBA programme in IIT is through CAT exam and some of them also conduct their other mandatory exams for admission to MBA.
1. VINOD GUPTA SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT (VGSoM) IIT KHARAGPUR
2. DEPARTMENT OF MANAGEMENT STUDIES (IIT DELHI) NEW DELHI
3. SHAILESH J MEHTA SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT (IIT BOMBAY) MUMBAI
4. DEPARTMENT OF MANAGEMENT STUDIES, IIT(ISM) DHANBAD
5. DEPARTMENT OF MANAGEMENT STUDIES, IIT ROORKEE
6. DEPARTMENT OF INDUSTRIAL & MANAGEMENT ENGINEERING, IIT KANPUR
7. DEPARTMENT OF MANAGEMENT STUDIES IIT MADRAS