FinTech is the buzz word of the day, where technology is used to enhance traditional financial systems. Per KPMG the global FinTech and software industry is projected to grow to US$45 billion industry from US$15. This would only be possible if a FinTech ecosystem is developed and nurtured by the industry. This is where GITAM comes in, to contribute to the ecosystem by providing industry ready talented academic students, by offering such certification programs.
Since early 2016, GITAM FinTech Academy has successfully rolled out the FinTech Certification Program and Blockchain Certification program in partnership with Andhra Pradesh Electronic and Information Technology Agency (APEITA), UBS and Broadridge Financial Solutions (India) Pvt Ltd. From the academic year 2017-18, a Post-Graduate Diploma (FinTech) program and a Master of Business Administration (FinTech) program has been laucnhed.
GITAM FinTech Academy has partnered with the following institutions to build strong academia-corporate partnership.
- MoU signed with APEITA and Broadridge Financial Solutions India Pvt Ltd, to setup a Center of Excellence (COE) in Blockchain technology. The aim of this COE is to research and train students in Blockchain technology, which uses Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT), the de-facto future standard, where security and hacking is a concern.
- An MoU with APEITA and Thomson Reuters to setup their Innovation AppStudio CoE. Through this CoE, Thomson Reuters have provided access to their global award winning Eikon market data and development tools, for research in financial data analytics.
- An MoU with Ngee Ann Polytechnic, Singapore for faculty and student exchange program.
The Programme will enable the students:
- To understand financial services fundamentals relevant to the corporate environment
- To understand the basic technological tools that are prevalent in the industry
- To understand the application of these technologies in the financial industry