CUET 2024 Exam Pattern for Admission to BBA & Other UG Courses
NTA CUET 2024 Exam Pattern consists of following 4 Sections:
- Section IA: 13 Languages (Choose at least One)
- Section IB: 20 Languages (Choose if opting for language course)
- Section II: 27 Domain specific Subjects. A candidate may choose any subject as desired by the applicable University/ Universities. For BBA CUET entrance exam, Mathematics is compulsory + you need to opt for 2 more subjects required for BBA CUET entrance from the list in section-II
- Section III: General Test (Mandatory for BBA admission)
- While choosing options from each Section is not mandatory, the choices should match the requirements of the DU BBA/BMS course and other desired University UG course.
- Flexible time limit for completing the exam as per the choice of languages and domain specific subjects
- Computer delivered test
- Different Time Limit for Different Sections
- Scoring Pattern: +5 Marks for correct answer,
- -1 mark for wrong answer
- All Negative Marking Questions: The questions are of MCQ type and will carry penalty of -1 mark as negative marking for each wrong answer
CUET UG 2024 Overall Sectional Composition and Time Duration
CUET (UG) 2024 exam sectional composition and time duration broadly is as follows
Total Questions/ Questions to be Attempted
Section IA: Languages
There are 13 different languages. Any of these languages may be chosen.
Choice: 40 questions to be attempted out of 50 in each language
Language to be tested through Reading Comprehension (based on different types of passages–Factual, Literary, Narrative, (Literary Aptitude, and Vocabulary]
40-45 Minutes for each language
Section IB: Languages
There are 20 Languages. Any other language apart from those offered in Section I A may be chosen.
Section II: Domain Specific Subject Test
There are 27 Domains specific subjects being offered under this Section. A candidate may choose a maximum of Six (06) Domains as desired by the applicable University/ Universities
Total: 45/50 Questions
Choice: 35/40 Questions to be attempted out of 45/50
MCQ Based Questions, as per NCERT Class XII syllabus only
40-45 Minutes for each Domain Specific Subjects
Section III: General Test
This test is for any such undergraduate programme or programmes which are offered by Universities where a General Test is being used for admission. For DU BBA/BMS admission Section-III is compulsory
Choice: 50 Questions to be attempted out of 60
The test consists of MCQ Based Questions on General Knowledge, Current Affairs, General Mental Ability, Numerical Ability, Quantitative Reasoning (Simple application of basic mathematical concepts arithmetic/algebra geometry/mensuration/s tat taught till Grade 8), Logical and Analytical Reasoning
CUET 2024 Exam Pattern With Specific Reference to DU BBA/BBS Admission
Based on the revised CUET pattern as detailed above, the overall and sectional composition of CUET 2024 Exam Pattern for Delhi University BMS admission 2024 is shared below:
DU BBA CUET Section
Choice of Exam Subjects
No. of Questions
Section I: Divided into 2 Subsections
IA:13 Languages (1 Language Compulsory)
IB: 20 Languages (Optional)
Minimum One Language Compulsory to choose from the list of 13 Languages
Not Mandatory for DU BBA entrance Test
Attempt 40 Qs out of Total 50
Attempt 40 Qs out of Total 50
45 Minutes for Each Language
45 Minutes for Each Language
Section-II: 27 Domain Subjects divided in two lists-B1 and B2
Choose Minimum 3 Subjects
Mathematics Compulsory + 2 Subjects like Business Studies, Economics/ Business Economics, Entrepreneurship. One of the subjects should be from List B1
Attempt 35/40 Qs out of Total 45/50
40/45 Minutes for each Subject
Section-III: General Test
MCQ Based Questions on GK, Current Affairs, General Mental Ability, Numerical Ability, Quantitative Reasoning (Simple application of basic mathematical concepts arithmetic/algebra geometry/mensuration/
stat (taught till Grade 8), Logical and Analytical Reasoning
50 Questions out of 60
50-60 Minutes for 60 Questions
CUET UG Test Slots & Timing
CUET 2024 Exam will be conducted on multiple days in 3 slots per day depending on the number of Candidates and Subject choices. The expected CUET exam duration and timing are as given below.
CUET 2024 Slots
Expected Slot Timing
9 AM to 11 AM
1 ½ Hour
12.30 PM to 2 PM
1 ½ Hour
4 PM to 5.30 PM
- The test duration is as per the number of tests being opted by the candidates. The maximum test duration is applicable if the candidate takes all the offered Sections in the given slot.
- A candidate has an option to choose the components of the test only. However, allotment of candidates to the Shift will be based on the options exercised and technical and administrative considerations.
- Candidates should report at the Examination Center well in time i.e. 2 hours before commencement of the examination.
- All three shifts will start at a specified time. Candidates have to report for the slot/s as per the time stated in their respective Admit Card.
- A Compensatory time for PwBD Candidates of 20 minutes for each hour exam will be allowed additionally
- Combining Slot 1, Slot 2 and Slot 3 together, a candidate may take maximum 6 Tests.
CUET UG 2024 Section IA for BBA: Mandatory to Choose out of 13 Languages
CUET 2024 is conducted in 13 languages as given below. You need to choose at least one language to appear in the exam and can also choose other languages, if you wish so. The exam can be taken in any of the following 13 languages - Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Gujarati, Odiya, Bengali, Assamese, Punjabi, English, Hindi and Urdu
CUET UG 2024 Section IB: Optional for BBA Admission
There are 20 languages in Section IB. If you are opting for a course in any of these languages, you need to choose that one apart from the one which was selected from section 1A. The languages are - French, Spanish, German, Nepali, Persian, Italian, Arabic, Sindhi, Sanskrit, Kashmiri, Konkani, Bodo, Dogri, Maithili, Manipuri, Santhali, Tibetan, Japanese, Russian, Chinese.
CUET UG 2024 Section-II: 3 Domain Subjects Compulsory for BBA Entrance Exam
Domain Subjects divided in two lists-B1 and B2. For DU BBA/BMS Admission 2024, you must choose minimum 3 Subjects including Mathematics. Other 2 Subjects from Business Studies, Economics/ Business Economics, Entrepreneurship can be chosen. One of the subjects should be from the List B1
CUET UG 2024 Section-III: Compulsory Section for BBA Admission
Section-III is compulsory for CUET BBA admission test 2024 for Delhi University BMS/BBA(FIA) courses. This section has MCQ Based Questions on GK, Current Affairs, General Mental Ability, Numerical Ability, Quantitative Reasoning
How to Appear successfully in CUET 2024 Exam? Key Points
- You should report at the Examination Centre two hours before the commencement of the examination so as to complete the frisking and registration formalities well in time
- A computer terminal (node) indicating Roll Number will be allocated to you
- It will display Welcome login screen, your photograph and DU subject opted by you
- You should find and sit on your allocated computers only
- For login, you will have to enter login-ID and password
- After logging in, you will be able to see the detailed instructions for the examination
- Go through the instructions carefully regarding the type of questions and Marking Scheme
- When the test starts, you will be able to proceed and see the questions on the computer screen
- The keyboard attached to the computer, if any, will be disabled during the entire duration of the examination
- Depending on the type of question, the answers to questions can either be entered by clicking on the virtual on-screen keyboard (numeric or otherwise) using the computer mouse or by clicking the chosen option(s) using the computer mouse
- You will have the option to change/modify answers already entered anytime during the entire duration of the examination
- The countdown timer in the top right side of computer screen will display the time remaining (in minutes) available for the candidate to complete the examination
- When the timer reaches zero, the examination will end by itself. Candidate will not be required to end or submit the examination
- The Question Palette displayed on the right side of screen will show the status of each question using the text/color codes/symbols as given in the instructions before start of the test
- You have the option of answering a question and simultaneously placing it under “Marked for Review”, these answers will be considered for evaluation.
- The full paper can be viewed by clicking the “Question Paper” icon on the top right corner of the screen.
- Blank Sheets for doing rough work/calculations shall be provided to each candidate
- You can shuffle between sections and questions within sections any time during the examination as per the convenience only during the time stipulated
Most Important Documents Required on CUET Exam Day
You must bring the following documents on the day of examination at the test centre. If you do not bring these documents, you will not be allowed to appear in the examination
- Admit Card: Print copy of Admit Card downloaded from NTA website
- Photograph: One passport size photograph (same as uploaded on the Online Application Form) for pasting on the specific space in the attendance sheet at the Centre during the Examination
- Photo ID: Any one of the authorized Govt photo IDs (original, valid and non-expired), viz. PAN card/ Driving License/ Voter ID/ Passport/ Aadhaar Card (With photograph)/ Aadhaar Enrolment No/ Ration Card
- PwD Certificate (If applicable): PwD certificate issued by the Competent Authority, if claiming the relaxation under PwD category
Allotment of Courses and Colleges
For BBA/BMS and all other UG courses the allotment of seats shall be done centrally and shall be displayed on the Delhi University Admission Portal. Only the applicants who satisfy the minimum eligibility criteria for the course will be considered for admission.
In the case of BA(H)BE/BMS/BBA(FIA) and the B.El.Ed. courses, the seats available in each college (and course) in each admission category shall be allotted to the applicants in order of their ranks and as per their preferences subject to availability, till all seats in the particular college (and course) are exhausted.
An applicant allotted a seat higher in their preference order will not be allowed a change to any seat lower in their preference order within the same admission category.