Candidates applying for DU JAT 2020 must meet eligibility criteria of the exam. DU JAT 2020 exam dates are from September 6 to 11, 2020 for admission to BBA/BBS 2020-21 session. The exam was postponed due to corona virus outbreak and country wide lockdown. Earlier the DU JAT 2020 exam for BBA admission in the colleges affiliated to Delhi University was to be conducted between June 2 and June 9, 2020 as online computer based test by National Testing Agency (NTA) .
The eligibility to appear in DU-JAT 2020 remains as under:
DU JAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria:
- The appearing candidate should have cleared Senior Secondary School Examination of CBSE or any other class 12 equivalent examination from any board/recognized institute, university
- Candidates belonging to general category should have secured a minimum of 60% in class 12. This aggregate should be of marks scored in four papers- English, Mathematics and the other two subjects that are approved by University of Delhi
- Candidates belonging to SC, ST, CW and PwD categories should have attained a minimum of 55% in class 12th. This aggregate should be of marks scored in four papers- English, Mathematics and the other two subjects that are approved by University of Delhi
- Candidate should have passed individually in all the above four papers
- Candidate must possess confirmed result and marksheet of the qualifying examination. When called for Group Discussion and Personal Interview, the candidate needs to produce the same – candidate failing to do so will not be entertained
- Candidates belonging to OBC-non creamy layer/SC/ST/PwD/CW categories should carry a category certificate
Eligibility Weightage for BBA/BBS Admission 2020
Selection will be based on the rank computed from the combined weighted average of percentage scored in the entrance test and the percentage scored in the qualifying examination. The weights are:
BBA/BBS Admission Eligibility Component 2020 in DU Colleges
Weightage Percentage in Admission Process
DU JAT 2020 Entrance Exam
Class 12 or other Qualifying Exam
DU JAT 20209: BBA/BBS Admission Process
Step 1: Filling the form and Preferences
- The applicant is required to register on the university admission portal to create their personal login ID (username and password).
- In the application form the applicant is required to provide all the necessary information (fields marked with *).
- In the page ―Entrance Based Admissions, the applicant is required to choose the courses of interest.
- Entrance-test fees will be charged for each different entrance test.
- Exercise extreme care in filling up your form. In the case of courses being run at multiple colleges, or entrance tests covering more than one course, the applicants are required to state their order of preference of course and/or college.
- The portal will be open for the alteration of the course-college preferences for one day after the declaration of entrance test results.
- Applicants should examine the location of the college and college fee for the course before finalizing their order of preference.
- Applicants to BMS/BA(H)BE/BBA(FIA) must fill all the college-course choices.
- There are 21 choices for female applicants and 17 for male applicants. The applicant should mark ―1, for their most preferred college-course, ―2, for the next most preferred and so on.
- The college-course to which an applicant does not want admission should be marked ―No Preference. Where ―No Preference is selected, that college-course shall not be offered to the applicant.
- If a college-course is marked with a preference number, the same may be allotted to the applicant and the applicant would be required to take admission in that college-course in order to be eligible for any future changes in college and course.
- Admission will not be granted to any applicant whose name has appeared in the allotment list but who fails to meet the minimum eligibility criteria for the course.
- Entrance test fee will not be refunded in any circumstances.
Step 2: Written and Practical tests and Trials
Applicants to BA(H)BE/BMS/BBA(FIA) and other courses namely, BTech(IT&MI), BA(HSS), B.El.Ed., BSc(PE,HE&S), BA(H)MMC and 5YIPJ are required to appear for the enatrance exam as applicable to each course in order to be considered for admission to the course. For BA(H)BE/BMS/BBA(FIA) the candidate should appear in DU JAT 2020 conducted by National Testing Agency.
- The test shall be of multiple choice type.
- Four marks shall be awarded for each correct answer and 1 mark shall be deducted for each wrong answer.
- The applicant will need to register for DU JAT 2020, and appear for it, as per notification on the university website. Read More
Step 3: Ranking for Admissions
A ranking of applicants will be prepared for each course that shall guide the admission process and shall be displayed on the Admission Portal of Delhi University. This ranking shall be based on:
- The marks scored in DU JAT 2020, the weighted mean of the marks scored in the entrance test and in Class XII (as per eligibility) giving each the weights of 65% and 35% respectively for the BA(H)BE, BMS, BBA(FIA), courses.
- The final ranking shall not have any repeated ranks.
- In the case of a tie for rank, the following tie-breaking rule shall be applied in the order provided below: 1. The applicant with higher percentage of marks (aggregate of best four subjects including one language) in the qualifying examination will be considered first for allotment/admission. 2. The applicant with the higher entrance test score will be considered first for allotment/admission. 3. The applicant with higher percentage of marks (aggregate of best five subjects including one language) in the qualifying examination will be considered first for allotment/admission. 4. The applicant with the earlier date of birth (as mentioned in class X certificate) will be considered for allotment/admission.
Step 4: Allotment of Courses and Colleges
For all the DU JAT entrance based courses the allotment of seats shall be done centrally and shall be displayed on the Delhi University Admission Portal. Only the applicants who satisfy the minimum eligibility criteria for the course will be considered for admission.
In the case of BA(H)BE/BMS/BBA(FIA) and the B.El.Ed. courses, the seats available in each college (and course) in each admission category shall be allotted to the applicants in order of their ranks and as per their preferences subject to availability, till all seats in the particular college (and course) are exhausted.
Read Important Links for BBA Exams and BBA Admissions
|BBA In India||BBA Entrance Exams||Top BBA Colleges in India|
|BBA Mock Test||BBA Syllabus||BBA Exam Syllabus|
|DU JAT 2020||IPMAT 2020||NPAT 2020|
|BBA Admission 2020||SET 2020 Exam||Christ University|
|ATMA-UG||IIM Rohtak MMS||GGSIPU CET BBA 2020|