The National Testing Agency (NTA) has been entrusted with the conduct of University of Delhi Entrance Examination 2020 for Admissions to Entrance based Undergraduate and Postgraduate Courses
DU JAT 2020 is the computer based written entrance test of two hours duration for admission to 3 years graduate BBA/BBS/FIA courses offered by Delhi University colleges. The exam date will be between June 2 and June 9, 2020.
DU JAT 2020 syllabus is based on changed DU JAT exam pattern which consists of multiple choice questions (MCQs) with 4 answer choices for each question.
DU JAT Syllabus 2020: Aptitude Based Exam
DU JAT is designed to evaluate the aptitude of the applicants through areas as relevant to each subject in the entrance exam.
- There will be 100 questions
- Each correct answer will get a score of plus (+) 4 marks
- Each wrong answer will get a score of minus (-)1 mark
- A question not answered will get a score of zero marks.
DU JAT Syllabus 2020: Important Sections
DU JAT 2020 Syllabus is prepared to examine the candidate’s aptitude in following areas:
- Quantitative Ability
- Reasoning and Analytical Ability
- General English
- Business and General Awareness
DU JAT Syllabus: Difficulty Level
- The DU JAT syllabus is based on the NCERT Class XII syllabus as prescribed by CBSE.
- Each section in DU JAT paper is as per the CBSE Board class 12 syllabus.
- The Business and General Awareness (GK) section syllabus in DU JAT test paper expects the candidate to have good knowledge about the National and International events, Geography, Economics, History, current affairs, appointments, constitutional bodies, Armed Forces. The level of the test section will be as expected from a normal educated student who has passed class 12.
DU JAT Syllabus Section wise
DU JAT aims to check student’s capability for higher studies in technical areas like Economics, Finance and Management. The section wise DU JAT 2020 Syllabus is given below. Students should prepare for DU JAT on following topics:
DU JAT Syllabus on Quantitative Ability:
- Averages & Percentages,
- Roots, Indices, Surds,
- Simple & Compound Interest,
- Profit & Loss,
- Algebraic Formulae,
- Linear & Quadratic Equations,
- Ratio & Proportion,
- Mixtures & Alligations,
- Time, Speed & Distance,
- Work Related Problems,
- Pipes & Cisterns,
- Geometry: Lines, Angles & Triangles, Polygons,
- Circles & Mensuration,
- Permutations & Combinations,
- Integration and Differentiation.
DU JAT Syllabus on General English:
- Etymology & Roots,
- Idioms & Phrases,
- Foreign Words Noun & Pronoun Errors,
- Subject-Verb Agreement,
- Prepositions and Conjunctions,
- Tenses, Modifiers & Parallelism,
- Reading Comprehension,
- Inference based passages Syllogisms,
- Logical Consistency,
- Deductive Reasoning
DU JAT Syllabus on Reasoning and Analytical Ability:
- Coding & Decoding,
- Symbol Based Logic,
- Family Tree & Directions,
- Arrangements: Linear, Circular, Matrix Arrangements,
- Groups & Conditionality,
- Logical Series,
- Selection Criteria,
- Sequential O/P Tracing,
- Analogies, Odd one out,
- Logical Puzzles,
DU JAT Syllabus on Business & General Awareness:
- Business and Economy,
- Awards and Honors,
- Company/Business entities,
- Days and Dates,
- Government and Politics,
- International Bodies/News,
- Literature and Media,
- Science & Technology,
- Sports and Movies,
- Trade/Business terminologies,
- Books & authors,
- Arts & Music,
- Indian History and World History.