Candidates applying for Delhi University Entrance Exam for UG Courses 2019 must meet eligibility criteria for DU UG entrance exam. Delhi University Entrance Test (DUET) 2019 date for DU JAT 2019 is July 6, 2019. DU JAT 2019 is the gateway to BBA/BMS and other undergraduate management programs in top Delhi University colleges. DU JAT 2019 is a part of Delhi University Entrance Tests which are conducted for admission to various UG/PG courses. DUET 2019 for admission to UG & PG entrance test based courses will be conducted from July 3 to July 8, 2019.
DU Releases Revised Eligibility Criteria for UG Admission
Delhi University has released the revised eligibility criteria for admission to undergraduate courses on June 17 at 5 PM. The DU UG revised eligibility 2019 with changed criteria notify many changes in eligibility for admission to various courses including number of vocational management courses like Health care management, IT management, Retail management, Banking Operations among other UG courses. However, there is no change in the DU Eligibility & Admission Criteria 2019 for BBA/BMS and other DU entrance test based courses. Delhi University has advised the students to download the amended eligibility criteria and check the same. Delhi University Admission Committee has released the revised eligibility criteria ,pplicable for admissions to various Undergraduate Courses on June 17, 2019 through the updated Bulletin of Information downloadable from the University website.
The Delhi University UG entrance exam eligibility remains as under:
Eligibility Criteria for DU UG Entrance Exam
Key points in Delhi University UG Admission 2019 Eligibility Criteria for BBA/BMS courses as notified by University of Delhi are as under:
- The DU UG Entrance Exam Eligibility 2019 requires from the candidate appearing for DU UG Entrance Exam 2019 that he/she should have cleared Senior Secondary School Examination of CBSE or any other class 12 equivalent examination from any board/recognized institute, university
- Another point in Delhi University UG Entrance Exam BBA Eligibility is that the candidates belonging to general category should have secured a minimum of 60% in class 12. This aggregate should be of marks scored in four papers- English, Mathematics and the other two subjects that are approved by University of Delhi
- A relaxation in eligibility criteria for DU UG Entrance Exam is that the candidates belonging to SC, ST, CW and PwD categories should have attained a minimum of 55% in class 12th. This aggregate should be of marks scored in four papers- English, Mathematics and the other two subjects that are approved by University of Delhi
- A key component in Delhi University UG Entrance Exam BBA Eligibility is that the candidate should have passed individually in all the above four papers
- Candidate must possess confirmed result and mark sheet of the qualifying examination. When called for Group Discussion and Personal Interview, the candidate needs to produce the same – candidate failing to produce this important document for Delhi University UG Entrance Exam BBA Eligibility will not be entertained
- Candidates belonging to OBC-non creamy layer/SC/ST/PwD/CW categories should carry a category certificate to establish his/her DU UG Entrance Exam 2019 Eligibility
DU Entrance Exam 2019 Eligibility: Weightage for Admission to BBA/BMS
DU Admissions 2019 eligibility for BBA is based on the rank computed from the combined weighted average of percentage scored in the entrance test and the percentage scored in the qualifying examination. The DU UG Eligibility weights for BBA/BMS courses are:
BBA/BBS Admission Eligibility Component 2019 in DU Colleges
Weightage Percentage in Admission Process
DU JAT 2019 Entrance Exam
Class 12 or other Qualifying Exam
DU Admissions 2019 for BBA: Application & Selection Process
Not only for BBA or BMS but the eligibility criteria for all the Delhi University Entrance Exam for UG Courses, a candidate has to go through the following UG admission Process of University of Delhi:
Step 1: Filling the form and Preferences
- The applicants who satisfy the Delhi University Entrance Exam for UG courses eligibility criteria is required to register on the Delhi University UG Entrance Exam portal to create their personal login ID (username and password).
- In the application form the applicant is required to provide all the necessary information (fields marked with *).
- In the page ―Entrance Based Admissions, the applicant is required to choose the courses of interest.
- DU UG Entrance-test fees will be charged for each different entrance test.
- Exercise extreme care in filling up your form. In the case of courses being run at multiple colleges, or entrance tests covering more than one course, the applicants are required to state their order of preference of course and/or college.
- The portal will be open for the alteration of the course-college preferences for one day after the declaration of entrance test results.
- Applicants should examine the location of the college and college fee for the course before finalizing their order of preference.
- Applicants with DU UG Entrance Exam Eligibility for BMS/BA(H)BE/BBA(FIA) must fill all the college-course choices.
- There are 21 choices for female applicants and 17 for male applicants. The eligible applicant should mark ―1, for their most preferred college-course, ―2, for the next most preferred and so on.
- The college-course to which an applicant does not want admission should be marked ―No Preference. Where ―No Preference is selected, that college-course shall not be offered to the applicant.
- If a college-course is marked with a preference number, the same may be allotted to the applicant and the applicant would be required to take admission in that college-course in order to be eligible for any future changes in college and course.
- Admission will not be granted to any applicant whose name has appeared in the allotment list but who fails to meet the minimum Delhi University UG Entrance Exam BBA Eligibility criteria or the eligibility criteria for other UG courses.
- Entrance test fee will not be refunded in any circumstances.
Step 2: Written and Practical tests and Trials
Applicants to BA(H)BE/BMS/BBA(FIA) and other courses namely, BTech(IT&MI), BA(HSS), B.El.Ed., BSc(PE,HE&S), BA(H)MMC and 5YIPJ are required to appear for DU UG Entrance exam 2019 as applicable to each course in order to be considered for admission to the course.
- The test shall be of multiple choice type.
- Four marks shall be awarded for each correct answer and 1 mark shall be deducted for each wrong answer.
- The applicant will need to register for DU UG Entrance exam 2019 latest by June 14 and appear for it, as per notification on the university website. Read More
Step 3: Ranking for Admissions
A ranking of applicants will be prepared for each course that shall guide the admission process and shall be displayed on the Admission Portal of Delhi University. This ranking shall be based on:
- The marks scored in DU UG Entrance exam 2019, the weighted mean of the marks scored in the entrance test and in Class XII (as per eligibility) giving each the weights of 65% and 35% respectively for the BA(H)BE, BMS, BBA(FIA), courses.
- The final ranking shall not have any repeated ranks.
- In the case of a tie for rank, the following tie-breaking rule shall be applied in the order provided below: 1. The applicant with higher percentage of marks (aggregate of best four subjects including one language) in the qualifying examination will be considered first for allotment/admission. 2. The applicant with the higher entrance test score will be considered first for allotment/admission. 3. The applicant with higher percentage of marks (aggregate of best five subjects including one language) in the qualifying examination will be considered first for allotment/admission. 4. The applicant with the earlier date of birth (as mentioned in class X certificate) will be considered for allotment/admission.
Step 4: Allotment of Courses and Colleges
For all the entrance based courses the allotment of seats shall be done centrally and shall be displayed on the Delhi University Admission Portal. Only the applicants who satisfy the minimum eligibility criteria for the course will be considered for admission.
In the case of BA(H)BE/BMS/BBA(FIA) and the B.El.Ed. courses, the seats available in each college (and course) in each admission category shall be allotted to the applicants in order of their ranks and as per their preferences subject to availability, till all seats in the particular college (and course) are exhausted.
An applicant allotted a seat higher in their preference order will not be allowed a change to any seat lower in their preference order within the same admission category.