MBA Admission Process includes Group Discussion (GD), Extempore, Interview and other Group Exercise. During this process, particularly during MBA GD Round, a topic is given to students to discuss. Read this article to understand one such topic i.e. Future of AI (Artificial Intelligence).
Artificial intelligence (AI) is intelligence, which can be perceiving, synthesizing, and inferring information, demonstrated by machines, as opposed to intelligence displayed by non-human animals or by humans. Example tasks in which this is done include speech recognition, computer vision, translation between (natural) languages, as well as other mappings of inputs. Artificial intelligence was founded as an academic discipline in 1956, and in the years since it has experienced several waves of optimism, followed by disappointment and the loss of funding (known as an "AI winter"), followed by new approaches, success, and renewed funding. In recent months ChatGTP and Google’s Bard have created a lot of excitement in this domain to determine What is the Future of Artificial Intelligence.
AI applications include:
Before we know What is AI and how it is shaping the Future, let us understand AI applications
- Advanced web search engines (e.g., Google Search),
- Recommendation systems (used by YouTube, Amazon, and Netflix),
- Understanding human speech (such as Siri and Alexa),
- Self-driving cars (e.g., Waymo),
- Generative or creative tools (ChatGPT and AI art),
- Automated decision-making, and competing at the highest level in strategic game systems (such as chess and Go).
What is Artificial Intelligence?
So, what is Artificial Intelligence or AI? What is AI and how it is shaping the Future? Well Artificial Intelligence refers to the development of computer programs and machines that can perform tasks that would normally require human intelligence, such as recognizing speech, identifying objects, understanding natural language, and making decisions based on data. AI is typically divided into two main categories: narrow or weak AI, which is designed to perform a specific task, and general or strong AI, which is capable of performing any intellectual task that a human can.
AI has numerous applications including in the fields of healthcare, finance, transportation, and education. The latest trends in AI development reflect that the role of AI in the future of health care, AI applications in finance and banking, the impact of AI on marketing and advertising will be immense. The risks and challenges of AI in the future will equally be high. Therefore, the impact of AI on the future of the work can not be undermined. Even in current scenario one is well aware how AI is shaping the future of education.
Artificial Intelligence is expected to play an increasingly important role in shaping the future of society, with potential benefits including increased efficiency, improved safety, and enhanced decision-making capabilities. However, there are also concerns about the potential risks associated with the development and deployment of AI, such as job displacement, bias, and misuse.
Future of Artificial Intelligence
The future of AI (Artificial Intelligence) is a subject of much gossip and debate. AI has already made significant strides in a variety of fields, and it is expected to continue to play an increasingly important role in shaping the future of society. Here are some of the key areas where AI is likely to have a significant impact in the coming years:
The role of AI in the Future of Healthcare: AI is expected to revolutionize healthcare by enabling more accurate diagnosis, personalized treatment, and more efficient delivery of care. AI-powered systems are already being used to analyze medical images, identify genetic markers, and develop targeted therapies for cancer and other diseases.
How AI is shaping the future of Education: AI is expected to transform the way that we learn by enabling more personalized and adaptive learning experiences. AI-powered systems can analyze data on student performance to identify areas where individual students need additional support, and provide tailored instruction to help them succeed.
AI applications in Finance and Banking: AI is already being used in the financial industry to analyze market trends, detect fraud, and develop investment strategies. In the future, AI could also play a role in automating many routine financial tasks, such as loan processing and account management.
Transportation: Self-driving cars and trucks are expected to become increasingly common in the coming years, as AI-powered systems become more advanced and reliable. This could lead to significant improvements in safety, as well as reduced traffic congestion and emissions.
Role of AI in Entertainment: AI is expected to play an increasingly important role in the entertainment industry by enabling more immersive and interactive experiences. AI-powered systems can analyze data on user behavior to create personalized recommendations for movies, TV shows, and other forms of entertainment.
Artificial Intelligence Pros & Cons
What are Artificial Intelligence Pros & Cons? Artificial Intelligence (AI) has many potential benefits, but it also poses some potential drawbacks. Here are some of the main pros and cons of AI:
- Efficiency: AI can process large amounts of data quickly and accurately, allowing it to complete tasks much faster than humans.
- Accuracy: AI can be programmed to make decisions based on objective data and logic, reducing the risk of human error.
- Personalization: AI can be used to personalize experiences and services based on individual preferences and behaviors.
- Safety: AI can be used to monitor and control potentially dangerous situations, such as in manufacturing or transportation.
- Innovation: AI can enable the development of new technologies and solutions that were previously impossible.
- Job displacement: AI can potentially automate many tasks that are currently performed by humans, leading to job loss and economic disruption.
- Bias: AI systems can be biased if they are trained on data that is not representative of the population as a whole.
- Privacy concerns: AI systems may collect and store large amounts of personal data, raising concerns about privacy and security.
- Dependence: Overreliance on AI systems could lead to a lack of human expertise and decision-making skills.
- Unpredictability: AI systems can be unpredictable, and their decision-making processes may not always be transparent or understandable.
It's important to carefully consider both the potential benefits and drawbacks of AI when developing and implementing AI systems. This will help ensure that AI is used in a responsible and beneficial way.
Will AI Replace Humans or Assist Us?
While AI has the potential to automate many tasks that are currently performed by humans, it is unlikely that it will completely replace human beings in the workforce. Here are a few reasons why:
- AI is currently best suited for narrow or specific tasks, and is less effective in performing tasks that require general intelligence and creativity, such as art, music, and scientific discovery.
- AI still requires human oversight and maintenance. AI systems need to be trained and supervised by humans, and they also require regular updates and maintenance.
- There are certain jobs and tasks that require human interaction and empathy, such as healthcare, counseling, and education. These jobs are less likely to be automated by AI.
- Many people value human interaction and prefer to interact with other humans rather than machines. This is particularly true in fields such as customer service and hospitality.
- There are also social and ethical concerns associated with the replacement of humans with machines. For example, widespread job displacement could lead to economic disruption and social unrest.
In summary, while AI is likely to automate many tasks and change the nature of work, it is unlikely to completely replace human beings in the workforce. It is important for society to consider the potential impacts of AI on the workforce and to develop policies and strategies that can help ensure a smooth transition to a more AI-driven economy.
So, MBA students and aspirants, you must read and understand well the future of Artificial Intelligence, its role and applications in different areas. Even if you fall short of your ultimate objective of scoring CAT 100 %ile, you will still achieve high percentile. So, dream big and stay motivated…! Tech Layoffs: Top Tech Layoffs At Big Tech Companies In 2022 India as the world’s 5th largest economy: Set to Become 4th by 2022
Chandrayaan 3 – Benefits for India & Management Lessons
Future of Artificial Intelligence
Uniform Civil Code: History, Benefits and Concerns, UCC Bills
Success is a journey, not a destination
Work From Home: Desirable and Dream Job option for Employees?
Cricket Vs Other Games in India: Is Cricket killing other Sports?
What’s there in a name
Digital Personal Data Protection Bill
Indian Digital Rupee: A landmark financial initiative?
Moonlighting in India - What, Why and Should of this HR nightmare
Is India ready for Electric Vehicles
Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC): Impact on Indian Financial System & Cryptocurrency
Tech Layoffs: Top Tech Layoffs At Big Tech Companies In 2022
India as the world’s 5th largest economy: Set to Become 4th by 2022