NMAT 2017 is the single MBA entrance test leading to MBA 2018-20 admission in 18 MBA colleges of India. Now the name of the exam has been changed to NMAT by GMAC. CAT, XAT, CMAT, MAT scores are not accepted by NMIMS, Mumbai one of the top B-schools in India. NMIMS accepts only NMAT exam score and this attracts more and more MBA aspirants to appear in NMAT exam which is conduted by GMAC in 75 days test window as online computer based test. The list of B-schools who accept NMAT by GMAC scores is growing fast. You need to visit www.nmat.org.in to register for the NMAT by GMAC exam.
NMAT offers the facility to select the 5 school/programs to which you would like to report your exam scores free of cost. You should also visit the website of the respective 5 B-schools where you wish to apply to fill the application form and pay the application fee of the management program(s) that you choose to send your NMAT by GMAC scores.These B-school will not consider your NMAT score for admission if you do not complete the application form and pay the application fee for the programes prior to the last application date.
The NMAT by GMAC 2017 exam takes its name from earlier NMAT 2017 exam which was conducted by NMIMS Mumbai. After NMAT 2017 was acquired by GMAC, the name of NMAT exam got new nomenclature as NMAT by GMAC. The NMAT in new form will have 3 sections – Language Skills, Quantitative Skills and Logical Reasoning. It is a computer based test of 2 hours duration.
Important features of NMAT by GMAC
- Take the test multiple times: You can take the NMAT by GMAC three times in a given admissions cycle. This gives you the confidence that you have more than a single opportunity to perform your very best.
- Choice to select order of sections: The NMAT by GMAC allows you to choose the order in which you respond to each of the sections on the test. This allows you to play to your strengths.
- You can revise your answers: You can review your answers at the end of each section so you always have the opportunity to revise if you’re not sure of your original response.
- No negative marking – Instead of skipping a question, you can use your calculated guess and mark the answer without the fear of a penalty for a wrong answer. The system of no negative marking is in line with global practices.
- Choose the exam date, time and location of your convenience: The long testing window of 75 days allows you to choose a convenient test date. The test window opens on October 5 and extends through December 18, 2017.
- Self-scheduling: You can choose your test appointment date, time and location in real-time based on the availability of seats at each test centre.
- Registration facility from your mobile available for the NMAT by GMAC exam
- 48 Testing locations to choose from
- Send your scores to up to 5 programmes for free. You can choose to select the list of schools/programmes you want to send your scores to before or after taking the exam. Up to 5 schools/programmes are included in your registration fee. However, you will be able to send your scores to more than 5 schools/programmes before or after you register for an additional fee.
- Apply to B-Schools after reviewing results. You can view your results and then decide to apply to business school or retake the test depending on your comfort with the results you’ve obtained.