CAT 2018 registration will open in the first week of August 2018 immediately after CAT Advertisement is out in news papers in the last week of July.
CAT 2018 Registration form: 5 page document
After release of CAT notification, IIM CAT registration for CAT exam 2018 will be opened by CAT convening IIM and the testing agency TCS. CAT 2018 online registration form and CAT 2018 application form would be a single document divided in 5 pages.
CAT registration remains open for 45 days
CAT online registration remains open for more than one and a half month. CAT 2018 registration form will be online only and there will be no CAT 2018 offline registration facility. The CAT 2018 registration last date will fall after 45 days from the date of opening of CAT 2018 online registration process.
No separate CAT application form
There is no separate CAT 2018 application form. The CAT 2018 application form is a part of CAT 2018 registration form. CAT online registration process will also have CAT application 2018 as a part of the CAT registration form. You will need to apply for CAT online and while completing your CAT 2018 registration online CAT application 2018 form can be filled up.
IIMs to send CAT 2018 ID & PW
The 1st part of CAT online registration form requires your personal details. Immediately after login on IIM-CAT website with your basic details, IIMs will send you CAT registration ID and CAT password. With this unique CAT 2018 registration ID, you will login to CAT 2018 exam online registration form which will also contain CAT online application form and will be a combined CAT online registration and application form.
CAT Registration form and CAT online application will require you to fill up CAT form with your academic details, uploading of photograph, signature and requires category certificates as per the IIMs prescribed format for CAT registration.
CAT online application form 2018 will consist of programme details on all the 20 IIMs. Candidates filling up CAT online application shall have to tick by clicking on the relevant programmes of the IIMs for which they wish to attend the personal Interview Process.
Important points to note about CAT 2018 registration
- CAT 2018 registration will be online process only
- CAT 2018 registration will remain open for more than 45 days from the date it starts
- When you register for CAT 2018, you will automatically apply online for CAT 2018
- Applying online for CAT 2018 will mean that you have to opt for the relevant management programmes in all the 20 IIMs mentioned in the CAT 2018 registration form
- The CAT 2018 exam fee is expected to be Rs.1900/- as was last year
- In case of filling incorrect information in CAT 2018 online application form not only the candidature of the aspirant will be treated as invalid but the CAT registration fee will also be forfeited.
- CAT 2018 registration can be completed in 3 steps.
- Read the instructions at the start of the CAT registration form before beginning to fill up the CAT application form.
- You can save and exit the CAT 2018 registration form any number of times to edit and complete it later or can Save & Continue each section till you submit the application.
- Fee for CAT exam is to be paid after completing your CAT online registration 2018 and CAT 2018 online application form.
- If you do not pay the CAT 2018 exam fee after completing your CAT 2018 registration form, your CAT 2018 application form will remain incomplete and you will not be allowed to appear in CAT 2018 exam.
Documents needed to complete CAT 2018 registration and CAT 2018 application
Following are the mandatory items of information you need during the CAT 2018 registration and CAT 2018 online application process
- Educational history
- Mark sheets (10th /12th/ Degree/Diploma)
- Work experience, if any
- Applicable Certificates to upload
- Scanned images of your passport size photo and signature. (The photo should not be more than six months old and should have a white background)
- Scanned image of Passport size photo with the dimensions 35mm X 45mm along with the scanned image of your signature with the dimensions 1000mm X 35 mm. is required to be uploaded at the time of registration for CAT 2018. Please note that the documents file format should be .jpg or .jpeg and the file size should not be more than 80KB each. The image should be clear with a minimum resolution of 150px.
- List of the IIM programmes to which you wish to apply
- CAT exam fee payment instruments to pay CAT 2018 exam fee – like Debit/Credit cards, Net banking
How to register for CAT 2018
CAT 2018 registration steps are simple and can be completed within the specified time although candidate can login again and again to complete the process as follows:
- Create a Profile
- Log in with system generated User ID and Password
- Submit Application after entering details and making online payment through Net banking/Credit card/Debit card
Guidelines for CAT 2018 registration process
- Once you create a profile after login as new user on ‘Register now’ and receive your system generated User ID and Password as SMS and on mail, next login should be as ‘existing user’ with the received ID & Password
- In a few minutes of submitting the Registration Form, you will receive a User ID on the registered email with the subject line CAT 2018 Login Details. Ensure to check your mailbox immediately and in case you don’t find it there also check the spam mail.
- Keep the entire information ready before filling up the CAT 2018 application form
- The work experience is to be entered in completed months in CAT registration form
- The CAT 2018 online application form need not be completed in one go. You can revisit the CAT application form several times and complete it in steps.
- You will not be allowed to continue your CAT 2018 registration process, if mandatory information is not filled up.
- Wherever needed, required Certificates, scanned images of photographs, signature are to be uploaded, else your registration will remain incomplete
- If you forget your password during the CAT online registration process, you may click on the Forgot Password button on the Existing User login window. The new password will be sent in the email to you, and not as an SMS.
- Once you have completed the last section of CAT application form, i.e. Payment, your CAT 2018 application form is considered complete and you will receive a confirmation mail. After this, changes to any information on the application form are not possible
FAQs on CAT 2018 Registration
CAT 2018 Registration FAQs
Q.1. What is the last date to register and apply for CAT 2018?
A. The last date to register and apply for CAT 2018 is September 2018 last week.
Q.2. Can I apply for CAT 2018 in offline mode also?
A. No, you can submit only online application for CAT 2018
Q.3. What is CAT 2018 registration fee?
A. CAT 2018 registration fee for General category is Rs.1900/- and for reserved category it is Rs.1000/-
Q.4. How to ensure that all the details that I entered in CAT 2018 registration and application form are correct?
A. Do not forget to preview all the pages of CAT 2018 application form before submission.
Q.5. Is it possible to amend mistake in CAT 2018 registration after form submission
A. After submitting the CAT 2018 online application it is not possible to rectify the errors. You will have to re-register.
Q.6 If still there remains mistake in CAT 2018 application form, how can I amend it?
A. Wait for the 1-2 days limited time window to open by IIMs for error correction. The error correction window is expected to open after the close of CAT registration process.
Q.7. Can I rectify the errors on all application pages of CAT 2018 registration when error correction window opens?
A. No, you can only modify the limited details like percentage of marks scored, work experience, programmes names / interview city centers. No personal details would be allowed to be modified.
Q. 8. Can my score in Masters degree compensate for bachelors degree low score? I scored 76% in Masters but 49% in graduation, can I appear in CAT 2018?
A. No, you cannot, you need minimum 50% marks in graduation to appear in CAT 2018 if you are a general category candidate.
Q.9. What is the size and type of Photograph & signature to be uploaded on CAT 2018 application form?
A. The scanned image of your passport photo must be within the dimensions of 30mm X 45mm and for signature the dimensions are 80mm X 35mm. (See more details below)
Q.10. If I, already have a category certificate, can I upload it on CAT 2018 application form or I need a new one?
A. If you already have a certificate that fulfils the prescribed criteria, you may upload the same.
Q.11. I was awarded only grades but not percentage of marks in academics? how should I fill it in CAT registration form?
A. You should obtain a certificate from the Board/Institute/University specifying the equivalent marks which should be used for filling the online CAT 2018 application form
Q.12. I have working experience in the Accounts & finance section of an Automobile company, what should I fill in the application form as the area of work experience - Finance or Automobile?
A. Your area of work experience is Finance but the type of company is Automobile. The work experience is to be entered in months till July 31, 2018.
CAT 2018 Registration and Application form can be completed in 5 steps.
Fill in Registration form first
-You need to Register as New user
This part requires you to enter your name, date of birth, email address, country and mobile number. You will get one time OTP after this and with the help of the OTP it will be possible for you to login to CAT 2018 main application form
Complete Application form in 5 steps
Step-1- Personal details: Insert your personal details like parents' name, gender, category, nationality, communication address among others. You also need to upload your photograph, signature and caste certificate
Step-2 - Academics: Insert all your academics beginning from class 10 onwards like exam taken, Board/University, marks obtained, maximum marks, percentage of marks among others. The details of professional degree, if any are to be entered on this page.
Step-3- Work Experience: If you are a candidate with work experience, enter your experience in completed months as on 31st July 2017. Check all the Industry Types applicable to you, with Work Experience in months for each Industry Type.
Step-4-Programmes: This page requires you to select any number of Programme Names offered by 20 IIMs in this section. Select the IIM programme and then select the IIM Interview City for that programme as per the cities in the respective drop down list. For the 6 new IIMs you need to choose the same interview city.
This page also wants you to select 4 preferred exam cities to appear in CAT 2017. However, you can not select the same exam city twice in order of preference.
Step-5-Payment: This is the last step in Application form. The payment is to be made online. A General / NC-OBC candidate needs to pay Rs.1800 while an SC/ST/PWD candidate will pay Rs.900 towards the CAT 2017 examination fee. The final amount will also include applicable additional charges as per the table below: