Group Discussion (GD) is an important part of MBA selection process. GD Topics for MBA including topics on Current Affairs, Business & Economy and even Abstract topics to check the creativity of college students. Read below for 100 latest Group Discussions Topics 2020 with answers for your MBA 2020 selection.
Type of GD Topics
There are four types of GD Topics for MBA:
- GD Topics on Business & Economy: It includes current trends in business and economy, major policy initiatives, latest business trends, and their impact globally and nationally.
- GD Topics on Current Affairs: The GD topics on Current affairs may be based on national or international political development, Policies and issues which are highly debated in media.
- GD topics on Social Issues: Top MBA Colleges are focussing on developing socially responsible MBAs. Hence, there is a greater emphasis on issues like gender and environment sensitivity, ethics etc.
- GD Topics on Abstract Topics: You may be thinking what are abstract GD topics? These are the topics which have multiple interpretations and candidates can show their creativity and smart thinking. Prepare well for these tricky ones!
Top MBA colleges in India go on changing their area of GD topics every year. IIMs, XLRI, FMS, IIFT have their preferences for GD topics in MBA admission 2020. Some of the Hot GD topics expected in Group Discussion round 2020 in top MBA colleges are in the areas of Business & Economy, National & Social Affairs, International Affairs. The expected GD topics 2020 are shared below:
Business & Economy
- Coronavirus: 'Black Swan' of Global Economy; How it Impacts India?
- Slowdown in Indian Economy: Temporary or Structural?
- 5 Trillion Economy: The Vision, Challenges and Roadmap for India
- Disinvestment on CPSE central public sector enterprises: Good step to augment public expenditure or selling family silver?
- RCEP Agreement: Right step for national interest or running away from competition?
- India improves Ease of Doing Business Ranking: Real or chimera?
Nation & Society
- Citizenship (Amendment) Act 2019: What, Why, When and Whom; Relationship with NRC explained
- Article 370 Abrogation: Correcting old folly or thrusting nationalistic agenda?
- Nirbhaya Gang Rape: Death penalties for perpetrators of crime against women. Will it reduce crime?
- Single Use Plastic Ban?
- Delhi Air Pollution: Man made Crisis or fall out of industrialization?
- Chandrayaan 2: A failed mission or a stepping stone for future glory?
- Hong Kong Protests: Rebel against China or pro-democracy fight?
- US China Trade Talks: A political drama or renegotiation of rules of game?
Past GD Topics in IIMs, XLRI, MDI and other Top B-schools
The GD topics as appeared in the Group Discussion rounds in top MBA colleges including IIMs are shared below. It is expected that the GD Topics on similar lines could be placed in Group Discussion round 2020 in top MBA colleges.
How to prepare for GD Topic:
Before we give you 100 top GD Topics 2020 with answers, lets briefly discuss how to prepare for GD Topics. First GD preparation tip is, Read, Read, and Read! The more aware you are, better will be your chances. Second, practice with your friends on the how to participate in a live GD.. Read more about GD Tips and How to Prepare.
Admission Notification | Apply Now
|XIME KOCHI, Admission PGDM 2020-22|
|EMPI New Delhi PGDM Admissions 2020|
|NTPC School of Business, PGDM Admission 2020|
|VIPS-TC-Delhi School of Business, Delhi||JKBS Gurgaon, PGDM Admission 2020|
100 Top GD Topics 2019
In addition to above latest GD Topics that have appeared in MBA admissions, MBAUniverse.com experts have prepared a comprehensive list of 100 current GD Topics with answers for Admissions 2020. So, click on the links below to read.. You can also download PDF of list of Top 100 GD Topics for MBA 2020.