MBAUniverse.com Editorial Desk | Updated on March 22, 2021
GD Topics: 100+ Latest Group Discussion Topics 2021
Are your preparing for MBA Entrance Process for MBA Admissions 2021? Do you know that apart from MBA Entrance Exam Scores (CAT, MAT, CMAT scores), good MBA college check your General & Business Awareness? Group Discussion, Written Ability Test (WAT) and Personal Interviews are modes by which MBA college check your General & Business Awareness. Afterall, good managers are well aware about the international, national, social and business events.
IIMs, XLRI, MDI, SPJIMR and all other prominent MBA colleges conduct Essay Writing, Extempore Speech, Personal Interview on latest current affairs topics, that are similar to GD Topics. So, by preparing for Group Discussion, you are in fact preparing for the entire Personal Assessment (PI) Round of all MBA colleges. CAT Toppers like Anushree Naik (CAT 2019: 98.2%, now studying at IIM Ahmedabad) have used MBAUniverse.com solved GD Topics. So, make sure you too benefit from this rich resource.
So, to help you do well in Personal Interview Rounds for IIMs, FMS Delhi, and all Top 100 MBA Colleges, MBAUnivese.com, India’s No 1 Portal, has prepared 100+ Latest Group Discussion Topics 2021. These topics, listed below, are useful for Bank and other competitive entrance exams. So, continue reading.
NEP 2020, COVID 19, Economic Slowdown, China, COVID Vaccine, US Election related GD Topics
Year 2020 was an eventful year to say the least! To help you prepare, MBAUniverse.com experts has prepared solved GD Topics on Economic Survey 2021, National Education Policy (NEP) 2020, COVID 19 and Economic Slowdown related issues like Lock Down in India, Work from Home & Future of Work, English must be the only Official Language of India, Corona Virus (Covid 19) Impact, Slowdown in Indian Economy, Privatization of Public Sector in India, Is A Borderless World Practically Impossible?, Rise of Gig Economy. We have also prepared GD Topics on latest topics like Chinese App Ban in India.
US General Election, COVID 19 Vaccine, Are Crises and Emergencies Trigger to big reforms?, Manufacturing in India: An Idea whose time has come? are hot GD Topic in 2021. More such topics will be added soon. So, bookmark this page for your GD Topic preparation.
Type of GD Topics
GD Topics for MBA Admission include topics on Current Affairs, Business & Economy, Social Issues and even Abstract Topics as below:
- GD Topics on Business & Economy: It includes current trends in business and economy, major policy initiatives, latest business trends, and their impact globally and nationally. For example Hot GD Topic 2021: Crises and Emergencies – Triggers for big reforms?, Slowdown in Indian Economy. According to latest forecasts by IMF and other bodies, Indian GDP growth will be reduced to only 2% this year, Online Streaming Services Brought Under Centre's Regulation, .
- GD Topics on Current Affairs: The GD topics on Current affairs may be based on national or international political development, Policies and issues which are highly debated in media. For example National Education Policy 2020, Lock down in India: Prof and Cons and Impact of Corona Virus (Covid 19), Ram Temple Foundation.
- GD topics on Social Issues: Top MBA Colleges are focussing on developing socially responsible MBAs. Hence, there is a greater emphasis on issues like gender and environment sensitivity, ethics etc. For example Nirbhaya Gang Rape: Death penalties for perpetrators of crime against women. Will it reduce crime?, "Love Jihad" Law
- GD Topics on Abstract Topics: You may be thinking what are abstract GD topics? These are the topics which have multiple interpretations and candidates can show their creativity and smart thinking. For example topics like Black or Grey or Zero (0) or Roses are Red…Prepare well for these tricky ones!
All these hot GD Topics have been solved below for your benefit.
Read Latest Group Discussion Topics for MBA Admission 2021
Check list of 100+ latest GD Topics and be ready for your MBA Admission process. We are continuously adding new topics and updating new developments in topics. We have also researched Past Year’s GD Topics from IIMs and other MBA Admission process. So, bookmark this page for your GD Topic preparation.
Business & Economy
- Gig Economy: Statistics, Why is it growing, Pros & Cons, Impact of Covid 19
- Facebook Reliance Jio Deal: Will it help to boost Business Growth in India?
- Telecom Sector Trouble in India: Good or Bad for Economy
- Coronavirus: 'Black Swan' of Global Economy; How it Impacts India?
- Slowdown in Indian Economy: Temporary or Structural?
- 5 Trillion Economy: The Vision, Challenges and Roadmap for India
- Union Budget of India: What is “Budget” and Key Features of Budget 2020
- Impact of Technology on Jobs: Will Automation & Artificial Intelligence reduce or increase Jobs?
- Crypto Currency: A bright future or just a fad?
- Globalization: An Opportunity or a Threat?
- The IT Industry in India -Will it create more jobs in the future?
- Banks Merger in India: Is it good for Indian Economy?
- Is FDI Good for Indian Economy?
- Universal Basic Income: Is this a good idea for India?
- India improves Ease of Doing Business Ranking: Real progress or Chimera?
- RBI Autonomy: Is the Government out to Impound its Autonomous Status?
- The Fugitive Economic Offenders Bill 2017
- Startup India: Boosting Entrepreneurship
- Make in India: The idea will make India a manufacturing hub
- Sensex: Sensitivity has nothing to do with economy and society?
- E-commerce: Discounts are harmful in long run?
- Privatization of Public Sector in India: A right step or selling family silver?
- RCEP Agreement: Right step for national interest or running away from competition?
National Current Affairs
- Union Budget 2021: Right impetus to Indian Economy and Business?
- COVID 19 Vaccination: Indian approach is a global model
- Chinese App Banned in India – Pros and Cons
- Lock Down: Will it check Coronavirus spread in India?
- Citizenship (Amendment) Act 2019: What, Why, When and Whom; Relationship with NRC explained
- Article 370 Abrogation: Correcting old folly or thrusting nationalistic agenda?
- Single Use Plastic Ban?
- One Nation One Election: Benefits are more for India
- EVMs Vs Paper Ballots: Which one is Better to Use?
- Fake News will kill Social Fiber of India unless checked
- Modicare: Affordable healthcare or a piped dream?
- Bullet Train: Does India really need it?
- Mission to MARS: Can India afford spending a fortune on such projects?
- Linking of Aadhaar: Is making Aaadhar mandatory a good idea?
- Delhi Air Pollution: Man made Crisis or fall out of industrialization?
- Chandrayaan 2: A failed mission or a stepping stone for future glory?
- English must be the only Official Language of India
- Nirbhaya Gang Rape: Death penalties for perpetrators of crime against women. Will it reduce crime?
- Free Metro Ride for Women: Step for Women Empowerment or a Political Gimmick
- Shortage of Open Spaces and Playgrounds Lead to Negative Tendencies in Children
- Women Empowerment & Gender Justice
- Swachh Bharat Mission: Success is still at Large
- Social Media: A boon or a bane for society and individuals
- Beti Bachao Beti Padhao
- Browsing at Workplace affects productivity
- Social Activism is necessary for survival of democratic society
- India needs a uniform civil code
- Net Neutrality is essential to make India Digital
- Smart City Project will give wings to growth
- Gender bias in portraying Women in Advertisements
- India needs a uniform civil code
Abstract Topics: Group Discussion Topics
- Friends, Enemy or Frenemies?
- Hard Work Vs Smart Work
- Me Too Campaign: Tool to Trap or Breaking Silence to Win the War
- Your failures can be your stepping stones or your stumbling blocks
- GD Topic: Ethics or Profit?
- GD Topic: Zero (0)
- Black or Grey
- Work- Life Balance is a Myth
- FAMOUS Vs IMPORTANT
- Roses are red, crows are black
- Water or Oxygen
- East or West India is the best
- Patience: A virtue in Business and Management.
- Innovation Vs Invention: What is more important?
- Change is the only constant
- Freedom is a myth
- Fact Vs Opinion: There are no facts only opinions
- Leader or Follower
- Strategy or Execution
- Means or End
- Effective manager or Ethical Manager
- It was a bright, cold day in April and the clocks were striking thirteen.
- Red is red, blue is blue and never the two shall meet
- Brevity is the soul of wit
- Is A Borderless World Practically Impossible?
- US Trade Policy: Is Trump creating World Trade War?
- TRUMP-KIM SUMMIT: Will De-Nuclearization Instill World Peace?
- Hong Kong Protests: Rebel against China or pro-democracy fight?
- US China Trade Talks: A political drama or renegotiation of rules of game?
Past GD Topics in IIMs, XLRI, MDI and other Top B-schools
The GD topics as appeared in the Group Discussion rounds in top MBA colleges including IIMs are shared below. It is expected that the GD Topics on similar lines could be placed in Group Discussion round 2020 in top MBA colleges.
- Poverty in India: Facts, Causes, Effects, Solution -- IIMs
- Performance & Policies of Modi Regime -- IIMs
- Agriculture Role in India and Subsidies: Problems & Challenges -- IIMs
- Women Empowerment & Gender Justice: Addressing the Equality Challenges -- IIMs
- End of Globalization/ De-Globalization/ Nationalization -- IIM Bangalore, MDI Gurgaon, IIM Lucknow
- Climate Change/Pollution -- IIM Bangalore, IIM Trichy, TISS Mumbai
- Retirement Homes: Do advantages of living in them outweigh the disadvantages? -- TAPMI, IIM Indore
- Social Media: Impact on human behavior and society -- IIM Ranchi, IIM Ahmedabad
- Impact of technology on Jobs -- MDI Gurgaon, CAP process for New IIMs
- #Me too campaign -- IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Calcutta,
- Crypto Currency/ Bitcoin -- IMI Delhi
- Mars Mission for India Justified?-- MDI Gurgaon
- Shortage of Open Spaces and Playgrounds Lead to Negative Tendencies in Children --IIM Ahmedabad
- Knowledge is the biggest asset you can accumulate -- IIM Lucknow
- Is India ready for cashless Economy? -- IIFT
- Travelling: Helps in Generating Ideas and Experiential Learning -- CAP process for New IIMs
- Zero -- XLRI
- Death penalties for perpetrators of crime against women. Is it Justified? -- IIM Indore
How to prepare for GD Topic:
Before we give you 100 top GD Topics 2020 with answers, lets briefly discuss how to prepare for GD Topics. First GD preparation tip is, Read, Read, and Read! The more aware you are, better will be your chances. Second, practice with your friends on the how to participate in a live GD.. Read more about GD Tips and How to Prepare.
100 Top GD Topics
In addition to above latest GD Topics that have appeared in MBA admissions, MBAUniverse.com experts have prepared a comprehensive list of 100 current GD Topics with answers for Admissions 2020. So, click on the links below to read.. You can also download PDF of list of Top 100 GD Topics for MBA 2020.