The final selection process for IIM Bodh Gaya 5 year IPM 2022-27 batch is to begin shortly, after declaration of JIPMAT 2022 result. The exam was conducted on July 3, 2022. IIM Bodh Gaya accepts JIPMAT score for IPM admission and does not charge any additional application fee. Last date to apply for IIM Bodh Gaya IPM Admission 2022 has closed on June 9, 2022 with JIPMAT registration last date.
Following the success of IPM programs at IIM Indore and IIM Rohtak, IIM Bodh Gaya launched its 5-year Integrated Programme in Management (IPM) from the academic session 2021-22. This makes IIM BG the third IIM to enter the undergraduate management education segment. IIM Bodh Gaya IPM Seats for 2022-27 batch are 60.
Candidates successfully completing the course requirement of IIM Bodh Gaya Five-Year Integrated Programme in Management, would be awarded Bachelor of Business Management (BBM) and Master of Business Administration (MBA) by IIM Bodh Gaya. Candidates opting for exit after completing the requirement of first three years of IIM Bodh Gaya IPM, would be awarded Bachelor of Business Management.
Highlighting the key features of IPM programme, Dr Vinita Sahay, Director, IIM Bodh Gaya, said that IPM is a gateway for 'fresh out of school' students interested in corporate without waiting to reach the postgraduate level to study. She said, the institute aims to “catch them young, allow them to dream and facilitate them to fulfil it”.
IIM Bodhgaya 5 Year IPM: Highlights and USPs
IIM Bodhgaya is the 3rd IIM to launch Integrated Programme in Management after IIM Indore and Rohtak. Key programme highlights and USPs are
- Get IIM MBA without Appearing in CAT: IIM Bodh Gaya IPM is a Dual Degree Programme – BBM+MBA which you can pursue after passing class 12 and without appearing in CAT exam after graduation.
- Exit Option: Exit option after completion of 3 years with Bachelor of Business Management (BBM) degree
- IPM Programme Fee: 5 year IPM fee at IIM Bodhgaya is Rs. 28.5 lakhs
- Specialization Areas: Specialization in six key areas of Management – Marketing, Finance, Operations, HR, Analytics,IT & Decision Sciences, Strategy, Public Policy and General Management
- Social / Industry Immersion: Compulsory Summer Internship at the end of 2nd year and 3rd year to provide in-depth industry experience and to expose students to the real work environment challenges. Real-world internships will develop a practical and holistic approach in students towards management discipline
- Pedagogic Innovations: Pedagogy uses audio-visual based teaching techniques like case studies, real-life problem-solving exercises, group discussions and business simulation contents. Emphasis is on gaining practical experience and critical thinking rather than stressing on rote learning.
- International Immersion: IIM Bodh Gaya offers to its students a great opportunity to be a part of an Exchange Program for one term at its partner universities across the world. IIM Bodhgaya has established collaborations with 15 reputed institutions across the Globe with multiple international accreditations, to provide students an opportunity to experience and appreciate global scenarios and exposure.
IIM Bodhgaya 5 year IPM course comprises the first three years for undergraduate studies BBM, and the latter two years will be for the core management studies-MBA. The IPM course will culminate with an MBA degree. The course will be carried out in a semester format which will let the students reflect upon the learnings that will be imparted to them. According to Dr Sahay, “There is a dominance of engineers in the management world, and IPM is a fresh perspective to bring in students from other domains. Number of opportunities for students interested in entering the corporate world is significantly less, especially at the undergraduate level” and added further, “importance of IPM in current times is even more as limited options are available for the students, straight out of the twelfth standard, in the institutes of national importance.”
Read this exclusive MBAUniverse.com article to check IIM Bodh Gaya IPM Eligibility, IIM Bodh Gaya IPM Fees, IIM Bodh Gaya IPM Seats, process for IIM Bodh Gaya IPM Admissions 2022 and IIM Bodh Gaya IPM Academic Structure
IIM Bodh Gaya IPM Fees
The cost of 5-year IPM program at IIM BG shall be Rs.28.50 lakhs. Here is the IIM BG IPM fee structure shared by IIM Bodhgaya :
- 3 year BBM Fee: The fee, inclusive of hostel fee, would be Rs. 4.5 Lakhs per year for the first three years. This doesn’t include mess charges.
- 2 year MBA Fee: Tentative tuition fee for the 4th and 5th year would be as Rs. 7.5 Lakhs per year (approximately equivalent PGP fee for batch 2025-27). However, actual prevailing fee structure will be applicable
- International Immersion Fee: Candidates opting for international immersion would have to pay the additional fee applicable for international immersion.
IIM Bodh Gaya IPM Academic Structure
Similar to IIM Indore and IIM Rohtak IPM programs, the first three years of the IPM program would be based on semester system and the last two years would be based on the trimester system, as per the prevailing MBA course structure of IIM BG. Here are some more program highlights:
- The five-year IPM curriculum is diligently designed to provide a solid base in subject matter and keep students in sync with the latest management education developments
- The first three years of IPM include courses on basic concepts of Mathematics, Economics, Social Sciences, Psychology, Financial Management, IT, and Organizational Behaviour, along with courses on physical training and mental health
- The curriculum has been divided into three strata - Enabler courses which will include subjects like Communication, etc., to make the non-English students ready for the professional world. There will be other two types of courses - Core courses that include management centric subjects like organisational behaviour, and Enhancement courses which will be around ability and skill enhancement. The institute intends to build skills and social awareness so that students can give back to society as well
- Rural Immersion Program will also be a part of the curriculum that will be based on the ‘Unnat Bharat Abhiyan’ scheme. At the end of 2nd year, students will have an option to undertake either of a) Rural and Social Immersion Project, b) A research-based project or c) a business internship.
- Students will have an option to select from a range of elective courses in the final semester to determine their domain of expertise. During the sixth semester of the program, students will have option to select a sector specific specialization. The course structure after the sixth semester would follow the MBA course structure.
- IIM Bodh Gaya offers Student Exchange Program, which will help the students gain a perspective on international exposure. The institute has established collaborations with several reputed institutions in Germany, Taiwan, France, Venezuela, Russia, Mexico, Italy, S. Korea, Morocco and Israel
IIM Bodh Gaya enters 15 International Partnerships
IIM Bodh Gaya has a wide Global Partner Network. The institute acknowledges the significance of exposure to global standards and contemporary trends for enrichment of its students’ learning experience. In order to bring international exposure and cultural diversity to the campus, IIM Bodh Gaya has established collaborations with several reputed institutions in Germany, Taiwan, France, Venezuela, Russia, Mexico, Italy and S. Korea.
Students from affiliate partners also spend a term at IIM Bodh Gaya and are eclectically unified with the dynamic and multi-cultural experience. The Exchange Program provides them with alternative approaches to learning, exposes them to the global economy, develops their cultural sensitivity, helps them test their existing skills and enhance those skills in a global environment. The wide-ranging benefits of the Student Exchange Program add great value to the holistic learning of future managers.
The key international partner institutions of IIM Bodh Gaya include ESC Clermont Business School, France; ESDES Lyon Business School, France; Montpellier Business School, France; Turiba University, Latvia; SoiBridge, South Korea; National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan; Alba Graduation Business School, Greece; University of Florence, Italy; MIP, Italy; IESA, Venezuela; Universidad de Monterry, Mexico; Centrum Pucp Peru; University of Cyprus; ISM Germany; KNRTU, Russia
IIM Bodh Gaya IPM Seats 2022
According to IIM BG, the intake for IIM BG-IPM 2022-27 batch will be 50 and additional 10 supernumerary seats will be offered to female candidates to further improve gender diversity. Reservation would be applicable as per GoI regulations after meeting the minimum eligibility criteria.
IIM Bodh Gaya IPM Application Fee
- There is no separate institute level application fee to apply for IIM Bodh Gaya IPM Admission.
- The only fee is to register and apply for JIPMAT entrance exam which will be conducted by NTA for IPM admission at IIM Bodh Gaya and IIM Jammu
- JIPMAT 2022 Registration and application fee is Rs.2000/- for General category
- For Reserved (SC/ST/PwD/Transgender) category, the JIPMAT fee is Rs.1000/-
IIM Bodh Gaya IPM Eligibility
IIM BG has announced following eligibility criteria:
- Candidates should have passed 10+2/XII/HSC examination in arts/commerce/science stream or equivalent with 60% or more in the year 2020, 2021 or appearing in 2022. The candidate must have passed class 10th examination with 60% or more in the year not before 2018
- SC/ST/PwD/Transgender category candidates need 55% marks in class 12 and class 10 to apply for admission. There is no relaxation in the exam years.
- Candidates appearing in class 12/HSC or equivalent by 31 July 2022 can also apply
IIM Bodhgaya IPM Admission 2022 through JIPMAT 2022
JIPMAT 2022 is the mandatory entrance test for IIM Bodhgaya IPM admission 2022. Key facts about the IIM BG IPM entrance test JIPMAT are:
- JIPMAT full form is Joint Integrated Programme in Management Admission Test.
- All candidates, irrespective of category, will be assessed for admission through JIPMAT
- The JIPMAT will be conducted by the National Testing Agency responsible for organising tests such as JEE and NEET
- IIM Bodh Gaya and IIM Jammu have come together to conduct JIPMAT across 78 cities in India
- The registration and application submission last date for JIPMAT 2022 is June 9, 2022
- JIPMAT exam date is July 3, 2022
IIM Bodh Gaya 5 year IPM Admission: Final Selection Process
The assessment for final selection will be done based on Class 10th, 12th and entrance test scores. According to IIM Bodh Gaya, the merit list will be prepared for admission in the following manner
- The marks obtained in the JIPMAT 2022 will be used for preparing the merit list
- The candidates, who score more than or equal to category-wise sectional percentile 30, will be eligible for the Merit List
- Sectional raw scores will be subjected to minimum qualifying requirements also. This will be decided after the result based on the available pool of the candidates.
IIM Bodh Gaya IPM Admission 2022: Tie-Breaking rule to Prepare Merit List
If the overall composite scores of two or more students are found same, then they will be ranked on the following basis:
- Overall JIPMAT score: Higher score will be ranked higher
- VARC section score: Higher score will be ranked higher
- QA section score: Higher score will be ranked higher
- DILR section score: Higher score will be ranked higher
- Class X score: Higher score will be ranked higher
- Class XII score: Higher score will be ranked higher
- Appearance in Class XII: Recent appearance will be ranked higher
- Appearance in Class X: Recent appearance will be ranked higher
- Date of Birth: Younger candidate will be ranked higher
IIM Bodh Gaya is the first IIM which has taken the bold step, not to include any weightage for the personal interview round in final selection. Instead IIM BG plans to hone the students in the field of communication and personality
IIM Bodh Gaya IPM Admission 2022: Important Dates
Key dates for IPM 2022-27 batch admission are as below:
IIM BG IPM Admission Activity
Application start date
May 10, 2022
Online application process
JIPMAT Application Start Date
May 10, 2022
Last date to Apply for JIPMAT 2022 as well as for IIM Bodhgaya for IPM admission 2022
June 9, 2022
Application to be submitted by 5 PM.
Last date to pay JIPMAT Registration & Exam Fee
June 10, 2022
Application fee Rs.2000 (Gen)/Rs.1000 (Reserved category) to be paid online by 11.50 PM
JIPMAT 2022 Exam Date
July 3, 2022
2 ½ hours duration computer based test from 3 PM to 5.30 PM
|IIM Bodh Gaya Final Selection Process||Begins after declaration of JIPMAT 2022 Result||Selection will be made out of the candidates who have already applied and appeared in JIPMAT 2022 exam|
JIPMAT is organized by the initiative of IIM Bodh Gaya and IIM Jammu. It is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) and is an online computer based test of 150 minute duration. IIM Bodhgaya IPM is a full-fledged five-year programme designed for undergraduate students opting for the management profession. The programme aims to provide the students a concrete base in the subject matter and keeping them in sync with the latest management education developments
Also known as the Enlightening IIM BG primarily focuses on mindfulness. IIM Bodh Gaya has launched the IPM programme with an objective to provide foundations to students for taking up the management profession and making them mindful managers who are socially conscious with a particular emphasis on entrepreneurship to promote the “Atma-Nirbhar Bharat” campaign.
The classes of IIM Bodhgaya are conducted in the transit campus of the Magadh University’s Directorate of Distance Education (DDE) building. 90 hostel rooms at IIM Bodhgaya have been provided for accommodation. Set up as a 15th institute under the mentorship of IIM Calcutta, the oldest IIM in the country, IIM Bodh Gaya, right from its inception in 2015, has meticulously followed its mentor's footsteps. IIM Bodh Gaya fosters a culture and curriculum with the purpose to create socially responsible managers and emotionally mature leaders.
In 2018, Dr. Vinita Sahay, Professor of Marketing at IIM Raipur, was appointed by the Government of India as the first Director of IIM Bodh Gaya. Uday Kotak, Chairperson & MD & CEO, Kotak Bank is the Chairman of IIM BG Board. Other board members include Gautam Kumra, Asia Chairman, McKinsey & Company, Falguni S. Nayar, Founder & CEO, Nykaa.com and other key members
In a short span of time, IIM Bodh Gaya has strengthened its position in the corporate world, with its students already working in commendable positions. Apart from the conventional classroom setup, the pedagogy at IIM Bodh Gaya lays much emphasis on practical learning. Students are encouraged to take up various industry-based research projects which are subjected to evaluation by the faculty. A dynamic curriculum in consonance with academics and industry experts provides the students with the opportunities to master new skills and explore diverse perspectives.
The permanent campus is in the making and aims to be built by the end of 2022. The new campus expects to welcome 1000 students on campus by the next couple of years and will have various modern-day facilities like the huge sports stadium. Dr Sahay also hinted at having an incubation centre in an attempt to boost the entrepreneurial culture among the students. From the number of students to the batch diversity, from TedX to nationwide competitions, the institute is progressing at a fast pace. With the launch of IPM, the institute hopes that more young students will develop managerial skills and contribute to the country’s development.
Stay tuned to MBAUniverse.com for more updates on IIM Bodh Gaya