Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IIMA) has successfully completed the Final Placement process for the MBA Class of 2022 of the Post Graduate Programme (PGP) in Management on February 14, 2022 with top companies from multiple domains participating in placement process. IIM Ahmedabad conducted the final placement 2022 process in three clusters on three days in the month of February 2022. All the participating students got placed across more than 20 cohorts.
Average & Highest Salary: Sharp Hike Expected-Wait for Data Release
Although IIM Ahmedabad will release the salary data for Placement 2022 after six months when the audit report as per IPRS stands will be released, the sources are of the view that both average and highest salary packages have gone up substantially. In last year placement 2021 IIM Ahmedabad registered highest domestic salary of Rs.55 LPA and highest international salary of Rs. US$154,355 Eqv INR 1.16 Cr. Average domestic salary in Placement 2021 was Rs.27,54,721 while average international salary in Placement 2021 was Rs.US$98962 Eqv INR 74,22,000. It is understood that salary packages in IIM Ahmedabad placements 2022 have gone up with a high percentage rise. Exact data will be available in September/October 2022.
IIM Ahmedabad conducted the final placement process in two stages. The first was the Laterals process where firms interviewed students with prior work experience and offered them mid-level managerial positions. 36 firms hired from diverse sectors such as technology, banking, consulting and analytics. In the second stage of the Final Placement process, firms were grouped into cohorts based on the profile offered, and groups of cohorts were invited to campus across different clusters. As in previous years, students were provided the flexibility of making “dream” applications to firms of their choice in a subsequent cluster even with an offer in hand. There were 35 dream applications this year. This gave students the flexibility and choice to build careers in sectors of their preference.
IIM Ahmedabad Final Placement 2022: Key Highlights
- IIM Ahmedabad conducted the entire process of Placement 2022 in Virtual Mode in 3 days
- Firms from different sectors and geographies participated in the Placement process
- IIMA followed the dream campus concept in Placement process 2022 and got 35 dream applications in the cluster process
- Prominent sectors and domains in IIM Ahmedabad placement season 2022 included Consulting, Investment Banking, Conglomerate, Consumer Goods & services, Retail, BFSI, Private Equity, Venture Capital, Asset Management among others
- 190 Marquee companies participated in Placement 2022
- 220 Different Roles were offered to IIMA students
- 400+ students participated in placement 2022 and all were placed in 20 cohorts in 3 days across three clusters
- 3rd cluster comprised 8 cohorts, which included Analytics & IT Consulting, Banking Insurance, Consumer Tech, Core Manufacturing & Infrastructure, Enterprises Tech, Financial Services, Fin Tech and Government Enterprises. Fin Tech firms rolled out the maximum number of offers and UnDosTres was the largest recruiter
- 50% offers rolled out in the cluster 3 process were international offers
- 2nd cluster comprised six cohorts - Advertising & Media, Conglomerates, Consumer Goods & Durables, Consumer Services, Pharma & Healthcare and Retail B2B & B2C
- 1st cluster had six cohorts, investment banking & markets, management consulting, advisory consulting, niche consulting, cards & financial advisory and private equity, venture capital & asset management.
- Student-recruiter fit Process with over 150 students upgrading their offers during the process
- Boston Consulting Group with 47 Offers and Accenture with 32 offers emerged as top Recruiters
- Many new recruiters like A&W Capital, EY Parthenon, PWC US Advisory, Zomato among others participated for the first time and made offers
- IIM Ahmedabad follows IPRS standards and Salary Data for Placement 2022 will be released after the IPRS Audit in September/October 2022
Prof. Ankur Sinha, Chairperson of the Placement Committee at IIM Ahmedabad said, “This year, once again, we completed the final placement process in virtual mode with recruiters and students logging in from remote locations. The process achieved its stated objective of finding the right student-recruiter fit by providing students with options to upgrade and dream on the organisations of their choice. While the appetite of the regular recruiters was higher this year than the previous years, we also saw a significant increase in the participation of firms and the variety in job roles.”
Top Recruiters in IIM Ahmedabad Placements 2022
- 190 firms participated with around 220 different roles in IIM Ahmedabad placement process 2022. In the Final placements, firms which made the most offers on campus included Boston Consulting Group (BCG) and Accenture.
- Boston Consulting Group made the 47offers (including Pre-Placement Offers) at the end of the final placement process
- Accenture made 32 offers
- Among the Investment Banks, Goldman Sachs was the largest recruiter, making 6 offers, closely followed by Bank of America with 4 offers
- Private Equity, Venture Capital and Asset Management cohort witnessed close to 42% increase in number of net offers
- Management Consulting cohort witnessed close to 30% increase in number of net offers vis-à-vis last year
- In the consumer goods and general management domain, TAS made the highest number of 6 offers (including the pre-placement offers), followed by HUL, Mondelez and Emaar, with 3 offers each
- In the IT Consulting cohort, Tata Consultancy Services was the largest recruiter with 4 offers
- In the Laterals process, PayTM made the highest number of 20 offers followed by PwC (13 offers), American Express (11 offers) and OYO (10 offers)
New Recruiters in IIM Ahmedabad Placements 2022
There were several new recruiters this year, including A&W Capital, B9 Beverages (Bira 91), Eightfold.Ai, EY Parthenon, Garena, Info Edge Venture Fund, Nykaa, PWC US Advisory, UnDosTres, Zee Entertainment Enterprises and Zomato, among others. Roles were also opened across geographies including Mexico and UAE
Sectoral Placements 2022 at IIM Ahmedabad
Below is shared the sectoral overview of Placements 2022
Recruiters in Consulting domain included Accenture Strategy, Arthur D. Little, Bain & Co., Boston Consulting Group, GEP Consulting, Kearney, KPMG, Mastercard, McKinsey & Company, Monitor Deloitte, Oliver Wyman, Praxis and PwC among others
Investment Banking and Markets
Prominent recruiters in the Investment Banking and Markets space included ARGA Investment, Avendus, Sanford C. Bernstein, Citi, Goldman Sachs, HSBC, Premji Invest & The Xander Group among others
Consumer Goods, Services & Electronics
Consumer goods, consumer services and consumer electronics cohorts saw participation by regular recruiters like Asian Paints, CavinKare, Dabur, HUL, ITC, Nestle, P&G, Reckitt, Samsung Electronics, Tata Sky and Wipro Consumer Care among others
The Conglomerate cohort saw participation like Adani Group, Aditya Birla Group, CK Birla Group, Emaar, and Tata Administrative Services,
The Retail B2B & B2C cohort consisted of firms like Amazon, eShakti, Flipkart, Myntra and Nykaa among others
The Banking, Financial Services & Insurance recruiters included firms like Angel Broking, and Bajaj Finserv among others.
Lateral Placements at IIM Ahmedabad
Firms which participated in the Laterals process included Amazon, American Express, BrowserStack, Capgemini, FinIQ, Flipkart, General Atlantic, Google, Microsoft, PayTM, Sprinklr, among others.
Student-Recruiter fit Placement Process
Sowmya Sreenidhi R, the Recruitment Secretary at IIM Ahmedabad said, “The Lateral and Final Placements of 2022 was concluded successfully on 14th February 2022 despite starting amongst the turmoil due to omicron. As always, the placement process was driven by the objective of achieving the best student-career fit. There was an increase in the dream options within, and across clusters, the option to hold & upgrade Pre-Placement offers, and Lateral Placement offers were provided to the PGP batch” and further added, “We successfully completed the Final Placements process well on time and maximised the student-recruiter fit objective with over 150 students upgrading their offers during the entire process and 35 dream applications during the cluster process alone.”
IIM Ahmedabad Placement 2022: Salary Data after 6 months
IIM Ahmedabad follows IPRS standards. The IPRS Report which further details all about the placement data will be released in an audited report, as per the Indian Placement Reporting Standards (IPRS), introduced by IIMA in an effort to bring about greater transparency in B-school placements across the country. The IPRS report for ‘Final Placements 2022’ will be released 6 months from the date of completion of the process.
Stay tuned to MBAUniverse.com for more updates on IIM Ahmedabad