MBAUniverse.com Editorial Desk | Updated on January 25, 2023
GD is an important part in Final Admission to MBA programme or in Final Selection in SSB, Bank Officers, other Job Selections are based on your performance in Group Discussion, also called GD. Number of top MBA colleges like FMS Delhi, a few IIMs have reintroduced GD as a key component in the final selection round 2023 with a good weightage. A group of 5-7 students/participants is formed and a GD topic is given to the group to discuss its pros and cons amongst themselves in 10-15 mins. Main goal of a GD exercise is to check your Communication, GK and Clarity of Thinking. GD Topics cover latest trends in Business & Economy, national and international Current Affairs, Social and International Issues. Abstract Topics like ‘Roses are Red’, ‘Brevity is the Soul of Wit’ are also included. Read below 200+ Latest and Important GD Topics with Solutions expected in 2023 and prepared by MBAUniverse.com, India’s No 1 MBA Portal. New topics are added frequently to the list.
MBA Admission 2023: 50+ Latest & Solved GD Topics with Answers
- Digital Public Goods (DPG): India’s approach and opportunities for the World
- Union Budget 2023-24: Expectations & Key Highlights
- Global Recession 2023: Experts, WEF predict World Economy Slowdown; Indian Economy, a bright spot?
- UGC Foreign Higher Educational Institutions Regulations 2023: Will top Foreign Universities actually set up their campus in India?
- Women’s IPL: Will it match success of IPL?
- Bharat Interface for Money (BHIM): Making India Cashless?
- Unemployment in India: Unemployment Rate Reaches highest level in 2023
- ChatGPT: Will ChatGPT kill search engines or transform them
- National Green Hydrogen Mission launched; Can India lead the world in Green Energy?
- Vande Bharat Express Train: Necessity of Time or Luxury
- G 20 - India Presidency in 2023: History, Plans, Expectations and Roadmap
- Tech Layoffs: Top Tech Layoffs At Big Tech Companies In 2022
- India as the world’s 5th largest economy
- Indian Digital Rupee: A landmark financial initiative?
- Moonlighting in India - What, Why and Should of this HR nightmare
- 5G Telecom Services in India – Benefits and Impact
- Global Hunger Index 2022: Hunger in India
- Fair Digital Finance
- National Logistics Policy: Will it Reduce Costs & Improve Competitiveness of India
- Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL): A convenience or a trap
- Agnipath: Will it Prove a Military Transformation Scheme?
- Gati Shakti Master Plan
- Global Climate Crisis: India Leadership
- Coal Crisis in India
- Russia Ukraine War: Reasons for Conflict & Impact on India
- Budget 2022: Will it Propel Economic Growth
- Inflation in India: Key Terms, Reasons, Impact, Remedies
- Air India Disinvestment by BJP Government & Acquisition by TATAs: Selling Family Silver or Saving Taxpayer’s Money
- Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC): Impact on Indian Financial System & Cryptocurrency
- Repealing of Farm Bills
- Privatization of Public Sector in India
- Will Open Network for Digital Commerce (ONDC) disrupt E-Commerce, and become the next UPI and Aadhaar?
- SUPER APP in India – Will TATA NEU work? Do customers want Integration or Decentralization
- Facebook rebrands to Meta: Is Metaverse a revolutionary technology, or just hype?
- Sustainable Development Goals: India ranked 120th; Does Sustainable Development hampers Industrial Growth and Economy
- NSE Scam: Misuse of authority by former CEOs Chitra Ramakrisha, Ravi Narain for NSE Co-location Fraud and many others – Are Indian Public Institutions safe?
- India’s Semiconductor Mission – Key Facts
- National Startup Day & Startup Boom in India: Are Unicorns Real or just Paper Tigers?
- Statue of Unity: National Symbol or Waste of Resources
- Is Inflation a necessary evil? Impact on India and World
- NATO, G7, EU and other bodies are not effective in maintaining Global Peace & Order
- HDFC and HDFC Bank Merger: Big becomes bigger – Impact on Indian Banking & Industry?
- Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL) Schemes: Convenience or Trap for Indian Middle Class?
- Ed Tech Companies have made Education as a Business, rather than Serving Society?
- Economic Survey 2022
- Make in India: The idea will make India a manufacturing hub
- Facebook rebrands to Meta: Is Metaverse a revolutionary technology, or just hype?
- Farmers' Protest and MSP
- India’s UPI Platform adopted by Nepal: A boost to regional cooperation?
- Are Stock Market & Economy Not Co-related?
- Cryptocurrencies and NFTs: Real Revolution or just a Bubble?
- India Wheat Export Ban: National Interest & Food Security triumphs Globalization?
- Semi-conductor Crisis - Why it is Critical, Reasons for Shortfall (China-Taiwan Conflict) & how India can safeguard?
- India sets $400 billion export record in FY2022: A long term trend or short term blip?
- Gujarat Govt Has made The Bhagavad Gita Part of The Syllabus. Should a Religious Text Be Taught in Government Schools?
- Unviable Populist Benefit Schemes by State Governments: Will push India the Srilanka way?
- Musk-Twitter Deal: Boost to Freedom of Speech, or Caging a Golden Bird
- Are Leaders Born or are they made in Business Schools?
- WTO Signs landmark deal after nearly a decade
- Covid-19 Third Wave
- Freebies, welfare schemes Supreme Court State Governments
- India should go for One Child Policy
- Work experience - a prerequisite for MBA education
- Consistency is the key
- India's semiconductor industry
- Neo-banks vs Traditional banks
- Deep Tech startups
- Challenges for the FinTech industry
- Future of fintech in India
- Falling Rupee Value impacting Indian economy adversely
Type of Group Discussion Topics in MBA Admission 2023: 200+ GD Topics
The key areas of GD Topics for MBA admission and for selection in other important courses and services include Business & Economy; Current Affairs; Social Issues; International events, Abstract topics. Usually, Controversial MBA GD Topics are not included in GD Round
GD Topics for Current Affairs:
The Current affairs topics for GD 2023 are based on national or international political development, Policies and issues which are highly debated in media. List of GD Topics for Current Affairs
List of GD Topics for Current Affairs
1. Sustainable Development Goals: India ranked 120th; Does Sustainable Development hampers Industrial Growth and Economy
3. Farm Laws Repealed: PM MODI withdraws the three farm laws
4. Coal Crisis in India: Key Facts, Reasons, How to Overcome?
5. Gati Shakti Master Plan: Will it Boost Economic Growth?
6. Central Vista Redevelopment: Beneficial for Future or Waste of Money
9. National Education Policy 2020 – Impact on Higher Education Sector
10. E-Learning: A substitute for Classroom Learning? Advantages and Disadvantages of Online Learning
11. Chinese App Banned in India – Pros and Cons
12. Lock Down: Will it check Coronavirus spread in India?
13. Citizenship (Amendment) Act 2019: What, Why, When and Whom; Relationship with NRC explained
14. Article 370 Abrogation: Correcting old folly or thrusting nationalistic agenda?
23. Delhi Air Pollution: Man made Crisis or fall out of industrialization?24. Chandrayaan 2: A failed mission or a stepping stone for future glory?
GD Topics 2023 for Business & Economy
Business & Economy Topics for GD 2023 include current trends in business and economy, major policy initiatives, latest business trends, and their impact globally and nationally.
List of GD Topics for Business & Economy
26. SUPER APP in India – Will TATA NEU work? Do customers want Integration or Decentralization
27. Russia Ukraine War: Reasons for Conflict & Impact on India
28. Facebook rebrands to Meta: Is Metaverse a revolutionary technology, or just hype?
29. Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC): Impact on Indian Financial System & Cryptocurrency
30. Air India Disinvestment by BJP Government & Acquisition by TATAs: Selling Family Silver or Saving Taxpayer’s Money
31. Economic Survey 2022 – Top Highlights
33. Crises and Emergencies – Triggers for big reforms?
34. Farm Bills 2020: Will it Break the Glass Ceiling?
35. Atmanirbhar Bharat: Will the Mission make India Self Reliant?
36. Are Stock Market and Economy not co-related?
37. Coronavirus third Wave: 'Black Swan' of Global Economy; How it Impacts India?
38. Bad Bank in India: Is it good solution to wipe off NPAs?
39. Union Budget 2022: Key Highlights, Analysis, Pros & Cons
40. Gig Economy: Statistics, Why is it growing, Pros & Cons, Impact of Covid 19
42. Facebook Reliance Jio Deal: Will it help to boost Business Growth in India?
43. Telecom Sector Trouble in India: Good or Bad for Economy
44. 5 Trillion Economy: The Vision, Challenges and Roadmap for India
60. RCEP Agreement: Right step for national interest or running away from competition?
61. National Logistics Policy: Will it Reduce Costs & Improve Competitiveness of India
Social Issues Topics for GD 2023
Top MBA Colleges are focusing on developing socially responsible MBAs. Hence, there is a greater emphasis on issues like gender and environment sensitivity, ethics etc.
List of Social Issues Topics for GD
62. Does India need a uniform civil code?
75. Gender bias in portraying Women in Advertisements
Abstract Topics for GD 2023
These are the topics which have multiple interpretations and candidates can show their creativity and smart thinking.
List of Abstract Topics for GD
82. Black or Grey
86. Water or Oxygen
95. Means or End
99. Brevity is the soul of wit
Latest GD Topics 2023 on International Current Affairs
The latest Group Discussion topics with answers are shared below
- Global Climate Crisis: India Leadership
- Is A Borderless World Practically Impossible?
- US Trade Policy: Is it creating World Trade War?
- TRUMP-KIM SUMMIT: Has it helped in De-Nuclearization to Instill World Peace?
- Hong Kong Protests: Rebel against China or pro-democracy fight?
- US China Trade Talks: A political drama or renegotiation of rules of game?
Past GD Topics in IIMs, XLRI, MDI and other Top B-schools
The Group Discussion Topics for Students shared below are the topics which appeared in the GD-WAT Rounds in top MBA colleges including IIMs. Experts advise that these Group Discussion Topics for Students should be gone through while preparing for GD round as it is expected that the Topics on similar lines could be placed in final selection process this year.
- Poverty in India: Facts, Causes, Effects, Solution -- IIMs
- Performance & Policies of Modi Regime -- IIMs
- Agriculture Role in India and Subsidies: Problems & Challenges -- IIMs
- Women Empowerment & Gender Justice: Addressing the Equality Challenges -- IIMs
- End of Globalization/ De-Globalization/ Nationalization -- IIM Bangalore, MDI Gurgaon, IIM Lucknow
- Climate Change/Pollution -- IIM Bangalore, IIM Trichy, TISS Mumbai
- Retirement Homes: Do advantages of living in them outweigh the disadvantages? -- TAPMI, IIM Indore
- Social Media: Impact on human behavior and society -- IIM Ranchi, IIM Ahmedabad
- Impact of technology on Jobs -- MDI Gurgaon, CAP process for New IIMs
- #Me too campaign -- IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Calcutta,
- Crypto Currency/ Bitcoin -- IMI Delhi
- Mars Mission for India Justified?-- MDI Gurgaon
- Shortage of Open Spaces and Playgrounds Lead to Negative Tendencies in Children --IIM Ahmedabad
- Knowledge is the biggest asset you can accumulate -- IIM Lucknow
- Is India ready for cashless Economy? -- IIFT
- Travelling: Helps in Generating Ideas and Experiential Learning -- CAP process for New IIMs
- Zero -- XLRI
- Death penalties for perpetrators of crime against women. Is it Justified? -- IIM Indore
Understand What is a Group Discussion or GD for MBA
Group Discussion or GD round is an important part of final selection process in top MBA colleges. GD is conducted to have a meaningful discussion on a given topic with the participants’ opinion on its pros and cons. The GD round in top B-schools, comprises a group of 8-10 candidates
The Group Discussion (GD) round in the final admission process for MBA/PGDM programmes in B-schools is a very important. It is an important testing tool of participants’ skills in following areas:
- Communication Skill
- Team Leadership
- Ability to Present views with Coherent Flow of Ideas
GD preparation tips by experts and toppers are shared to help the candidates in cracking the process. Group Discussion round in final selection process is conducted to assess your communication skill, depth of knowledge, leadership skill, how patiently you could be a part of team work and your confidence level while you are making a point and also acknowledging what others said. So, the key group discussion tips are to be more aware and effective speaker, as it will improve your chances to crack the GD round. Second, practice with your friends on the how to participate in a live GD. So, bookmark this page for your GD preparation.. Read more about Group Discussion Tips and How to Prepare.
GD Topics with Answers PDF
MBAUniverse.com experts have prepared GD topics with answers Pdf. This Group Discussion Pdf includes. GD Topics Business & Economy Download PDF; GD Topics National Current Affairs Download PDF; GD Topics Social Issues Download PDF; GD Abstract Topics Download PDF; GD International Topics Download PDF. This GD Topic PDF Download 2023 consists of 100 Topics with answers. So, click on the links at GD Topic PDF Download 2023 for Top GD Topics which are available for download for free.
GD topics for IIMs are usually different from that of XLRI admission as it uses Abstract Topics for GD. Group Discussion Topics for Students and the GD Topics for Placement are also similar.
We are continuously adding new topics and updating new developments in topics. All these GD topics 2023 are solved and linked to give you in depth understanding of the GD topic. More GD topics will be added soon. We have also researched Previous Years’GD Topics of IIMs and Non-IIMs and other MBA Admission process to help you in MBA GD Topics Preparation.