IIM Indore was the first IIM to launch the 5 year ‘Integrated Program in Management’, popularly known as IIM Indore IPM, in 2011. This was the first time any IIM opened its programs for undergraduate students. Following its success, many IIMs like IIM Rohtak, IIM Ranchi, IIM Jammu and IIM Bodh Gaya have also launched the IPM program. IIM Indore IPM admission 2021 will be done through IPMAT exam. IPMAT 2021 is a national level entrance test for IIM Indore IPM admission 2021 and will be held on June 14. Read this article for complete review of Curriculum, Fee and Admission Process for IIM Indore IPM.
After IIM Act 2017 came into force, IIM Indore decided that IPM participants would be awarded with Bachelor of Arts (Foundations of Management) and Master of Business Administration (under the Dual Degree Programme) on successful completion of 5 years IPM programme.
IIM Indore IPM Eligibility
IIM Indore IPM eligibility is aimed at students who have passed out of Class XII or Higher Secondary. It is positioned as a “unique and creative programme meant for young students with managerial and leadership aspirations.”
IIM Indore IPM Fees
IIM Indore IPM Fees can be divided into two parts:
- The IPM course fee for the first three years is Rs. 4,00,000 per annum.
- Course fee for the fourth and fifth years would be same as per prevailing PGP/MBA fees. Currently this is Rs 800,000 per annum.
- Hence, Total fee for IIM Indore IPM Program is approximately Rs 28,00,000.
IIM Indore IPM Fees include lodging, access to lectures, internet facilities and library. Accommodation is arranged on sharing basis for the first three years of IPM. Single room accommodation would be made available for the fourth and fifth years of the Programme.
There is a Need based Financial Assistance provided to the students. Candidates with annual family income below Rs9,00,000 are eligible to apply for financial aid. The top academic performer in IPM 4th year will receive a Scholarship of Rs. 1.5 lakh.
IIM Indore IPM Total Seats
IIM Indore IPM total seats as per the sanctioned intake for 5 year IPM programme for Indian applicants are 150.
IIM Indore IPM Selection Process
Getting into this IPM program is not easy! IIM Indore IPM selection process is rigorous and includes these steps:
- Application Form: Filling in and submission of application online is the first step in IIM Indore IPM admission process. An application form aimed at understanding the students’ proficiency in academics, as well as in co-curricular activities needs to be filled up.
- Entrance Exam: The second step in IIM Indore IPM admission process is to appear in IPM AT entrance exam. All eligible students need to take the IPMAT entrance examination which tests the applicant’s aptitude, logical reasoning and proficiency in English and Mathematics.
- PI WAT Round: This is the final step in IIM Indore IPM admission process. All the shortlisted candidates must appear for Written Ability Test (WA) & Personal Interview (PI). The interview panel comprises well–qualified professors from IIM Indore and other prestigious institutions. The interview judges the students’ level of confidence, communication skills, general awareness, persuasion skills and knowledge.
IIM Indore IPM Admission 2021 - Important Dates & Timelines
Based on last year’s trends, here are the IIM Indore IPM Important Dates & Timelines for IPM admission 2021.
IIM Indore IPM Admission 2021 Activity
Likely IIM Indore IPM Important Dates
Notification Release for IIM Indore IPM admission process
February 2021 (Last Week)
Online application submission
February to April 2021
IPM Aptitude Test (IPM AT)
Monday, June 14, 2021
Announcement of call for Personal Interviews
Announcement of Provisional Admissions
Offers for IPM 2021-27 batch
Note: IIM Indore is yet to announce admission dates. Above dates are tentative and based on past year’s trends.
IIM Indore IPM Placements
IIM Indore IPM Placements are at par with IIM Indore MBA programmes. After completing first three years of education, IPM students are mixed with freshly admitted students for the 2-year MBA program. Their classes, curriculum and placements are common and same as other MBA students.
IIM Indore IPM placements are quite good. Wrapping up the final placement for MBA 2018-20 batch and 5 year IPM batch, IIM Indore secured 100% placement in 2020 yet again. IIM Indore recorded a sharp increase of 23.5% in highest domestic placement package in 2020 which is up at Rs.50 LPA from Rs.40.5 LPA last year while average salary for the large batch of 578 students has gone up to Rs. 22.92 LPA from Rs. 20.79 LPA last year. Read more.
IIM Indore IPM Curriculum Design
IIM Indore IPM Programme consists of 15 terms spread over a period of 5 years, with each year having 3 terms of 3 months. Broadly speaking, IPM course has two parts. The first three years build a foundation, and the last two years focus on management. The foundation has three major elements:
- Courses in Mathematics, Statistics and Economics build analytical rigour.
- Courses in Psychology, Sociology and Political Science along with courses in Economics provide an understanding of the core disciplines on which the study of management is based.
- Courses in Humanities, Literature and Fine Arts provide breadth and perspective.
After 3 years of intensive study of foundational disciplines, the IPM students train as managers along with the students of the Institute’s 2-year Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGP), which in equivalent to MBA programme, undertaking the same course package in management studies in years 4 and 5.
Courses Offered in First 3 Years
Mathematics, Statistics, Economics
- Foundation Courses in Maths & Statistics
- Game Theory
- Mathematical Modelling
- Micro and Macro-economics
- Indian Economy
- International Trade
Psychology, Sociology, Political Science, Foundations of Management
- Introduction to Sociology & Psychology
- Business, Government and Society
- Business History
- Principles of Management
- Languages: English, French, Spanish, German
- Communication & Presentation Skills
- Dance, Music, Drama
Courses Offered at PGP Level
This is same as PGP Curriculum covering:
- Finance & Accounting
- Humanities & Social Sciences
- Information Systems
- OB & HR
- Operations Management & Quantitative Techniques
- Rural Immersion Programme
- Himalaya Outbound Programme
- Industry Visit Workshop
- Other Optional Workshops
Internships are a key part of management education. IPM students are required to complete a social internship at the end of year 2, and a business internship between years 4 and 5.
We hope this article has given you insights into IIM Indore IPM Program and Admission 2021.
Stay tuned to MBAUniverse.com for more updates on IIM Indore 5 Year IPM Programme