Distance MBA is now duly approved course by University Grants Commission (UGC). The UGC (Online Courses) Regulations, 2018, has announced on May 24, 2018 that higher educational institutions can offer the distance learning online degree , diploma and certificate courses at par with their regular classroom programmes.
Institutions who have been offering such courses, duly approved by the statutory authority, at the undergraduate level as regular classroom programmes, or as open and distance learning programmes, and where at least one batch has graduated, are eligible to offer distance learning programmes. Such online Distance learning programmes require a minimum National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) score of 3.26 on the 4-point scale.
If you are looking for Distance MBA courses, there are hundreds of MBA colleges offering Distance MBA in India. But, there are only very few that offer good value for your time and effort. This article by MBAUniverse.com experts will help you decide which Distance MBA Program to select.
What is Distance MBA?
Distance MBA course is a flexible and affordable Government recognized MBA programme which does not require you to attend regular daily classes. So, if you are unable to pursue full time MBA for lack of time or due to high cost, Distance MBA Education is a good option. The Top Distance MBA colleges in India offer offline Correspondence MBA, Online MBA or a combination of two in Distance Learning mode. Distance education, including Distance MBA, is controlled by University Grants Commission (UGC) which is working to improve the quality and better governance in this sector.
Types of Distance MBA Colleges
Ministry of HRD, Government of India, has recognized six types of institutions to offer Distance Education and Distance MBA in India:
1. Distance MBA offered by National Open University or IGNOU
2. Distance MBA offered by State Open Universities
3. Distance Education Institutions (DEIs) at Institutions of National Importance
- Central Universities
- State Universities
- Deemed to be Universities
- State Private Universities
4. Distance MBA offered by DEIs at stand-alone Institutions
- Professional Associations
- Government Institutions
- Private institutions
Best Distance MBA Colleges in India
Some of the best Distance MBA colleges in India are:
- NMIMS Global Access School for Continuing Education
- Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning (SCDL)
- IMT-Centre for Distance Learning (IMT-CDL) Ghaziabad
- Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)
- Sikkim Manipal University- Distance Education, Sikkim.....Read More
MBA/PGDM Admissions 2020: Application Deadline closing soon | Apply Now! XIME KOCHI, Admission PGDM 2020-22 EMPI New Delhi PGDM Admissions 2020 Birla Global University, Bhubaneswar Nalanda University MBA in Bihar Admission 2020 JKBS Gurgaon, PGDM Admission 2020
Key Benefits of Distance MBA
If you are still having doubts, Distance MBA Programs offers a lot of benefits and advantages for students and working professionals. Key benefits are:
- Effective Time Management: Distance MBA offers flexibility of time and pace over regular MBA. It is well suited for people, who due to time, money or other constraints cannot afford to do full time MBA.
- Power of education technology, direct to your home: Distance MBA education has greatly benefited from the rise of communication and education technology. Even premier Universities and B-schools such as MIT and Harvard Business School use education technology to deliver programs across the world. Further, MOOCs and platforms such as Coursera, Edex and Udacity have removed the stigma associated with distance education.
- Cost effective Option: One of the biggest advantages of the Distance MBA programmes is its low fee structure. While a regular MBA can cost you anywhere in between 5-15 Lakhs, good Distance MBA Programs fee ranges from Rs 75,000 to Rs 1.5 lakhs.
- Industry relevant curriculum: Best Distance MBA institutes like NMIMS University, Symbiosis Center for Distance Learning and IMT CDL are well aware of changing business environment and hence offer an updated and industry relevant curriculum to the students.
- Recognized by Regulatory Bodies: Distance MBA offered by recognized MBA colleges are approved by UGC’s Distance Education Bureau (DEB). You can check about the status of approval of any distance MBA program by visiting DEB website.
Distance MBA Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility for Distance MBA varies according to the institute and duration of the program. However, the common 2 year Distance MBA Eligibility Criteria are:
- Bachelor’s degree/ graduation from a recognized University
- A valid score in any of MBA entrance exam like State Level MBA/ MMS-CET/ MAT/ CMAT/ CAT/ ATMA/ XAT or equivalent management entrance test.
- Some colleges conduct their own entrance test if you don’t have any other test score
- Work Experience is preferred, but it is not an essential requirement
There are hundreds of MBA colleges offering Distance MBA in India. But, there are only very few top distance leading management colleges that offer good value. Best Distance MBA colleges have a few common features: Recognition by UGC, good Brand name, Update curriculum and affordable fee....Read more
While deciding on which Distance MBA college or university to select, Distance MBA Fee is an important parameter. Distance MBA Fee varies based on brand name of the college and duration of the program.
Distance MBA Fee varies from Rs 50,000 to 1.5 Lakhs for top distance MBA colleges in India. Distance MBA Courses Fee is lower for government universities like Anna University and higher for private university like NMIMS or Symbiosis.....Read more