IIM Ranchi is releasing its shortlist for 5 year IPM admission 2022 shortly as the result for IIM Indore IPMAT exam 2022 has been released. The final selection process consists of PI round for the shortlisted candidates based on IPMAT score.
IIM Ranchi joined IIM Indore and IIM Rohtak, following the success of 5 year Integrated Programme in Management and had launched multidisciplinary IPM programme with integrated BBA+MBA degree in 2021. The IPM 2022-27 is the second batch and the admission is based on IIM Indore IPMAT 2022 exam which was conducted on July 2, 2022.
IIM Ranchi is the fifth IIM to enter the Undergraduate management education segment. IIM Ranchi has an intake of 120 IPM Seats. Application process for IPMAT is closed now as the last date to apply was June 2, 2022. IIM Ranchi will also accept SAT exam score.
Highlighting the programme USPs, Prof. Pradip Kumar Bala, Director in-charge, IIM Ranchi said, “Continuing on the preeminent path, I am pleased to introduce and offer the Integrated Program in Management (IPM) here at IIM Ranchi. Our program is unique in several ways. It has a multidisciplinary foundation. The first four terms will expose you to knowledge borrowed from humanities, social sciences, arts, mathematics, and natural sciences. In the rest of the program in the first three years, you will learn from the various business disciplines, i.e., management, marketing, accounting, finance, information systems, economics, operations, and strategy. All of this will lay a solid base on which the MBA program will build and prepare you for the world of business and give you the tools to succeed and excel.”
Table of Contents
- What is IIM Ranchi IPM?
- IIM Ranchi IPM: Key Highlights & USPs
- IIM Ranchi IPM Program: Academic Structure
- IIM Ranchi IPM Fees
- IIM Ranchi IPM Eligibility Criteria
- IIM Ranchi IPM Seats
- IIM Ranchi IPM Admission Process 2022
- IIM Ranchi IPM Important Dates
1. What is IIM Ranchi IPM?
Five Year Integrated Programme in Management (IPM) offered by IIM Ranchi, is a Dual Degree Programme for Young Students. IPM is a combination of 3 years undergraduate degree + 2 years MBA degree programme. The programme is meant for young students who have passed class 12 and have managerial and leadership aspirations. IPM carries the IIM Ranchi brand ensuring good career growth in management career. After 3 years of study schedule, the IPM students become the part of IIM Ranchi MBA batch leading to high placements.
IIM Ranchi 5 Year Integrated Program in Management also offers exit option after completion of 3 years with bachelor’s degree - Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA). Those who continue for next two years also and complete the 5 year IPM programme are awarded Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree by IIM Ranchi. The IPM Placements at IIM Ranchi will be conducted alongwith its MBA programme.
2. IIM Ranchi IPM: Key Highlights & USPs
Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Ranchi is the second generation IIM set up in 2010 and has grown up to one of the top B-schools in India. The Key highlights and USPs of IIM Ranchi are:
- 2.1 Highly Ranked: IIM Ranchi is ranked # 21 in Govt. of India MHRD NIRF Ranking 2021 and # 16 in MBAUniverse.com Ranking 2022 among top 100 Management institutes.
- 2.2 Awards Degree instead of Diploma: IIM Ranchi is now empowered with the legal authority to award MBA degree for its Post Graduate Programmes in Management instead of diploma
- 2.3 IIM Ranchi IPM Fees: IIM Ranchi IPM 2022-27 fee is Rs.33.50 lakhs. IIM Ranchi IPM Placements: The 1st IPM Batch at IIM Ranchi will pass out in 2026. However, IIM Ranchi has a consistent record of strong MBA placements. Average salary in Placement 2022 was Rs. 16.17 LPA and highest domestic salary was Rs.32.21 LPA.
- 2.4 Top Recruiters: IIM Ranchi is a favourite placement destination for top companies. Top recruiters in Placement 2022 included Accenture, Asian Paints, Airtel, Dell, Godrej, Deloitte, J P Morgan, L&T, Cognizant, EY, Flipkart, KPMG, HSBC, Aditya Birla, Tata Steel, Gail, DE Shaw, Capgemini, ONGC
- 2.5 International Exchange: IIM Ranchi has student exchange tie-ups with ten top business schools across the globe. The Partner B-schools are located in USA, France, Greece, South Korea, Russia, Taiwan, Thailand, Bangladesh.
- 2.6 Accomplished Faculty: IIM Ranchi has well-qualified internal faculty complemented by carefully selected adjunct faculty with considerable industry or domain expertise.
3. IIM Ranchi IPM Program: Academic Structure
According to IIM Ranchi, the 5 year integrated programme in management is designed to provide a multidisciplinary foundation borrowing from humanities, social sciences, arts, and sciences. The program’s cross-disciplinary business core builds on such a foundation.
“IPM comprehensively covers management, marketing, accounting, finance, economics, information systems, data science, and strategic management. Lectures, classroom discussions, experiential lessons, case analyses, simulations, group projects, internships, and mentorships create a learning environment that is active and immersive,” says IIM Ranchi.
Additionally, the IIM Ranchi 5-Year Integrated Programme (IPM) offers life-skill courses that focus on their holistic development as professionally and socially responsible individuals. Students will get the opportunity to learn and grow in a premier business school and develop capabilities that send signals to the marketplace.
4. IIM Ranchi IPM Fees
The total IIM Ranchi IPM fees for the first three years of the program will be around INR 16 Lakhs. The IPM fees for the next two years will be equal to the MBA program fees set for that year. The present MBA Fees at IIM Ranchi is Rs.17.50 lakhs. Accordingly total IPM Fees at IIM Ranchi is Rs.33.50 lakhs. These fees do not include hostel room rent and mess charges.
5. IIM Ranchi IPM Eligibility Criteria
Key requirements in IIM Ranchi IPM eligibility criteria 2022 are:
- Candidates should have passed the 10th standard/Secondary/SSC Examination and the 12th standard/Higher Secondary/HSC Examination (or equivalent) with 60% (55% for candidates from SC/ST/PwD) or more marks
- The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate in the 10th and the 12th standard would be calculated based on the Board’s regulations.
- There will not be any age limit for the applicants in IIM Ranchi IPM 2022 eligibility
- There are some relaxations for SC/ST candidates in IIM Ranchi IPM Eligibility criteria
- Candidates appearing in class 12 or waiting for result can also apply
6. IIM Ranchi IPM Seats
The intake for IIM Ranchi IPM 2022-27 batch would be 120 seats. Reservation would be applicable as per GoI regulations after meeting the minimum IIM Ranchi IPM eligibility criteria.
7. IIM Ranchi IPM Admission 2022
IIM Ranchi IPM Admission 2022 will be based on IPMAT 2022 exam scores, a written ability test, a personal interview, and overall academic performance at the secondary and the higher secondary levels. Applicants are required to take the IPMAT which has been conducted by IIM Indore on July 2, 2022 as a computer based test. Application process for IPM AT 2022 was open till May 25, 2022. Read More
IIM Ranchi IPM BBA Admission 2022 will also be based on Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) score which is conducted five times in a calendar year and has a higher application fee. Traditionally, it is held in March, May, August, October, and December. SAT is held in over 70 cities and 73 test centers in India. Students can appear for the SAT multiple times.
IIM Ranchi IPM Admission 2022 application process is entirely online. The application fee for IIM Ranchi Integrated Programme in Management is INR 2000 (INR 1000 for applicants belonging to the reserved categories).
7.1 Stagewise IIM Ranchi IPM Admission 2022 Process
IIM Ranchi IPM Admission Process for its 5-Year Integrated Programme is completed in four stages as under:
- Stage 1 – Completed Applications reviewed
- Stage 2 - Candidates shortlisted based on IPMAT score/SAT score, invited for Personal Interview (PI)
- Stage 3 –Personal Interview (PI)
- Stage 4 - Final candidates shortlisted for admission 2022
8. IIM Ranchi IPM Admission 2022 Important Dates
Admission Process Start Date
After IPMAT Result Release
Deadline for applying to the IIM Ranchi IPM
June 2, 2022
Program commencement dates
8.1 Exit option after 3 years of IIM Ranchi 5-Year Integrated Programme
Candidates can exit the IIM Ranchi Integrated Programme in Management with a BBA degree after 3 years on successful completion of all the course requirements.
Established in December 2009 by Government of India, Indian Institute of Management Ranchi is the 9th in IIM family. It was the first IIM to offer a specialized PGDHRM course. IIM Ranchi currently offers a 2 year PGDM in General management and 2 year fulltime programme on Human Resources Management (PGDHRM), Fellow Program in Management and 18 month part time Diploma in Management (PGEXP). IIM Ranchi has also launched a certified Barefoot Manager program to promote entrepreneurship and to impart livelihood skills among the school drop outs and illiterates. IIM Ranchi has emerged as one of the fastest growing IIMs with a combined strength of 500 students in various programs..
Stay tuned to MBAUniverse.com for more updates on IIM Ranchi IPM Programme