CAT 2020 Registration: Key Dates, Process, Fee, Documents for upload, Registration Website
CAT 2020 Registration process has started from 10 AM on August 5 at official CAT exam website iimcat.ac.in. The Last Date to Register for CAT exam is September 16 till 5 PM. All the candidates who register for CAT 2020 during this period will be treated at par in allotment of test centre and test slot. On behalf of all 20 IIMs, IIM Indore is conducting CAT 2020 on November 29, 2020. Around 2,50,000 candidates are expected to register for CAT 2020. Last year 2.44 Lakh candidates had registered for CAT exam.
To help the CAT 2020 aspirants to complete CAT registration and submit the application error free, CAT Centre 2020 is also releasing CAT 2020 Registration Guide and CAT registration video with key instructions and do's & don'ts. This MBAUniverse.com article explains the CAT Registration Process and help you Register for CAT 2020 in simple easy steps. You can check actual CAT Registration Form, Data required, How to pay CAT Registration Fee, How to rectify CAT Registration errors and other important guidelines So, read on!
CAT Registration 2020: 5 Key aspirant friendly Features
CAT 2020 Registration is the first and mandatory step to appear in CAT exam 2020 for MBA admission in 20 IIMs and other top MBA colleges. Note down these important features in CAT 2020 registration process introduced by IIM Indore:
- You can choose Six Test Cities, in order of
preference, to take your CAT exam 2020
- Your work experience will be calculated in days in the application form and not in months for the first time
- CAT Registration is completely online process, to be completed on Official IIM CAT 2020 website
- The CAT 2020 Registration Fee is Rs.2000. It includes IIM application Fee and CAT exam fee. You do not have to pay any other fee for applying to 20 IIMs!
- It is advisable to register and apply for CAT 2020 much before the last date as during the last days of CAT registration, some technical glitches are expected.
CAT Registration Dates
CAT 2020 Online Registration Activity
CAT Registration Start date
August 5, 2020
CAT Registration Last Date
September 16, 2020
Closing time on last date to fill CAT form 2020
CAT Registration Fee
CAT 2020 Registration Last Date with late fee
Source: IIM CAT 2020 Website
Important: Read more top articles on CAT 2020
CAT Registration Fee 2020
Registration fee for CAT 2020 is Rs.2000 only. It includes IIM application Fee and CAT exam fee. You do not have to pay any other fee for applying to 20 IIMs! More details follow.
CAT Registration 2020: Admission Opportunity in 20 IIMs
By completing your CAT registration 2020 and appearing in the exam, you become eligible to be considered in all the following 20 IIMs for admission 2021 final selection process:
In addition to 20 IIMs, more than 500 B-schools including FMS Delhi, SPJIMR Mumbai, MDI Gurgaon, IMI New Delhi, IMT Ghaziabad, Management Departments of IIT Delhi, Mumbai, Madras, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Roorkee, JBIMS Mumbai accept CAT scores. Check list of Top MBA Colleges Accepting CAT. So, successful CAT Registration is the first and important step to get into IIMs and Top B-schools in India.
CAT 2020 Registration guide is released by IIM Indore on August 4, 2020 in late evening hours before the CAT 2020 online registration process starts at 10 AM on August 5, at iimcat.ac.in to help the CAT 2020 applicants to fill and submit CAT registration & Application form.
CAT Registration guide 2020 comprises all the key details how to register and how to fill CAT 2020 application form, important instructions and do’s & don’ts that you should adhere to while filling in your CAT registration and application form.
How to Register & Apply for CAT 2020
Now, coming to the most important point -- how should you Register for CAT 2020. CAT Registration steps are simple and can be completed easily following this step by step guide:
1. Login to CAT website iimcat.ac.in and Create Profile
2. Fill in the CAT Registration Form in following steps
2.1 Fill in Personal Details in Application Form
2.2 Submit Academic Details from Class 10 onwards
2.3 Fill in your Work Experience
2.4 Select IIMs&Programmes that you wish to apply
2.5 Select your SixPreferred CAT Exam Cities
3. Make Online payment of Registration Fee
Isn’t that simple! Refer image below. We will take you step by step and give you all the details soon.
Before we start Step by Step Guide, take note of these important guidelines:
8 Important Guidelines for CAT Registration 2020
- Keep the entire information like academic details, scanned photo & signature images,registration fee payment instruments ready before filling up the CAT registration & application form
- After receiving CAT ID and Password do not copy paste it to login and filling up application form as it may give mismatch message. Better to write it in the given spaces
- Move carefully to fill your CAT registration form as given in the step by step process below
- It takes half an hour to complete CAT registration and application form. However, you may complete it in parts also. Please ensure to save the application part that you have completed.
- You will not be allowed to move further on CAT registration form, if mandatory information is not filled up.
- Wherever needed, required Certificates, scanned images of photographs, signature are to be uploaded, else your CAT registration will remain incomplete
- If you forget your password during the CAT online registration process, you may click on the Forgot Password button on the Existing User login window. The new password will be sent on the email to you, and not as an SMS.
- Once you have made payment of CAT registration fee and submit the application, you will receive a confirmation mail. After this, changes to any information on the application form are not possible.
10 Documents Required for CAT Online Registration
Before you start CAT Registration, remember to organize these 10 key documents required to complete registration process:
- Documents related to your Educational history from class 10 onwards
- Mark sheets – Class-10
- Mark Sheet – Class 12th
- Mark sheet – Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma
- Final Year Certificate from the HoD/Principal (If in final year of bachelor’s degree) also previous year mark sheet
- Work experience Document, if any
- Applicable Certificates to upload (Category/Affidavits)
- Scanned images of your passport size photo and signature. See detail below.
- Keep Ready the list of the IIM programmes to which you wish to apply, before you fill in the application form.
- Keep ready the Registration fee payment instruments like Debit/Credit cards, Net banking.
CAT Exam 2020 Registration: Step by Step Process
So are you ready to register for CAT 2020! Once Registration Process is open on August 5, Registration and Application Form can be completed in following steps:
Step1: Login to CAT website iimcat.ac.in to Create your Profile
First step is to visit CAT 2020 Website -- IIMCAT.ac.in. Look for section that says ‘New Candidate Registration’. You need to click this button toRegister as New User. Once you click ‘Register’, a new page titled ‘Register to get User ID and Password’ page will open.
Image 1: New Candidate Registration Button
Step-1.1: Register to Get User ID & Password
On ‘Register to get User ID and Password’ Page (see image below), enter your Name, Date of Birth, Email, Country, and Mobile Number. Then, click ‘Generate OTP’ button. You will get one-time OTP that you can use to login to CAT 2020 main Application Form. You also need to check ‘I agree’ box in Declaration section. Refer image 1.1 below.
Image 1.1: ‘Register to get User ID and Password’
Step-2: Complete CAT 2020 Application Form in Steps as below:
Once you have completed Step 1 as above and have logged in at 'Registered candidate login' window on iimcat.ac.in, you will be directed to fill in the details in your CAT application as in steps below.
Step-2.1: Fill in Personal Details in Application Form
First, fill your personal details like parents' name, gender, category, nationality, communication address among others. Then, you also need to upload your Photograph, Signature and Caste Certificate.
Step-2.2: Fill in Academic Details from Class 10 onwards
After filling your Personal Details, next you will be directed to fill in all your academics beginning from Class 10 onwards like exam taken, Board/University, marks obtained, maximum marks, percentage of marks among others. The details of professional degree, if any are to be entered on this page.
Step-2.3: Fill the Work Experience obtained after Graduation
After filling your Academic Details, next page that opens is for work experience. If you are a candidate with work experience that you have earned after graduation, enter your experience in months as on 31st July 2020. Select which all industries (like Banking, Auto, IT…) you have worked and enter months of employment.
Step-2.4: Select IIM Programmes & Interview Cities
This page requires you to select preferred Programmes offered by 20 IIMs. It is advisable to check your eligibility and then choose the programmes for which you are eligible. For example, if you are eligible for IIM Ahmedabad PGP programme, you may not be eligible for its FABM or executive programmes. So,Select the best IIM programmes and then select the IIM Interview City for that programme from the respective drop down menu.
Step-2.5: Select 6 preferred CAT Exam Cities
This is very important section of CAT application. There are 156 test cities for CAT 2020 exam. Candidates can choose 6 preferred test cities in order of preference to appear in CAT 2020. The choice of test cities should be made with utmost care to save on travel time, accessibility and in the manner that if you are not assigned 1st preferred city, other selected cities should also not be far off.
Step-3: Make payment online for registration Fee
Payment of registration fee is the last step while completing your Registration & Application form. The payment is to be made online. A General / NC-OBC candidate needs to pay Rs.2000 while an SC/ST/PWD candidate will pay Rs.1000 towards the registration & examination fee. The final amount will also include applicable additional charges.
CAT website accepts credit cards, debit cards and net banking, so make sure that you are making payment through one of them
How to Avoid mistake in Registration Process? 10 Points for Error Free Application Submission
Before you register and apply for CAT 2020, please note the following to successfully complete your registration and application form:
- Carefully enter all the personal details in CAT 2020 registration form, no correction is allowed later
- Review all the details you have entered on each page
- Please upload correct size of scanned images of your photograph & signature
- Download the EWS, NC-OBC, SC/ST, PwD Certificates from the CAT website, enter the required information and self-attest, scan as PDF documents & upload the certificates on the CAT website
- If you are a Person with Disability (PwD), Select yes in the Registration form, else you may not be provided assistance at the test centre like wheel chair support and Scribe
- If you need to use a Scribe for the test, arrange the Scribe and fill the Scribe Affidavit form available on the CAT website.
- After you submit the Registration form and make payment, no Editing is allowed, so be careful
- IIMs may open 2-3 days Registration form Editing window after the last date is over. During the period you may re-upload your right size photograph, may edit a few details but no correction in Personal Details will be allowed
- Check that your registration & application form is successfully submitted and you have received the SMS from CAT Exam Centre after form submission
- In case you have made a mistake in the registration form, you must register again with a new email ID. Your CAT 2020 application will be considered for the latest registration and the Admit Card will be issued for the same. Please note that, you will not receive a refund for erroneous submission of application form nor will you get the Admit Card for your earlier registration.
CAT 2020 Registration Process: 5 Major Changes
Compared to previous years, important changes in Registration 2020 have been introduced by IIM Indore:
- CAT 2020 Registration window is reduced to 43 days from 52 days last year
- An increase of Rs.100/- is made in CAT 2020 registration fee which has gone upto Rs.2000
- The choice of test cities for Delhi NCR candidates in registration is now split into individual test cities like NOIDA, Ghaziabad, Faridabad among others as against one Delhi NCR test city which existed earlier.
- The CAT 2020 applicants can choose separate 6 preferred CAT test cities as against 4 last year
- Your work experience earned after graduation will be calculated in days in CAT 2020 instead of months as was in previous years
CAT Registration Trends
CAT exam registrations have crossed 2.44 lakh candidates last year. The number has been going up consistently. Number of candidates registering for CAT during last ten years are shared below:
How to select Correct Photos for CAT Registration:
Check that you upload photograph as per the IIMs' prescribed criteria detailed as under to avoid rejection of your registration and application Form
CAT Registration Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. What is the CAT 2020 Registration start date?
Ans. CAT Registration process starts on August 5, 2020.
Q. What is the CAT 2020 registration fee?
Ans. CAT exam registration fee is Rs.2000/- for General category and Rs.1000/- for SC/ST category
Q. I am married and have changed my name after marriage. I am appearing in CAT for the first time which name I should enter in the CAT registration form – Changed Name or as per the degree certificate?
Ans. Please enter your changed name. Provide the supporting documents for change of name at the time of examination, interview and admission.
Q. I have not received the CAT Registration Password although the registration was successful and registration fee has been paid. What to do now?
Ans. Click on the Forgot User ID/Password option on the Existing User login page. You will be prompted to enter your registered Email ID and a Captcha string. You will get your new password on your registered email address but not by SMS.
Q. If I apply for CAT after 5 PM on the last date of CAT registration, can I get successful registration message from IIMs?
Ans. No, you should complete your CAT registration process before 5 PM. Usually IIMs close the CAT registration process but in case of any technical glitches it may remain open for few hours more. However, the move is fraught with risk chances
Q. Can I apply for CAT 2020 in offline mode also?
Ans. No, you can submit only online application for CAT 2020
Q. Is it possible to amend mistake in CAT 2020 registration after form submission?
Ans. After submitting the CAT 2020 online application it is not possible to rectify the errors. You will have to re-register.
Q. Can my score in Masters degree compensate for bachelors degree low score? I scored 76% in Masters but 49% in graduation, can I appear in CAT 2020?
Ans. No, you cannot, you need minimum 50% marks in graduation to appear in CAT 2020 if you are a general category candidate.
Q. What is the size and type of Photograph & signature to be uploaded on CAT 2020 application form?
Ans. The scanned image of your passport photo must be within the dimensions of 30mm X 45mm and for signature the dimensions are 80mm X 35mm.
Q. If I already have a category certificate, can I upload it on CAT 2020 application form or I need a new one?
Ans. If you already have a certificate that fulfils the prescribed criteria, you may upload the same.
Q. I was awarded only grades but not percentage of marks in academics? How should I fill it in CAT registration form?
Ans. You should obtain a certificate from the Board/Institute/University specifying the equivalent marks which should be used for filling the online CAT 2020 application form
Q. I have work experience in the Accounts & finance section of an Automobile company, what should I fill in the application form as the area of work experience - Finance or Automobile?
Ans. Your area of work experience is Finance but the type of company is Automobile. The work experience is to be entered in months till July 31, 2020
Q.I am EWS category candidate. What is the fee I need to pay for CAT 2020 apply online?
Ans.The CAT registration fee 2019 for General, EWS, NC-OBC candidates is Rs.1900 which is the fee for CAT 2019 apply online
Q. What is the minimum percentage of marks required from EWS category candidate in graduation? I scored 49% in the Bachelor’s degree and am EWS candidate, am I eligible to apply online for CAT 2020?
Ans.No, an EWS category candidate must have scored minimum 50% marks in graduation to become eligible for CAT 2019 apply online.
Q.If there remains some mistake in CAT application form, how can I amend it?
Ans.After submitting the CAT online application it is not possible to rectify the errors. Either you have to re-register or wait for the 1-2 days limited time window to be opened by IIMs for error correction. The error correction window is expected to open after the close of CAT registration process.
Q. How to ensure that all the details that I entered in CAT 2019 registration and application form are correct?
Ans. Do not forget to preview all the pages of CAT 2019 application form before submission
Important: Read more top articles on CAT 2020