After the close of CAT 2019 registration process, IIM Kozhikode is ready to release the CAT 2019 Admit Card for the 2.44 lakh candidates who have registered for CAT this year. The CAT Admit Card Download process is the most important activity for the CAT aspirants as you have to carry the hard copy of cAT Admit card with your passport size photoaffixed on it to the CAT exam centre on November 24, 2019.
With CAT registrations crossing 2.44 lakh candidates for CAT 2019, the number has gone up by 3000 more candidates registered for CAT over last year. Sharing the number of candidates registered and applied for CAT 2019, Prof. Shubhasis Dey, faculty at IIM Kozhikode and Convener, CAT 2019, had informed on September 27, 2019 that CAT 2019 registration numbers crossed the CAT 2018 registration numbers by about 3000 candidates. The total applicant count as on the CAT 2019 registration final deadline of September 25, 2019, 5:00 PM stood at 244,169.
After Close of CAT Registration 2019 on September 25 at 5 PM, the CAT 2019 Error Correction Window was opened from September 28 by IIM Kozhikode to help the CAT 2019 aspirants edit the specific errors in CAT Registration form, particularly in photograph and signature upload.
CAT Error Edit Option Opened on September 28
The CAT 2019 error correction window to edit CAT application form details was open from 10 AM on September 28, 2019 for three days.
Last Date for CAT Error Correction in Application Form: September 30
The last date to Edit the CAT Registration Form errors, was September 30, 2019 till 5 PM.
Announcing the opening of CAT Edit Option window for limited period to rectify the errors in uploading the photograph and signature in CAT application form, IIM Kozhikode clarified, “CAT 2019 applicants can edit their Photograph and Signature from September 28, 10.00 AM to September 30, 5.00 PM”
CAT 2019 Application Form Edit Option: Type of Errors You could Edit
Following type of CAT application form 2019 mistakes could be edited during the limited period availability of CAT Error Correction Window from September 28, 2019 to September 30, 2019 till 5 PM.
CAT Error Edit Option for Photograph Upload
Following type of errors in photograph upload can be edited during the CAT error edit option window:
- Upload Photograph of specified size with the dimensions 35mm X 45mm with maximum file size of 80KB
- Upload Fresh photograph, if the already uploaded photograph is blurred
- Upload High Resolution Photograph of minimum150px
- Upload most recent photograph not more than 6 months old
- If the already uploaded photograph has side face, replace & upload with front face photograph
- Upload Head & Shoulder colour photograph with white/off-white back ground
- Upload only JPEG/JPG file format photograph
- You need to paste same photograph on CAT admit card as you have uploaded on the CAT application form
CAT Error Edit Option for Signature Upload
Following types of errors in Signature upload can be edited during the CAT error edit option window:
- Upload scanned image of your signature of specified size with the dimensions 1000mm X 35mm with maximum file size of 80KB
- Upload Fresh signature image, if the already uploaded scanned signature is not correct
- Upload clear signature image taken on white paper in black/blue ink
- Upload signature of minimum150px
- Upload only JPEG/JPG file format signature image
Errors With No Edit option
You cannot edit certain personal details like Name, Date of Birth, email id, mobile number in the CAT 2019 application form. If you have made a mistake in these details, the best way is to contact CAT 2019 help desk and get the solution from them.
Edit option available only once
CAT 2019 test takers can correct the errors in their application form only once till they submit their application form after editing the errors during the limited period error correction window.
The last date to apply for CAT Registration 2019 has been closed on September 25, 2019 at 5 PM. No further extension in the last date of CAT 2019 registration was given by IIM Kozhikode. Earlier IIM Kozhikode had extended the last date of CAT registration from September 18 to 25, 2019 citing the natural calamity in many parts of India as the major reason. It has been reported that the last minute rush for CAT 2019 exam registration had remained high due to which many applicants had to face the slow process in finalizing their registration. mbAUniverse.com had already advised the candidates to avoid the last minute rush and complete their registration well in time without waiting for last minute.
Longer Process: Be Careful
A bit long CAT 2019 Registration and application completion process requires you first to register as new user, verify your OTP password and then move to fill in your CAT application form pages with your registered ID and password followed by online payment of CAT registration fee. In case the application form is not properly filled in and submitted at the last minute of CAT registration or the CAT registration online fee payment is stuck in transit, you will have to register and apply again. It is advisable to complete your CAT Registration 2019 as early as possible without waiting for last minute.
CAT Registration 2019 last date was extended upto September 25, 2019 by IIM Kozhikode. As shared in the media release dated September 17 of IIM Kozhikode, Prof. Shubhasis Dey, Convener CAT 2019 and faculty at IIM Kozhikode stated that the natural calamities had caused disruption and due to the difficulties faced by the candidates IIMs have decided to extend the last date for CAT 2019 registration to September 25, 2019 till 5 P.M.
Media Release for CAT 2019
September 17, 2019, Kozhikode: In response to disruptions caused by natural calamities during the Common Admission Test 2019 (CAT 2019) registration period and the continuing difficulty of candidates to procure the necessary documentation for timely registration, the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) decide to extend the CAT 2019 registration deadline to September 25, 2019.
According to Prof. Shubhasis Dey, IIM Kozhikode, Convener, CAT 2019,
- CAT 2019 will be conducted on November 24, 2019 (Sunday) in two sessions spread across 156 cities.
- Registration for CAT 2019 will now close at 5.00 pm on September 25, 2019 (Wednesday).
- Candidates will be permitted to download their examination admit card from October 23, 2019 onwards, until the date of the test.
CAT Registration 2019: How to Avoid mistake? 10 Things to Note for Error Free Application Submission
Before you register and apply for CAT 2019, please note the following to successfully complete your CAT 2019 registration and application form:
- Carefully enter all the personal details in CAT 2019 registration form, no correction is allowed later
- Review all the details you have entered on each page the CAT 2019 Registration & Application Form
- Please upload correct size of scanned images of your photograph & signature
- Download the EWS, NC-OBC, SC/ST, PwD Certificates from the CAT website, enter the required information and self-attest, scan as PDF documents & upload the certificates on the CAT website
- If you are a Person with Disability (PwD), Select yes in the CAT Registration form, else you may not be provided assistance at the test centre like wheel chair support and Scribe
- If you need to use a Scribe for the test, arrange the Scribe and fill the Scribe Affidavit form available on the CAT website.
- After you submit the CAT 2019 Registration form and make payment, no Editing is allowed, so be careful
- IIM Kozhikode may open 2-3 days CAT Registration form Editing window after September 25. During the period you may re-upload your right size photograph, may edit a few details but no correction in Personal Details will be allowed
- Check that your CAT registration & application form is successfully submitted and you have received the SMS from CAT Exam Centre after form submission
- In case you have made a mistake in CAT registration form, you must register again with a new email ID. Your CAT 2019 application will be considered for the latest registration and the Admit Card will be issued for the same. Please note that, you will not receive a refund for erroneous submission of application form nor will you get the Admit Card for your earlier registration.
CAT 2019 Registration: Major Change
Important change in CAT Registration 2019 has been introduced by IIMs. The choice of test cities for Delhi NCR candidates in CAT registration 2019 has again been split into individual test cities like NOIDA, Ghaziabad, Faridabad among others as against one Delhi NCR test city which existed when the CAT 2019 registration process had started. Now the CAT 2019 applicants from Delhi NCR can choose separate 4 preferred CAT test cities.
CAT Registration 2019 process for admission to MBA programmes in IIMs can be completed on iimcat website. The last date for CAT online Registration 2019 is September 25, 2019. As announced and confirmed by IIM Kozhikode the CAT registration 2019 will close at 5 PM on Sep 18. The CAT registration fee 2019 is Rs.1900. To submit CAT online form 2019, you need to pay CAT exam fee online only. IIMs have not increased the CAT Application form 2019 fee which is same as last year. The cost of CAT online application 2019 comes to less than Rs.100/- to apply for each of the 20 IIMs with a common and single CAT online form 2019.
The process how to apply for CAT 2019 is not difficult. However, before you proceed for CAT online registration, you should gather important documents required for CAT Registration 2019. These include marks sheets from class 10 to bachelor’s degree, scanned images of photo and signature, category certificate if required, work experience certificate, Debit/credit card for payment of CAT registration fee online.
Admission Notification | Apply Now
|IMI New Delhi, PGDM Admissions 2020 Open||SDA Bocconi Asia Center Mumbai, Batch 2020-22|
|BITS Pilani, MBA Admission open 2020|
|BIMTECH Greater Noida, PGDM- 2020-22||UPES MBA Admissions 2020 | Apply Now|
CAT online registration process had started on August 7, 2019 at 10 AM on the IIM CAT 2019 website. The CAT application and exam fee is included in the CAT Registration 2019 fee. CAT 2019 is the mandatory exam for MBA admission in 20 IIMs and other top MBA colleges. CAT exam 2019 online registration is the first step to become eligible to appear in CAT exam. All the details on CAT Registration 2019 process for CAT exam were released on July 28, 2019 by IIM Kozhikode which is conducting CAT exam 2019.
Since around 2.5 lakh candidates are expected to register for CAT 2019 online, it is advisable to register for CAT 2019 a few days before the last date to apply for CAT arrives as during the last days of CAT registration, you may face some technical glitches while login and registering online for CAT 2019. It is also unlikely that the last date for CAT Registration 2019 will be extended by IIM Kozhikode any further. Below is shared the process how to apply for CAT Registration 2019 and how to fill in the CAT application form
CAT 2019 Registration: Key Points
- CAT Registration 2019 fee is Rs.1900/- as was last year
- Delhi NCR cities like NOIDA, Ghaziabad are split into separate cities instead of being clubbed into one city as happened last year.
- After Registering for CAT 2019, you need to complete the CAT Application form
- CAT 2019 fee payment should be made after reviewing all the details entered in the application form
- Download and Keep a hard copy of completed CAT 2019 application form for reference
Conducted by IIMs every year, Common Admission Test (CAT) is the largest MBA entrance exam leading to admission in top MBA colleges of India. IIM Kozhikode is conducting CAT 2019 and has announced that CAT 2019 test paper will have a combination of MCQs and Non-MCQs to provide level playing field to the students from all streams. No change in the CAT 2019 exam pattern has been announced.
Unlike the past trend of last many years, CAT 2019 registration fee has not been increased, other wise IIMs used to increase CAT registration fee by Rs. 100/- every year. With no increase in CAT 2019 exam registration fee by CAT convening IIM Kozhikode, now the CAT 2019 registration charges have remained same as of last year. The registration fee is Rs.1900/- for General and OBC candidates, it is Rs.950/- for SC/ST/PWD candidates. The CAT 2019 exam duration remains of three hours with 100 questions divided in three sections, as was the last year.
Documents Required for CAT 2019
There are some key documents required for CAT 2019 to complete the registration and application process correctly and without error. So, before you proceed to fill in your CAT application form, you should gather and keep ready these documents required for CAT 2019.
The ten mandatory items of information and important documents required for CAT 2019 online completion of registration and application form are:
- Documents related to your Educational history from class 10 onwards
- Mark sheets – Class-10
- Mark Sheet – Class 12th
- Mark sheet – Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma
- Final Year Certificate from the HoD/Principal (If in final year of bachelor’s degree) also previous year mark sheet
- Work experience Document, if any
- Applicable Certificates to upload (Category/Affidavits)
- Scanned images of your passport size photo and signature. (The photo should not be more than six months old and should have a white background)
- Scanned image of Passport size photo with the dimensions 35mm X 45mm along with the scanned image of your signature with the dimensions 1000mm X 35 mm. is required to be uploaded at the time of registration for CAT 2019. Please note that the documents file format should be .jpg or .jpeg and the file size should not be more than 80KB each. The image should be clear with a minimum resolution of 150px.
- Keep Ready the list of the IIM programmes to which you wish to apply, before you fill in the application form
- CAT exam fee payment instruments to pay CAT 2019 exam fee – like Debit/Credit cards, Net banking.
CAT 2019 Registration Dates
CAT Exam 2019 Registration is the first and most important step to get ready for IIM CAT exam to be conducted by IIMs on November 24, 2019. It is therefore necessary to know all the CAT Registration 2019 Important Dates. It may be noted that while the CAT registration start date is pre announced along with the CAT 2019 Registration last date, IIMs may extend the CAT 2019 Registration Last Date by a few days. Accordingly, the CAT Registration 2019 important dates corresponding to all the key activities related to CAT exam 2019 are given below:
CAT 2019 Registration Activity
CAT Registration 2019 Dates
CAT Registration Start Date
August 7, 2019
CAT 2019 Registration Last Date
September 25, 2019 (Extended from Sep 18)
CAT 2019 Registration Closing time to Complete & Submit CAT Form
CAT Registration Fees
CAT 2019 Registration Last Date with late fee
All the candidates who complete their CAT 2019 registration process within these CAT Registration 2019 important dates which are spread for more than 40 days will be treated at par in Test Centre allotment and Test session allotment process. CAT 2019 exam is scheduled on Sunday November 24, 2019.
CAT Exam 2019 Registration: How to Proceed?
CAT 2019 registration steps are simple and can be completed within the specified time although candidate can login again and again to complete the process as follows:
- Create a Profile at CAT website to start the CAT exam 2019 Registration
- Log in with system generated User ID and Password to complete the 6 page CAT Application Form
- Submit CAT Application after entering details and making online payment through Net banking/Credit card/Debit card latest by the CAT 2019 Registration Last Date
CAT Exam 2019 Registration Process: Guidelines
The CAT registration process including payment of CAT registration fee has to be completed within CAT registration 2019 dates. An important guideline for CAT registration 2019 is to keep a watch on all the CAT registration 2019 important dates especially the CAT registration start date. Please follow the important CAT registration guidelines while completing your CAT registration process:
- CAT registration 2019 begins around 9.30 AM on the pre announced CAT Registration Start Date
- Once you create a profile after login as new candidate and receive your system generated OTP to get User ID and Password through SMS and on mail, next login should be as ‘registered candidate’ with the received ID & Password
- Keep the entire information ready before filling up the CAT 2019 application form
- The work experience is to be entered in completed months in CAT registration form
- The CAT 2019 online application form need not be completed in one go. You can revisit the CAT application form several times and complete it in steps.
- You will not be allowed to continue your CAT 2019 registration process, if mandatory information is not filled up.
- Wherever needed, required Certificates, scanned images of photographs, signature are to be uploaded, else your registration will remain incomplete
- If you forget your password during the CAT online registration process, you may click on the Forgot Password button on the Existing User login window. The new password will be sent in the email to you, and not as an SMS.
- Once you have completed the last section of CAT application form, i.e. Payment, your CAT 2019 application form is considered complete and you will receive a confirmation mail. While making the payment of CAT registration fees, please check the amount of CAT registration fee that you need to pay. The category wise CAT registration fee is Rs. 1900 for General category and Rs.950 for reserved category.
- After making payment of CAT registration fees and submitting the CAT form, changes to any information on the application form are not possible.
CAT Exam 2019 Registration: Step by Step Process
CAT Registration 2019 and Application form can be completed in 3 steps:
Step-1: Fill in CAT Registration form first
- You need to Register as New user
After login to the website, you will be redirected to the Applicant Details page. The Applicant’s personal details will be displayed on this page. Next to Personal Details, a link “Go to Application Form” is available. Click this link to go to the application page.
This part requires you to enter your name, date of birth, email address, country and mobile number. You will get one time OTP after this and with the help of the OTP it will be possible for you to login to CAT 2019 main application form. Sample CAT Registration form is given below:
Step 2: Complete CAT Application form in 5 steps
Step-2.1- Personal details: Insert your personal details like parents' name, gender, category, nationality, communication address among others. You also need to upload your photograph, signature and caste certificate
Step-2.2 - Academics: Insert all your academics beginning from class 10 onwards like exam taken, Board/University, marks obtained, maximum marks, percentage of marks among others. The details of professional degree, if any are to be entered on this page.
Step-2.3- Work Experience: If you are a candidate with work experience, enter your experience in completed months as on 31st July 2019. Check all the Industry Types applicable to you, with Work Experience in months for each Industry Type.
Step-2.4-Programmes: This page requires you to select any number of Programme Names offered by 20 IIMs in this section. Select the IIM programme and then select the IIM Interview City for that programme as per the cities in the respective drop down list. For the 6 new IIMs you need to choose the same interview city.
Step-2.5-CAT Test City: There are 147 test cities for CAT 2019 exam. Candidates can choose 4 preferred test cities in order of preference in the CAT 2019 registration and application form to appear in CAT 2019.
Step-3-Payment of CAT Registration Fee: Payment of CAT 2019 registration fee is the last step while completing your CAT Registration & Application form. The payment is to be made online. A General / NC-OBC candidate needs to pay Rs.1900 while an SC/ST/PWD candidate will pay Rs.950 towards the CAT 2019 registration & examination fee. The final amount will also include applicable additional charges as per the table below:
Points to note about CAT 2019 registration important dates & CAT form
- CAT registration 2019 dates remain open till September 25, 2019
- CAT 2019 registration is online process only
- When you register for CAT 2019, you will automatically apply online for CAT 2019
- Applying online for CAT 2019 will mean that you have to opt for the relevant management programmes in all the 20 IIMs mentioned in the CAT 2019 registration form
- The CAT 2019 exam fee is Rs.1900/-
- In case of filling incorrect information in CAT 2019 online application form not only the candidature of the aspirant will be treated as invalid but the CAT registration fee will also be forfeited.
- CAT 2019 registration can be completed in 3 steps.
- Read the instructions at the start of the CAT registration form before beginning to fill up the CAT application form.
- You can save and exit the CAT 2019 registration form any number of times to edit and complete it later or can Save & Continue each section till you submit the application.
- Fee for CAT exam is to be paid after completing your CAT online registration 2019 and CAT 2019 online application form.
- If you do not pay the CAT 2019 exam fee after completing your CAT 2019 registration form, your CAT 2019 application form will remain incomplete and you will not be allowed to appear in CAT 2019 exam.
Sample Photos: Check that your uploaded photograph is as per the IIMs' prescribed criteria detailed as under to avoid rejection of your CAT 2019 registration and application Form
CAT Registration 2019 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. I do not find my University name in the drop-down list in the CAT application form. What should I enter in the column?
Ans. If your university’s name does not appear in the drop down, you may select the option “Others” from the drop down list
Q. I have lost the SMS with CAT Registration Password. How can I get New Pass word?
Ans. Please note that your new regenerated password will be sent on your registered mail only and not as an SMS. To get new password Click on the Forgot User ID/Password option on the Existing User login page. You will be prompted to enter your registered Email ID and a Captcha string.
Q. I have received more than one CAT Registration password. Which password is valid for Login?
Ans. Use the password received in the most recent SMS. If you are still not able to login, you should use your user id and click ‘forgot password’. You will receive a new password through email on your registered email id.
Q. I am married and have changed my name after marriage. I am appearing in CAT for the first time which name I should enter in the CAT registration form – Changed Name or as per the degree certificate?
Ans. Please enter your changed name. Provide the supporting documents for change of name at the time of examination, interview and admission.
Q. I have not received the CAT Registration Password although the registration was successful and registration fee has been paid. What to do now?
Ans. Click on the Forgot User ID/Password option on the Existing User login page. You will be prompted to enter your registered Email ID and a Captcha string. You will get your new password on your registered email address but not by SMS.
Q. Is it possible that CAT 2019 Registration date is extended beyond September 25, 2019?
Ans. No, IIMs have already extended the last date for CAT 2019 Registration to September 25 from earlier September 18. Going by the past trends, it is most unlikely that CAT 2019 registration last date is extended any further by IIMs.
Q. If I apply for CAT after 5 PM on September 25, can I get successful registration message from IIMs?
Ans. No, you should complete your CAT registration process before 5 PM. Usually IIMs close the CAT registration process but in case of any technical glitches it may remain open for few hours more. However, the move is fraught with risk chances
Q. I am a candidate from a city in Delhi NCR. Last year there was no option to choose any city in Delhi NCR. Can I choose separate cities in Delhi NCR for CAT 2019?
Ans. Yes, you can. For CAT 2019 Delhi NCR has been split in 10 separate cities. You can choose your 4 preferred CAT exam cities out of Delhi, New Delhi, Faridabad, Gurugram (Gurgaon), panipat, Noida, Ghaziabad, Greater Noida, Rohtak, Meerut
Q. What is the last date to register and apply for CAT 2019?
Ans. The last date to register and apply for CAT 2019 is September 25, 2019
Q. Can I apply for CAT 2019 in offline mode also?
Ans. No, you can submit only online application for CAT 2019
Q. What is CAT 2019 registration fee?
Ans. CAT 2019 registration fee for General category is Rs.1900/- and for reserved category it is Rs.950/-
Q. How to ensure that all the details that I entered in CAT 2019 registration and application form are correct?
Ans. Do not forget to preview all the pages of CAT 2019 application form before submission.
Q. Is it possible to amend mistake in CAT 2019 registration after form submission?
Ans. After submitting the CAT 2019 online application it is not possible to rectify the errors. You will have to re-register.
Q. If still there remains mistake in CAT 2019 application form, how can I amend it?
Ans. Wait for the 1-2 days limited time window to open by IIMs for error correction. The error correction window is expected to open after the close of CAT registration process.
Q. Can I rectify the errors on all application pages of CAT 2019 registration when error correction window opens?
Ans. No, you can only modify the limited details like percentage of marks scored, work experience, programmes names / interview city centers. No personal details would be allowed to be modified.
Q. Can my score in Masters degree compensate for bachelors degree low score? I scored 76% in Masters but 49% in graduation, can I appear in CAT 2019?
Ans. No, you cannot, you need minimum 50% marks in graduation to appear in CAT 2019 if you are a general category candidate.
Q. What is the size and type of Photograph & signature to be uploaded on CAT 2019 application form?
Ans. The scanned image of your passport photo must be within the dimensions of 30mm X 45mm and for signature the dimensions are 80mm X 35mm. (See more details below)
Q. If I, already have a category certificate, can I upload it on CAT 2019 application form or I need a new one?
Ans. If you already have a certificate that fulfils the prescribed criteria, you may upload the same.
Q. I was awarded only grades but not percentage of marks in academics? How should I fill it in CAT registration form?
Ans. You should obtain a certificate from the Board/Institute/University specifying the equivalent marks which should be used for filling the online CAT 2019 application form
Q. I have working experience in the Accounts & finance section of an Automobile company, what should I fill in the application form as the area of work experience - Finance or Automobile?
Ans. Your area of work experience is Finance but the type of company is Automobile. The work experience is to be entered in months till July 31, 2019