CAT Registration 2022: Begins in Aug 1st week; Check Time-Line, Step by Step Process
Important Update: IIM Bangalore is likely to conduct CAT 2022 exam on November 27, 2022. The CAT online Registration 2022 is expected to start in the first week of August, 2022
The process of CAT Online Registration 2022 is expected to begin at 10 AM on August 5, 2022 after release of CAT 2022 Notification. The CAT registration last date 2022 will close after more than 45 days of CAT Registration Start Date. Conducted by IIMs every year, Common Admission Test (CAT) is the largest MBA entrance exam leading to admission in top MBA colleges of India. This year IIM Bangalore is likely to conduct CAT 2022 on November 27, 2022 in two or three slots. The exam will have a combination of MCQs and Non-MCQs to provide level playing field to the students of all streams.
Read below all about the key requirements & check points for CAT exam 2022 Registration, CAT Registration start date, CAT Registration Fees, step by step process for CAT online Registration 2022, CAT Registration Last Date among other details
CAT Online Registration 2022: 5 Check Points & Key Requirement
CAT registration 2022 process is online. So you need a computer with good connectivity. Following are the key check points you should know before proceeding for CAT registration 2022
1. Check your Laptop/Desktop for fast connectivity
2. The recommended browsers to fill the Application form are:
• Internet Explorer (version 11 and above)
• Mozilla Firefox (version 50 to 61)
• Google Chrome (version 50 to 69)
3. Make sure that your E-mail Id is working as you will need it throughout the CAT exam and even after till the admission process in IIMs is not completed
4. Make sure that you have with you all your academic details from class 10 onwards; details about your work experience if any; Category reservation certificate (if applicable)
5. Keep the instruments ready to pay the CAT registration fee like Net Banking, Credit/Debit card
CAT Registration Date & Timeline for CAT 2022
CAT Online Registration 2022 Activity
Important CAT Dates for Registration
CAT Registration Start date 2022
August 5, 2022
CAT 2022 Registration Last Date
September 15, 2022
Closing time on CAT Registration Last Date
CAT Registration Fee
CAT 2022 Registration Last Date with late fee
Note: All dates are Tentative
All the candidates who complete their CAT 2022 registration within the CAT Registration 2022 window of more than 45 days will be treated at par in Test centre allotment and Test session allotment process. CAT Registration 2022 fee is expected to be increased to Rs.2300/-. No change in the CAT online Registration process is expected. The exam pattern is likely to remain same as that of last year and the exam will be conducted in 3 slots as was conducted last year.
CAT Exam 2022 Registration: Key Features
CAT 2022 is the mandatory exam for MBA admission in 20 IIMs and other top MBA colleges.
To appear in CAT 2022 you must register for the exam first.
- CAT 2022 registration is online process at the IIM CAT 2022 website
- CAT 2022 Exam Registration window will be of minimum 45 days from August 1st week to September 3rd week
- The CAT Registration Fee, IIM application Fee and CAT exam fee is included in the CAT exam Registration Fee
- CAT 2022 online registration is the first step to become eligible to appear in CAT 2022 exam
- All the details on CAT Registration 2022 process for CAT exam will be released on official CAT 2022 exam website iimcat.ac.in
- Around 2,40,000 candidates are expected to register for CAT 2022 online. Last year 2.30 Lakh candidates had registered for CAT exam 2021
- It is advisable to register and apply for CAT 2022 a few days before the last date as during the last days of CAT registration, you may face some technical glitches
- In case the CAT application form is not properly filled in and submitted at the last minute of CAT exam registration or the CAT online registration fee payment is stuck in transit, you will have to register and apply again. It is advisable to complete your CAT online Registration 2022 as early as possible without waiting for last minute.
CAT Registration 2022: Admission Opportunity in 20 IIMs
By completing your CAT registration 2022 process and appearing in CAT exam, you become eligible to be considered in all the following 20 IIMs for admission 2023 final selection process:
In addition to 20 IIMs, more than 500 B-schools including FMS Delhi, SPJIMR Mumbai, MDI Gurgaon, SJMSoM IIT Mumbai, DoMS IIT Delhi among others accept CAT scores. Check list of Top MBA Colleges Accepting CAT. So, successful CAT Registration is the first and important step to get into IIMs and Top B-schools in India.
|India’s Top MBA Entrance Exams: Check Dates, Pattern, Mocks, Registration Process…|
CAT 2022 Registration Guide
CAT 2022 Registration guide is released by CAT convening IIM with the start of CAT registration 2022 process at iimcat.ac.in to help the CAT applicants to fill and submit CAT Registration & Application form.
CAT Registration 2022 guide will comprise all the key details how to register and how to fill CAT 2022 application form, important instructions and do’s & don’ts that you should adhere to while filling in your registration & application form.
How to register for CAT 2022?
Now, coming to the most important point -- how should you Register for CAT 2022. CAT Registration 2022 steps are simple and can be completed easily following this step by step guide:
1. Login to CAT website iimcat.ac.in and Create Profile
2. Fill in the Registration & Application Form in following steps
2.1 Fill in Personal Details in Application Form
2.2 Submit Academic Details from Class 10 onwards
2.3 Fill in your Work Experience
2.4 Select IIMs & Programmes that you wish to apply
2.5 Select your Preferred CAT Exam Cities ( IIMs offer a choice of 4 or 6 test cities)
3. Make Online payment of CAT Registration Fee
Refer image below. We will take you step by step and give you all the details o how to register for CAT 2022.
Before we start Step by Step Guide, take note of the following important guidelines:
8 Important Guidelines for CAT Online Registration 2022
- Keep the entire information like academic details, scanned photo & signature images, registration fee payment instruments ready before filling up the registration & application form
- After receiving CAT ID and Password do not copy paste it to login window and for filling up application form as it may give mismatch message. Better to write it in the given spaces
- Move carefully to fill your CAT registration form as given in the step by step process below
- It takes half an hour to complete the CAT registration and application form. However, you may complete it in parts also. Please ensure to save the application part that you have completed.
- You will not be allowed to move further on registration form, if mandatory information is not filled up.
- Wherever needed, required Certificates, scanned images of photographs, signature are to be uploaded, else your registration will remain incomplete
- If you forget your password during the CAT online registration process, you may click on the Forgot Password button on the Existing User login window. The new password will be sent on the email to you, and not as an SMS.
- Once you have made payment of registration fee and submit the application, you will receive a confirmation mail. After this, changes to any information on the application form are not possible.
10 Documents Required for CAT Online Registration
Before you begin with the Registration process, remember to organize these 10 key documents required to complete the CAT registration 2022 form:
- Documents related to your Educational history from class 10 onwards
- Mark sheets – Class-10
- Mark Sheet – Class 12th
- Mark sheet – Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma
- Final Year Certificate from the HoD/Principal (If in final year of bachelor’s degree) also previous year mark sheet
- Work experience Document, if any
- Applicable Certificates to upload (Category/Affidavits)
- Scanned images of your passport size photo and signature. See detail below.
- Keep ready the list of the IIM programmes to which you wish to apply, before you fill in the application form.
- Keep ready the Registration fee payment instruments like Debit/Credit cards, Net banking.
Masters’ Union PGP-TBM Admission Open AIMA MAY MAT EXAM Registration Open
CAT Exam 2022 Registration: Step by Step Process
As you are ready to register for CAT 2022, you can easily complete the registration form, once it opens in August 2022. Below are shared the last year CAT 2021 registration step by step process which will remain same for 2022 also:
Step1: Login to CAT website iimcat.ac.in to Create your Profile
First step is to visit CAT 2022 Website -- IIMCAT.ac.in. Look for section that says ‘New Candidate Registration’. You need to click this button toRegister as New User. Once you click ‘Register’, a new page titled ‘Register to get User ID and Password’ page will open.
Image 1: New Candidate Registration Button
Step-1.1: Register to Get User ID & Password
On ‘Register to get User ID and Password’ Page (see image below), enter your Name, Date of Birth, Email, Country, and Mobile Number. Then, click ‘Generate OTP’ button. You will get one-time OTP that you can use to login to CAT 2022 main Application Form. You also need to check ‘I agree’ box in Declaration section. Refer image 1.1 below.
Image 1.1: ‘Register to get User ID and Password’
Step-2: Complete CAT 2022 Application Form in Steps as below:
Once you have completed Step 1 as above and have logged in at 'Registered candidate login' window on iimcat.ac.in, you will be directed to fill in the details in your CAT application as in steps below.
Step-2.1: Fill in Personal Details in Application Form
First, fill your personal details like parents' name, gender, category, nationality, communication address among others. Then, you also need to upload your Photograph, Signature and Caste Certificate.
Step-2.2: Fill in Academic Details from Class 10 onwards
After filling your Personal Details, next you will be directed to fill in all your academics beginning from Class 10 onwards like exam taken, Board/University, marks obtained, maximum marks, percentage of marks among others in the CAT 2022 form . The details of professional degree, if any are to be entered on this page.
Step-2.3: Fill the Work Experience obtained after Graduation
After filling your Academic Details, next page on CAT registration that opens is for work experience. If you are a candidate with work experience that you have earned after graduation, enter your experience in months as on 31st July 2022. Select which all industries (like Banking, Auto, IT…) you have worked and enter months of employment.
Step-2.4: Select IIM Programmes & Interview Cities
This CAT registration 2022 page requires you to select preferred Programmes offered by 20 IIMs. It is advisable to check your eligibility and then choose the programmes for which you are eligible. For example, if you are eligible for IIM Ahmedabad PGP programme, you may not be eligible for its FABM or executive programmes. So, Select the best IIM programmes and then select the IIM Interview City for that programme from the respective drop down menu.
Step-2.5 Select Test Cities
You can select 6 most preferred test cities out of 155+ cities in which CAT 2022 exam is scheduled. CAT Center 2022 will make all out efforts to allot you your first preferred test city. However, in case due to any reason it is not allotted, you will be allotted the next preferred test city.
Step-3: Make payment online for CAT registration Fee
CAT fee is likely to be increased to Rs.2300 this year. Last year it was Rs.2200. Payment of registration fee for CAT exam 2022 is the last step while completing your Registration & Application form. The payment is to be made online. A General / NC-OBC candidate needs to pay Rs.2300 while an SC/ST/PWD candidate will pay Rs.1200 towards the registration & examination fee. The final amount will also include applicable additional charges.
CAT website accepts credit cards, debit cards and net banking, so make sure that you are making payment through one of them. Below is shared the CAT 2021 fee payment window
How to Avoid mistake in Registration Process? 10 Points for Error Free Application Submission
Please note the following to successfully complete your CAT registration 2022 form:
- Carefully enter all the personal details in CAT 2022 registration form, no correction is allowed later
- Review all the details you have entered on each page
- Please upload correct size of scanned images of your photograph & signature
- Download the EWS, NC-OBC, SC/ST, PwD Certificates from the CAT website, enter the required information and self-attest, scan as PDF documents & upload the certificates on the CAT website
- If you are a Person with Disability (PwD), Select yes in the Registration form, else you may not be provided assistance at the test centre like wheel chair support and Scribe
- If you need to use a Scribe for the test, arrange the Scribe and fill the Scribe Affidavit form available on the CAT website.
- After you submit the Registration form and make payment, no Editing is allowed, so be careful
- IIMs may open 2-3 days Registration form Editing window after the last date is over. During the period you may re-upload your right size photograph, may edit a few details but no correction in Personal Details will be allowed
- Check that your registration & application form is successfully submitted and you have received the SMS from CAT Exam Centre after form submission
- In case you have made a mistake in the registration form, you must register again with a new email ID. Your CAT 2022 application will be considered for the latest registration and the Admit Card will be issued for the same. Please note that, you will not receive a refund for erroneous submission of application form nor will you get the Admit Card for your earlier registration.
CAT Exam 2022 Registration Process: 5 Major Changes
Compared to previous years, important changes in Registration 2022 are as under:
- Registration window is expected to be extended by one week after the first closing date
- Registration fee is likely to be increased by 5%. The fee is expected to go up at Rs.2300
- The choice of test cities for Delhi NCR candidates in registration is now split into individual test cities like NOIDA, Ghaziabad, Faridabad among others as against one Delhi NCR test city which existed earlier.
- The CAT 2022 applicants can choose separate 4-6 preferred CAT test cities
- Your work experience after graduation will be calculated in days in CAT 2022 instead of months as was in previous years
CAT Registration Trends
CAT exam registrations have gone up substantially in last few years. Number of candidates registering for CAT during last ten years are shared below:
How to select Correct Photos for CAT 2022 Application Form:
Check that you upload photograph as per the IIMs' prescribed criteria detailed as under to avoid rejection of your registration and application Form
CAT Registration Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. What is the CAT 2022 Registration start date?
Ans. CAT Registration 2022 process is likely to remain open from August 5, to September 15, 2022.
Q. What is the CAT 2022 registration fee?
Ans. CAT exam registration fee is likely to be increased at Rs.2300/- for General category and Rs.1200/- for SC/ST category
Q. I am married and have changed my name after marriage. I am appearing in CAT for the first time which name I should enter in the CAT registration form – Changed Name or as per the degree certificate?
Ans. Please enter your changed name. Provide the supporting documents for change of name at the time of examination, interview and admission.
Q. I have not received the CAT Registration Password although the registration was successful and registration fee has been paid. What to do now?
Ans. Click on the Forgot User ID/Password option on the Existing User login page. You will be prompted to enter your registered Email ID and a Captcha string. You will get your new password on your registered email address but not by SMS.
Q. If I apply for CAT after 5 PM on the last date of CAT registration 2022, can I get successful registration message from IIMs?
Ans. No, you should complete your CAT registration process before 5 PM. Usually IIMs close the CAT registration process but in case of any technical glitches it may remain open for few hours more. However, the move is fraught with risk chances
Q. Can I apply for CAT 2022 in offline mode also?
Ans. No, you can submit only online application for CAT 2022
Q. Is it possible to amend mistake in CAT 2022 registration after form submission?
Ans. After submitting the CAT 2022 online application it is not possible to rectify the errors. You will have to re-register.
Q. Can my score in Masters degree compensate for bachelors degree low score? I scored 76% in Masters but 49% in graduation, can I appear in CAT 2022?
Ans. No, you cannot, you need minimum 50% marks in graduation to appear in CAT 2022 if you are a general category candidate.
Q. What is the size and type of Photograph & signature to be uploaded on CAT 2022 application form?
Ans. The scanned image of your passport photo must be within the dimensions of 30mm X 45mm and for signature the dimensions are 80mm X 35mm.
Q. If I already have a category certificate, can I upload it on CAT 2022 application form or I need a new one?
Ans. If you already have a certificate that fulfils the prescribed criteria, you may upload the same.
Q. I was awarded only grades but not percentage of marks in academics? How should I fill it in CAT registration form?
Ans. You should obtain a certificate from the Board/Institute/University specifying the equivalent marks which should be used for filling the online CAT 2022 application form
Q. I have work experience in the Accounts & finance section of an Automobile company, what should I fill in the application form as the area of work experience - Finance or Automobile?
Ans. Your area of work experience is Finance but the type of company is Automobile. The work experience is to be entered in months till July 31, 2022
Q. I am EWS category candidate. What is the fee I need to pay for CAT 2022 apply online?
Ans. The CAT registration fee 2022 for General, EWS, NC-OBC candidates is same. So it is likely to be Rs.2300 which is the fee for CAT to apply online
Q. What is the minimum percentage of marks required from EWS category candidate in graduation? I scored 49% in the Bachelor’s degree and am EWS candidate, am I eligible to apply online for CAT 2022?
Ans. No, an EWS category candidate must have scored minimum 50% marks in graduation to become eligible for CAT 2022 apply online.
Q. If there remains some mistake in CAT application form, how can I amend it?
Ans. After submitting the CAT online application it is not possible to rectify the errors. Either you have to re-register or wait for the 1-2 days limited time window to be opened by IIMs for error correction. The error correction window is expected to open after the close of CAT registration process.
Prepare for CAT 2022 with IMS Coaching – Avail Special 10% MBAUniverse.com Discount on all courses | Join Now
Q. How to ensure that all the details that I entered in CAT 2022 registration and application form are correct?
Ans. Do not forget to preview all the pages of CAT 2022 application form before submission
Q. What is the last date of CAT exam Registration 2022?
Ans. The likely Last date to register for CAT 2022 is September 15, 2022
|India’s Top MBA Entrance Exams: Check Dates, Pattern, Mocks, Registration Process…|