Latest Updates: CAT 2020 Registration start date is August 4, 2020. The last date to fill CAT form 2020 is September 18, 2020. The CAT exam date is November 29, 2020.
(All dates are tentative)
Conducted by IIMs every year, Common Admission Test (CAT) is the largest MBA entrance exam leading to admission in top MBA colleges of India. IIM Indore is conducting CAT 2020 on November 29, 2020. The exam will have a combination of MCQs and Non-MCQs to provide level playing field to the students of all streams.
CAT Registration 2020 fee is expected to rise by Rs.100/- and will go up to Rs.2000/- for CAT 2020 exam registration. No change in the CAT Registration process 2020 is expected and the exam pattern will also remain the same as last year.
CAT Registration 2020 Dates
CAT 2020 Online Registration Activity
CAT 2020 Registration Start date
August 4, 2020
CAT Registration Last Date
September 18, 2020
Closing time on last date to fill CAT form 2020
CAT Registration 2020 Fee
CAT 2020 Registration Last Date with late fee
(All dates are tentative)
All the candidates who complete their CAT 2020 registration within the CAT Registration window of more than 40 days will be treated at par in Test centre allotment and Test session allotment process.
CAT Registration 2020: Key Features
CAT 2020 is the mandatory exam for MBA admission in 20 IIMs and other top MBA colleges.
To appear in CAT 2020 you must register for the exam first.
- CAT 2020 registration is online process at the IIM CAT 2020 website
- CAT 2020 Exam Registration window will be of minimum 45 days from August 1st week to September 3rd week
- The CAT 2020 Registration Fee, IIM application Fee and CAT exam fee is included in the CAT Registration Fee
- CAT 2020 online registration is the first step to become eligible to appear in CAT 2020 exam
- All the details on CAT Registration 2020 process for CAT exam will be released on July 28, 2020 by IIM Indore which is conducting CAT 2020
- Around 2,50,000 candidates are expected to register for CAT 2020 online. Last year 2.44 Lakh candidates had registered for CAT exam
- It is advisable to register and apply for CAT 2020 a few days before the last date as during the last days of CAT registration, you may face some technical glitches
- In case the CAT application form is not properly filled in and submitted at the last minute of CAT registration or the CAT registration online fee payment is stuck in transit, you will have to register and apply again. It is advisable to complete your CAT Registration 2019 as early as possible without waiting for last minute.
CAT Registration 2020: Admission Opportunity in 20 IIMs
By completing your CAT registration process and appearing in CAT 2020, you become eligible to be considered in all the following 20 IIMs for admission 2021 final selection process:
Media Release for CAT 2019
How to register for CAT 2020
CAT 2020 registration steps are simple and can be completed within the specified time although candidate can login again and again to complete the process as follows:
- Create a Profile at CAT website
- Log in with system generated User ID and Password to complete the 6 page CAT Application Form
- Submit Application after entering details and making online payment through Net banking/Credit card/Debit card
Below is shared the process how to apply for CAT Registration 20209 and how to fill in the CAT application form
Guidelines for CAT 2020 registration process
- Once you create a profile after login as new candidate and receive your system generated OTP to get User ID and Password through SMS and on mail, next login should be as ‘registered candidate’ with the received ID & Password
- Keep the entire information ready before filling up the CAT 2020 registration & application form
- The work experience is to be entered in completed months in CAT registration form
- The CAT 2020 online application form need not be completed in one go. You can revisit the CAT application form several times and complete it in steps.
- You will not be allowed to continue your CAT 2020 registration process, if mandatory information is not filled up.
- Wherever needed, required Certificates, scanned images of photographs, signature are to be uploaded, else your registration will remain incomplete
- If you forget your password during the CAT online registration process, you may click on the Forgot Password button on the Existing User login window. The new password will be sent in the email to you, and not as an SMS.
- Once you have completed the last section of CAT application form, i.e. Payment, your CAT 2020 application form is considered complete and you will receive a confirmation mail. After this, changes to any information on the application form are not possible.
Documents Required for CAT 2020 Online Registration
There are some key documents required to complete the CAT 2020 online registration and application process correctly and without error. So, before you proceed to fill in your CAT registration form, you should gather and keep ready these documents required for CAT 2020.
The ten mandatory items of information and important documents required for CAT Registration 2020 are:
- Documents related to your Educational history from class 10 onwards
- Mark sheets – Class-10
- Mark Sheet – Class 12th
- Mark sheet – Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma
- Final Year Certificate from the HoD/Principal (If in final year of bachelor’s degree) also previous year mark sheet
- Work experience Document, if any
- Applicable Certificates to upload (Category/Affidavits)
- Scanned images of your passport size photo and signature. (The photo should not be more than six months old and should have a white background)
- Scanned image of Passport size photo with the dimensions 35mm X 45mm along with the scanned image of your signature with the dimensions 1000mm X 35 mm. is required to be uploaded at the time of registration for CAT 2020. Please note that the documents file format should be .jpg or .jpeg and the file size should not be more than 80KB each. The image should be clear with a minimum resolution of 150px.
- Keep Ready the list of the IIM programmes to which you wish to apply, before you fill in the application form
- CAT 2020 Registration fee payment instruments to pay CAT Registration fee – like Debit/Credit cards, Net banking.
CAT Exam 2020 Registration: Step by Step Process
CAT Registration 2020 and Application form window will open in the first week of August, 2020. The registration and application form can be completed in 3 steps. This process has continued for last three years:
Step-1: Fill in CAT Registration form first
- You need to Register as New user
After login to the website, you will be redirected to the Applicant Details page. The Applicant’s personal details will be displayed on this page.
Next to Personal Details, a link “Go to Application Form” is available. Click this link to go to the application page. This part requires you to enter your name, date of birth, email address, country and mobile number. You will get one time OTP after this and with the help of the OTP it will be possible for you to login to CAT 2020 main application form. Sample CAT Registration form is given below:
Step 2: Complete CAT Application form in 5 steps
Step-2.1- Personal details: Insert your personal details like parents' name, gender, category, nationality, communication address among others. You also need to upload your photograph, signature and caste certificate
Step-2.2 - Academics: Insert all your academics beginning from class 10 onwards like exam taken, Board/University, marks obtained, maximum marks, percentage of marks among others. The details of professional degree, if any are to be entered on this page.
Step-2.3- Work Experience: If you are a candidate with work experience, enter your experience in completed months as on 31st July 2019. Check all the Industry Types applicable to you, with Work Experience in months for each Industry Type.
Step-2.4-Programmes: This page requires you to select any number of Programme Names offered by 20 IIMs in this section. Select the IIM programme and then select the IIM Interview City for that programme as per the cities in the respective drop down list. For the 6 new IIMs you need to choose the same interview city.
Step-2.5-CAT Test City: There are 157 test cities for CAT 2020 exam. Candidates can choose 4 preferred test cities in order of preference in the CAT 2020 registration and application form to appear in CAT 2020.
Step-3-Payment of CAT Registration Fee: Payment of CAT 2020 registration fee is the last step while completing your CAT Registration & Application form. The payment is to be made online. A General / NC-OBC candidate needs to pay Rs.2000 while an SC/ST/PWD candidate will pay Rs.1000 towards the CAT 2020 registration & examination fee. The final amount will also include applicable additional charges as per the table below:
How to Avoid mistake in CAT Registration 2020? 10 Points for Error Free Application Submission
Before you register and apply for CAT 2020, please note the following to successfully complete your CAT 2020 registration and application form:
- Carefully enter all the personal details in CAT 2020 registration form, no correction is allowed later
- Review all the details you have entered on each page the CAT 2020 Registration & Application Form
- Please upload correct size of scanned images of your photograph & signature
- Download the EWS, NC-OBC, SC/ST, PwD Certificates from the CAT website, enter the required information and self-attest, scan as PDF documents & upload the certificates on the CAT website
- If you are a Person with Disability (PwD), Select yes in the CAT Registration form, else you may not be provided assistance at the test centre like wheel chair support and Scribe
- If you need to use a Scribe for the test, arrange the Scribe and fill the Scribe Affidavit form available on the CAT website.
- After you submit the CAT 2020 Registration form and make payment, no Editing is allowed, so be careful
- IIMs may open 2-3 days CAT Registration form Editing window after the CAT registration last date is over. During the period you may re-upload your right size photograph, may edit a few details but no correction in Personal Details will be allowed
- Check that your CAT registration & application form is successfully submitted and you have received the SMS from CAT Exam Centre after form submission
- In case you have made a mistake in CAT registration form, you must register again with a new email ID. Your CAT 2020 application will be considered for the latest registration and the Admit Card will be issued for the same. Please note that, you will not receive a refund for erroneous submission of application form nor will you get the Admit Card for your earlier registration.
CAT 2020 Registration Process: Major Change
Important change in CAT Registration 2020 has been introduced by IIMs. The choice of test cities for Delhi NCR candidates in CAT registration 2020 is again been split into individual test cities like NOIDA, Ghaziabad, Faridabad among others as against one Delhi NCR test city which existed earlier. Now the CAT 2020 applicants from Delhi NCR can choose separate 4 preferred CAT test cities.
CAT Registration Trends
CAT exam registrations have crossed 2.44 lakh candidates last year. The number has been going up consistently. Number of candidates registering for CAT during last ten years are shared below:
CAT Registration Sample Photos: Check that you upload photograph as per the IIMs' prescribed criteria detailed as under to avoid rejection of your CAT 2020 registration and application Form
CAT Registration Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. What is the CAT 2020 Registration start date?
Ans. CAT Registration process starts in the first week of August 2020, preferably on August 4-5.
Q. What is the CAT 2020 registration fee?
Ans. CAT exam registration fee is expected to be Rs.2000/- for General category and Rs.1000/- for SC/ST category
Q. I am married and have changed my name after marriage. I am appearing in CAT for the first time which name I should enter in the CAT registration form – Changed Name or as per the degree certificate?
Ans. Please enter your changed name. Provide the supporting documents for change of name at the time of examination, interview and admission.
Q. I have not received the CAT Registration Password although the registration was successful and registration fee has been paid. What to do now?
Ans. Click on the Forgot User ID/Password option on the Existing User login page. You will be prompted to enter your registered Email ID and a Captcha string. You will get your new password on your registered email address but not by SMS.
Q. If I apply for CAT after 5 PM on the last date of CAT registration, can I get successful registration message from IIMs?
Ans. No, you should complete your CAT registration process before 5 PM. Usually IIMs close the CAT registration process but in case of any technical glitches it may remain open for few hours more. However, the move is fraught with risk chances
Q. Can I apply for CAT 2020 in offline mode also?
Ans. No, you can submit only online application for CAT 2020
Q. Is it possible to amend mistake in CAT 2020 registration after form submission?
Ans. After submitting the CAT 2020 online application it is not possible to rectify the errors. You will have to re-register.
Q. Can my score in Masters degree compensate for bachelors degree low score? I scored 76% in Masters but 49% in graduation, can I appear in CAT 2020?
Ans. No, you cannot, you need minimum 50% marks in graduation to appear in CAT 2020 if you are a general category candidate.
Q. What is the size and type of Photograph & signature to be uploaded on CAT 2020 application form?
Ans. The scanned image of your passport photo must be within the dimensions of 30mm X 45mm and for signature the dimensions are 80mm X 35mm.
Q. If I already have a category certificate, can I upload it on CAT 2020 application form or I need a new one?
Ans. If you already have a certificate that fulfils the prescribed criteria, you may upload the same.
Q. I was awarded only grades but not percentage of marks in academics? How should I fill it in CAT registration form?
Ans. You should obtain a certificate from the Board/Institute/University specifying the equivalent marks which should be used for filling the online CAT 2020 application form
Q. I have work experience in the Accounts & finance section of an Automobile company, what should I fill in the application form as the area of work experience - Finance or Automobile?
Ans. Your area of work experience is Finance but the type of company is Automobile. The work experience is to be entered in months till July 31, 2020