Important Update: CAT 2021 Registration start date is August 2, 2021. The last date to fill CAT form 2021 is September 15, 2021. The CAT exam is expected on November 28, 2021.
(All dates are tentative)
Conducted by IIMs every year, Common Admission Test (CAT) is the largest MBA entrance exam leading to admission in top MBA colleges of India. IIM Ahmedabad is expected to conduct CAT 2021 on November 28, 2021. The exam will have a combination of MCQs and Non-MCQs to provide level playing field to the students of all streams.
CAT Registration 2021 fee is expected to remain same as last year at Rs.2000/-. No change in the CAT Registration process 2021 is expected. However, the exam pattern is expected to change from last year with increased time duration and more number of questions.
CAT Registration 2021 Dates
CAT 2021 Online Registration Activity
CAT 2021 Registration Start date
August 2, 2020
CAT Registration Last Date
September 15, 2021
Closing time on last date to fill CAT form 2021
CAT Registration 2021 Fee
CAT 2021 Registration Last Date with late fee
(All dates are tentative)
All the candidates who complete their CAT 2021 registration within the CAT Registration window of more than 45 days will be treated at par in Test centre allotment and Test session allotment process.
CAT Registration 2021: Key Features
CAT 2021 is the mandatory exam for MBA admission in 20 IIMs and other top MBA colleges.
To appear in CAT 2021 you must register for the exam first.
- CAT 2021 registration is online process at the IIM CAT 2021 website
- CAT 2021 Exam Registration window will be of minimum 45 days from August 1st week to September 3rd week
- The CAT 2021 Registration Fee, IIM application Fee and CAT exam fee is included in the CAT Registration Fee
- CAT 2021 online registration is the first step to become eligible to appear in CAT 2021 exam
- All the details on CAT Registration 2021 process for CAT exam will be released on July 25, 2021 on official CAT 2021 exam website iimcat.ac.in
- Around 2,40,000 candidates are expected to register for CAT 2021 online. Last year 2.28 Lakh candidates had registered for CAT exam
- It is advisable to register and apply for CAT 2021 a few days before the last date as during the last days of CAT registration, you may face some technical glitches
- In case the CAT application form is not properly filled in and submitted at the last minute of CAT registration or the CAT registration online fee payment is stuck in transit, you will have to register and apply again. It is advisable to complete your CAT Registration 2021 as early as possible without waiting for last minute.
CAT Registration 2021: Admission Opportunity in 20 IIMs
By completing your CAT registration process and appearing in CAT 2021, you become eligible to be considered in all the following 20 IIMs for admission 2022 final selection process:
In addition to 20 IIMs, more than 500 B-schools including FMS Delhi, SPJIMR Mumbai, MDI Gurgaon, SJMSoM IIT Mumbai, DoMS IIT Delhi among others accept CAT scores. Check list of Top MBA Colleges Accepting CAT. So, successful CAT Registration is the first and important step to get into IIMs and Top B-schools in India.
CAT 2021 Registration Guide
CAT 2021 Registration guide is released by CAT convening IIM with the start of CAT registration process at iimcat.ac.in to help the CAT applicants to fill and submit CAT registration & Application form.
CAT Registration guide 2021 will comprise all the key details how to register and how to fill CAT 2021 application form, important instructions and do’s & don’ts that you should adhere to while filling in your CAT registration and application form.
How to register for CAT 2021?
Now, coming to the most important point -- how should you Register for CAT 2021. CAT Registration steps are simple and can be completed easily following this step by step guide:
1. Login to CAT website iimcat.ac.in and Create Profile
2. Fill in the CAT Registration Form in following steps
2.1 Fill in Personal Details in Application Form
2.2 Submit Academic Details from Class 10 onwards
2.3 Fill in your Work Experience
2.4 Select IIMs & Programmes that you wish to apply
2.5 Select your Preferred CAT Exam Cities ( IIMs offer a choice of 4 or 6 test cities)
3. Make Online payment of CAT Registration Fee
Before we start Step by Step Guide, take note of these important guidelines:
8 Important Guidelines for CAT Registration 2021
- Keep the entire information like academic details, scanned photo & signature images, registration fee payment instruments ready before filling up the CAT registration & application form
- After receiving CAT ID and Password do not copy paste it to login and filling up application form as it may give mismatch message. Better to write it in the given spaces
- Move carefully to fill your CAT registration form as given in the step by step process below
- It takes half an hour to complete CAT registration and application form. However, you may complete it in parts also. Please ensure to save the application part that you have completed.
- You will not be allowed to move further on CAT registration form, if mandatory information is not filled up.
- Wherever needed, required Certificates, scanned images of photographs, signature are to be uploaded, else your CAT registration will remain incomplete
- If you forget your password during the CAT online registration process, you may click on the Forgot Password button on the Existing User login window. The new password will be sent on the email to you, and not as an SMS.
- Once you have made payment of CAT registration fee and submit the application, you will receive a confirmation mail. After this, changes to any information on the application form are not possible.
10 Documents Required for CAT Online Registration
Before you start CAT Registration 2021, remember to organize these 10 key documents required to complete registration process:
- Documents related to your Educational history from class 10 onwards
- Mark sheets – Class-10
- Mark Sheet – Class 12th
- Mark sheet – Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma
- Final Year Certificate from the HoD/Principal (If in final year of bachelor’s degree) also previous year mark sheet
- Work experience Document, if any
- Applicable Certificates to upload (Category/Affidavits)
- Scanned images of your passport size photo and signature. See detail below.
- Keep ready the list of the IIM programmes to which you wish to apply, before you fill in the application form.
- Keep ready the Registration fee payment instruments like Debit/Credit cards, Net banking.
CAT Exam 2021 Registration: Step by Step Process
As you are ready to register for CAT 2021, you can easily complete the CAT registration 2021 once it opens on August 2-3, 2021. Below are shared the last year CAT registration step by step process which will remain same for 2021 also:
Step1: Login to CAT website iimcat.ac.in to Create your Profile
First step is to visit CAT 2021 Website -- IIMCAT.ac.in. Look for section that says ‘New Candidate Registration’. You need to click this button toRegister as New User. Once you click ‘Register’, a new page titled ‘Register to get User ID and Password’ page will open.
Image 1: New Candidate Registration Button
Step-1.1: Register to Get User ID & Password
On ‘Register to get User ID and Password’ Page (see image below), enter your Name, Date of Birth, Email, Country, and Mobile Number. Then, click ‘Generate OTP’ button. You will get one-time OTP that you can use to login to CAT 2020 main Application Form. You also need to check ‘I agree’ box in Declaration section. Refer image 1.1 below.
Image 1.1: ‘Register to get User ID and Password’
Step-2: Complete CAT 2021 Application Form in Steps as below:
Once you have completed Step 1 as above and have logged in at 'Registered candidate login' window on iimcat.ac.in, you will be directed to fill in the details in your CAT application as in steps below.
Step-2.1: Fill in Personal Details in Application Form
First, fill your personal details like parents' name, gender, category, nationality, communication address among others. Then, you also need to upload your Photograph, Signature and Caste Certificate.
Step-2.2: Fill in Academic Details from Class 10 onwards
After filling your Personal Details, next you will be directed to fill in all your academics beginning from Class 10 onwards like exam taken, Board/University, marks obtained, maximum marks, percentage of marks among others in the CAT 2021 form . The details of professional degree, if any are to be entered on this page.
Step-2.3: Fill the Work Experience obtained after Graduation
After filling your Academic Details, next page on CAT registration that opens is for work experience. If you are a candidate with work experience that you have earned after graduation, enter your experience in months as on 31st July 2021. Select which all industries (like Banking, Auto, IT…) you have worked and enter months of employment.
Step-2.4: Select IIM Programmes & Interview Cities
This CAT registration page requires you to select preferred Programmes offered by 20 IIMs. It is advisable to check your eligibility and then choose the programmes for which you are eligible. For example, if you are eligible for IIM Ahmedabad PGP programme, you may not be eligible for its FABM or executive programmes. So,Select the best IIM programmes and then select the IIM Interview City for that programme from the respective drop down menu.
Step-2.5: Select 6 preferred CAT Exam Cities
This is very important section of CAT application. There are 156 test cities for CAT 2020 exam. Candidates can choose 6 preferred test cities in order of preference to appear in CAT 2020. The choice of test cities should be made with utmost care to save on travel time, accessibility and in the manner that if you are not assigned 1st preferred city, other selected cities should also not be far off.
Step-3: Make payment online for registration Fee
Payment of registration fee is the last step while completing your Registration & Application form. The payment is to be made online. A General / NC-OBC candidate needs to pay Rs.2000 while an SC/ST/PWD candidate will pay Rs.1000 towards the registration & examination fee. The final amount will also include applicable additional charges.
CAT website accepts credit cards, debit cards and net banking, so make sure that you are making payment through one of them
How to Avoid mistake in Registration Process? 10 Points for Error Free Application Submission
Before you register and apply for CAT 2021, please note the following to successfully complete your registration and application form:
- Carefully enter all the personal details in CAT 2021 registration form, no correction is allowed later
- Review all the details you have entered on each page
- Please upload correct size of scanned images of your photograph & signature
- Download the EWS, NC-OBC, SC/ST, PwD Certificates from the CAT website, enter the required information and self-attest, scan as PDF documents & upload the certificates on the CAT website
- If you are a Person with Disability (PwD), Select yes in the Registration form, else you may not be provided assistance at the test centre like wheel chair support and Scribe
- If you need to use a Scribe for the test, arrange the Scribe and fill the Scribe Affidavit form available on the CAT website.
- After you submit the Registration form and make payment, no Editing is allowed, so be careful
- IIMs may open 2-3 days Registration form Editing window after the last date is over. During the period you may re-upload your right size photograph, may edit a few details but no correction in Personal Details will be allowed
- Check that your registration & application form is successfully submitted and you have received the SMS from CAT Exam Centre after form submission
- In case you have made a mistake in the registration form, you must register again with a new email ID. Your CAT 2021 application will be considered for the latest registration and the Admit Card will be issued for the same. Please note that, you will not receive a refund for erroneous submission of application form nor will you get the Admit Card for your earlier registration.
CAT 2021 Registration Process: 5 Major Changes
Compared to previous years, important changes in Registration 2021 are expected as under:
- CAT 2021 Registration window is expected to be extended by one week after the first closing date
- No increase in CAT 2021 registration fee is expected beyond Rs.2000
- The choice of test cities for Delhi NCR candidates in registration is now split into individual test cities like NOIDA, Ghaziabad, Faridabad among others as against one Delhi NCR test city which existed earlier.
- The CAT 2021 applicants can choose separate 4-6 preferred CAT test cities
- Your work experience after graduation will be calculated in days in CAT 2021 instead of months as was in previous years
CAT Registration Trends
CAT exam registrations have gone up substantially in last few years. Number of candidates registering for CAT during last ten years are shared below:
How to select Correct Photos for CAT Registration:
Check that you upload photograph as per the IIMs' prescribed criteria detailed as under to avoid rejection of your registration and application Form
CAT Registration Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. What is the CAT 2021 Registration start date?
Ans. CAT Registration process starts on August 2, 2021.
Q. What is the CAT 2021 registration fee?
Ans. CAT exam registration fee is Rs.2000/- for General category and Rs.1000/- for SC/ST category
Q. I am married and have changed my name after marriage. I am appearing in CAT for the first time which name I should enter in the CAT registration form – Changed Name or as per the degree certificate?
Ans. Please enter your changed name. Provide the supporting documents for change of name at the time of examination, interview and admission.
Q. I have not received the CAT Registration Password although the registration was successful and registration fee has been paid. What to do now?
Ans. Click on the Forgot User ID/Password option on the Existing User login page. You will be prompted to enter your registered Email ID and a Captcha string. You will get your new password on your registered email address but not by SMS.
Q. If I apply for CAT after 5 PM on the last date of CAT registration, can I get successful registration message from IIMs?
Ans. No, you should complete your CAT registration process before 5 PM. Usually IIMs close the CAT registration process but in case of any technical glitches it may remain open for few hours more. However, the move is fraught with risk chances
Q. Can I apply for CAT 2021 in offline mode also?
Ans. No, you can submit only online application for CAT 2021
Q. Is it possible to amend mistake in CAT 2021 registration after form submission?
Ans. After submitting the CAT 2021 online application it is not possible to rectify the errors. You will have to re-register.
Q. Can my score in Masters degree compensate for bachelors degree low score? I scored 76% in Masters but 49% in graduation, can I appear in CAT 2021?
Ans. No, you cannot, you need minimum 50% marks in graduation to appear in CAT 2021 if you are a general category candidate.
Q. What is the size and type of Photograph & signature to be uploaded on CAT 2021 application form?
Ans. The scanned image of your passport photo must be within the dimensions of 30mm X 45mm and for signature the dimensions are 80mm X 35mm.
Q. If I already have a category certificate, can I upload it on CAT 2021 application form or I need a new one?
Ans. If you already have a certificate that fulfils the prescribed criteria, you may upload the same.
Q. I was awarded only grades but not percentage of marks in academics? How should I fill it in CAT registration form?
Ans. You should obtain a certificate from the Board/Institute/University specifying the equivalent marks which should be used for filling the online CAT 2020 application form
Q. I have work experience in the Accounts & finance section of an Automobile company, what should I fill in the application form as the area of work experience - Finance or Automobile?
Ans. Your area of work experience is Finance but the type of company is Automobile. The work experience is to be entered in months till July 31, 2021
Q. I am EWS category candidate. What is the fee I need to pay for CAT 2021 apply online?
Ans. The CAT registration fee 2021 for General, EWS, NC-OBC candidates is Rs.2000 which is the fee for CAT to apply online
Q. What is the minimum percentage of marks required from EWS category candidate in graduation? I scored 49% in the Bachelor’s degree and am EWS candidate, am I eligible to apply online for CAT 2021?
Ans. No, an EWS category candidate must have scored minimum 50% marks in graduation to become eligible for CAT 2021 apply online.
Q. If there remains some mistake in CAT application form, how can I amend it?
Ans. After submitting the CAT online application it is not possible to rectify the errors. Either you have to re-register or wait for the 1-2 days limited time window to be opened by IIMs for error correction. The error correction window is expected to open after the close of CAT registration process.
Q. How to ensure that all the details that I entered in CAT 2021 registration and application form are correct?
Ans. Do not forget to preview all the pages of CAT 2021 application form before submission