CAT Notification 2020 will be released on Sunday, July 26, 2020 by IIM Indore in all leading news papers. A day before the CAT notification official release, IIM Indore will release CAT 2020 Notification via Media Release.
CAT 2020 Notification: Important Information
CAT Notification Media Release and CAT Notification 2020 in news papers will contain important features of CAT exam 2020.
- IIM Indore will conduct CAT 2020 on November 29, 2020
- The CAT notification will be released online through web portals a day before the Notification release in print media
- CAT 2020 Notification is a comprehensive information document about the CAT exam 2020 and contains details about the MBA admission 2021 in various management programmes offered by IIMs.
- CAT Notification will consist of CAT 2020 eligibility, exam date & sessions, registration start and last date, Result date among others
- CAT 2020 Notification will share information about number of test centres which will be more than 150 cities. Candidates will be given the option to select four test cities in order of preference
- After submission of the application, candidates will be permitted to download their examination admit card from October last week onwards till the date of the test
- The duration of the test will be 180 minutes
- There will be three sections in CAT 2020: Section I: Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension; Section II: Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning; Section III: Quantitative Ability
- Candidates will be allotted exactly 60 minutes for answering questions in each section and they will not be allowed to switch from one section to another while answering questions in a section
- The Notification will contain details about CAT website, which will go live on July 26, 2020. There will be a section on Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) that addresses some of the commonly asked queries regarding CAT 2020
- Candidates may also contact the CAT helpdesk over email or phone for any queries
- Tutorials to understand the format of the test will be available on the CAT website from October 2020 third week. Candidates are advised to work on the tutorials available on the CAT website well in advance.
CAT Notification Dates 2020
The important CAT exam 2020 notification release date and other details regarding the CAT Exam 2020 Notification release dates are given below. CAT 2020 Exam Notification contains all details about CAT exam - Registration dates, Admit card dates, CAT exam date and CAT Result Date. The CAT exam 2020 notification expected release date and time lines for CAT exam are as follows:
CAT 2020 Notification Activity Schedule
Important Dates in CAT Notification 2020
CAT Notification Date 2020 through Web Portals
Saturday, July 25, 2020
CAT Notification Release date in News Papers
Sunday, July 26, 2020
CAT Notification 2020: Key Points to Note
Apart from the CAT notification dates for all the CAT exam related activities, the CAT Notification contains various other CAT details like Programmes offered by IIMs, key exam related activities among others.
The CAT Notification defines the CAT Eligibility to apply and details about the MBA programmes offered by all the 20 IIMs. Salient features of CAT 2020 Notification are:
- CAT Notification 2020 has a list of 20 IIMs and programmes offered by them
- Only those Management programmes offered by IIMs are mentioned in CAT notification where admission is offered through CAT exam
- CAT notification 2020 describes the changed reservation pattern of intake in IIMs consequent upon the changes in reservation policy announced by Government of India
- CAT Notification contains the names and numbers of CAT test centres which are spread across India
- CAT Exam Notification further describes when the test Cities and centres will be assigned to the candidates. Since 2014, each CAT Notification has clarified that the CAT centres are allotted only after the last date for CAT registration is over. Accordingly CAT exam notification suggests that candidates need not rush to block slots and cities in the initial days of registration.
- CAT notification advises the mode of payment of CAT 2020 exam fee. Candidates must pay the registration fee through online payment modes only, which includes credit cards, debit cards and net banking.
- CAT 2020 Notification clarifies how to submit the application for CAT
- CAT Notification shares information about the CAT score card availability date.
- CAT Notification 2020 has CAT helpdesk number as well as CAT exam centre Mail ID.
- A paragraph with information on IIM admission process in CAT Notification 2020 is also inserted to apprise the candidates to know about the Admission details.
CAT Notification: Actual Image of Last Year Notification
Previous year CAT Notification is given below. The details contained in this CAT notification clarifies the actual details available in CAT Notification:
CAT Notification 2020: Media Release
A day before the CAT Exam 2020 Notification Release Date in new papers, IIMs will send the media release about CAT Notification to web portals and media.
Common Admission Test (CAT) 2020 is the mandatory entrance exam for admission to MBA/PGDM 2021-23 programmes in all the 20 IIMs, FMS Delhi, SPJIMR Mumbai, MDI Gurugram, IMI New Delhi, IMT Ghaziabad, JBIMS Mumbai, TAPMI Manipal and other hundreds of highly ranked B-schools in India. One or other older IIM conducts CAT every year.