CAT Application Form 2022: Application Process is Open from Aug 3; Check Key Guidelines, Step by Step Process
CAT 2022 Application has opened from August 3, 2022 at iimcat.ac.in. Organized by one of the top 6 IIMs every year, Common Admission Test (CAT) is the mandatory entrance exam for admission to MBA/PGDM in all the 20 IIMs and hundreds of other highly ranked B-schools including FMS Delhi, SPJIMR Mumbai, MDI Gurugram, IITs, and others. The exam will have a combination of MCQs and Non-MCQs to provide level playing field to the students of all streams. CAT 2022 Application process is open for 45 days and is available at official CAT website iimcat.ac.in. The last date to apply for CAT closes on September 14, 2022 at 5 PM. CAT exam date is November 27, 2022. This year IIM Bangalore is conducting CAT on November 27, 2022 in three slots of 2 hours duration each. Prof Ashis Mishra, faculty at IIM Bangalore is the CAT 2022 exam Convener.
Every year more than 2 lakh candidates apply for CAT exam. Last year 2.30 lakh MBA aspirants had applied for CAT exam. If you are an MBA aspirant and wish to take admission in one of the IIMs, you need to first apply for CAT exam by meticulously following the step by step process. If you miss any step, your application for CAT 2022 will remain incomplete and if you fill in any wrong information in the application form, you will not get admission in any IIM even after scoring high in CAT 2022 exam. Read below all about the key requirements & check points for CAT exam 2022 application, CAT application start date, CAT application Fees, Step by Step CAT Application Process 2022 for CAT online application 2022, CAT application form Last Date among other details
Table of Contents
- How to Apply for CAT 2022
- CAT Exam 2022 Application Form Completion: Step by Step Process
- CAT 2022 Application Form: How to Get Ready for the Process?
- How to Upload Photograph & Signature in CAT Application Form 2022?
- CAT 2022 Application: 10 Key Documents Required
- CAT Application Eligibility Criteria
- Why to Apply for CAT 2022? Importance of CAT Exam
- CAT 2022 Application Form Filling Guide
- CAT 2022 Application Process: 5 Major Changes
- How to Avoid mistake in CAT Application Form? 10 Points for Error Free Application Submission
- CAT 2022 Application Dates
- CAT Application Trends
- How to Select Correct Photos for CAT 2022 Application Form
- CAT FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions on CAT Application 2022
1. How to Apply for CAT 2022?
Now, coming to the most important point -- how you should apply for the CAT 2022 exam. CAT application 2022 steps are simple and can be completed easily following this step by step guide:
1. Login to CAT website iimcat.ac.in and Create Profile
2. Fill in the Registration & Application Form in following steps
2.1 Fill in Personal Details in Application Form
2.2 Submit Academic Details from Class 10 onwards
2.3 Fill in your Work Experience
2.4 Select IIMs & Programmes that you wish to apply
2.5 Select your Preferred CAT Exam Cities ( IIMs offer a choice of 4 or 6 test cities)
3. Make Online payment of CAT Application Form Fee
Refer image below. We will take you step by step and give you all the details on how to apply for CAT 2022.
IIM Bangalore which is convening CAT 2022 exam in three slots in partnership with testing agency TCS, will have an exam pattern with combination of MCQs and Non-MCQs to provide level playing field to the students of all streams.
Prepare for CAT 2022 with IMS Coaching – Avail Special 10% MBAUniverse.com Discount on all courses | Join Now
2. CAT Exam 2022 Application Form Completion: Step by Step Process
As you are ready to apply for CAT 2022, you can easily complete the CAT application form in following steps. Below are shared the CAT 2022 application step by step process:
Step1: Login to CAT website iimcat.ac.in to Create your Profile
First step is to visit CAT 2022 Website -- IIMCAT.ac.in. Look for section that says ‘New Candidate Registration’. You need to click this button toRegister as New User. Once you click ‘Register’, a new page titled ‘Register to get User ID and Password’ page will open.
Image 1: New Candidate Registration Button
Step-1.1: Register to Get User ID & Password
On ‘Register to get User ID and Password’ Page (see image below), enter your Name, Date of Birth, Email, Country, and Mobile Number. Then, click ‘Generate OTP’ button. You will get one-time OTP that you can use to login to CAT 2022 main Application Form. You also need to check ‘I agree’ box in Declaration section. Refer image 1.1 below.
Prepare for CAT 2022 with IMS Coaching – Avail Special 10% MBAUniverse.com Discount on all courses | Join Now
Image 1.1: ‘Register to get User ID and Password’
Step-2: Complete CAT 2022 Application Form in Steps as below:
Once you have completed Step 1 as above you need to login at 'Registered candidate login' window on iimcat.ac.in, as below. After login, you will be directed to fill in the details in your CAT application as in steps below.
Step-2.1: Fill in Personal Details in CAT Application Form
First, fill your personal details like parents' name, gender, category, nationality, communication address among others. Then, you also need to upload your Photograph, Signature and Caste Certificate.
Step-2.2: Fill in Academic Details from Class 10 onwards
After filling your Personal Details, next you will be directed to fill in all your academics beginning from Class 10 onwards like exam taken, Board/University, marks obtained, maximum marks, percentage of marks among others in the CAT 2022 form . The details of professional degree, if any are to be entered on this page.
Step-2.3: Fill the Work Experience obtained after Graduation
After filling your Academic Details, next page on registration form that opens is for work experience. If you are a candidate with work experience that you have earned after graduation, enter your experience in months as on 31st July 2022. Select which all industries (like Banking, Auto, IT…) you have worked and enter months of employment.
Step-2.4: Select IIM Programmes & Interview Cities
This CAT Application form page requires you to select preferred Programmes offered by 20 IIMs. It is advisable to check your eligibility and then choose the programmes for which you are eligible. For example, if you are eligible for IIM Ahmedabad PGP programme, you may not be eligible for its FABM or executive programmes. So, select the best IIM programmes and then select the IIM Interview City for that programme from the respective drop down menu.
Step-2.5 Select Test Cities
You can select 6 most preferred test cities out of 150+ cities in which CAT 2022 exam is scheduled. CAT Centre 2022 will make all out efforts to allot you your first preferred test city. However, in case due to any reason it is not allotted, you will be allotted the next preferred test city. Some of the key changes made in CAT 2022 test cities are as under:
- Noida and Greater Noida in Uttar Pradesh are clubbed into one test city for CAT 2022. Last year they were available as separate test cities
- Faridabad and Gurgaon in Haryana are clubbed as one Test city for CAT 2022. Last year they were separate test cities
Step-3: Make payment online for CAT Application Form Fee
CAT application fee is increased to Rs.2300 this year. Last year it was Rs.2200. Payment of CAT exam 2022 application fee is the last step while completing your CAT Registration & Application form. The payment is to be made online. A General / NC-OBC candidate needs to pay Rs.2300 while an SC/ST/PWD candidate will pay Rs.1150 towards the CAT Application & examination fee. The final amount will also include applicable additional charges.
CAT website accepts credit cards, debit cards and net banking, so make sure that you are making payment through one of them. Below is shared the CAT 2022 fee payment window
Please note that if you miss any step, your application process will remain incomplete and if you fill in any wrong information in CAT application form, you will not get admission in any IIM even after scoring high percentile in CAT 2022 exam.
3. CAT 2022 Application Form: How to Get Ready for the Process?
CAT exam 2022 application process is online. So, you need a computer with good connectivity. Following are the important pre-requisites for CAT application and key check points you should know before proceeding to complete your CAT exam 2022 application form
3.1 Check your Laptop/Desktop for fast connectivity
3.2 The CAT Application Form is compatible with Android (version 4.0 and above) and iOS (version 11 and above)
3.3 The recommended browsers to fill the CAT Application form are:
- Mozilla(85 to 102)
- Google chrome(80 to 103)
- Microsoft Edge(80 to 103)
3.4 Make sure that your E-mail Id is working as you will need it throughout the CAT exam and even after till the admission process in IIMs is not completed
3.4 Make sure that you have with you all your academic details from class 10 onwards; details about your work experience if any; Category reservation certificate (if applicable)
3.5 Keep the instruments ready to pay the CAT registration fee like Net Banking, Credit/Debit card
4. How to Upload Photograph & Signature in CAT Application Form 2022?
Below are the key instructions released by CAT 2022 centre at IIM Bangalore regarding the upload process of applicant’s photograph and signature in CAT Registration & Application form
4.1 How to Upload Photograph in CAT Application Form 2022? Check below
- Upload your recent passport size photograph of not more than 6 months old.
- The dimension of the photograph should be 1200 pixels x 1200 pixels.
- Maximum file size: 1 MB
- File Formats: Only JPEG, JPG
- Please upload the same photograph, that you will affix on the Admit Card on the day of the test (November 27, 2022).
- The photo-print should be clear and with a continuous-tone quality. It should have a white/offwhite background, full face, neck and shoulders, front view, eyes open.
- Ensure that the photograph is scanned properly using a scanner only. Do not use mobile phone or other mobile applications to scan your photograph.
4.2. How to Upload Signature in CAT Application Form 2022?
- Upload your signature only in JPEG, JPG formats
- Maximum File Size is 80KB
5. CAT 2022 Application: 10 Key Documents Required
Before you begin with the CAT Application process, remember to organize these 10 key documents required to complete the CAT Application 2022 form:
- Documents related to your Educational history from class 10 onwards
- Mark sheets – Class-10
- Mark Sheet – Class 12th
- Mark sheet – Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma
- Final Year Certificate from the HoD/Principal (If in final year of bachelor’s degree) also previous year mark sheet
- Work experience Document, if any
- Applicable Certificates to upload (Category/Affidavits). Check and understand the size and format of Documents to be Uploaded
- Scanned images of your passport size photo and signature. See detail below.
- Keep ready the list of the IIM programmes to which you wish to apply, before you fill in the application form.
- Keep ready the online fee payment instruments like Debit/Credit cards, Net banking.
6. CAT Application Eligibility Criteria
CAT Application Eligibility Criteria require that you should have one of the following academic qualifications
- A graduate in any discipline with minimum 50% marks in bachelor’s degree, if you a general category candidate; or
- Appearing in final year of graduation in 2022; or
- A graduate in any discipline with minimum 45% marks in bachelor’s degree, if you a reserved category candidate
7. Why to Apply for CAT 2022? Importance of CAT Exam
CAT 2022 is the mandatory exam for MBA admission in 20 IIMs and other top MBA colleges. To appear in CAT 2022 you must apply for the exam first. Key features of CAT are detailed below
7.1 CAT 2022 Offers Admission Opportunity in 20 IIMs & Other Top B-Schools
By completing your CAT 2022 application form and appearing in CAT exam, you become eligible to be considered in all the following 20 IIMs for admission 2023 final selection process:
In addition to 20 IIMs, more than 500 B-schools including FMS Delhi, SPJIMR Mumbai, MDI Gurgaon, SJMSoM IIT Mumbai, DoMS IIT Delhi among others accept CAT scores. Check list of Top MBA Colleges Accepting CAT. So, successful CAT application submission is the first and important step to get into IIMs and Top B-schools in India.
7.2 Key Features & Careful Understanding of CAT 2022 Application Form Completion: CAT 2022 application is Online process
- CAT Application Window: CAT 2022 Exam Application window is of minimum 45 days from August 3 to September 14, 2022
- What does the CAT Fee include: The CAT Registration & Application Fee, IIM application Fee and CAT exam fee is included in the CAT exam Application Fee
- 1st Step for IIM Admission: CAT 2022 Application is the first step to become eligible to appear in CAT 2022 exam
- Where to Find CAT Application Details: All the details on CAT Application 2022 process for CAT exam are released on official CAT 2022 exam website iimcat.ac.in
- No. of Candidates in CAT Exam Application: Around 2,40,000 candidates are expected to apply for CAT 2022 online. Last year 2.30 Lakh candidates had applied for CAT exam 2021
- When to Apply for CAT: It is advisable to register and apply for CAT 2022 a few days before the last date as during the last days of CAT application, you may face some technical glitches
- Why to be Careful in CAT Application Process: In case the CAT application form is not properly filled in and submitted at the last minute of CAT exam application or the Online application fee payment is stuck in transit, you will have to register and apply again. It is advisable to complete your CAT Online Application 2022 as early as possible without waiting for last minute.
8. CAT 2022 Application Form Filling Guide
IIM Bangalore has released Guidelines for CAT 2022 Registration & Application process at iimcat.ac.in. The CAT application guide helps the CAT applicants to fill and submit CAT registration & Application form with accuracy. The CAT 2022 application guide and CAT application form filling Video comprise all the key details how to register and how to fill CAT 2022 application form, important instructions and do’s & don’ts that you should adhere to while filling in your CAT registration & application form.
8.1 Important Guidelines for CAT 2022 Application
Take note of the following important guidelines:
- Keep the entire information like academic details, scanned photo & signature images, registration fee payment instruments ready before filling up the registration & application form
- After receiving CAT ID and Password do not copy paste it to login window and for filling up application form as it may give mismatch message. Better to write it in the given spaces
- Move carefully to fill your CAT application form as given in the step by step process above
- It takes half an hour to complete the CAT registration and application form. However, you may complete it in parts also. Please ensure to save the application part that you have completed.
- You will not be allowed to move further on CAT registration and application form, if mandatory information is not filled up.
- Wherever needed, required Certificates, scanned images of photographs, signature are to be uploaded, else your application will remain incomplete
- If you forget your password during the online CAT application process, you may click on the Forgot Password button on the Existing User login window. The new password will be sent on the email to you, and not as an SMS.
- Once you have made payment of CAT application fee and submit the application, you will receive a confirmation mail. After this, changes to any information on the application form are not possible.
9. CAT 2022 Application Process: 5 Major Changes
Compared to previous years, important changes in CAT Application 2022 are as under:
- A few CAT 2022 Test cities are clubbed into one. For example you cannot choose Noida and Greater Noida as separate test cities. Both the cities are made as one in CAT Application form. Similarly, Faridabad and Gurgaon are also clubbed as one test city
- CAT Application fee is increased by Rs.100. The fee has gone up at Rs.2300 for CAT 2022 from Rs.2200 last year
- The CAT 2022 applicants can choose upto 6 preferred CAT test cities
- Your work experience after graduation will be calculated in days in CAT 2022 instead of months as was in previous years
- CAT Application window is expected to be extended by one week after the first closing date
10. How to Avoid mistake in CAT Application Form? 10 Points for Error Free Application Submission
Please note the following to successfully complete your CAT Application 2022 form:
- Carefully enter all the personal details in CAT 2022 application form, no correction is allowed later
- Review all the details you have entered on each page
- Please upload correct size of scanned images of your photograph & signature
- Download the EWS, NC-OBC, SC/ST, PwD Certificates from the CAT website, enter the required information and self-attest, scan as PDF documents & upload the certificates on the CAT website
- If you are a Person with Disability (PwD), Select yes in the CAT Application form, else you may not be provided assistance at the test centre like wheel chair support and Scribe
- If you need to use a Scribe for the test, arrange the Scribe and fill the Scribe Affidavit form available on the CAT website.
- After you submit the CAT application form and make payment, no Editing is allowed, so be careful
- IIMs may open 2-3 days CAT Application form Editing window after the last date is over. During the period you may re-upload your right size photograph, may edit a few details but no correction in Personal Details will be allowed
- Check that your CAT registration & application form is successfully submitted and you have received the SMS from CAT Exam Centre after form submission
- In case you have made a mistake in the application form, you must register again with a new email ID. Your CAT 2022 application will be considered for the latest registration and the Admit Card will be issued for the same. Please note that, you will not receive a refund for erroneous submission of application form nor will you get the Admit Card for your earlier registration.
11. CAT 2022 Application: Important Dates
CAT Online Application 2022 Activity
Important CAT Dates for Application
CAT Application Start date 2022
August 3, 2022
CAT 2022 Application Last Date
September 14, 2022
Closing time on CAT Application Last Date
CAT Application Fee
CAT 2022 Application Last Date with late fee
Source: CAT website iimcat.ac.in
All the candidates who complete their CAT 2022 application within the application window of more than 45 days will be treated at par in Test Centre allotment and Test session allotment process. CAT Application 2022 fee is increased to Rs.2300/-. The exam pattern is likely to remain same as that of last year and the exam will be conducted in 3 slots as was conducted last year.
12. CAT Application Trends
CAT exam applications have gone up substantially in last few years. Number of candidates applying for CAT during last ten years are shared below:
13. How to Select Correct Photos for CAT 2022 Application Form
Check that you upload photograph as per the IIMs' prescribed criteria detailed as under to avoid rejection of your CAT registration and application Form
14. CAT FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions on CAT Application
Q. What is the CAT 2022 Application start date?
Ans. CAT Application process is open from August 3, to September 14, 2022.
Q. What is the CAT Application Fee?
Ans. CAT 2022 exam application fee is Rs.2300 for General category and Rs.1150 for SC/ST category
Q. I am married and have changed my name after marriage. I am appearing in CAT for the first time which name I should enter in the CAT application form – Changed Name or as per the degree certificate?
Ans. Please enter your changed name. Provide the supporting documents for change of name at the time of examination, interview and admission.
Q. I have not received the CAT Application Password although the application was successful and application fee has been paid. What to do now?
Ans. Click on the Forgot User ID/Password option on the Existing User login page. You will be prompted to enter your registered Email ID and a Captcha string. You will get your new password on your registered email address but not by SMS.
Q. If I apply for CAT after 5 PM on the last date of CAT application, can I get successful registration message from IIMs?
Ans. No, you should complete your CAT application process before 5 PM. Usually IIMs close the application process but in case of any technical glitches it may remain open for few hours more. However, the move is fraught with risk chances
Q. Can I apply for CAT 2022 in offline mode also?
Ans. No, you can submit only online application for CAT 2022
Q. Is it possible to amend mistake in CAT 2022 application after form submission?
Ans. After submitting the CAT 2022 online application it is not possible to rectify the errors. You will have to re-register.
Q. Can my score in Masters degree compensate for bachelor’s degree low score? I scored 76% in Masters but 49% in graduation, can I appear in CAT 2022?
Ans. No, you cannot, you need minimum 50% marks in graduation to appear in CAT 2022 if you are a general category candidate.
Q. What is the size and type of Photograph & signature to be uploaded on CAT 2022 application form?
Ans. The scanned image of your passport photo must be within the dimensions of 30mm X 45mm and for signature the dimensions are 80mm X 35mm.
Q. If I already have a category certificate, can I upload it on CAT 2022 application form or I need a new one?
Ans. If you already have a certificate that fulfils the prescribed criteria, you may upload the same.
Q. I was awarded only grades but not percentage of marks in academics? How should I fill it in CAT application form?
Ans. You should obtain a certificate from the Board/Institute/University specifying the equivalent marks which should be used for filling the online CAT 2022 application form
Q. I have work experience in the Accounts & finance section of an Automobile company, what should I fill in the application form as the area of work experience - Finance or Automobile?
Ans. Your area of work experience is Finance but the type of company is Automobile. The work experience is to be entered in months till July 31, 2022
Q. I am EWS category candidate. What is the fee I need to pay for CAT 2022 apply online?
Ans. The CAT application fee 2022 for General, EWS, NC-OBC candidates is same. So it is likely to be Rs.2300 which is the fee for CAT to apply online
Q. What is the minimum percentage of marks required from EWS category candidate in graduation? I scored 49% in the Bachelor’s degree and am EWS candidate, am I eligible to apply online for CAT 2022?
Ans. No, an EWS category candidate must have scored minimum 50% marks in graduation to become eligible for CAT 2022 apply online.
Q. If there remains some mistake in CAT application form, how can I amend it?
Ans. After submitting the CAT online application, it is not possible to rectify the errors. Either you have to re-apply or wait for the 1-2 days limited time window to be opened by IIMs for error correction. The error correction window is expected to open after the close of CAT app process.
Q. How to ensure that all the details that I entered in CAT 2022 application form are correct?
Ans. Do not forget to preview all the pages of CAT 2022 application form before submission
Q. What is the last date of CAT Application 2022?
Ans. The Last date to apply for CAT 2022 is September 14, 2022
Q. Will the last date for CAT 2022 be extended?
Ans. Possibly Yes, during the last 5 years IIMs have extended the last date to register for CAT exam by 5 to 7 days.
|India’s Top MBA Entrance Exams: Check Dates, Pattern, Mocks, Registration Process…|