After Close of CAT Registration 2019 on September 25 at 5 PM, the CAT 2019 Error Correction Window is opened from September 28 by IIM Kozhikode to help the CAT 2019 aspirants edit the specific errors in CAT Registration form, particularly in photograph and signature upload.
CAT Error Edit Option Opens on September 28
The CAT 2019 error correction window to edit CAT application form details is open from 10 AM on September 28, 2019 for three days.
Last Date for CAT Error Correction in Application Form: September 30
The last date to Edit the CAT Registration Form errors, is September 30, 2019 till 5 PM.
Announcing the opening of CAT Edit Option window for limited period to rectify the errors in uploading the photograph and signature in CAT application form, IIM Kozhikode has clarified, “CAT 2019 applicants can edit their Photograph and Signature from September 28, 10.00 AM to September 30, 5.00 PM”
CAT 2019 Application Form Edit Option: Type of Errors You can Edit
Following type of CAT application form 2019 mistakes can be edited during the limited period availability of CAT Error Correction Window from September 28, 2019 to September 30, 2019 till 5 PM.
CAT Error Edit Option for Photograph Upload
Following type of errors in photograph upload can be edited during the CAT error edit option window:
- Upload Photograph of specified size with the dimensions 35mm X 45mm with maximum file size of 80KB
- Upload Fresh photograph, if the already uploaded photograph is blurred
- Upload High Resolution Photograph of minimum150px
- Upload most recent photograph not more than 6 months old
- If the already uploaded photograph has side face, replace & upload with front face photograph
- Upload Head & Shoulder colour photograph with white/off-white back ground
- Upload only JPEG/JPG file format photograph
- You need to paste same photograph on CAT admit card as you have uploaded on the CAT application form
CAT Error Edit Option for Signature Upload
Following types of errors in Signature upload can be edited during the CAT error edit option window:
- Upload scanned image of your signature of specified size with the dimensions 1000mm X 35mm with maximum file size of 80KB
- Upload Fresh signature image, if the already uploaded scanned signature is not correct
- Upload clear signature image taken on white paper in black/blue ink
- Upload signature of minimum150px
- Upload only JPEG/JPG file format signature image
Edit Academic Details
Although IIM Kozhikode has not announced specifically whether the edit option for errors in following details is allowed, you may be able to edit following errors during cAT error correction window:
Class 10 Marks
You can edit the details entered in percentage of marks column of class 10/SSC or equivalent.
If you have not been able to enter correct percentage of marks for class 12/HSC or equivalent you will have the opportunity to correct the same. Please remember almost all the IIMs have defined the good range of weightages for class 12/HSC percentage of marks in shortlisting criteria.
Bachelor’s degree marks
It is very much necessary that your percentage of marks are correctly calculated and entered in CAT 2019 registration form. Accordingly, you should ensure that there is no mistake and right percentage of marks is filled up in the CAT 2019 application edit period.
Work experience: Quality & Length-Both important
The work experience has to be entered in months, please check that you have entered correct length of work experience in months. Besides, you should check that correct details for the area of work experience have been entered
IIM Programmes & Interview cities
There are 20 IIMs who altogether offer more than 40 management programmes. You must check and edit the details, in case you filled up the details in a hurry. Select the right programme and right interview city for the said programme. Make sure that you arrive at the right decision without fail.
Errors With No Edit option
You cannot edit certain personal details like Name, Date of Birth, email id, mobile number in the CAT 2019 application form. If you have made a mistake in these details, the best way is to contact CAT 2019 help desk and get the solution from them.
Edit option available only once
CAT 2019 test takers can correct the errors in their application form only once till they submit their application form after editing the errors during the limited period error correction window.
CAT 2019 Registration last date has been extended upto September 25, 2019. As shared in the media release dated September 17 of IIM Kozhikode, Prof. Shubhasis Dey, Convener CAT 2019 and faculty at IIM Kozhikode has stated that the natural calamities have caused disruption and due to the difficulties faced by the candidates IIMs have decided to extend the last date for CAT 2019 registration to September 25, 2019 till 5 P.M.
Media Release for CAT 2019
September 17, 2019, Kozhikode: In response to disruptions caused by natural calamities during the Common Admission Test 2019 (CAT 2019) registration period and the continuing difficulty of candidates to procure the necessary documentation for timely registration, the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) decide to extend the CAT 2019 registration deadline to September 25, 2019.
According to Prof. Shubhasis Dey, IIM Kozhikode, Convener, CAT 2019,
- CAT 2019 will be conducted on November 24, 2019 (Sunday) in two sessions spread across 156 cities.
- Registration for CAT 2019 will now close at 5.00 pm on September 25, 2019 (Wednesday).
- Candidates will be permitted to download their examination admit card from October 23, 2019 onwards, until the date of the test.
- In the first part of CAT application which is registration process, carefully enter all the personal details, no correction is allowed later after clicking on Submit button
- Review all the details you have entered on each page the CAT 2019 Application Form
- Please upload right size of scanned images of your photograph & signature in the CAT application form
- Download the EWS, NC-OBC, SC/ST, PwD Certificates from the CAT website, enter the required information and self-attest, scan as PDF documents & upload the certificates on the CAT website on the relevant CAT application form page
- If you are a Person with Disability (PwD), Select yes in the CAT application form, else you may not be provided assistance at the test centre like wheel chair support and Scribe
- If you need to use a Scribe for the test, arrange the Scribe and fill the Scribe Affidavit form available on the CAT website.
- After you submit the CAT 2019 application form and make payment, no Editing is allowed
- IIM Kozhikode may open 2-3 days CAT application form Editing window after September 18. During the period you may re-upload your right size photograph, may edit a few details but no correction in Personal Details as entered in the registration form, will be allowed
- Check that your CAT application form is successfully submitted and you have received the SMS from CAT Exam Centre after form submission
- In case you have made a mistake in CAT application form, you must register and apply again with a new email ID. Your CAT 2019 application will be considered for the latest registration and the Admit Card will be issued for the same. Please note that, you will not receive a refund or Admit Card for your earlier CAT registration & application form
Important change in CAT Application 2019 has been introduced by IIMs now. The choice of test cities for Delhi NCR candidates in CAT application 2019 has again been split into individual test cities like NOIDA, Ghaziabad, Faridabad among others as against one Delhi NCR test city which existed when the CAT 2019 application process had started. Now the CAT 2019 applicants from Delhi NCR can choose separate 4 preferred CAT test cities.
CAT online application 2019 process for admission to MBA programmes in IIMs can be completed on iimcat website. The last date for CAT online application form 2019 is September 25, 2019. As announced and confirmed by IIM Kozhikode the CAT application 2019 form submission will close at 5 PM on Sep 18. The CAT application form fee is Rs.1900. To submit CAT online form 2019, you need to pay CAT exam fee online only. IIMs have not increased the CAT 2019 Application form fee which is same as last year. The cost of CAT online application 2019 comes to less than Rs.100/- to apply for each of the 20 IIMs with a common and single CAT online form 2019.
Admission Notification | Apply Now
|IMI New Delhi, PGDM Admissions 2020 Open||SDA Bocconi Asia Center Mumbai, Batch 2020-22|
|BITS Pilani, MBA Admission open 2020|
|BIMTECH Greater Noida, PGDM- 2020-22||UPES MBA Admissions 2020 | Apply Now|
The process how to apply for CAT 2019 is not difficult. However, before you proceed to fill in CAT online application form, you should gather important documents required to complete the CAT application 2019. These documents include marks sheets from class 10 to bachelor’s degree, scanned images of photo and signature, category certificate if required, work experience certificate, Debit/credit card for payment of CAT application fee online.
CAT online application 2019 process had started on August 7, 2019 at 10 AM on the IIM CAT 2019 website. The CAT exam fee is included in the CAT application form fee. CAT 2019 is the mandatory exam for MBA admission in 20 IIMs and other top MBA colleges. CAT exam 2019 online application submission is the first step to become eligible to appear in CAT exam. All the details on CAT online application 2019 process for CAT exam were released on July 28, 2019 by IIM Kozhikode which is conducting CAT exam 2019.
Around 2.5 lakh candidates are expected to apply for CAT 2019 online, it is advisable not to wait for the last date to apply for CAT 2019. Complete and submit your CAT application form 2019 by making the requisite application fee much before the last date to apply for CAT approaches. During the last days of CAT application form submission, you may face some technical glitches in the process of login and applying online for CAT 2019 on the CAT exam website. It is also unlikely that the last date for CAT application 2019 will be extended by IIM Kozhikode.
Below is shared the process how to apply for CAT 2019 and the step wise process how to fill in the CAT application form
5 Features of CAT Online Application Form 2019
- For CAT 2019 Apply Online by September 25, 2019
- Recommended browsers to fill the CAT online form are Internet Explorer (version 11 and above); or Mozilla Firefox (version 50 and above); or Google Chrome (version 50 and above)
- There is no offline facility other than CAT 2019 online application submission
- The application fee for CAT online application form 2019 is Rs.1900 for General and Rs.950 for Reserved category candidates
No Editing in CAT online form 2019 is possible after making payment and after CAT 2019 application online submission
CAT 2019 Application Form: Key Points
- CAT Application form 2019 fee is Rs.1900/- as was last year
- Use Internet Explorer (version 11 and above) or Mozilla Firefox (version 50 and above) or Google Chrome (version 50 and above) to fill in the Application Form
- You can fill in NOIDA, Ghaziabad, Faridabad, Gurugram and other 6-7 cities as separate test city in the CAT application form this year as they are split into separate cities instead of being clubbed into one city as happened last year.
- After Registering for CAT 2019, you need to complete the CAT Application form
- CAT 2019 fee payment should be made after reviewing all the details entered in the application form
- Download and Keep a hard copy of completed CAT 2019 application form for reference
There is no change announced in the CAT 2019 exam pattern by the CAT convening IIM Kozhikode. Besides, the CAT exam duration also remains of three hours with 100 questions divided in three sections, as was the last year.
CAT is the largest MBA entrance exam conducted every year by IIMs for MBA admission in 20 IIMs and other top MBA colleges of India. IIM Kozhikode will conduct CAT 2019 in two separate sessions. The Common Admission Test (CAT) CAT 2019 will have a combination of MCQs and Non-MCQs to provide level playing field to the students of all streams.
CAT Application Form 2019: 5 Mistakes to Avoid
Following mistakes should be avoided while filling up the application form for CAT 2019. The Application process is simple and can be completed within the specified time although candidate can login again and again to complete the application.
- Use only Internet Explorer (version 11 and above)/Mozilla Firefox (version 50 to 61) or Google Chrome (version 50 to 69) while filling up CAT 2019 application form
- Do not forget to verify OTP before login at CAT official website as registered user
- Do not fill up incorrect personal or academic details in CAT application form. It will require you to fill up with your academic details, uploading of photograph, signature and requires category certificates as per the IIMs prescribed format for CAT application. So keep the entire information ready before filling up the CAT 2019 application form
- Carefully examine all the filled up details in CAT application form. Once you click on submit, details can not be changed.
- After making payment and submitting the CAT application form, wait till you receive the confirmation message of successful submission.
CAT Application Form 2019 Important Dates
Completing the CAT Exam 2019 Registration is the first and most important step to get ready for IIM CAT exam to be conducted by IIMs on November 24, 2019. It is therefore necessary to know all the CAT application form 2019 important Dates. It may be noted that while the CAT application form start date is pre announced along with the CAT 2019 application form last date, IIMs may extend the CAT 2019 application form last Date by a few days. Accordingly, the CAT application form 2019 dates corresponding to all the key activities related to CAT exam 2019 are given below:
CAT Application Form 2019 Dates
Key Dates & Details
CAT Application Form Start Date
August 7, 2019
CAT 2019 Application form last date
September 25, 2019 at 5 PM (Extended from Sep 18)
CAT Application Form 2019 Guide Release
August 7, 2019 onwards
CAT Application Form Fee
CAT Online Form 2019: 5 page document
CAT application form 2019 will be available online only. The step by step process how to fill the CAT application form online, how to pay CAT application fee and ultimately how to submit CAT application form must be known before you begin to fill the CAT application form.
CAT 2019 online registration form and CAT 2019 application form is a single document divided in 5 pages and as such cannot be separated. After entering the basic details as a new user registering for CAT 2019, you have to complete the CAT Application process.
CAT 2019 Application Form Last Date to Apply - September 25, 2019
CAT 2019 online application process will remain open till 11.59 PM on September 25, 2019. CAT Application online form in the past also remained open for more than one and a half month.
CAT 2019 Application form needs to be filled up cautiously as per the CAT Application guidelines as the application form mistakes in CAT may require you to apply again and your earlier CAT application fee may also not be adjusted. It should be noted that final submission of CAT application form must be done latest by the CAT 2019 Application form last date since IIMs do not provide any facility to submit the CAT form beyond the CAT application form 2019 dates. Please also note that no late charges are applied on CAT application form fees.
So be careful, while completing the CAT application process. Please note that the CAT Application process is online only and there will be no offline CAT application form.
CAT Application and Registration Form: Integral Part
There is no separate CAT Form 2019. The CAT 2019 application form is a part of CAT 2019 registration form. CAT online registration process will also have CAT application 2019 as a part of the complete CAT registration and application process. You will need to apply for CAT online and while completing your CAT 2019 form online CAT application 2019 form can be filled up.
CAT 2019 Application Process: Important Points to Note
- CAT 2019 Application Form is available online only
- CAT 2019 Application process will remain open for more than 45 days. CAT application form start date is August 5. It is also possible that CAT 2019 application last date is extended by a few days from September 25, 2019
- Before you apply for CAT 2019, you must read the instructions and guidelines – how to apply for CAT 2019
- While filling up the online CAT 2019 application form, you should be clear in your mind which management programmes in 20 IIMs, you wish to opt for. The CAT application form asks you to fill in the details in the application form.
- The CAT application form fees is Rs.1900/- for CAT 2019
- In case of filling incorrect information in CAT 2019 application form not only the candidature of the aspirant will be treated as invalid but the CAT application fee will also be forfeited.
- CAT 2019 application process can be completed in 3 steps – CAT Registration, filling up the CAT application form and making payment of CAT application fee.
- Read the instructions and watch the video on CAT website before beginning to fill up the CAT application form.
- You can save and exit while filling up the CAT 2019 application form any number of times to edit and complete it later or can Save & Continue each section till you submit the application.
- Fee for CAT application is to be paid after completing your CAT online application 2019
- If you do not pay the CAT 2019 application fee after completing your CAT 2019 application form, your CAT application will remain incomplete and you will not be allowed to appear in CAT 2019 exam.
First Register and then fill up CAT 2019 Application Form
The 1st part of CAT online application form requires your basic details and is called the Registration form. You need not pay any fee for the basic CAT Registration.
Immediately after login on IIM-CAT website with your basic details, IIMs will send you CAT Application ID and CAT password. With this unique CAT 2019 ID, you will login to CAT 2019 exam online application form which will have more pages to fill up and can be submitted only after making CAT application fee payment.
Documents Required for CAT 2019
There are some key documents required for CAT 2019 to complete the registration and application process correctly and without error. So, before you proceed to fill in your CAT application form, you should gather and keep ready these documents required for CAT 2019.
The ten mandatory items of information and important documents required for CAT 2019 online completion of registration and application form are:
- Documents related to your Educational history from class 10 onwards
- Mark sheets – Class-10
- Mark Sheet – Class 12th
- Mark sheet – Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma
- Final Year Certificate from the HoD/Principal (If in final year of bachelor’s degree) also previous year mark sheet
- Work experience Document, if any
- Applicable Certificates to upload (Category/Affidavits)
- Scanned images of your passport size photo and signature. (The photo should not be more than six months old and should have a white background)
- Scanned image of Passport size photo with the dimensions 35mm X 45mm along with the scanned image of your signature with the dimensions 1000mm X 35 mm. is required to be uploaded at the time of registration for CAT 2019. Please note that the documents file format should be .jpg or .jpeg and the file size should not be more than 80KB each. The image should be clear with a minimum resolution of 150px.
- Keep Ready the list of the IIM programmes to which you wish to apply, before you fill in the application form
- CAT exam fee payment instruments to pay CAT 2019 exam fee – like Debit/Credit cards, Net banking
How to Complete CAT 2019 Application Form
There are three parts of CAT 2019 application process:
- Create a Profile
- Log in with system generated User ID and Password provided by IIMs
- Fill up CAT Application form after entering details and making online payment through Net banking/Credit card/Debit card and submit the CAT application form
CAT 2019 Application process: How to begin?
- Login on CAT website as new user on ‘Register now’ and enter the basic details. In a few minutes of submitting the brief Registration Form, you will receive an OTP. After verifying the same, you will get CAT user ID on the registered email & Password with the subject line CAT 2019 Login Details. Ensure to check your mailbox immediately and in case you don’t find it there also check the spam mail.
- On receiving your system generated User ID and Password as SMS and on mail, next login should be as ‘existing user’ with the received ID & Password
How to fill CAT 2019 Application Form: Step by Step Process
The CAT Application process including payment of CAT application form fee has to be completed within CAT application 2019 dates. The first step on how to fill CAT 2019 application form is to go for CAT 2019 login on CAT exam website. One of the most important points and guideline on how to fill CAT 2019 application form is to keep a watch on all the CAT application form 2019 important dates especially the last date to fill CAT 2019 application and the time. Once you complete your CAT 2019 login with CAT registered ID and password, it will be easier to complete the CAT application form quickly. Please follow the important CAT application guidelines while completing your CAT application process.
CAT Application form filling process opened at 9.30 AM on August 7 and the last date to fill CAT 2019 application form is September 25, 2019. Be the first to apply for CAT. You should keep the entire information ready before moving for CAT 2019 login and for filling up the 5 pages of CAT 2019 application form:
Step-1: Personal details - Insert your personal details like parents' name, gender, category, nationality, communication address among others. You also need to upload your photograph, signature and caste certificate
Step-2: Academics- Insert all your academics beginning from class 10 onwards like exam taken, Board/University, marks obtained, maximum marks, percentage of marks among others in the required fileds of CAT application form. The details of professional degree, if any are to be entered on this page.
Read Latest updates on:
Step-3: Work Experience- If you are a candidate with work experience, enter your experience in completed months as on 31st July 2019 in CAT application form. Check all the Industry Types applicable to you, with Work Experience in months for each Industry Type.
Step-4: Programmes- This page of CAT Application form requires you to select any number of Programme Names offered by 20 IIMs in this section. Select the IIM programme and then select the IIM Interview City for that programme as per the cities in the respective drop down list. For the 6 new IIMs you need to choose the same interview city.
This page also wants you to select 4 preferred exam cities to appear in CAT 2019. However, you cannot select the same exam city twice in order of preference.
Step-5-Test City: There are 147 test cities for CAT 2019. Candidates can choose 4 preferred test cities in order of preference to appear in CAT 2019.
Step-6: Payment of CAT 2019 Application Fee - This is the last step to complete the CAT Application form. The payment is to be made online. A General / NC-OBC candidate needs to pay Rs.1900 while an SC/ST/PWD candidate will pay Rs.950 towards the CAT 2019 application fee. The final amount will also include applicable additional charges as shared in the table below:
Important Guidelines to complete CAT Application Form
CAT 2019 Application process is simple and can be completed within the specified time although candidate can login again and again to complete the application.
- CAT application form will require you to fill up with your academic details, uploading of photograph, signature and requires category certificates as per the IIMs prescribed format for CAT application.
- Keep the entire information ready before filling up the CAT 2019 application form
- The work experience is to be entered in completed months in CAT application form
- The CAT 2019 online application form need not be completed in one go. You can revisit the CAT application form several times and complete it in steps.
- You will not be allowed to continue your CAT 2019 application process, if mandatory information is not filled up.
- Wherever needed, required Certificates, scanned images of photographs, signature are to be uploaded, else your application will remain incomplete
- If you forget your password during the CAT online application process, you may click on the Forgot Password button on the Existing User login window. The new password will be sent in the email to you, and not as an SMS.
- Once you have completed the last section of CAT application form, i.e. Payment, your CAT 2019 application form is considered complete and you will receive a confirmation mail. After this, changes to any information on the application form are not possible
Please note that you need to follow the CAT centre 2019 instructions to upload the right kind of photograph on CAT 2019 application form. IIMs have shared the sample photographs to choose the right photograph to be uploaded on CAT application form 2019:
CAT Application Form 2019 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. I do not find my University name in the drop-down list in the CAT application form. What I should enter in the column?
Ans. If your university’s name does not appear in the drop down, you may select the option “Others” from the drop down list
Q. I have lost the SMS with CAT Password. How can I get New Pass word?
Ans. Please note that your new regenerated CAT password will be sent on your registered mail only and not as an SMS. To get new password Click on the Forgot User ID/Password option on the Existing User login page. You will be prompted to enter your registered Email ID and a Captcha string.
Q. I have received more than one CAT password. Which password is valid for Login?
Ans. Use the password received in the most recent SMS. If you are still not able to login, you should use your user id and should click on ‘forgot password’. You will receive a new password through email on your registered email id.
Q. I have changed my name after marriage. I am appearing in CAT for the first time which name I should enter in the CAT Application form – Changed Name or as per the degree certificate?
Ans. Please enter your changed name. Provide the supporting documents for change of name at the time of examination, interview and admission.
Q. I have not received the CAT Password although the CAT application was successfully submitted after making payment of CAT application fee. What should I do?
Ans. Click on the Forgot User ID/Password option on the Existing User login page. You will be prompted to enter your registered Email ID and a Captcha string. You will get your new password on your registered email address but not by SMS.
Q. Is it possible that CAT 2019 Application submission last date is extended further beyond September 25, 2019?
Ans. No, IIMs have already extended the last date to apply for CAT 2019 to September 25 from earlier September 18. Going by the past trends, it is most unlikely that CAT 2019 application form submission last date is extended any further by IIMs.
Q. If I submit my CAT application form after 5 PM on September 25, can I get successful registration message from IIMs?
Ans. No, you should complete, make payment and submit your CAT application 2019 before 5 PM on Sep 25. Usually IIMs close the CAT registration process in time but in case of any technical glitches it may remain open for few hours more. However, the move is fraught with risk chances
Q. Last year there was no option to choose any CAT exam city in Delhi NCR. Can I choose separate test cities in Delhi NCR for CAT 2019?
Ans. Yes, you can. For CAT 2019 Delhi NCR has been split in 10 separate cities. While applying for CAT 2019, you can choose your 4 preferred CAT exam cities from among Delhi, New Delhi, Faridabad, Gurugram (Gurgaon), Panipat, Noida, Ghaziabad, Greater Noida, Rohtak, Meerut