CAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria for General & Reserved category candidates define different percentage of marks in the qualifying graduation degree.
CAT Eligibility for General & NC-OBC Candidates
- The candidate must hold Bachelor’s Degree with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA.
- Candidates who have completed professional degree (CA/CS/ICWA) with 50% marks
CAT Eligibility for SC/ST/PwD Candidates
Reserved category candidates applying for CAT 2020 are eligible if they possess one of the following qualifications:
- Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Differently Abled (DA) category candidates need 45% marks in graduation
- Candidates in final year of Graduation are also eligible to apply for CAT 2020
- Candidates who have completed professional degree (CA/CS/ICWA) with 45% marks
CAT Eligibility for Final Year Students
- The category wise CAT Eligibility for final year students is as under:
- General/NC-OBC/EWS: CAT Eligibility for final year students in this category requires that the candidates in final year of Graduation are also eligible to apply for CAT 2020. They should score minimum 50% marks when the result is declared
- SC/ST/PwD Candidates: CAT Eligibility for final year students in this category requires that the candidates in final year of Graduation are also eligible to apply for CAT 2020. They should score minimum 45% marks when the result is declared
- If selected, the final year candidates will be allowed to join the programme provisionally, only if she/he submits a certificate latest by June 30, 2021 from the Principal/ Registrar of the College/Institute (issued on or before June 30, 2021) stating that the candidate has completed all the requirements for obtaining the bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification on the date of the issue of the certificate MBA/PGDM Admissions 2020: Application Deadline closing soon | Apply Now!
UPES MBA Admissions 2020 | Apply Now SDA Bocconi Asia Center Mumbai, Batch 2020-22 Jaipuria Institute of Management, PGDM 2020 ITM Mumbai, Admissions 2020 Open VIPS-TC-Delhi School of Business, Delhi EDII Ahmedabad PGDM-BE Admissions 2020 Open IES Mumbai, PGDM Admission 2020-22 NIFM Fridabad, PGDM Admission 2020 Open
CAT Eligibility Age
There is no CAT eligibility age bar for any category of candidates who are applying for IIMCAT 2020 exam.
Key Points to ensure your CAT Exam Eligibility 2020
- CAT eligibility criteria 2020 do not impose any age bar to appear in CAT 2020 exam.
- Eligibility for CAT further allows you to appear in CAT 2019 even if you have done graduation in old system of 2 years graduation provided the degree is UGC recognized
- One of the 3 main points in the CAT eligibility criteria 2020 must be fulfilled-
A. Completed Bachelor’s degree with the required percentage of marks, or
B. Completed professional degree (CA/CS/ICWA) with required percentage, or
C. Should be in the final year of Bachelor’s degree with required percentage
- The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate would be calculated based on the practice as followed by the respective University/Institution.
- In case of grades / CGPA, the conversion to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure as certified by the respective University/ institution in accordance with the CAT exam eligibility criteria.
- If any University/institution confirms that there is no scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA, and multiplying the result with 100 as per the CAT 2020 eligibility
- Mere fulfilment of minimum CAT eligibility criteria 2020 will not ensure consideration for short listing by IIMs.
- One of the key points prescribed by IIMs in CAT eligibility 2020 is that the candidates must declare and maintain a valid and unique email account and a phone number throughout the selection process
CAT Eligibility Criteria 2020: Clashing point in CAT Vs IIM Eligibility
Over the years the CAT exam eligibility criteria has more or less remained same. Some changes in CAT eligibility were introduced in 2014. After that, IIMs MBA admission eligibility and CAT exam eligibility criteria have faced few clashing points.
CAT eligibility for 2020 prescribes ‘No Age Bar’ to appear in the CAT 2020 exam nor the IIM MBA eligibility restricts any candidates to seek admission on the basis of age bar. However, one of the clashing points in CAT exam eligibility and IIM MBA eligibility is that although you are allowed to appear in CAT 2020 exam with 2 years of graduation in old system, you are not allowed to pursue the management course at IIM unless you have completed obtained graduation degree with minimum 3 years duration. Except this anomaly, CAT eligibility for 2020 and IIM MBA eligibility for 2021-23 batch remains the same.
MBA/PGDM Admissions 2020: Application Deadline closing soon | Apply Now!
|XIME KOCHI, Admission PGDM 2020-22|
|EMPI New Delhi PGDM Admissions 2020|
|NTPC School of Business, PGDM Admission 2020|
|VIPS-TC-Delhi School of Business, Delhi||JKBS Gurgaon, PGDM Admission 2020|
Who is Not Eligible for CAT 2020? IIMs Define
- If you are not pursuing or completed your Bachelor’s degree or any Professional degree like CA/CS/ICWA, you are not eligible to appear for CAT 2020
- If you have not completed any graduation course but you are in the final year of a professional course, you are not eligible for CAT 2020 exam.
- If you have scored below 50% marks in graduation as a general category candidate and below 45% as SC/ST/PwD candidate you are not eligible for CAT 2020
- If your Graduation is not recognized by UGC/AICTE/MHRD-Govt. of India, You are not eligible to apply for CAT 2020
CAT Eligibility Determination: Conversion of CGPA/Grades to Percentage of Marks
To determine CAT Eligibility in case of CGPA is given and no percentage of marks is shared on the marks-sheet, the percentage of marks obtained by the candidate would be calculated based on the practice as followed by the respective University/Institution.
The conversion to percentage of marks from Grades/CGPA would be based on the procedure as certified by the respective University/Institution.
If any University/Institution confirms that there is no scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA, and multiplying the result with 100.
Reservation of Seats
The category wise Seat Reservation in IIMs is as below:
Percentage of Reserved Seats in IIMs
Scheduled Caste (SC)
Scheduled Tribe (ST)
Other Backward Classes of NC-OBC
The Eligibility criteria for CAT exam has not been much changed for CAT 2020. CAT 2020 Eligibility criteria feature some aspirant friendly changes. IIMs have kept the eligibility for CAT Exam on the same ground over the years. The only eligibility criterion change in CAT eligibility was introduced in 2014 when IIMs had announced to accept two years of graduation in CAT exam which continues as the CAT 2020 eligibility criteria also
Q. I'm 2019 BE passed out but i have an arrear am i eligible to write the CAT exam
A. Yes you can write provided the arrear is cleared with required percentage of marks/CGPA/Grade
Q. I am just enter in b tech final year, my b tech will complete in almost june 2021, am I eligible for CAT 2020
A. Yes, you are eligible for CAT 2020