The first ever live face-to-face encounter of a sitting U.S. President and a reigning North Korean leader was witnessed by the world in the hotels near Singapore's Sentosa Island on June 12, 2018 to sign the agreement of denuclearization of Korean Peninsula.
The long going war between the two nations and the exchange of insults a month before the summit has got everyone biting their nails off. This was the biggest historical event with quite a background on it. If implemented in right spirit, this peace agreement between North Korea and The United States of America can bring the ever-going violence and rivalry between the two countries that poses threat to world peace may give a sigh of relief.
MBA/PGDM Admissions 2022 Open | Apply Now
|LBSIM Delhi PGDM Admission 2022|
- The Korean Peninsula war in 1950 came to an end after the intervention of the US led-coalition army.
- Heart burn with the loss during the war, the North Korea was left with a big scar and a grudge against the USA.
- Ever since, the North Korea has been on its mission of US invasion.
- On succeeding his father and earlier ruler of North Korea, Kim Jong-Un unleashed the incessant attacks on USA.
- Last year after Kim Jong-Un, the dictator of North Korea conducted multiple nuclear tests and continued with his programme of attacking the United States which raised questions about world peace that led to foundation of this summit.
- South Korea, which shuttled between The USA and North Korea set up the Trump-Kim meeting and is of the view that Kim Jong-Un has genuine interest in dealing away his nuclear weapons in return for economic benefits.
- During their summit at a border truce village, Moon, South Korean President and Kim vaguely promised to work toward the "complete denuclearization'' of the Korean Peninsula.
- North Korea's Foreign Ministry said that all the tunnels at the country's north-eastern testing ground will be destroyed by explosion, and that observation and research facilities and ground-based guard units will also be removed.
- The North Korean leader seeks a deal in which he gives away his intercontinental ballistic missiles but retains some of his short-range arsenal in return for a reduced US military presence in the South.
THE DEAL: Key Points
- The United States and the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) commit to establish new US - DPRK relations in accordance with the desire of the peoples of the two countries for peace and prosperity.
- The US and The DPRK will join their efforts to build a lasting and stable peace regime on the Korean Peninsula.
- Reaffirming the April 27, 2018 Panmunjom Declaration, the DPRK commits to work towards complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula.
- The US and The DPRK commit to recovering POW/MIA remains, including the immediate repatriation of those already identified. BBA Admissions Open 2021 | Apply Now!
IFIM College Bangalore BBA Admissions Open 2021 IPM/BBA/BMS Exam Join Crash Course by IMS Coaching IMS Ghaziabad (University Courses Campus) BBA Admission JAGSOM BBA Admissions Open 2021
- The deal seems to bring peace in the world with the denuclearization of the ballistic missiles by North Korea. After signing the Agreement, Donald Trump said "better than anyone could have expected... It is a tremendous honor, and I have no doubt we will have a terrific relationship."
- North Korea's party line has been amended to focus primarily on economic development on the rationale that North Korea has achieved its nuclear goals.
- By giving Kim the respect that comes with interaction on an "equal footing," Trump has front-loaded symbolic expressions of his intent to improve relations, further instilling faith in the agreement.
- North Korea has suspended its Anti-US rally to show the zeal towards denuclearization.
- There is a risk that leaning too heavily into an attempt to end the Korean war and replace it with a permanent peace might change the relationship without addressing the underlying risk that accompanies a nuclear North Korea.
- Bringing the Korean War to an end could result in exposure of South Korea to North Korea with their short range arsenal still in place. This could undermine the alliance between The USA and South Korea.
- North Korea has been making vague promises for over three decades.
- The Korean side of the agreement falls short of details and is very vaguely worded, presenting no timeline for the initiation of the denuclearization.
- Two weeks after The Singapore Summit, 38NORTH(North Korea's analysis outlet) witnessed nuclear infrastructural developments of a new cooling water pump house, a number of new buildings, a completed construction on a cooling water reservoir and a possible radiochemical laboratory. This could nullify the Global peace efforts taken by the United States.
Tips to improve participation in GD Round
The above discussed topic is one of the most talked about issue and has been carefully chosen and solved with the sole aim to help you succeed in GD round. If you follow a few key tips, you can improve your participation and scores on this GD topic and others:
- Initiate the group discussion only if you are well versed with the facts and information on the GD Topic.
- If you are not well versed with the topic and feel a bit low on content, try to gather information from first 1-2 speakers and then participate.
- Quote facts and figures, if you are sure of the authenticity. You may encounter volley of counter questions on the facts and statistics from your fellow participants. Unless very sure, don’t use it.
- Make multiple entries using the opportunity to speak. Note down important information from other participants and turn it to your benefit.
- Since GD is a sort of debate, you should have a clear view point on the topic – either for or against. Do not switch viewpoints. However, if you have points for both for and against the topic, substantiate your viewpoint with well qualified data, examples or exceptions.
- Even if you agree or disagree to the view point of other participant, add value by giving reasons for it when you speak but don’t simply say I agree or disagree.
- You can conclude above topic by summarizing key facts on both point of views and conclude with the majority opinion, while respecting the minority viewpoint.
- Demonetisation: Success & failures
- Linking of Aadhaar: Is making Aaadhar mandatory a good idea?
- Start up India: Boosting Entrepreneurship
- FDI in retail: Good for India?
- Budget Cycle Change: Only a move of convenience
- GST: Will economy grow faster with reduced rates of Goods & Services Tax?
- Merger of Public Sector Banks: How beneficial is the merger of Banks?
- Make in India: The idea will make India a manufacturing hub
- Bank Recapitalization: NPA reduction and not bank recapitalization can cure the health of PSBs in India
- Beti Bachao Beti Padhao: Will it abolish the orthodox mindset?