XAT exam eligibility over the years has remained unchanged. XLRI does not propose to change the XAT exam eligibility criteria for XAT 2018 exam either.
XAT eligibility for 2018 exam prescribes ‘No Age Bar’ to appear in the XAT 2018 exam. XLRI also does not restrict any candidate to seek admission in XAT MBA eligibility to seek admission on the basis of age bar.
According to XAT 2018 eligibility criteria, a candidate is eligible to appear in XAT 2018, if he/she holds recognized Bachelor’s Degree with minimum 3 years duration or equivalent in any discipline. Those completing their final graduation exam by June 10, 2018 may also apply.
XAT exam eligibility criteria further clarify that candidates in final year of Graduation are also eligible to apply for XAT 2018. If selected, such candidates will be allowed to join the programme provisionally, only if she/he submits a certificate from the Principal/ Registrar of the College/Institute stating that the candidate has completed all the requirements for obtaining the bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification on the date of the issue of the certificate.
XAT 2018 is the mandatory exam for admission to member and associate B-schools for Indian candidates, the NRI and foreign candidates may apply through their valid GMAT scores. Candidates in Dubai and Kathmandu have the option of appearing in XAT 2018 or applying through GMAT scores.
Key Points to ensure your XAT eligibility 2018
- XAT eligibility does not impose any age bar to appear in XAT 2018 exam.
- The candidate applying for XAT 2018 must fulfil one of the following XAT eligibility criteria 2018-
A. Completed Bachelor’s degree, or
B. Completed professional degree (CA/CS/ICWA), or
C. Should be in the final year of Bachelor’s degree
- The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate would be calculated based on the practice as followed by the respective University/Institution.
- In case of grades / CGPA, the conversion to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure as certified by the respective University/ institution in accordance with the XAT exam eligibility criteria.
- Mere fulfilment of minimum XAT eligibility criteria 2018 will not ensure consideration for short listing by XLRI or other B-schools in which the applicant applies for admission
- One of the key points prescribed by XLRI in XAT eligibility 2018 is that the candidates must declare and maintain a valid and unique email account and a phone number throughout the selection process