XAT 2018 preparation strategy or the question how to prepare for XAT over the years is answered on the basis of 2 important things – XAT previous years test papers and the anticipated XAT pattern with expected changes in XAT. In every XAT exam, there are some changes. The XAT 2016 and XAT 2017 exams were different from each other and very much changed from XAT 2015. Although XAT 2017 exam followed the XAT 2016 exam pattern, it brought changes in the number of questions
Major tools that would help you in XAT preparation 2018 are
- XAT exam papers - Previous year papers comprising XAT questions give you the idea and type of XAT questions that you may face in the real XAT exam paper 2018
- Get the Best Books for XAT preparation- XLRI XAT preparation is not that easy. There are hundreds of books available in the market on Preparation for XAT. You need to choose the best books for XAT preparation. A distinction has to be made in XAT exam books and the best books for XAT exam.
Best books for XAT preparation
Books for XAT preparation play a major role in helping you score high in the XAT exam. Since there are few common core sections in XAT and CAT, the books to prepare for XAT and CAT exams are also very much similar. A few of the best books to prepare for XAT 2018 are
- How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT - by Arun Sharma (Published by McGraw Hill)
- ‘How to Prepare for Data Interpretation for CAT’ - by Arun Sharma (Published by McGraw Hill)
- ‘Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation for the CAT’ - by Nishit K Sinha (Published by Pearson)
- ‘How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for the CAT’ - by Arun Sharma (Published by McGraw Hill)
- ‘Logical Reasoning and data Interpretation for the CAT’- by Nishit K Sinha (Published by Pearson)
- How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for CAT’- by Arun Sharma & Meenakshi Upadhyay
- ‘Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for the CAT’-by Nishit K Sinha
- Latest RC Passages and practice questions provided by Study centres like TIME, CL among others
- Editorial and short articles published in English news papers
- ‘Word Power Made Easy’ – by Norman Lewis
- ‘High School English Grammar & Composition’ – by Wren & Martin
- Regularly solve the Verbal Ability questions from your study material especially on Para summary, Jumbled Paragraphs
- Mock tests for XAT – Practice test papers for XAT prepared by top experts and XAT toppers are good tool to prepare for XAT and crack XAT exam. XAT sample papers are available as XAT online tests also. There are number of XAT mock tests comprising model XAT exam questions to help in your XAT preparation. Don’t miss them.
- XAT coaching- XAT coaching helps you overcome many weak areas. Choose for the best coaching for XAT preparation. XAT coaching online is a good answer to the working professionals who find it difficult to attend regular class room coaching for XAT. During the past few years preference for XAT online coaching has gone up many times. In fact XAT online preparation through online coaching for XAT is more cost effective, less time consuming and offers you more time to practice XAT question papers and XAT exercises.
- XAT Study material for XAT preparation- XAT study material consists of the books for XAT; online XAT study material provided to you by your coaching institute or the offline XAT practice test papers bought from Market; XAT test series attended by you; the study and practice material for XAT provided to you by your coaching centre in hard copy among others. The more you study the XAT study material and the more you practice on XAT Mock tests and XAT sample papers, the more you will be able to score in XAT exam.
XAT exam pattern since 2016 has gone with perceptible changes not only in structure but also in content. Going by the tradition you cannot rule out a different XAT 2018 to be held in the month of January 2018. Next 6 months will be a crucial period to devise a well chalked out plan for your XAT 2018 preparation.
Despite number of changes brought about during last 3 years in XAT, the basics of the exam have not changed. Accordingly the past XAT exam papers and XAT Mocks are the great tools to prepare for XAT 2018. To make sure to crack XAT 2018 with high score you need to begin your XAT exam preparation 2018 from now instead of waiting any longer.
XAT 2018 exam will have 3 major sections contributing to your percentile score. Attempt any section within overall time limit. You need to ensure high score in each of the 3 sections as there is also a sectional score cut off in XLRI XAT cut-off.
Not only XLRI Jamshedpur other top B-schools like SPJIMR Mumbai, IMT Ghaziabad, XIM Bhubaneswar, BIMTECH Greater Noida, TAPMI Manipal among others will offer admission to their MBA/PGDM programmes on the basis of XAT 2018 exam scores.
This is the right time that you should begin your XAT 2018 preparation journey. The best way to prepare for XAT 2018 exam is to know your strengths and weakness and start working on them now. Since there is sufficient time to get over with your weakness and further strengthen your strong areas, you must devote around 2-3 hours a day from now on to crack XAT 2018 with a high score.
XAT does not require you to attempt all the questions but the need is to maximise your correct attempts and minimise the wrong attempts. It may be noted that even half of the total questions, if attempted right can fetch you a percentile of 98-99 in XAT 2018. So prepare accordingly. XAT Preparation does not require you to study round the clock, instead you need to study smartly and with intelligent approach to crack the questions correctly in minimum time to achieve high score.