You don’t need any minimum percentage of marks in graduation for XAT 2018 registration and application. Moreover, you can also apply to XLRI even if you have scored less than 50% marks in your bachelor’s degree exam. XAT 2018 registration is proposed to close on November 30 without late fee and on December 15 with late fee.
Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) 2018, to be held on January 7, in a single session, will be the first online computer based XAT exam conducted by XLRI in last 62 years. XAT 2018 will offer MBA/PGDM admission opportunity to XLRI Jamshedpur, SPJIMR Mumbai, LIBA Chennai, IMT Ghaziabad, XIM Bhubaneswar and more than other important 145 B-schools in India.
Read all about first online XAT
- “Online XAT 2018 format to remain the same” - Fr. Antony Uvari, S J. XAT convener and XLRI faculty
- XAT 2018: Exam goes Online with 3½ hours duration on Jan 7; registration open now
No minimum cut off percentage of marks
Unlike other MBA entrance exams which need minimum 50% marks in graduation, XAT 2018 has not imposed any such restriction. The XAT 2018 registration opened on August 16 has not fixed any minimum percentage of marks at bachelor’s degree to apply for the entrance exam or to XLRI Jamshedpur. There is no threshold limit of 50% marks in graduation to become eligible to register and apply for XAT 2018 to be held on January 7, 2018 in Online mode. This will be the first online computer based XAT exam during the last more than 60 years. All the candidates with recognized bachelor’s degree or in the final year of bachelor degree are eligible to register for XAT 2018.
The eligibility requirement to apply for XAT 2018 according to XLRI is ‘Recognized Bachelor’s degree of minimum three years duration or equivalent in any discipline. Those completing their final examination by June 10, 2018 may also apply. All Indian candidates must appear for XAT 2018. However NRI and foreign candidates may apply through GMAT score (except Dubai and Kathmandu wherein candidates have an option of appearing for XAT 2018).’
XAT 2018 Eligibility: Pass in graduation
To the specific query from the candidate asking that he has less than 50% in graduation, is he eligible to apply for XLRI, the institute responds ‘Yes, you are eligible to apply for XLRI.’
According to XAT 2018 exam notification also, all the candidates who have following qualifications are eligible
- Recognized Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration in any discipline.
- Candidate completing their final year examination of Graduation by June 10, 2018 can also apply.
Opportunity not offered by CAT or SNAP
Almost all the national level MBA entrance tests require minimum 50% marks in bachelor’s degree to become eligible to register and apply for the exam. For example, Common Admission Test (CAT) 2017 and SNAP 2017 needs 50% marks in graduation to register and apply for the exam.
NMAT by GMAC, AICTE-CMAT also require recognized bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 Years duration obtained with at least 50% marks at the qualifying graduation exam.
XAT 2018 Register allowed till Dec 15
XAT 2018 Registration can be completed without making late fee till November 30 and with payment of late fee till December 15, 2017. The XAT 2018 registration closing dates are shared below:
Registration last date without late fee: November 30, 2017
Registration last date with late fee of Rs.350/-: December 15, 2017
XAT 2018 Registration & Application fee
The application fee for XAT 2018 is Rs.1650/-, if you register on or before November 30. The fee will increase to Rs. 2000/- if you choose to register after the last date and till December 15.
Besides, if you wish to apply to XLRI Jamshedpur you have to pay Rs.300/- per programme as the application fee along with XAT 2018 registration fee by November 30 and Rs.500/- per programme after November 30 and till December 15, 2017.
XAT 2018 registration process
To complete XAT 2018 registration process Visit xatonline.in and choose the tab "Click here for New Registration" and enter Name, Contact details and Email-id. A Provisional XAT ID and Password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidate should note down the Provisional XAT ID and Password. An Email & SMS indicating the Provisional XAT ID number and Password will also be sent.
Follow the instructions to complete the XAT 2018 application form and to make payment of XAT registration fee.
Key points to note
- Registration to XAT 2018 is an online process
- First part of registration is to be completed by creating the candidate profile
- Visit xatonline.net.in click on Register, create a new account with your personal email id, you will receive a unique XAT ID and registration link.
- Click on the link and create your own password. (Next time you will be allowed to login with this XAT ID and password).
- After receiving the XAT 2018 ID, all the further steps will have to be completed with XAT ID and password.
- The application form can be accessed by login with XAT ID and will have to completed step by step.
- Select the Test City, write Name, upload photo and signature and save it.
- Select your Citizenship (Indian/ Foreign / NRI).
- If you are interested to apply for XLRI, select the programme of your choice out of Business Management (BM); Human Resource Management (HRM); and General Management Programme (GMP). If you are not interested to apply to any of the XLRI programmes, you can skip this step.
- Fill preliminary information ( Date of Birth, Gender, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Category and Phone Number etc….)
- Provide your mailing address and permanent address.
- Provide your educational qualification starting from 10th onwards.
- After completion of registration and application you will get the confirmation. You are supposed to print this XAT 2018 confirmation page for your reference. In future for all correspondence with XAT office, quote your XAT ID.
XAT 2018 Online Exam
Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) 2018, the mandatory MBA entrance exam for admission to MBA/PGDM 2018-20 at XLRI, SPJIMR, XIMB, XIME, IMT and other more than 145 B-schools will be conducted by XLRI Jamshedpur on January 7, 2018 as an online computer based test. This is the first time in more than 60 years history of XAT that the exam will be conducted as an online computer based test. Online XAT 2018 will be held in 3½ hours duration from 10AM to 1.35 PM.
XAT 2018 exam will be divided in two parts. The first part with 72 questions will have 3 sections on Verbal Ability & Logical reasoning; Decision Making; Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation. The score in this part will determine your percentile and merit position.
Part-2 will have 2 sections – General Awareness and Essay Writing Test. The scores in this part will not be taken into account to determine percentile score. Except Essay Writing all the sections will have questions in MCQ format.
XAT 2018: Important Dates
|Date of Commencement of Application||August 16, 2017|
|Last Date for Applying||November 30, 2017|
|Last Date to apply with late fee||December 15, 2017|
|Downloading of Admit Cards||December 20, 2017 onwards|
|Date of Exam||January 7, 2017|
|Test Timings||10.00 am to 01.35 pm|
|Mode of Examination||Online computer based|
|XAT 2018 Test Cities||Cities within India : 47|
|Cities outside India : 2|
XLRI-XAT 2018 is the important national level MBA entrance exam and is gateway to more than 150 B-schools in India. Candidates scoring even low in XAT are awarded with high percentile. The biggest advantage of taking XAT 2018 and CAT 2017 will be that there are number of top B-schools who consider the scores of both the exams and unlike IIMs no rigid sectional cut offs in XAT are considered by the B-schools accepting XAT 2018 scores.
Stay tuned to MBAUniverse.com for more updates on XAT 2018
- XAT 2018 Registration & XAT 2018 Application form
- XAT 2018 Exam Pattern
- How to choose amongst CAT 2017, XAT 2018, NMAT 2017, SNAP 2017, IIFT 2017
|Take CAT 2017 Mock Full Length: To assess your preparation in revised CAT 2017 exam pattern with 100 questions.|
|CAT Previous Year Question Papers, Answer With Solution:
CAT 2008 | CAT 2007 | CAT 2006 | CAT 2005 | CAT 2004
|Section 1: Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||CAT 2017: Quiz 1||CAT 2017: Quiz 2|
|Section 2: Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning||CAT 2017: Quiz 1||CAT 2017: Quiz 2|
|Section 3: Quantitative Ability||CAT 2017: Quiz-1||CAT 2017: Quiz-2|