Updated On: Saturday, November 11 2017, 4:19 PM
Do you know that CAT 2017 Score will be given just 20-30% weightage by IIMs and other top B-schools while giving you Admission Letter! And even if you score 99% in CAT, its possible not to get interview calls from IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Bangalore and IIM Calcutta.
IIMs will announce their respective shortlist of candidates selected for final selection round- the PI round immediately after announcement of CAT 2017 result in the 2nd week of January 2018. IIM Call predictor by MBAUniverse.com is based on IIMs admission criteria and the nearer it is to their admission process, the more it is helpful in suggesting you whether you could expect a call from the IIMs.
It is based on the inputs provided by you and processed by MBAUniverse.com to bring the near accurate output which could help you in pinning your hope for the admission in dream B-school.
Register Now for CAT 2017 Call Predictor
How is IIM Call Predictor prepared by MBAUniverse.com
MBAUniverse.com has prepared the IIM Call predictor based on CAT 2017 Percentile Predictor and by simulating IIM admission criteria.
Key Criteria Used are:
- Your CAT 2017 Percentile
- Your Academic excellence
- Your Work Experience
- Academic Diversity: If you are an non-engineer, you will get extra marks.
- Gender Diversity: If you are a women candidate, you will get extra marks.
What are IIM Admission Criteria
Your call from IIMs will depend upon various factors apart from your score in CAT 2017. To know whether you will get shortlisted by your preferred IIM A,B,C,L or others and what could lead you to get final admission offer from the IIM, the few points you have to consider are
- You need a high CAT 2017 sectional percentile as well as over all percentile. It means a percentile not less than 90 is needed. Even the new IIMs, FMS, MDI, IMT need a percentile around 91 to 99. So be honest while calculating your anticipated scores.
- Excellent academic profile can boost your admission chances and will help you in getting shortlisted by IIMs. Class 10 & 12 marks (85+) will play an important role
- If you have 2-3 years of work experience, IIMs and other top B schools will prefer you.
- A few IIMs award weightage to gender diversity and to non-engineering back ground candidates. If you have either or both of them, you may get bonus weightage in admission 2018.
For admission 2018 IIMs have declared to have minimum qualifying CAT 2017 percentile in a range of 80 to 90 although actual cut off will go much higher. It also means that minimum cut off may go up to any limit but cannot go below 80 and 90 for General category candidates.
|Top 3 IIMs||Percentile cut off|
|Other older IIMs||Percentile cut off|
|New IIMs||Percentile cut off|
|Newest IIMs||Percentile cut off|
|Other Top B-schools||Percentile cut off|
(Above data is based on last year’s Cut offs)
How is IIM Call Predictor helpful
Your call from IIMs depend on various factors. So once you know how much percentile in CAT you will get – sectionwise as well as overall, how much weightage you would get for your CAT score, academics, work experience, academic diversity among others, you may anticipate whether you could get shortlisted by IIM A, B, C or other IIMs or other top B-schools.
Accordingly, you are able to arrive at the decision whether you would get a call from your preferred B-school or newer IIMs or you should apply to some other good B-school.
To make effective use of IIM Call Predictor 2017 by MBAUniverse.com, remember:
- To enter correct CAT 2017 Percentile
- To enter correct Academic Profile and other data required
- Results are indicative and if there are major variation in Admission Criteria of any IIMs, our results may not match the Final Call list.