& Apply MBA admissions
- B-School Directory
- B-School Ranking
- Agribusiness management
- Ahmedabad MBA
- Bangalore MBA
- Bhubaneswar MBA
- BFSI MBA
- Chennai MBA
- Cochin MBA
- Coimbatore MBA
- Delhi MBA
- Delhi / NCR MBA
- Distance MBA
- Family Business MBA
- Hyderabad MBA
- Infrastructure MBA
- Kolkata MBA
- Mumbai MBA
- Pune MBA
- Retail MBA
- University MBA
- GD / WAT / PI
- MBA Forum You and your peers
Raise Your Opinion @ FORUM
Know the books which are absolute must haves for your study table while you are preparing for CAT 2013. This section will give you the information on the highlights of the book, author and publication. ...more
May CMAT 2013: Last day tips for your test
mbauniverse.com | 18, May 2013 1255 IST
With May CMAT 2013 beginning tomorrow, the test-takers should prepare themselves well for their D-day during the four day testing window from 19th May to 22nd May, 2013.
As May CMAT offers you one of the last opportunities for MBA Admission 2013 in B-schools across the country, you should not leave anything to the chance for your testing day
As May CMAT offers you one of the last opportunities for MBA Admission 2013 in B-schools across the country, you should not leave anything to the chance for your testing day. In this article MBAUniverse.com brings you last day tips for CMAT.
• You must download and take a print out of your admit card from the CMAT website http://www.aicte-cmat.in by logging into your CMAT account. The admit card will contain the name of the candidate, CMAT Roll number, test date, time, reporting time at the venue, venue name, venue address and instructions for the candidate.
• You can also print your admit card that is sent by AICTE to your email ID that you have registered with for CMAT. Admit Card is a mandatory requirement in order to take the test.
• Read the instructions of the Admit Card very carefully
• Reach the test centre well before the testing time on your test date. A typical testing day for CMAT will have 2 exam sessions. You must reach your test centre one hour and thirty minutes prior to the test time. For the test beginning at 9.30 am, you must reach the test centre no later than 8:00 am. Similarly, for the test beginning at 2.30 pm, you must reach the test centre no later than 1:00 pm for Security checks, Identity verification, and check-in.
• If you face any problem in downloading your admit card you may seek AICTE 24-hour Helpline support available by phone and email. Helpline number: 022-40679404; Fax number : 022-25814283; E-mail id: email@example.com
• You must carry the following identification documents on the test day:
a) Self-attested copy of CMAT 2013-14 (Additional Test) Admit Card with recent passport size photo pasted on it.
b) At least one original (not photocopied / scanned copy) and valid (not expired) photo identification. The name on your photo identification must match your name as entered in the CMAT application. Acceptable forms of photo identification types are limited to Driver's license, Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, UID card or a notarized Affidavit (in English) with Photo, Signature, Date of Birth and Residential Address. Photocopies of the original are not acceptable. Candidates will not be permitted to take the test if photo identification is not presented.
SC/ST candidates are required to bring the valid caste certificate in Original and an attested photocopy. Physically Disabled candidates are required to bring the valid Disability certificate in Original and an attested photocopy.
• You should not bring any other items to the test centre, as they are not permitted into the testing centre. You will not be permitted to bring any personal items to the test centre, including but not limited to wrist-watch, cellphones, calculators, etc.
CMAT Exam Pattern & Scoring:
Type of Questions No of Questions Max Marks
Quantitative Techniques 25 100
& Data Interpretation
Logical Reasoning 25 100
Language Comprehension 25 100
General Awareness 25 100
Total duration of the test will be 180 minute. While 4 marks would be awarded for each correct answer, there shall be negative marking for wrong answers. For each wrong answer 1 mark shall be deducted. There will not be any break during the test.
The test-takers will be provided with a scratch paper for rough calculations at their computer terminal. They, however, will be required to hand back all the scratch paper to the Administrator on completion of the test.
Prepare your D-day strategy:
Based on your strength and weaknesses, you should identify your scoring areas in each section and prepare your time management strategy during the test accordingly.
Practice a few things during the day, if you like. Do not attempt to cram your head further. Arrange your papers to be taken to examination hall, have nice food and go to sleep early.
Stay tuned to MBAUniverse.com for more news and updates on May CMAT.
Discuss & share your views
Most Popular Articles