Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) has postponed the release of PGCET 2020 Counselling dates for admission to MBA/MCA 2020 and other post graduate programmes. PGCET 2020 exam has been postponed till further notice from earlier exam date of August 9, 2020. The exam is now expected after September and the counselling is expected to begin in October.
According to Karnataka Deputy Chief Minister and Higher Education Minister Dr. C.N Ashwath Narayan, "In view of the final examinations being delayed, the PG-CET examinations scheduled on August 8 & 9, and the Diploma-CET examinations scheduled on August 9 have been postponed until further notice."
MBA/PGDM Admissions 2022 Open | Apply Now
|IMI New Delhi Admissions 2022 Last date Dec 13|
|MICA PGP (PGDM-C/PGDM) Admissions 2022|
PGCET 2020 Counselling shall start after declaration of PGCET 2020 result. PGCET Counselling 2020 will determine the allotment of institute and MBA seat for MBA/MCA admission in Government and University affiliated colleges in Bangalore and rest of Karnataka. All these B-schools offer MBA at low fee in Bangalore & rest of Karnataka to the candidates who get seat allotment through PGCET counselling.
Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) will notify the PGCET Counselling Schedule. Candidates have to attend the counselling on the designated date in accordance with their rank obtained in the PGCET 2020 exam.
Document Verification: 1st Stage of counselling
The first part of Centralized PGCET counselling process is document verification. The process will be held from sometime in October 2020. The document verification process will be conducted date wise and rank wise.
Publication of Seat Matrix: 2nd Stage of Counselling
KEA will display the Seat Matrix and Fee Structure for all disciplines available in the colleges
Option Entry for Admission: 3rd Stage of Couinselling
The process for Option Entry by eligible candidates is the last stage of PGCET counselling process. It is conducted for 4-5 days. After this round of PGCET counselling is over, KEA will release the seat allotment which will be followed by more counselling rounds.
The seat allotment in MBA/MCA colleges in Bangalore and rest of Karnataka is based on Karnataka PGCET 2020 Counselling. Those who fulfil the PGCET counselling eligibility criteria need to apply and participate in Karnataka PGCET Counselling Process 2020 conducted by KEA. According to KEA, “Candidates are required to make the right choices thereby ensuring that the seat allotment process is completed successfully. KEA will bring out important and relevant information from time to time for smooth implementation of online counselling.’
PGCET Counselling Dates 2020
The expected Karnataka PGCET Counselling 2020 dates are as below. The counselling process includes every candidate who is assigned rank in PGCET-2020. Such candidates have to report to the nearest or most convenient Helpline Centers as per the PGCET 2020 Counselling schedule hosted on the KEA Website for Registration of Candidate and Verification of Documents.
Karnataka PGCET Counselling Process 2020
- PGCET 2020 Counselling Process is online
- KEA has established more than 15 Helpline centres for PGCET 2020 counselling process. Candidate who is assigned rank in PGCET-2020 has to report to the nearest Helpline Centers / or the most convenient Helpline Centers rank wise as per the schedule hosted on the KEA Website for Registration of Candidate
- Candidates have to be personally present/or connect online in the Helpline Centre as per the PGCET 2020 counselling schedule and instructions for document verification. Verification will not be done after the scheduled date
- The candidates are required to register their CET number in the computer system for verification of documents.
- In the PGCET Counselling Registration process candidates will be briefed about the procedure to be followed by them in exercising options, allotment of seats, payment of fees and reporting to the college.
- Candidates have to get their original documents verified in the assigned Helpline Centre to be eligible for Option Entry for choice of allotment of Professional Course seat through PGCET Counselling.
- The Verification of documents is scheduled rank wise in PGCET counselling. Candidates should compulsorily produce the required documents in ORIGINAL with ONE set of attested photocopies of all the original documents and two passport size photographs.
- After Registration, the candidates will proceed to the Verification Counter where the entries of original documents are verified against the computer data that would have been furnished by them in their application forms.
- After verification, the original documents will be returned to the candidate and KEA will retain one set of the attested photocopies of all the documents.
- Before leaving the verification counter, an acknowledgment card and a verification slip will be issued to the candidates.
- Once the documents are verified, simultaneously candidate’s eligibility in other discipline will also be verified on the same day.
- If any candidate fails to produce any of the documents / certificates / marks card on the day of verification, such candidate’s documents will not be verified and they will not complete their registration process and subsequently will not be considered for eligibility to exercise their options.
- The candidate who becomes eligible after document verification in PGCET Counselling will be considered for entry of options. The candidate can now enter the course / college of his choice from among the seats available which is displayed at the time of entry of options i.e., college wise, category wise and course wise, discipline wise
- If the candidate is eligible for multiple disciplines i.e., both for MBA and MCA or MBA and M.E. / M.Tech or M.Tech and MCA, options can be exercised for all the discipline in the same entry form
- A Candidate can enter any number of options as he / she wishes to exercise on his / her own priority. Candidates are advised to enter more number of options to avoid the disappointment of not securing a seat
- Options recorded in the server on the last day and time of the notified schedule in each round will be frozen and only the frozen options will be considered for allotment of seats.
- It is advisable not to start entering the options directly on the online option form on the internet without preparatory work at home on choice of options, as it leads to commission of mistakes / wrong entries / wrong order of preferences.
- The cutoff ranks for all discipline college wise, course wise and category wise is hosted on the KEA website for previous years to help candidates.
- The candidate is considered for seat allotment in PGCET counselling as per his rank and as per his options in the order of priority mentioned by the candidate. The computer starts MBA allotment with rank 1. Then after completing till rank 149, it reaches to 150.
- The seat matrix issued by the Government for each discipline will be adopted for allotment seats.
- The seat allotment in Karnataka PGCET 2020 counselling is done in two rounds and each round consists of three phases and each phase consists of number of iterations
- After the seat allotment, the candidate will have to exercise option whether he/she is satisfied or not satisfied with the seat allotment or even if satisfied, is willing to participate in further rounds of PGCET counselling process.
- In case satisfied and not willing to participate in further PGCET counselling rounds, the candidate has to pay the fee at the allotted college as per the date mentioned in the admission order.
PGCET 2020 Counselling: 1st Phase of allotment of seats
Based on the merit and priority of options the first phase of allotment begins. The computer will first allot the seats in the following order:
- Special Category (Physically Disabled and Ex-Defence)
- All eligible candidates, including all Special Categories
- Order of Allotment is a) ME / M.Tech / M.Arch) b) MCA Lateral Entry c) MCA 1st year d) MBA
While allotting the seats in the 1st Phase at any stage of PGCET 2020 counselling, the seat allotted if any, will automatically get cancelled upon allotment of a seat in the subsequent discipline and such cancelled seat will be considered for allotment of a seat in the next iteration
PGCET 2020 Counselling: 2nd Phase of allotment of seats
In this phase also, the order of seat allotment remains same. While allotting the seats in the 2nd Phase at any stage, the seat allotted if any, will be released automatically upon allotment of a seat in the subsequent discipline and such released seat will be considered for allotment of a seat in the next iteration
PGCET 2020 Counselling: 3rd Phase of allotment of seats
After the allotment of seats in the second phase of PGCET 2020 counselling, the seats that remain unfilled under various reserved General categories such as SCG, STG, 1G, 2AG, 2BG, 3AG, 3BG, along with unfilled special category seats, if any, will be converted to the General Merit category and offered to GM candidates along with all other reserved category candidates in the 3rd Phase of allotment.
PGCET 2020 Counselling Document Verification Centres
KEA has establishedfollowing Helpline centres for verification of documents in PGCET 2020 Counselling:
PGCET 2020 Counselling Eligibility
- Candidates who qualify in PGCET-2020 and is included in the Rank List
- A candidate who has passed Recognised Bachelor’s Degree of minimum of 3 years duration examination or equivalent examination and obtained an aggregate minimum of 50% marks taken together in all the subjects including languages in all the years of the Degree Examination is eligible for PGCET 2019 counselling and admission to MBA courses. (45% of marks in Qualifying Exam in case of SC, ST and Category-I of Karnataka candidates) (Reservation is applicable only for Karnataka State Candidates).
- As per the letter from VTU, Belgaum dated 11-08-2016, the qualifying examination (degree) obtained through distance mode would be considered for admission to MBA / MCA courses, provided the awarding University has approval from Distance Education Council (IGNOU), New Delhi.
PGCET 2020 Counselling Documents
KEA has prescribed following PGCET 2020 counselling documents required for certificate verification at the time of counselling. Candidates who seek admission to Government seats should compulsorily produce the required documents in ORIGINAL with ONE set of attested photocopies of all the original documents and two passport size photographs for verification at the KEA at the time of registration for seat selection.
After verification, only ONE set of attested photocopies of all the documents will be retained by the KEA along with one of the Original document and all other original documents will be returned to the candidates.
- PGCET -2020 Rank Card
- PGICET -2020 Admission Ticket
- Final print out of the 2020 Online Application Form
- Original Copy of the Challan for having paid the fees
- Aadhar Card
- SSLC or 10th standard or equivalent examination marks card
- 2nd PUC or 12th standard or qualifying examination marks card
- Degree Marks Card of all the Years / Semester applicable to PG Course which you have applied.
- Certificate issued by the Competent Authority for having passed Qualifying Examination in all the subjects for all the Years
- Study Certificate to show that the candidate has studied in Karnataka for a minimum period of seven years from 1st standard to 12th standard or qualifying examination issued by Head of the institution.
- Candidates seeking reservation benefit should produce a Caste Certificate
- Caste Certificate issued by competent authority, if applicable
Payment of Tuition Fee
KEA has clarified that if the candidate does not pay the prescribed Tuition Fee within the schedule mentioned in PGCET Counselling 2020, the provisional allotted seat automatically stands cancelled.
Besides, if the candidate reports and joins the allotted college but does not confirm to KEA about his/her reporting, his/her candidature is liable to be cancelled and can be allotted to another candidate in PGCET 2020 counselling process.