IIM Ahmedabad offers one year full time MBA programme-PGPX and the batch starts in April every year. Last date to apply for IIM Ahmedabad one year MBA programme 2020-21 is October 24, 2019. The PGPX programme was launched in 2006 and so far more than 1000 students have graduated from IIMA PGPX.
IIMA PGPX Programme: Highlights
The IIMA PGPX is an intensive one-year MBA program programme designed to fulfill the unmet need of experienced managers, enhance their skills and capabilities essential for responsible positions at managerial levels. The objective of IIMA PGPX is to produce future leaders who can handle the dynamic corporate environment.
IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Admission Eligibility Criteria
Following are the 4 basic eligibility criteria for the IIMA PGPX Applicants:
- A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in any discipline. (Minimum 15 years of study as per the education system in India i.e. 10 + 2 + 3 or 4 as the case may be.)
- Minimum Age of 25 years as on 31st March of the year in which the PGPX programme commences. For example, for PGPX 2020-21 commencing in April 2020, the candidate should have completed 25 years of age by March 31, 2020, i.e. must be born on or before March 31, 1995. There is no upper age limit.
- A valid GMAT/GRE score (GMAT/GRE scores are valid for five years from the date to the application deadline date of the round in which candidate is applying. The earliest acceptable GMAT/GRE test date for the two rounds are - Round 1: August 28, 2014 Round 2: October 25, 2014.
- Minimum 4 years of full time work experience after completion of graduation as on March 31, 2020
To ensure that your scores are sent directly to IIMA, please select "Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad - One Year Post-Graduate Programme in Management for Executives (PGPX)"as one of the five programmes to which the GMAT results have to be sent from the menu provided by GMAT before the start of the test.)
IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Admission Criteria
- The applicant must have a valid GMAT/GRE score of 700+/300+.
- To apply for IIMA PGPX 2020-21 the application last date is October 24, 2019
- Candidate has to submit essay
- Shortlist will be based on academic profile, work experience, entrance exam score among other parameters
- Shortlisted candidates will have to attend interview process.
IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Intake: 140 Students
The approved intake in PGPX at IIM Ahmedabad has been increased to 140 students. Till 2016-17, IIMA PGPX intake was 90 students. In 2017-18, the IIM Ahmedabad PGPX programme added one more section to enhance learning experience of participants. With the overwhelming response, IIMA PGPX 2019-20 batch has continued the extra section and now 140 students are admitted to the one Year MBA at IIM Ahmedabad.
IIM Ahmedabad One MBA Fees
IIM Ahmedabad one year MBA fees is Rs.25 lakhs. The personal expenses are not included in it.
IIMA PGPX Placements
- Highest International Salary Up at US$109,666 in 2019 from US$70,252 last year
- Highest Domestic Salary Up at Rs.60 lakhs in 2019 from Rs.54.60 lakhs last year
- Average domestic salary stood at Rs.30,35,708 in PGPX Placement 2019
- 75 Recruiters offered 290 different roles
- 27 New Recruiters made offers in Placement 2019
- 114 offers were accepted by the students
- One student was offered International Placement
- Top Recruiters include Accenture, Adani Group, Adidas AG, Amazon, Ericsson, Google, Genpact, HSBC, ICICI Bank, Infosys, McKinsey, Microsoft, OYO, Uber
IIM Ahmedabad PGPX 2019-20 Batch Inaugurated With 23% Women Students
IIM Ahmedabad one year MBA 2019-20 Batch Inaugurated, Admits 140 students with 32 females, Average GMAT is 702, Average GRE is 320, Work-experience is 8.9 Yrs
The 14th batch of IIM Ahmedabad PGPX with 23% female students, was inaugurated on April 11, 2019 by the Director, Prof. Errol D’Souza and welcomed by Prof. Arindam Banerjee, Chairperson, PGPX and Prof. Shailesh Gandhi, Dean - Programmes at RJM Auditorium, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IIMA). IIM Ahmedabad PGPX is the residential full time one year MBA offered to the candidates with a minimum of 4 years of work experience.
Often Executive MBA is confused with 1 Year MBA. Both are quite different. Read Executive MBA in India
A total of 140 students, with 32 female participants, have been admitted to the IIM Ahmedabad PGPX 2019-20 batch. The average age of the IIM Ahmedabad One Year MBA 2019-20 batch is 32 Years. In terms of work experience, the IIMA PGPX 2019-20 batch average is 8.9 Years. IIMA PGPX Admission Process is through GMAT and GRE Score. The average GMAT score is 702 while average GRE score is 320 for the students admitted to One Year MBA at IIM Ahmedabad.
IIM Ahmedabad PGPX 2019-20 Batch Profile
Here are the highlights of the IIMA PGPX 2019
- Total candidates admitted: 140 students, 108 Male candidates and 32 Females
- Average Age is 32 Years
- Work Experience Average is 8.9 Years
- Diverse work experience in 21 Industries and 140 companies
- 9.29% of NRIs admitted reside outside India, spread across 6 countries
- 35% of the batch has worked abroad before joining IIMA PGPX 2019
- Average International Experience possessed by Students 1.5 Years
- GMAT Score Average is 702
- GRE Score Average is 320
IIMA PGPX 2019: Female Students on the Rise
IIMA PGPX Admission Process has witnessed more female students from diverse working areas joining the IIM Ahmedabad one year MBA. Ratio of female students in IIMA PGPX 2019 has gone up to 23% from 17% in the 13th batch of IIMA PGPX. Table below shares the data reflecting the ratio of female students admitted to IIM Ahmedabad executive MBA
IIMA PGPX Batch
Percentage of Female Students
Total Students in the Batch
On the occasion, welcoming the students to the 14th batch of IIM-A PGPX, Professor Arindam Banerjee, Chairperson, PGPX said, “Diversity in the student population helps in enriching the learning process by bringing in diverse perspectives in the class-room discussion. It appears we are on the right track in terms of work experience, profiles and gender diversity in our batches.”
Squadron Leader, IAF, Ms. Shally Aggarwal (Retd.), one of the 32 female students admitted to IIMA PGPX 2019-20 said “From the onset of my MBA journey, I looked for the program that can offer an excellent classroom learning experience to intense work experience individuals like me. For me, PGPX out shined other comparable programmes because of the rich diversity of the cohort it offered - in the terms of industry, roles, geography, cultures and so on that forms the basis of an unparalleled exposure and peer to peer learning.”