Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode (IIMK), on a high growth trajectory is offering a wide range of academic programs in the field of management education. One of the top six IIMs, IIM Kozhikode has consistently brought notable innovations to program design and delivery.
In keeping with this pioneering spirit, IIMK's Post-Graduate Program in Business Leadership (PGP-BL) is crafted very well as compared to the one year management programs offered by other top management colleges. The program combines academics with global exposure with deep sensitization to critical aspects of leadership, responsible business. The program enables personalized learning and reflection.
Application process for Admission to PGP-BL 2022-23 batch is open and the last date to apply is July 31, 2021.
One Year PGP-BL: Leading PGDM Programme from IIM Kozhikode
IIM Kozhikode one year PGP BL is a full-time, residential Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) program. It has integral elements like a global immersion module, a constant industry engagement and high placement opportunities. The programme is structured to have five terms of 8 to 9 weeks. Upon successful completion of the program, candidates will be awarded PGDM or an equivalent degree.
IIM Kozhikode 1 Year PGP-BL Program USPs
IIM Kozhikode 1 Year PGP in Business Leadership is a uniquely designed management programme aimed at shaping young graduates into potential business leaders
- PGP-BL at IIM Kozhikode is specially crafted to combine academic instruction with global exposure, and deep sensitization to critical aspects of leadership and responsible business, fashioned through a development regime that enables personalized learning and reflection.
- This programme aims to provide industry 'on a platter', well-rounded managers with strong leadership potential - Capable, confident, multi-dimensional, empathetic, mindful and values-centric future leaders who can 'hit the ground running'.
- A notable feature of this program is the infusion of Eastern values and timeless Indian leadership thought into the curriculum in a manner that can bring together the best of the East and the West in a holistic package
- The coursework is rigorous and relevant and encourages practical application.
- At the core, the PGP-BL program will have an academic instruction capsule that will provide young professionals with a condensed/intense dosage of domain knowledge in all the critical and essential aspects of business
- A global immersion module combines an international business school experience as well as industry exposure in other countries
- Program has a capstone module that includes a structured orientation to the key attributes of ethical and responsible business
- The aim of the PGP-BL course design is to enable students to build on their prior knowledge and exposure, discover their inner Arjuna's, and develop them holistically as multi-dimensional future leaders.
- PGP-BL relies significantly on experiential learning and balancing insights from both practice and research. A module on 'The Practice of Holistic living' provides students the necessary space for reflection and discovery and encourage them to challenge status quo.
- Live projects, structured as an extended but punctuated engagement, with a panel of partner firms is an integral feature of the program. This will facilitate action research, continued live engagement on managerial problems and help develop stakeholder management skills.
- Students will engage and grapple with topical and developmental issues such as sustainability and humanistic leadership in a digital era.
- PGP-BL students will also benefit from a rich exposure to eminent Indian and International faculty and leaders from diverse domains.
- IIMK will facilitate final placements for students as part of the program
Global Immersion Module: Key Feature of PGP-BL Program
The IIMK PGP-BL curriculum design includes a dedicated 2-week global immersion module at a premier international business school. This is aimed at providing participants a definitive international experience that involves both academic instruction as well as experiential and cross-cultural learnings, including visits and interactions with relevant local businesses.
If international immersion is prevented for any reasons/events beyond the reasonable control of IIMK, such as Covid 19, then IIMK shall make best efforts to facilitate alternative learning experiences.
Fully Residential Program
The one year PGP-BL at IIM Kozhikode is a completely residential program. Accommodation will be in-campus, in air-conditioned, bath-attached rooms; single/double rooms, based on availability.
PGP-Business Leadership Program fee
IIM Kozhikode 1 year PGP Business Leadership program fee is Rs.22,50,000. This fee includes program delivery, books and instruction material, in-campus hostel accommodation, and access to all in-campus facilities such as the library. Mess/Canteen charges would be additional and use-dependent.
The above fees also includes program and coordination fees for the International Immersion module and a travel allowance for domestic industry immersion module. Travel and stay related expenses for the international immersion will be additional and will have to be borne separately by the students.
IIM Kozhikode 1 Year PGP-BL Admission: Important Dates
Admission Process Activity
01 March 2021
01 May 2021
01 August 2021
Last Date for Submission of Application
30 April 2021
31 July 2021
31 October 2021
May end onwards
August end onwards
November end onwards
- Interview dates will be finalised based on the number of applicants.
- Each applicant will be intimated by e-mail.
- Video-Conference mode may be considered for applicants from outside India.
IIM Kozhikode 1 year PGP BL Placements: Registers 100% Placement for the first Batch
IIM Kozhikode provides assistance in placement for PGP-BL students. IIM Kozhikode Placement 2021 for PGP BL attracted the participation of 39 companies making 71 offers with 4 international offers to 65 participating students with the highest CTC of INR 46.14 LPA. PGP-BL Placement 2021 has witnessed coveted roles offered by marquee recruiters in diverse domains. Consulting and General Management drew biggest share followed by roles in Sales and Marketing, Operations & Supply Chain, and Finance.
IIM Kozhikode 1 Year PGP BL Placement 2021: Key Highlights
- Average Salary: Rs.24.20 LPA
- Average Package to Women Students: Rs 21.73 LPA
- Median Package: Rs.20.47 LPA
- Highest Salary: Rs.46.14 LPA
- 65 Students in the Inaugural Batch participated in Placement 2021
- 39 Companies made 71 Offers (Including 4 International Offers)
- Consultancy and General Management made 43% share
- 72% of the Women candidates were offered senior leadership roles
- Top Recruiters in Placement 2021 included Accenture, Amazon, Barclays, Cognizant, Crisil, Deloitte, EY , IBM, Infosys, Microsoft, Tata Elxsi among others Read More
IIM Kozhikode PGP-BL Admission Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must hold a duly recognized bachelor’s degree in any discipline with minimum 50% marks or equivalent CGPA.
- Minimum 3 years work experience after completion of graduation (and preferably less than 7 years)
- The applicant must also possess a valid score in CAT 2020 /GRE/ GMAT
- Candidates must have completed a minimum of 3 years of work after graduation. Any work experience obtained prior to graduation is not considered for calculating the total work experience
- The programme is targeted at working executives meeting the specified criteria from a range of functional / technical domains across a diverse range of organizations / industries
- IIM Kozhikode will also consider the nature and quality of work experience in assessing a candidate's fit for the programme.
- There is no upper limit on work experience. However, the expectation is that candidates with work experience of between 3 to 7 years may be in a better position to leverage the program features.
The admission process starts with submission of online application. Once the online applications are submitted, IIMK faculty committee would review the application, shortlists candidates for interview based on various criteria. The interview panel will evaluate each candidate's performance, on the basis of quality and nature of work experience, diversity, leadership qualities, social sensitivity, and multi-dimensionality. Strong oral and written communication skills, and ability to think critically will be among the key attributes that the panel will seek in candidates.
IIM Kozhikode will follow Government of India reservation policy for admission to Central Educational Institutions (CEIs).
3 Stage Selection Process
IIM Kozhikode will adopt a three-stage selection process for the admissions to PGP-BL: Stage-I (Register & Submit online application), Stage-II (Shortlisting of the candidates), Stage-III (Personal Interview).
The three stage admission process consists of following steps:
- Step 1: Registration of candidates meeting the eligibility criteria
- Step 2: This stage requires the candidate to provide a statement of goals and a alternate essay. Shortlisting for PI will be done based on candidates meeting the basic eligibility criteria.
- Step 3: The interview panel will evaluate each candidate’s performance, on the basis of quality and nature of work experience, diversity, leadership qualities, social sensitivity and multi – dimensionality. Strong oral and written communication skills, and ability to think critically will be among the key attributes that the panel will seek in candidates.
PI Centers for Final Selection
IIM Kozhikode will conduct the personal Interview in the following cities. The cities could change depending on the location of shortlisted candidates
- New Delhi
- Kuala Lumpur
- IIM Kozhikode Campus
Interview of applicants from outside India may be conducted in person or over video-conference mode based on the application numbers received. Interview dates for those applicants shall be informed separately. Accordingly based on the circumstances the interview may be conducted on online/offline mode. Each applicant will be intimated by e-mail.
How to Apply for Admission?
Application process is online. The application should be submitted with an application fee of Rs. 3000/- to be paid online along with application submission
The one year PGP Business Leadership program is crafted to allow students the time and space for reflective thinking and development. The emphasis on experiential learning, reflective assimilation and leadership competencies will be a constant throughout the program.
IIM Kozhikode joined the family of IIMs in 1996 with its first PGP batch of 42 students in 1997 and has grown over the years with a batch strength of 460 odd students making it the fastest growing management school in the country. IIM Kozhikode has a strong International Exchange Programme for students and faculty with several leading Management Institutes in EU and ASEAN countries like SDA Bacconi, Jonkoping, Sweden, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark, ESCAP-EAP, France; University of Queensland, Austria, Victoria University of Wellington among others.
IIM Kozhikode is ranked among top 5 B-schools in the MHRD NIRF 2020 Rankings and 8th in MBAUniverse.com Rankings 2021 among top 100 B-schools in India. Accredited by AMBA, IIM Kozhikode is housed in the most picturesque and oxy-rich campuses in the country. The infrastructure includes air-conditioned classrooms, guest care areas and LAN/WAN connectivity. It is considered as one of the most efficient Institutions in the country.
IIM Kozhikode is led by its Director Dr Debashis Chatterjee, a pioneer in the field of Asian models in leadership. He is credited with transforming IIM Kozhikode from an obscure regional school to an institution of national impact and global recognition.
IIMK set up a Satellite campus at Infopark, Kochi, in 2013 dedicated to Executive Education. IIMK has also the unique distinction of launching a PhD (Practice Track) programme for working professionals besides bringing in new dynamic courses in Women Leadership and MS-Finance, in the year 2019-20. The institute is also home to IIMK LIVE a first-of-its-kind startup incubation programme and the Indian Business Museum.
Stay tuned to MBAUniverse.com for more updates on IIM Kozhikode