IIFT 2023 Eligibility criteria for MBA (IB) admission 2023 has been released by NTA with the release of IIFT exam notification on September 30, 2022. IIFT Entrance Exam for MBA (IB) Admission 2023 is scheduled on December 18, 2022 of 2 hours duration. One of the key parameters introduced in IIFT Exam Eligibility criteria 2023 for MBA (IB) admission 2023-25 batch, is the application of minimum cut offs in bachelors’ degree.
While IIFT Exam Eligibility Criteria for IIFT exam is released alongwith the IIFT Exam Notification by NTA, according to the information shared by the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, the changes, if any, in the eligibility criteria for IIFT entrance exam are incorporated in the IIFT admission test brochure. IIFT 2023 entrance exam will be held in a single session as computer based test.
IIFT Exam Eligibility Criteria: Domestic candidates
IIFT Eligibility 2023 for domestic candidates for academic session 2023-25 stand slightly changed. Now the candidates with following qualifications will qualify for the IIFT 2023 Eligibility Criteria and can apply for IIFT 2023 exam for admission to MBA (IB) 2023-25 batch
1. IIFT Eligibility Criteria 2023 with Completed Qualification
To meet the IIFT eligibility 2023, the applicant must have obtained a recognized bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years’ duration in any discipline with 50% marks.
2. IIFT Eligibility Criteria 2023 for Final Year Students of Qualifying Exam
Another key point in IIFT eligibility criteria 2023 is that the candidates appearing for a qualifying examination (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) are also eligible to apply for IIFT 2023 exam subject to submission of proof of requisite qualification by October 7, 2023.
3. Age Limit for IIFT Exam 2023 Eligibility
IIFT Eligibility 2023 does not prescribe any minimum or maximum age limit. Accordingly, there is no age limit to appear in IIFT 2023 Exam for admission 2023.
4. Work Experience in IIFT 2023 Eligibility
IIFT eligibility has not prescribed any mandatory minimum work experience as a component in IIFT Eligibility Criteria 2023. Any candidate fresh with requisite qualification is included in the IIFT 2023 exam eligibility criteria. However, in the final admission process, IIFT may award some weightage to the candidates who have work experience between one year and five years.
One of the key points in IIFT Eligibility criteria 2023 is that the admission of a candidate who joins the programme on provisional basis but fails to qualify in the Bachelor’s degree examination with minimum required percentage of marks, is liable to be cancelled.
IFT Category Wise Fee Payment Eligibility
IIFT 2023 Eligible Category
Category wise Fee for exam
For Foreign Nationals/NRIs
IIFT Exam Eligibility Criteria: International candidates
IIFT 2023 Eligibility criteria for International candidates is not much different and the basic qualification is again a bachelor’s degree with required percentage of marks.
However, one of the key points prescribed for IIFT eligibility criteria 2023 is the residential status of the candidate. In order to qualify as an International candidate for the purpose of applying to IIFT entrance exam, IIFT 2023 exam eligibility will be determined on following criteria:
1. IIFT 2023 Eligibility on Residential Status
A candidate who is a resident outside India for a period of not less than 18 months as on 31st December 2022 and remains outside India during the IIFT examination window qualifies for the IIFT 2023 eligibility criteria.
2. Documents Required to Satisfy the IIFT Eligibility 2023 as International Candidate
Following documents are required to satisfy the IIFT 2023 exam eligibility from the International candidates:
- The Indian nationals who are living, working, studying abroad should produce with application a certificate from the Indian Embassy/High Commission/ Consulate of the country where the candidate is currently based, stating that the candidate has been resident in that country continuously for a period of not less than 18 months as on 31st December 2022.
- Foreign nationals need to have a valid passport/travel document from a country other than India.
3. Valid GMAT Score for IIFT 2023 Eligibility
The candidate should produce Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) score which should be received by the Institute latest by 15th March 2023.
4. Foreign Nationals Must take IIFT 2022 Exam for admission 2023, if in India at that time
One of the key points in IIFT 2023 Eligibility is that the Foreign nationals who are present in India at the time of IIFT entrance test are required to take the IIFT 2023 exam for admission 2023.
5. International Candidates Outside the IIFT Exam 2023 Eligibility
- Candidates who have taken GMAT exam before 1st January 2021 are not included in the IIFT exam 2023 eligibility criteria.
- If the candidate has appeared for any MBA entrance examination for that year in India (2022) such as CAT 2022 /XAT 2023, His/her IIFT 2023 eligibility with GMAT score is not valid.
- NRI- Sponsored and Children of NRI candidates are not eligible under this category.
- IIFT Exam 2023 Eligibility for the admission of candidates under this category is on the basis of GMAT score and interview. Shortlisted candidate would be required to undergo a Personal Interview at IIFT campus.
- A key point in IIFT exam 2023 eligibility is that the admission of a candidate who joins the programme on provisional basis but fails to qualify in the Bachelor’s degree examination is liable to be cancelled.