KMAT Preparation 2019: How To Prepare For Karnataka KMAT 2019
Updated on June 05, 2019
How to prepare for KMAT 2019, is not a big question as the KMAT exam preparation pattern can be kept same. KMAT exam preparation strategy needs equal focus on all the three core sections. Accordingly, your KMAT Karnataka 2019 exam Preparation should be focussed on following key points:
- When and How to prepare for KMAT
- Which are the KMAT Preparation Books
- What KMAT preparation material is available apart from the books
- KMAT Preparation Tips by KMAT Toppers
- Whether the KMAT Karnataka 2019 exam preparation should be done through KMAT Coaching or should Self prepare - which is better
- KMAT Preparation Online
- Strategy - how to crack KMAT 2019 Exam with High score
KMAT Preparation 2019 for KMAT exam, scheduled on July 28, 2019 must be started well in advance as per the KMAT exam pattern and syllabus. KMAT 2019 preparation should have a clear goal of getting admission in the top MBA colleges of Bangalore and rest of Karnataka accepting KMAT score.
KMAT exam Preparation is not very difficult as the KMAT is moderate difficulty level exam. One of the important facts in KMAT exam preparation is that basics of KMAT question paper have remained unchanged. In view of the experts and past KMAT test toppers, the KMAT exam preparation must be well defined. A key component in KMAT 2019 preparation strategy is your KMAT preparation time.
KMAT 2019 Preparation Time: An Important Factor
As the KMAT preparation time goes on reducing month after month with every passing day, you need to revisit your KMAT preparation strategy and synchronise it with remaining KMAT preparation Time. KMAT preparation tips by toppers who suggest ‘How to prepare KMAT in 3 months’; ‘How to prepare for KMAT in 2 months’ and so on, are more relevant as the KMAT exam preparation time is short now.
KMAT Coaching or KMAT Preparation 2019 at Home
After synchronizing the KMAT 2019 preparation time, you need to find out whether to go for KMAT coaching or prepare for KMAT at home. One of the important KMAT preparation tips for beginners is to come out of this dilemma of moving between KMAT coaching and KMAT preparation 2019 at home after analyzing following points:
1. Carefully Choose Coaching: If you wish to prepare with KMAT Coaching, it is important to find out the best coaching for KMAT exam. Even the best coaching for KMAT exam may have its draw backs in regard to imparting KMAT coaching on certain topics. So along with your KMAT preparation 2019 through the best KMAT coaching, you should find out an individual best expert coach for KMAT preparation for the topics that need your greater attention.
2. Plan your Self Preparation: If you wish to self-prepare for KMAT, you need to understand first how to prepare for KMAT exam at home with the help of right books for KMAT preparation 2019 and other appropriate KMAT 2019 online preparation material.
So instead of getting involved into KMAT exam coaching, KMAT preparation with best books for KMAT Test recommended by toppers, like KMAT preparation books by Arun Sharma, KMAT exam book by Nishit Sinha, abundantly available good KMAT preparation material, KMAT 2019 Online preparation material and along with it the freely available KMAT online preparation facility, KMAT exam Quiz 2019, KMAT Mock test 2019 that can hone your KMAT preparation and make you aware how to prepare for KMAT without coaching, are the best tools for KMAT preparation 2019.
KMAT Preparation Tips
Accordingly, the key KMAT 2019 Preparation tips which will guide you how to start KMAT preparation at home as per the revised KMAT exam pattern, are focused on following points when you start your KMAT 2019 exam preparation:
- KMAT Exam Pattern: You must be aware about the KMAT 2019 exam pattern
- KMAT 2019 Syllabus
- KMAT Exam Preparation Time
- How to start KMAT preparation at home?
- How to prepare for KMAT in 6 months?
- How to prepare for KMAT in 3 months?
- How to prepare for KMAT in 2 months?
- How to prepare for KMAT without coaching and with self study?
- KMAT Exam preparation Books
- KMAT Exam Preparation with Coaching
- KMAT Exam Preparation with Mock Test
- Strategy to score 95% in KMAT 2019
KMAT Exam Pattern
KMAT exam pattern is not much changed and remains a paper based test. KMAT question paper consists of 120 questions divided in 3 sections. Each of the 3 sections has 40 objective type questions. KMAT 2019 exam will be held on July 28, 2019. The KMAT preparation period now requires a well devised preparation plan as per the KMAT 2019 Test Structure.
The basics of the KMAT exam have not changed. KMAT exam except a few changes has remained on the same lines. To make sure to crack KMAT 2019 with high score you need to begin your KMAT exam preparation without waiting any longer. The maximum score in KMAT
exam is 120 marks and there is no negative marking for wrong answer.
KMAT 2019 Test Composition
KMAT question paper is an objective type test with Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQs). Following will be the sectional composition of questions in KMAT 2019:
- KMAT 2019 Exam consists of 120 Objective Type Questions (MCQs)
- Mode of KMAT exam 2019 is paper based test
- KMAT Exam Pattern 2019 notifies that the KMAT 2019 exam will be divided in 3 sections with 40 questions in each section
- KMAT Questions in KMAT exam pattern are of easy to moderate difficulty level
- The 3 test sections in KMAT 2019 exam are Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension, Quantitative Ability, Logical Reasoning
- +1 mark for Each correct answer
- No Negative Marking for wrong answer
- Net scores with Percentile will be displayed in the score card.
Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
KMAT 2019 Syllabus
Once you know about the KMAT Test Structure, your next step for KMAT preparation 2019 is to scan the KMAT exam Syllabus. The KMAT exam syllabus is the outcome of the topics which have earlier appeared in KMAT exam although the type of questions, their composition, format and number may change in each subsequent KMAT exam.
KMAT exam Syllabus covers all the major topics on the three KMAT test sections which are further divided into sub-sections... Read More on KMAT Syllabus
KMAT 2019 Preparation Time
What is the ideal KMAT preparation time that could ensure a high score in KMAT exam? Although there is no thumb rule on it, KMAT toppers suggest the KMAT aspirants to remain steady and regular in their KMAT preparation and always think that KMAT exam is round the corner.
There is still good KMAT preparation time which if fruitfully used, can turn the table in your favour.
How to start KMAT preparation at home?
KMAT preparation 2019 should be started at home now without waiting any further. KMAT toppers advise to start self-preparation at home without being dependent on any coaching. KMAT preparation tips to start KMAT preparation at home are:
- Go through the revised KMAT exam pattern
- Read thoroughly the KMAT syllabus 2019
- Pick out your strong and weak areas in all the 3 sections
- Gather the best books and preparation material for KMAT preparation
- Improve on your weak areas and monitor the improvement regularly
- Take as many KMAT Mocks during your KMAT 2019 preparation and do the analysis of each Mock. Without analysis of Mock, attempting a mock test may not be useful.
- If you are weak in VARC, reading different articles and novels, conversing in English with friends and even watching English TV series and movies will be helpful.
- Write down whatever new words you encounter after reading at least 5-6 newspaper articles every day
- Data Interpretation (DI) is considered a bit more time consuming. Start practicing on DI questions. Use approximation techniques for quick calculations.
KMAT Exam Preparation Books
KMAT 2019 preparation books and KMAT preparation material online or offline play a major role in helping you score high in the KMAT exam. A few of the best books for KMAT preparation recommended by toppers to prepare for KMAT 2019 and other exams are:
KMAT Exam Preparation Books for VARC Section
- How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for CAT’- by Arun Sharma & Meenakshi Upadhyay
- ‘Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for the CAT’ - by Nishit K Sinha
- Latest RC Passages and practice questions provided by Study centres like TIME, CL among others
- Editorial and short articles published in English news papers
- ‘Word Power Made Easy’ – by Norman Lewis
- ‘High School English Grammar & Composition’ – by Wren & Martin
- Regularly solve the Verbal Ability questions from your study material especially on Para summary, Jumbled Paragraphs
- There is also number of KMAT preparation books PDF free download available online for KMAT aspirants
- Use the best KMAT 2019 Online Preparation material
KMAT Preparation Books for Quantitative Ability and DI
- ‘How to Prepare for Data Interpretation for CAT’ - by Arun Sharma (Published by McGraw Hill)
- ‘How to prepare for Quantitative for the CAT’ - by Arun Sharma, published by MGH Education
- ‘Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT’ – by Nishit K.Sinha, Published by Pearson
- ‘The Pearson Guide to Quantitative Aptitude for competitive exams’
- Quant study modules by TIME, CL, IMS
KMAT Preparation Books for Reasoning
- ‘Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation for the CAT’ - by Nishit K Sinha (Published by Pearson)
- ‘How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for the CAT’ - by Arun Sharma (Published by McGraw Hill)
How to Complete KMAT 2019 Preparation in 6 months?
KMAT preparation tips for beginners or for the repeaters are not much different? KMAT preparation time of 6 months is sufficient to crack the exam. Following should be adhered to before proceeding on KMAT preparation journey:
- As you are left with sufficient KMAT preparation time, first of all go through and understand the KMAT exam pattern
- Get a good feel of KMAT 2019 exam syllabus
- Find out your strong and weak areas
- Start building up the fundamentals and get conceptual clarity on the topics which fall in your weak areas
- Don’t waste too much time on theory. If you have understood the basics, attempt KMAT sectional quiz.
- Practice after theory is a must. Accordingly take periodical KMAT 2019 Quiz, attempt KMAT previous years Mock test, KMAT previous years question papers
- Get the best KMAT preparation material with best books for KMAT preparation.
- Beginning your KMAT preparation early will give you time to periodically assess yourself and overcome your weaknesses.
- Remain confident right from the day one during your KMAT preparation journey.
- KMAT Self Preparation is the best preparation strategy for KMAT 2019 however time is also an important factor. If a candidate gets stuck on some question due to his/her lack of conceptual clarity, the wastage of time is more and depression begins to set in. It could be a small quant formula, LR logic, or Verbal usage clarity which might need a simple push to come out of the shallow waters. This help can be provided by your mentor online or offline depending upon your preference or a mix of both.
How to prepare for KMAT in 3 months?
KMAT preparation time of three months is not short. What you have done in last three months or whatever you have prepared can be revised now in three months with various KMAT preparation tools. The time is ripe to intensify a little your KMAT preparation strategy for three months:
- See that you have achieved good clarity on fundamentals and have strengthened your basics
- Alongwith going through the books for KMAT preparation, visit number of KMAT 2019 online preparation material
- It is time that you started taking KMAT Mock test, analyse your errors and rectify them
- Instead of reading the theory again and again, now you should attempt the question and when you are stuck, visit the basics and clarify your point to clear the confusion
- Solve KMAT previous year question papers
- Join a good Test series for KMAT preparation
How to prepare for KMAT 2019 in 2 months?
Many KMAT toppers are of the view that KMAT preparation time of two months is good enough to crack the exam. If you study effectively with right study material, even 2 months are sufficient to score 95 percentile provided you are sincere enough.
- Focus more on KMAT Exam Quiz, KMAT Mock tests, different types of questions as appeared in KMAT
- Don’t leave any KMAT Mock Test without analyzing it
- Go through the Books for KMAT preparation and the KMAT online preparation material and ensure that you have gone through the sectional and overall quiz and practice tests for KMAT
- There are some strong areas within your weak areas and some weak areas within your strong areas. Try to focus on all the weak areas and see if you are able to improve them. However, you should not waste more time on them. Instead focus more on your strong areas and improve them further.
How to prepare for KMAT without coaching and with self study?
There is no substitute of KMAT exam preparation with self study which does not require any coaching until and unless you are stuck. Experts therefore, recommend that you should start your KMAT preparation 2019 by self study and later make it a mix of self study as well as help from coaching to avoid wastage of time.
- Most of the candidates coming from Engineering or other technical background find it easy to get along well with Quant, DI and LR but when it comes to Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension, they find the section too difficult. It is where they need an expert guidance.
- KMAT preparation 2019 needs improvement in your speed and accuracy as the time to solve per question is short. You need to solve 120 questions in 120 minutes.
- KMAT 2019 preparation should equip you with continuous sitting for more than 2 hours without break. To achieve this you are required to take more Mocks, KMAT previous year test papers.
KMAT Preparation with Coaching
KMAT coaching helps you overcome many weak areas. Choose for the best coaching for KMAT preparation, if you wish to prepare for KMAT with the help of coaching. Some of the best KMAT test coaching institutes are TIME, CL, IMS.
KMAT coaching online is a good answer to the working professionals who find it difficult to attend regular class room coaching for KMAT. During the past few years preference for KMAT online coaching has gone up many times. In fact, KMAT preparation through online coaching for KMAT is more cost effective, less time consuming and offers you more time to practice KMAT question papers and KMAT exercises.
KMAT Preparation 2019 With Mock Tests
KMAT 2019 Mock Tests and KMAT Previous Years Question Papers are the major KMAT preparation tools for KMAT 2019 exam. Alongwith the KMAT Mock tests, KMAT exam quiz, KMAT previous years Mock test, KMAT sectional quiz also play a major role in improving your speed and accuracy in KMAT preparation.
The best way to overcome weakness on any topic is to practice on variety of questions on the problem. Mock exams are practice exams that help students prepare for the real exam. They are intended to give students a clear indication of the structure and content of the actual exam, as well as a snapshot of their current performance
Mind Maps: Mind maps allow students to visually organize relevant concepts and information, showing relationships among pieces of the whole.
Study Guides: Published Material from Coaching Centres, Books on Verbal Ability, Reading Comprehension, Data Interpretation, Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude for MBA entrance exam preparation are very helpful. Various organizations and individuals produce published materials that students can incorporate into their preparation.
Courses: Many test preparation courses are designed to expose students to the breadth of topics tested on the relevant exam and guide them through the process of studying.
KMAT Preparation Strategy to score 95+ percentile
It may be noted that even half of the total questions, if attempted right can fetch you a percentile of 96-98. So prepare accordingly. KMAT Preparation does not require you to study round the clock, instead you need to study smartly and with intelligent approach to crack the questions correctly in minimum time to achieve high score.
Looking at the level of difficulty that appear in KMAT, a thorough preparation of 2-3 months is required to crack KMAT 2019.
According to the experts and toppers, the best way to prepare for KMAT 2019 exam is to know your strengths and weaknesses and start working on them now. Since there is time to get over with your weakness and further strengthen your strong areas, you must devote around 2-3 hours a day from now on to crack KMAT 2019 with a high score.