KMAT Preparation 2023: Exam on Nov 5; Pattern changed to IBT Mode; Check How to Prepare for Karnataka KMAT 2023
How to prepare well for KMAT 2023 before the exam date? The question needs answer with comprehensive preparation guide as per the time available from the date of starting the preparation and chalking out the strategy to complete your KMAT preparation before the exam.
The 6 Point KMAT Preparation plan includes:
Build Your Basics
Get Conceptual Clarity
Prepare the Topics Well
Revise the Prepared Topics
Remove Weak areas & Strengthen your strong areas
Take More Mocks and Analyse them for errors
KMAT 2023 exam is scheduled on November 5, 2023 for admission to MBA and MCA 2023-25 batch in more than 189 colleges located in Bangalore and rest of Karnataka. Read latest updates on KMAT 2023 exam, key changes in pattern, preparation, top MBA colleges accepting KMAT
Starting your KMAT preparation is not a big question but adhering to preparation time line is very important. The KMAT exam preparation requires you to first check the revised KMAT exam pattern and then you should proceed with KMAT preparation as per the KMAT syllabus and exam pattern. KMAT exam preparation strategy needs equal focus on all the three core sections. Accordingly, your KMAT Karnataka exam Preparation 2023 should be focused on following key points:
- When and How to prepare for KMAT?
- Which are the KMAT Preparation Books?
- What KMAT preparation material is available apart from the books?
- KMAT Preparation Tips by KMAT Toppers?
- Whether the KMAT Karnataka exam preparation 2023 should be done through KMAT Coaching or should Self prepare - which is better?
- KMAT 2023 Exam Preparation Online
- Strategy - how to crack KMAT Exam with High score?
KMAT Exam Preparation 2023 must be started well in advance as per the KMAT exam pattern and syllabus. KMAT exam preparation 2023 should have a clear goal of getting admission in the top MBA colleges of Bangalore and rest of Karnataka accepting KMAT score.
KMAT exam Preparation is not very difficult as the KMAT is moderate difficulty level exam. One of the important facts in KMAT preparation is that basics of KMAT question paper have remained unchanged. In view of the experts and past KMAT test toppers, the KMAT exam preparation must be well defined. A key component in KMAT preparation strategy is your KMAT preparation time.
KMAT 2023 Preparation Time: An Important Factor
As the KMAT preparation time goes on reducing month after month with every passing day, you need to revisit your KMAT preparation strategy and synchronise it with remaining KMAT preparation Time. KMAT preparation tips by toppers who suggest ‘How to prepare KMAT in 3 months’; ‘How to prepare for KMAT in 2 months’ and so on, are more relevant as the KMAT exam preparation time is short now.
KMAT Coaching or KMAT Preparation at Home
After synchronizing the KMAT preparation time, you need to find out whether to go for KMAT coaching or prepare for KMAT at home. One of the important KMAT preparation tips for beginners is to come out of this dilemma of moving between KMAT coaching and KMAT preparation at home after analyzing following points:
1. Carefully Choose Coaching:
If you wish to prepare with KMAT Coaching, it is important to find out the best coaching for KMAT exam. Even the best coaching for KMAT exam may have its draw backs in regard to imparting KMAT coaching on certain topics. So along with your KMAT preparation 2023 through the best KMAT coaching, you should find out an individual best expert coach for KMAT preparation for the topics that need your greater attention.
2. Plan your Self Preparation:
If you wish to self-prepare for KMAT, you need to understand first how to prepare for KMAT exam at home with the help of right books for KMAT preparation 2023 and other appropriate KMAT online preparation material.
So instead of getting involved into KMAT exam coaching, KMAT preparation with best books for KMAT Test is recommended by toppers - like KMAT preparation books by Arun Sharma, KMAT exam book by Nishit Sinha, abundantly available good KMAT preparation material, KMAT Online preparation material and along with it the freely available KMAT online preparation facility, KMAT exam Quiz, KMAT Mock tests that can hone your KMAT preparation and make you aware how to prepare for KMAT without coaching. These are the best tools for KMAT preparation.
KMAT Preparation Tips
Accordingly, the key KMAT 2023 Preparation tips which will guide you how to start KMAT preparation at home as per the revised KMAT exam pattern, are focused on following points when you start your KMAT 2023 exam preparation:
- KMAT Exam Pattern: You must be aware about the revised KMAT exam pattern and sectional composition
- KMAT Syllabus
- KMAT Exam Preparation Time
- How to start KMAT preparation at home?
- How to prepare for KMAT in 1 month?
- How to prepare for KMAT in 2 months?
- How to prepare for KMAT in 3 months?
- How to prepare for KMAT without coaching and with self study?
- KMAT Exam preparation Books
- KMAT Exam Preparation with Coaching
- KMAT Exam Preparation with Mock Test
- Strategy to score 95% in KMAT
KMAT Exam Pattern
KMAT 2023 exam pattern is changed to Internet Based Online Proctored exam which you can take from hom instead of a paper based test which was conducted at exam centers. KMAT question paper consists of 120 questions divided in 3 sections. Each of the 3 sections has 40 objective type questions. The KMAT preparation period now requires a well devised preparation plan as per the KMAT Test Structure.
The basics of the KMAT exam have not changed. KMAT exam, except for a few changes, has remained on the same lines. To make sure to crack KMAT with high score you need to begin your KMAT exam preparation without waiting any longer. The maximum score in KMAT
exam is 120 marks and there is no negative marking for wrong answer.
KMAT 2023 Test Composition
KMAT question paper is an objective type test with Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQs). Following is the sectional composition of questions in KMAT 2023:
- KMAT Exam consists of 120 Objective Type Questions (MCQs)
- Mode of KMAT 2023 exam is changed to Online Proctored Test
- KMAT Exam Pattern notifies that the KMAT exam will be divided in 3 sections with 40 questions in each section
- KMAT Questions are of easy to moderate difficulty level
- The 3 test sections in KMAT exam are Language Comprehension; Mathematical Skills; and Basic Aptitude
- +1 mark is awarded for Each correct answer
- No Negative Marking for wrong answer
- Net scores with Percentile will be displayed in the score card.
Once you know about the KMAT Test Structure, your next step for KMAT preparation is to scan the KMAT exam Syllabus. The KMAT exam syllabus is the outcome of the topics which have earlier appeared in KMAT exam although the type of questions, their composition, format and number may change in each subsequent KMAT exam.
KMAT exam Syllabus covers all the major topics on the three KMAT test sections which are further divided into sub-sections... Read More on KMAT Syllabus
KMAT Preparation Time
What is the ideal KMAT preparation time that could ensure a high score in KMAT exam? Although there is no thumb rule on it, KMAT toppers suggest the KMAT aspirants to remain steady and regular in their KMAT preparation and always think that KMAT exam is round the corner.
There is still good KMAT preparation time which if fruitfully used, can turn the table in your favour.
How to start KMAT preparation at home?
KMAT preparation should be started at home now without waiting any further. KMAT toppers advise to start self-preparation at home without being dependent on any coaching. KMAT preparation tips to start KMAT preparation at home are:
- Go through the revised KMAT exam pattern
- Read thoroughly the KMAT syllabus
- Pick out your strong and weak areas in all the 3 sections
- Gather the best books and preparation material for KMAT preparation
- Improve on your weak areas and monitor the improvement regularly
- Take as many KMAT Mocks during your KMAT preparation and do the analysis of each Mock. Without analysis of Mock, attempting a mock test may not be useful.
- If you are weak in VARC, reading different articles and novels, conversing in English with friends and even watching English TV series and movies will be helpful.
- Write down whatever new words you encounter after reading at least 5-6 newspaper articles every day
- Data Interpretation (DI) is considered a bit more time consuming. Start practicing on DI questions. Use approximation techniques for quick calculations.
KMAT Exam Preparation Books
KMAT preparation books and KMAT preparation material online or offline play a major role in helping you score high in the KMAT exam. A few of the best books for KMAT preparation recommended by toppers to prepare for KMAT and other exams are:
KMAT Exam Preparation Books for Language Comprehension Section
- How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for CAT’- by Arun Sharma & Meenakshi Upadhyay
- ‘Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for the CAT’ - by Nishit K Sinha
- Latest RC Passages and practice questions provided by Study centres like TIME, CL among others
- Editorial and short articles published in English news papers
- ‘Word Power Made Easy’ – by Norman Lewis
- ‘High School English Grammar & Composition’ – by Wren & Martin
- Regularly solve the Verbal Ability questions from your study material especially on Para summary, Jumbled Paragraphs
- There is also number of KMAT preparation books PDF free download available online for KMAT aspirants
- Use the best KMAT Online Preparation material
KMAT Preparation Books for Mathematical Skills
- ‘How to Prepare for Data Interpretation for CAT’ - by Arun Sharma (Published by McGraw Hill)
- ‘How to prepare for Quantitative for the CAT’ - by Arun Sharma, published by MGH Education
- ‘Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT’ – by Nishit K.Sinha, Published by Pearson
- ‘The Pearson Guide to Quantitative Aptitude for competitive exams’
- Quant study modules by TIME, CL, IMS
KMAT Preparation Books for Basic Aptitude
- ‘Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation for the CAT’ - by Nishit K Sinha (Published by Pearson)
- ‘How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for the CAT’ - by Arun Sharma (Published by McGraw Hill)
How to prepare for KMAT in 1 month?
Many KMAT toppers are of the view that KMAT preparation time of one month is good enough to crack the exam. If you study effectively with right study material, even one month is sufficient to score 95 percentile provided you are sincere enough.
- Focus more on KMAT Exam Quiz, KMAT Mock tests, different types of questions as appeared in KMAT
- Don’t leave any KMAT Mock Test without analyzing it
- Go through the Books for KMAT preparation and the KMAT online preparation material and ensure that you have gone through the sectional and overall quiz and practice tests for KMAT
- There are some strong areas within your weak areas and some weak areas within your strong areas. Try to focus on all the weak areas and see if you are able to improve them. However, you should not waste more time on them. Instead focus more on your strong areas and improve them further.
How to prepare for KMAT in 2 months?
KMAT preparation time of two months is not short. What you have done in last two months or whatever you have prepared can be revised now in two months with various KMAT preparation tools. The time is ripe to intensify a little your KMAT preparation strategy for two months:
- See that you have achieved good clarity on fundamentals and have strengthened your basics
- Alongwith going through the books for KMAT preparation, visit number of KMAT online preparation material
- It is time that you started taking KMAT Mock test, analyse your errors and rectify them
- Instead of reading the theory again and again, now you should attempt the question and when you are stuck, visit the basics and clarify your point to clear the confusion
- Solve KMAT previous year question papers
- Join a good Test series for KMAT preparation
How to Complete KMAT Preparation in 3 months?
KMAT preparation tips for beginners or for the repeaters are not much different? KMAT preparation time of 3 months is sufficient to crack the exam. Following should be adhered to before proceeding on KMAT preparation journey:
- As you are left with sufficient KMAT preparation time, first of all go through and understand the KMAT exam pattern
- Get a good feel of KMAT exam syllabus
- Find out your strong and weak areas
- Start building up the fundamentals and get conceptual clarity on the topics which fall in your weak areas
- Don’t waste too much time on theory. If you have understood the basics, attempt KMAT sectional quiz.
- Practice after theory is a must. Accordingly take periodical KMAT Quiz, attempt KMAT previous years Mock test, KMAT previous years question papers
- Get the best KMAT preparation material with best books for KMAT preparation.
- Beginning your KMAT preparation early will give you time to periodically assess yourself and overcome your weaknesses.
- Remain confident right from the day one during your KMAT preparation journey.
- KMAT Self- Preparation is the best preparation strategy for KMAT however time is also an important factor. If a candidate gets stuck on some question due to his/her lack of conceptual clarity, the wastage of time is more and depression begins to set in. It could be a small quant formula, LR logic, or Verbal usage clarity which might need a simple push to come out of the shallow waters. This help can be provided by your mentor online or offline depending upon your preference or a mix of both.
How to prepare for KMAT without coaching and with self study?
There is no substitute of KMAT exam preparation with self study which does not require any coaching until and unless you are stuck. Experts therefore, recommend that you should start your KMAT preparation by self study and later make it a mix of self study as well as help from coaching to avoid wastage of time.
- Most of the candidates coming from Engineering or other technical background find it easy to get along well with Quant, DI and LR but when it comes to Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension, they find the section too difficult. It is where they need an expert guidance.
- KMAT preparation needs improvement in your speed and accuracy as the time to solve per question is short. You need to solve 120 questions in 120 minutes.
- KMAT preparation should equip you with continuous sitting for more than 2 hours without break. To achieve this you are required to take more Mocks, KMAT previous year test papers.
KMAT Preparation with Coaching
KMAT coaching helps you overcome many weak areas. Choose for the best coaching for KMAT preparation, if you wish to prepare for KMAT with the help of coaching. Some of the best KMAT test coaching institutes are TIME, CL, IMS.
In the present pandemic time, KMAT coaching online is a good answer and is the best for the working professionals who find it difficult to attend regular class room coaching for KMAT. During the past few years preference for KMAT online coaching has gone up many times. In fact, KMAT preparation through online coaching for KMAT is more cost effective, less time consuming and offers you more time to practice KMAT question papers and KMAT exercises.
KMAT Preparation With Mock Tests
KMAT Mock Tests and KMAT Previous Years Question Papers are the major KMAT preparation tools for KMAT exam. Alongwith the KMAT Mock tests, KMAT exam quiz, KMAT previous years Mock test, KMAT sectional quiz also play a major role in improving your speed and accuracy in KMAT preparation.
The best way to overcome weakness on any topic is to practice on variety of questions on the problem. Mock exams are practice exams that help students prepare for the real exam. They are intended to give students a clear indication of the structure and content of the actual exam, as well as a snapshot of their current performance
Mind Maps: Mind maps allow students to visually organize relevant concepts and information, showing relationships among pieces of the whole.
Study Guides: Published Material from Coaching Centres, Books on Verbal Ability, Reading Comprehension, Data Interpretation, Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude for MBA entrance exam preparation are very helpful. Various organizations and individuals produce published materials that students can incorporate into their preparation.
Courses: Many test preparation courses are designed to expose students to the breadth of topics tested on the relevant exam and guide them through the process of studying.
KMAT Preparation Strategy to score 95+ percentile
It may be noted that even half of the total questions, if attempted right can fetch you a percentile of 96-98. So prepare accordingly. KMAT Preparation does not require you to study round the clock, instead you need to study smartly and with intelligent approach to crack the questions correctly in minimum time to achieve high score.
Looking at the level of difficulty that appear in KMAT, a thorough preparation of 2-3 months is required to crack KMAT.
According to the experts and toppers, the best way to prepare for KMAT exam is to know your strengths and weaknesses and start working on them now. Since there is time to get over with your weakness and further strengthen your strong areas, you must devote around 2-3 hours a day from now on to crack KMAT with a high score.