CAT Exam 2020 date is Sunday, November 29, 2020 and the CAT exam timings for slot 1 are from 9 AM to 12 noon and for slot-2 are from 2.30 PM to 5.30 PM. IIM Indore is conducting CAT 2020 exam in two different sessions - Morning and afternoon. No candidate is allowed to appear in both the CAT exam slots on CAT exam day 2020.
The CAT exam 2020 reporting time for the morning slot is 7.30 AM. No candidate is permitted to enter the CAT test centre after 8.45 AM for the slot 1 CAT exam. Similarly, the slot-2 CAT 2020 exam reporting time is 1 PM. CAT test centre gates will be closed at 2.15 PM for slot-2 CAT exam.
The CAT 2020 Exam Date With Timings:
Slot-1 Morning Session: CAT Exam Date & Time
- CAT Exam Date Slot-1: November 29, 2020
- CAT Exam Time Slot-1 (Gen/OBC/SC/ST Candidates): 9 AM to 12 Noon
- CAT Exam Time Slot-1 (PwD candidates): 9 AM to 1 PM
- CAT Exam Reporting Time Slot-1: 7.30 AM
- CAT Exam Entry Closing Time Slot-1: 8.45 AM
Slot-2 Afternoon Session: CAT Exam Date & Time
- CAT Exam Date Slot-2: November 29, 2020
- CAT Exam Time Slot-2 (Gen/OBC/SC/ST Candidates): 2.30 PM to 5.30 PM
- CAT Exam Time Slot-2 (PwD candidates): 2.30 PM to 6.30 PM
- CAT Exam Reporting Time Slot-2: 1 PM
- CAT Exam Entry Closing Time Slot-2: 2.15 PM
- Please arrive at the CAT Test Centre at least 30 minutes before the gate closure time of the CAT Test Venue
- A day before your CAT exam date, visit the Test Venue to ascertain about the distance and transport system between your place of stay and the test venue.
- Add some more time to the total time taken in reaching the CAT exam centre.
- No candidate will be allowed to leave the testing room before the completion of CAT exam
- No Break during the exam time will allowed. The candidate must use the rest room before exam commencement
How to Get Ready for CAT 2020 Exam Date?
Remember the following to gather and complete before the CAT 2020 Exam Date:
- Check if you have taken Print of your CAT Admit card on an A4 size paper.
- Check if you have pasted your photograph on CAT admit card. If not, paste the identical photograph as uploaded at the time of completing the CAT Registration Form at the indicated place.
- Please note that CAT Admit Card is valid only if the candidate's photograph and signature images are legibly printed.
- Keep the CAT Admit Card ready to carry on CAT exam date with you. CAT Admit card is to be produced for verification at the time of the test.
- Keep ready at least one original (not photocopied or scanned) valid (not expired) photo identification card. This ID is needed to be produced for verification at the CAT Exam centre on the CAT exam date.
- Valid and acceptable Photo IDs are: College ID, Employer ID, Driving License, Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhar Card, Identification Affidavit). The candidate's photograph and signature should be legibly printed and visible on the photo ID card and should match the name on Admit Card. The Photo ID card should not be damaged or smudged.
- Locate your CAT test centre and its accessibility a day before the test so that you can reach the test centre on time on the CAT exam date.
CAT 2020 Exam date Activity: Important Do’s and Don’ts
- Arrive at the CAT exam centre on the CAT exam date 90 minutes before the commencement of the CAT exam
- Only Admit Card & Photo ID Card are allowed inside the CAT test hall. Nothing else is permitted.
- Allow PwD candidates to get into test centre first as they will get priority entry
- Do not carry Mobile phones, electronic gadgets, watches, calculators, stationary items, papers, wallets, goggles or similar such things as they are not allowed inside the test hall on CAT exam date.
- Do not wear any jewelry or other items containing metal, you may be asked to remove them.
- Don’t wear shoes and socks, you have to remove your footwear before entering the test hall.
- Don’t carry valuables on CAT exam date to CAT exam centre. There is no facility for safekeeping of your personal belongings outside the test hall and CAT Centre is not responsible for its loss.
- Don’t ask your friends and relatives to accompany you as they will not be allowed inside the test centre.
Locating your Seat on CAT exam date
You can locate your designated seat and test lab at the CAT test centre on the CAT exam date with Test System number. There is Test System Number in your CAT Admit card. This system number is provided only for the limited purpose of identifying the floor / wing and the computer at your designated seat at the test venue on the CAT exam day.
For any correspondence with CAT Centre you must provide your Registration Number and not the Test System number.
Inside the CAT testing hall on CAT exam date
- Before you enter the CAT testing hall use the wash room as you are not allowed to go to wash room during the CAT exam duration.
- You will be provided with rough pad and pen for rough work, which will have to be returned after the test.
- You should clearly write your name and registration number on the rough pad.