CMAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria comprise two major CMAT Exam Eligibility requirements. The first part in the CMAT Eligibility criteria is the CMAT exam eligibility to appear in CMAT 2021 entrance exam on January 24, 2021 and the second part of CMAT 2021 Eligibility is the post CMAT exam eligibility with cut offs as required by each of the CMAT 2021 score accepting management institutes who offer AICTE approved MBA/PGDM programmes.
National Testing Agency (NTA), the CMAT 2021 exam conducting body has announced the CMAT Eligibility Criteria and the eligibility criteria. Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) 2021, is the MBA entrance test for MBA admission 2021 to 1000 management institutes offering AICTE approved management programmes. CMAT 2021 will be conducted by NTA instead of AICTE.
CMAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria for General & Reserved category candidates define different percentage of marks in the qualifying graduation degree. However, there is no age bar for either category of candidates to apply for NTA CMAT 2021 exam.
National Testing Agency (NTA) has prescribed following major points that determine the NTA-CMAT eligibility criteria 2021:
CMAT 2021 Eligibility Component
Applicant must be a citizen of India.
Graduate with 15 years of minimum education in any discipline from Recognized University/Institute
Minimum Percentage of Marks in Graduation
50% Marks For General Category
45% for SC/ST/PWD category
Eligibility for Candidates in Final Year of Graduation
Final year students of Graduate Courses (10+2+3) whose result will be declared before commencement of admission for academic year 2021-22 can also apply
Age Limit to apply for CMAT 2021
No Age Limit Restriction
CMAT Exam Eligibility 2021 for General & NC-OBC Candidates
CMAT exam eligibility 2021 criteria for General & NC-OBC candidates prescribed following conditions:
- The candidate must hold Bachelor’s Degree with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA.
- Candidates in final year of Graduation are also eligible to apply for CMAT 2021
- If selected, the final year candidates will be allowed to join the programme provisionally, only if she/he submits the certificate/marks sheet latest by the stipulated date prescribed by the management institute to which he/she has applied.
- Candidates who have completed professional degree (CA/CS/ICWA) with 50% marks
CMAT Exam Eligibility 2021 for SC/ST/PwD Candidates
CMAT exam eligibility criteria for reserved category candidates who wish to apply for CMAT 2021 prescribe following eligibility and qualifications:
- Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Differently Abled (DA) category candidates need 45% marks in graduation
- Candidates in final year of Graduation are also eligible to apply for CMAT 2021
- Candidates who have completed professional degree (CA/CS/ICWA) with 45% marks
Key Points to ensure your CMAT Eligibility 2021
- CMAT eligibility does not impose any age bar to appear in CMAT 2021 exam.
- Graduation Degree should be UGC recognized, AICTE approved, Government of India recognized
- The candidate applying for CMAT 2021 must fulfil one of the following CMAT eligibility criteria 2021
- A. Completed Bachelor’s degree with the required percentage of marks, or
- B. Completed professional degree (CA/CS/ICWA) with required percentage, or
- C. Should be in the final year of Bachelor’s degree with required percentage
- The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate would be calculated based on the practice as followed by the respective University/Institution.
- In case of grades / CGPA, the conversion to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure as certified by the respective University/ institution in accordance with the CMAT exam eligibility criteria.
- If any University/institution confirms that there is no scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA, and multiplying the result with 100 as per the CMAT 2021 eligibility
- Mere fulfilment of minimum CMAT eligibility criteria 2021 will not ensure consideration for short listing by B-schools.
- One of the key points prescribed by NTA-CMAT 2021 eligibility is that the candidates must declare and maintain a valid and unique email account and a phone number throughout the selection process
Who is Not Eligible for CMAT 2021? NTA clarifies…
- If you are not pursuing or completed your Bachelor’s degree or any Professional degree like CA/CS/ICWA, you are not eligible to appear for CMAT 2021
- If you have scored below 50% marks in graduation as a general category candidate and below 45% as SC/ST/PwD candidate you are not eligible for CMAT 2021
- If your Graduation is not recognized by UGC/AICTE/MHRD-Govt. of India, You are not eligible to apply for CMAT 2021
CMAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria in Detail
- Applicant must be a citizen of India.
- Graduates with 50% marks or equivalent CGPA in any discipline can apply for CMAT 2021 exam.
- In case of the candidate belonging to SC/ST/PwD category, the eligibility criterion is relaxed to 45%
- Final year students of Graduate Courses (10+2+3) whose result will be declared before commencement of admission for academic year 2020-21 can also apply for CMAT online exam
- The bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification obtained by the candidate must entail a minimum of three years of education after completing higher secondary schooling (10+2) or equivalent
- If the candidate is awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the equivalence would be based on the equivalence certified by the institution/university from where the bachelor's degree is obtained. In case the institution/university does not have any scheme for converting the CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by the institute by dividing the obtained CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the resultant by 100 to confirm the eligibility of the candidate.
- A candidate appearing for the final year bachelor's degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed the degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply. Such a candidate must produce a certificate at the time of seeking admission to MBA/PGDM prgoramme, from the principal/head of the department/ registrar/director of the institution/university certifying that the candidate is currently in the final year or is awaiting final results and has obtained at least 50% marks or equivalent (45% in case of the candidate belonging to SC/ST/PwD category) based on latest available grades/marks.
- Such a candidate, if selected, will be eligible for the admission only if he/she submits a certificate by the stipulated date advised by the institute, from the principal/head of the department/registrar/director of the institution/university stating that they have completed all the requirements (the result may, however, be awaited) for obtaining the bachelor's degree/equivalent qualification on the date of issue of the certificate.
- It is mandatory for a final year student, who is provisionally considered eligible by the MBA/PGDM institute and offered admission, to submit the mark-sheet and degree certificate of the final year bachelor's degree examination by the date prescribed by the college/institute.
Check Your CMAT Eligibility Criteria before Applying:
If you are not eligible to apply to the MBA programme of your preferred institute, your CMAT application and exam fee will not be refunded by the Test conducting authority. So, ensure your SNAP exam eligibility before applying for CMAT 2021 exam and also ensure the institute level CMAT 2021 eligibility before making payment of CMAT exam fee and Institute application fee.
NTA has directed the candidates to check the CMAT eligibility of the respective Institutes also as they have to apply for the institute level MBA programme through as per their eligibility criteria.
CMAT 2021 is one of the important national level MBA entrance exams for admission to MBA colleges offering AICTE approved MBA/PGDM programs. Common Management Admission Test – CMAT 2021 exam will be conducted by the newly created testing agency for higher education - The National Testing Agency (NTA) instead of AICTE. CMAT entrance exam is online computer based test of three hours duration.
The NTA- CMAT will be held in single session from 9.30 AM to 12.30 PM. There is no change in the CMAT 2021 exam structure which will have 100 questions equally divided into 4 sections of 25 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) in each section.