TANCET Eligibility 2022 for MBA is similar to other State level MBA entrance exams. Apart from the TANCET MBA eligibility, the TANCET eligibility criteria 2022 have been announced for admission to other courses.
TANCET 2022 is the MBA entrance test for the MBA admission 2022 in the colleges of Tamil Nadu State. The TANCET 2022 exam date is May 14, 2022. TANCET eligibility criteria 2022 is determined by Anna University Chennai which conducts TANCET every year.
Anna University TANCET Eligibility 2022: Key Criteria
Anna University TANCET Eligibility criteria 2022 prescribe mandatory and desirable qualification for the candidates of Tamilnadu state and other states as well. Following are the four key points that determine TANCET eligibility for MBA:
1. TANCET Eligibility 2022: Basic Qualification
The TANCET eligibility criteria 2022 require the applicants to have passed a recognised Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration and obtained at least 50 % marks (45 % in the case of candidates belonging to reserved category) in the qualifying degree examination.
2. TANCET Eligibility for MBA: Final Year Candidates
TANCET MBA eligibility also permits the candidates who are appearing for the final semester / year of examination of the graduation degree course to apply. These courses do not include the courses offered by Professional Institution’s (like AMIE).
3. TANCET Eligibility 2022: Other State Candidates
Other State Candidates can also appear for the TANCET entrance exam. However, the eligibility conditions will be stipulated by the admitting authority / University.
4. TANCET Eligibility 2022: Acceptable Qualifications
The candidate applying for TANCET 2022 must have at least one of the following qualifications to become eligible for Anna University TANCET exam:
- Bachelor’s Degree in 10+2+3 years pattern
- 10+3 years Diploma as per +3 years pattern
- B.E./B.Tech./B.Arch./B.Pharm Degrees
- 10+2+AMIE or 10+3 years diploma (awarded by the State Board of Technical Education) + AMIE.
Key Points to Ensure Your TANCET Eligibility 2022
- TANCET eligibility criteria 2022 do not impose any age bar to appear in TANCET 2022 exam.
- TANCET eligibility allows you to appear in TANCET 2022 only if you have done graduation from a UGC recognized university or the other graduation as given above duly recognized by the competent authority
- The candidate applying for TANCET 2022 must fulfil one of the following TANCET eligibility criteria 2022
A. Completed Bachelor’s degree with the required percentage of marks, or
B. Completed professional degree with required percentage, or
C. Should be in the final year of Bachelor’s degree with required percentage
- The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate would be calculated based on the practice as followed by the respective University/Institution.
- In case of grades / CGPA, the conversion to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure as certified by the respective University/ institution in accordance with the TANCET eligibility criteria 2022.
- If any University/institution confirms that there is no scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA, and multiplying the result with 100 as per the TANCET 2022 eligibility
- Mere fulfilment of minimum TANCET eligibility criteria 2022 will not ensure consideration for short listing by the institutes.
Anna University TANCET Eligibility: Candidates Who Are Not Eligible
- If you are not pursuing or completed your Bachelor’s degree or any Professional degree, you are not eligible to appear for TANCET 2022
- If you have not completed any graduation course but you are in the final year of a professional course like AMIE, you are not eligible for TANCET 2022.
- If you have scored below 50% marks in graduation as a general category candidate and below 45% as SC/ST/PwD candidate you are not eligible for TANCET 2022
- If your Graduation is not recognized by UGC/AICTE/MHRD-Govt. of India, You are not eligible to apply for TANCET 2022
How to convert CGPA/Grades to Percentage of Marks
To determine TANCET Eligibility 2022 in case of CGPA is given and no percentage of marks is shared on the marks-sheet, the percentage of marks obtained by the candidate would be calculated based on the practice as followed by the respective University/Institution.
The conversion to percentage of marks from Grades/CGPA would be based on the procedure as certified by the respective University/Institution. If any University/Institution confirms that there is no scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA, and multiplying the result with 100.