Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India (EDII), Ahmedabad has emerged a leading management institute in grooming first generation entrepreneurs and family business successors. Top executives of apex financial institutions are on the Board of Governors of EDII.
Set up in 1983 as an autonomous body by IDBI, IFCI, ICICI and SBI, with support from Government of Gujarat, EDII is the front runner in offering management programmes in Entrepreneurship and has achieved its vision of becoming a national resource centre in entrepreneurship. The institute offers PGDM in Business Entrepreneurship which offers more than what a good PGDM program could offer. EDII Admission Open - Apply Now
EDII was assigned the task to set up Entrepreneurship Development Centres in Cambodia, Lao PDR, Myanmar, Vietnam apart from setting up twelve state-level exclusive entrepreneurship development centres and institutes by the Ministry of External Affairs, Govt. of India. EDII has successfully accomplished it.
EDII Ahmedabad is led by the Director, Dr Sunil Shukla who has been associated with the institution for a long time and is also the national team leader of Global Entrepreneurship Monitor (GEM) India, the largest study of entrepreneurial dynamics.
EDII Ahmedabad focuses more on successfully creating entrepreneurs than job seekers in the country and is contributing to the initiatives like ‘Start Up India’ and ‘Make in India.’ Dr Shukla’s entrepreneurship growth model for the Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS) countries has been recognized for ensuing development and trade in the region.
EDII PGDM (BE): Programme Highlights
EDII offers AICTE approved 2-year Post Graduate Diploma in Management Programme in the Business Entrepreneurship (PGDM-BE). PGDM-BE offers specializations in New Venture Creation and Family Business Management
- Programme approved by AICTE and Accredited by National Board of Accreditation (NBA)
- PGDM (BE) is MBA equivalent as per the Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
- The course follows an outcome based learning approach. The course also offers electives which imparts knowledge on creating and managing business, enhances knowledge in the functional areas of marketing, finance, international business, HRM, information system and language and communication.
- At the completion of the course students are ready with a bankable project report. EDII also extends the necessary follow up support to ensure that the students have a sound and bankable business plan as per their identified business opportunity. Students of Family Business Management are ready with a Five Year Perspective Growth Plan.
- Initiatives are taken in PGDM (BE) programme to boost the vision of ‘Start-Up India’; ‘Make in India.’
- Key initiatives are - EDII Launchpad which enables student entrepreneurs to work individually or in a team to gain entrepreneurial experience and understand the market pressures and demands in the early stage of start-ups. Another initiative is EDII Gurukul. It has been launched to provide mentoring and networking support to students and professionals who are passionate about starting new ventures.
- EDII has introduced Milestone Based Learning to enable students to achieve stepping stones in their entrepreneurial journey. The students can undertake this while still pursuing their course at EDII. The Institute also provides seed funding to successful milestone bonus point achievers for setting up new ventures.
PGDM-BE at EDII develops an individual to constantly analyze opportunities, take initiatives based on calculated risks to seize them with confidence. The success rate of the programme can be inferred from the fact that 78 percent of EDII alumni have chosen entrepreneurial career path and have chartered a growth path for their family businesses as well as have created new ventures in diverse fields including manufacturing, trading and service sector.
EDII alumni with their intrapreneurial skills have reached at senior positions in reputed organizations such as Kotak Securities, Plum Slice Labs, Patni Computers (IGATE), Eco Lab, Donear India Limited, DS Group, AC Nielson, Standard Chartered Bank etc.
After completion of their MBA in Entrepreneurship EDI students prefer launching their own ventures instead of participating in placement process. EDI grooms the entrepreneurship among its students through well-conceived and well-directed activities as is evident from the fact that very few students at EDI participate in the placement process although 45-50 companies line-up to make offers to the EDII students.
PGDM (BE) Intake: 120
EDII batch size for PGDM (BE) is 120 students.
The Email ID submitted at the time of registration will be used for all correspondences until enrolment is completed. Change in Email ID will NOT be permitted under any circumstances.
How to Apply for EDII PGDM-BE Admission
Application form for admission to PGDM (BE) at EDII Ahmedabad can be submitted online as well as offline. For the online application submission candidates can fill application online and also make payment of application fee online. For offline application submission, you need to download application form from EDII website, fill it up and send it with the application fee demand draft to EDII Ahmedabad. Step by Step process to apply for admission is given below:
- Step 1: Register at EDII website and Verify Email
- Step 2: Fill Up Application Form
- Step 3: Upload Required Documents
- Step 4: Pay Application Fee
EDII Ahmedabad PGDM (BE) Programme Fee
EDII has divided PGDM (BE) Programme fee in two categories – Non-Residential and Residential. The PGDM 2020-22 fee is as below:
PGDM (BE) 2020-22 Fee Structure
Fee Amount (Rs. in Lakhs)
Non-Residential category candidates
PGDM (BE) Admission Eligibility
- A candidate must hold a Bachelor‘s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA. In case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Differently Abled (DA), minimum marks requirement is 45%.
- Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor‘s degree or equivalent qualification and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply.
- Candidates applying for admission have appeared in at least one of the following MBA entrance exams namely CAT, GMAT, XAT, MAT, CMAT, ATMA. They should satisfy the minimum score requirement of the institute .
- Eligible Candidates are shortlisted for Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) which are held at the designated centres in different cities
- Final Merit List for admission will be prepared on the basis of performance in Entrance test, Group Discussion, Personal Interview, Academics and other key achievements.
- Final admission offer is made in the month of June
EDII has provided assistance to more than 70 countries in their Entrepreneurship Development projects.
EDII achieved its vision of becoming a national resource centre in entrepreneurship by pioneering many newer activities such as, developing Post Graduate programs focussing on entrepreneurship education, training and research, setting up of centres and entrepreneurship development institutions both within and outside the country, publication of a journal, and so on. To arrive at interventions, EDII has always scanned the environment, conducted a comprehensive research and subsequently devised strategy.
Some of the notable achievements of EDII are that it has evolved the Entrepreneurship Development Programme (EDP) Model, widely being implemented as EDI-EDP Model at national & international levels.
EDII has introduced the industrial cluster development model (including cluster development executives' concept) leading to formulation of cluster development scheme.
EDII has designed an integrated nationally replicable programme for start-ups (Village Entrepreneurship). The Start-up Village Entrepreneurship Programme adopts creation of MCBs as one of its instruments.
The institute has played a key role in floating the concept of Rural Self Employment Training Institutes (RSETIs) to yield tangible results across the country. RSETIs have widespread national presence.
EDII has also pioneered the study on Business Development Services (BDS) market in India, giving recognition to the BDS market development approach in the country. The institute has introduced the concept of urban poverty alleviation based on enterprise and entrepreneurship.
A landmark achievement has been the setting up of Technology Business Incubator, which is ensuring germination & nurturing of innovative technology based start-ups.
In keeping with the mission of Skilled India, Prosperous India, EDII carried out Skill Development Programmes wherein it trained youths including a sizeable number of women in different trades in Karnali Group Panchayat. The Institute also trained people associated with different aspects of Gujarat Tourism Sector to strengthen this sector.
‘Skills to Succeed 2020 Goal’ is a project under which EDII is organizing Micro Enterprise Development Programmes (MEDPs) in five southern states of the country to develop micro entrepreneurs among the rural youth.
EDII has been appointed as the Anchor Institute by the Govt. of Gujarat for promoting start ups in the state.
Stay tuned to MBAUniverse.com for more updates on EDII Ahmedabad