Indian Institute of Management Bodh Gaya, welcomed its incoming 8th MBA 2022-24 batch of 285 students and 3rd batch of Ph.D by organizing an Orientation Programme from 5th July to 7th July, 2022. The incoming MBA batch has average work experience of 30 months and 146 students inducted to MBA programme have work experience while 60 are female students. The orientation programme was attended by all the new students along with the esteemed guests, faculty members, and the existing students.
Apart from Prof. Vinita Sahay, Director, IIM Bodh Gaya; Dr. Prabhat Ranjan, Chairperson, Admissions Committee; Prof. Md. Laeequddin, Chairperson, Ph.D.; Prof. Archana Patro, Chairperson, PGP who welcomed the batch, the orientation ceremony saw many eminent speakers conducting informative and impactful sessions for the students. Among the eminent speakers are included, Abhik Chatterjee, MD & Partner, BCG; Pratyay Amrit, Additional Chief Secretary, Health, Govt. of Bihar; Sajjad Ahmed, Senior Director (HR), Capgemini; Supratik Bhattacharyya, Senior VP and Chief Talent Officer, RPG Group; Ms. Megha Kapil, Director Talent Acquisition, PwC; Sister BK Shivani, recipient of the prestigious Nari Shakti Puraskar and Goodwill Ambassador appointed by the World Psychiatrist Association; Shashi Sinha, Chief Business Officer of Media and Advertising, Adani Airport Holdings; Dipak Kumar Singh, Additional Chief Secretary, Dept. of Education, Government of Bihar; Pradipta Kumar Sahoo, Chief Strategy Officer & Head of International Business, Mother Dairy; Madan Mohan Pandey, Managing Director & CEO, Zuari Farm Hub; Krishnamurthy Shankar, Executive Vice President and Group Head of Human Resource Development, Infosys; Lt Gen PS Minhas, Commandant, Officer’s Training Academy, Gaya; Vinay Ranjan, Director - Personnel, Eastern Coalfields; Ms. Harpreet Kaur, SSP, Gaya among others
IIM Bodh Gaya MBA 2022-24 Batch Profile: Key Highlights
- Total Batch Size: 285 students
- Students with Work Experience: 146
- Average Work Experience of the Batch: 30 Months
- Batch comprises students from multiple Academic Disciplines
Ph.D Batch Profile
- Batch Size: 9 Scholars
- Female Candidates: 4
- Areas of Research: Operations Management, Economics, Finance, Organizational Behaviour and Human Resource Management, Strategy, Marketing, and IT
IIM Bodh Gaya MBA 2022-24 Batch comprises of students from multiple disciplines like Engineering, Science, Commerce, Humanities, Management, Language, Law, Dentistry, Fashion Designing, and Pharmacy. This year the academic diversity of students will prove a boon as the diverse mindsets contribute to the classroom discussions and activities to grow together.
IIM Bodh Gaya Orientation ceremony commenced with Vedic Chanting and a Bharatnatyam recital of Ganesh Vandana by the students. It was followed by the lighting of the lamp and Dr. Prabhat Ranjan, Chairperson, Admissions Committee, presented the profiles of the new batches of students. Prof. Md. Laeequddin, Chairperson, Ph.D., took the stage to talk about the Ph.D. programme while Prof. Archana Patro, Chairperson, PGP, introduced the MBA programme and described the course curriculum and structure. Welcoming the new batch, Prof. Vinita Sahay, Director, IIM Bodh Gaya, wished the students good luck for an exciting and enriching journey with the Institute. She guided the students through the core ideas and principles of the institute and emphasized that the vision of the institute is to make future mindful and socially responsible business leaders. The opportunity was also used to introduce the new students to the experienced faculty members of the institute.
Corporate Leaders, Bureaucrats, Good-Will Ambassador Conduct 3 Day Orientation Sessions
On each of the three days of Orientation Ceremony, the real life leaders shared their experiences and motivated the incoming batch
- On the Day-1 Mr. Abhik Chatterjee, MD & Partner, BCG, talked about the importance of team work.
- Mr. Pratyay Amrit, Additional Chief Secretary, Health, Govt. of Bihar, said that, “Some are born leaders, some invite these qualities.”
- Mr. Shashank Kumar, Co-Founder & Ceo, DeHaat, underlined the importance of job creation for a developing country like India.
- Mr. Atul Singh, Founder, CEO & Chief Editor, Fair Observer, also joined the programme online and talked about freedom of ideas, creativity and innovation.
- Mr. Sudhakaran Srambikal, CEO & Co-Founder, QuGates Technology, talked about the links between intelligence, consciousness, and enlightening leadership.
- Mr. Sajjad Ahmed, Senior Director (HR), Capgemini, Mr. Supratik Bhattacharyya, Senior VP and Chief Talent Officer, RPG Group, and Ms. Megha Kapil, Director Talent Acquisition, PwC, were the other eminent guests who addressed the new batch and discussed various aspects of business and management.
The first day concluded with an engaging cultural event called Novicia, organized by the Cultural Committee of IIM Bodh Gaya. The event provided an opportunity to both our existing and new groups of students to showcase their talents in dancing, poetry recitation and singing.
- The second day of the orientation programme hosted Sister BK Shivani, recipient of the prestigious Nari Shakti Puraskar, the highest civilian honour for women in India. She has been appointed as a Goodwill Ambassador by the World Psychiatrist Association. She talked about the importance of meditation and said, “Meditation helps you to think right about the things that happen in a day and also realign your mindset for the day ahead”.
- Mr. Shashi Sinha, Chief Business Officer of Media and Advertising, Adani Airport Holdings Ltd. emphasized the importance of growth-mindset and how problems can be solved through conscious efforts and a strong intent to perpetuate.
- Ms. Rashi Khanna, Founder and Hon. Chair, Ra by Rashi Foundation, held an informative session with the students on entrepreneurial ventures and encouraged them to be empathetic.
- Mr. Dipak Kumar Singh, Additional Chief Secretary, Dept. of Education, Government of Bihar, graced the occasion and held an interactive session on the differences between public and private organizations and how one can be more success-oriented and said, “You are at a significant milestone in your life. Everyone has a different career trajectory; there is no solid tip that will work for all. You'll have to use your logic and conclude what path is suited for you to follow. Devise your own acronym for success”.
- Mr. Pradipta Kumar Sahoo, Chief Strategy Officer & Head of International Business, Mother Dairy, highlighted the importance of resourcefulness and awareness of the external environment in carrying out successful business ventures.
- Mr. Madan Mohan Pandey, Managing Director & CEO, Zuari Farm Hub Ltd., Mr. Navneet Nilendra, Faculty, Art of Living, and Mr. Vivek Jain, Co-Founder, Hiretale, were the other speakers who addressed the new batch of students on the second day of the Orientation Programme.
- The third day of the Orientation Programme was graced by Mr. Amit Sukhija, CEO, ZestIot, Mr. Krishnamurthy Shankar, Executive Vice President and Group Head of Human Resource Development, Infosys, Lieutenant General PS Minhas, Commandant, Officer’s Training Academy, Gaya, Mr. Vinay Ranjan, Director - Personnel, Eastern Coalfields Ltd., and Ms. Harpreet Kaur, SSP, Gaya.
- The third day also included a session on Case Study Methodology by Prof Krishanu Rakshit, Associate Professor, ICN Business School, France.
- This was followed by introduction sessions of the various committees and clubs of IIM Bodh Gaya by their respective Chairpersons.
The Orientation Programme was followed by an Outbound Programme for the new students at OTA, Gaya, from 8th to 10th July, 2022.
Set up as the 15th institute under the mentorship of IIM Calcutta, the oldest IIM in the country, IIM Bodh Gaya is one of the newest IIMs in the family of 20 IIMs. Started with a sanctioned intake of 60 students, present intake at IIM Bodh Gaya has gone up to 285 students. IIM BodhGaya, right from its inception, has meticulously followed its mentor's footsteps and fosters a culture and curriculum with the purpose to create socially responsible managers and emotionally mature leaders.
In a short span of time, IIM Bodh Gaya has strengthened its position in the corporate world, with its students already working in commendable positions. Apart from the conventional classroom setup, the pedagogy at IIM Bodh Gaya lays much emphasis on practical learning. Students are encouraged to take up various industry-based research projects which are subjected to evaluation by the faculty. A dynamic curriculum in consonance with academics and industry experts provides the students with the opportunities to master new skills and explore diverse perspectives.
Students are exposed to extensive practical learning along with the basic concepts across various domains of MBA like Marketing, Operations, HR, and Finance through various quizzes, assignments, live projects, interactive sessions, and examinations. In the second year, there are a diverse range of electives which the students can choose based on their key areas of interest. IIM Bodhgaya employs the case study method in order to give insights into the real world dynamics that render compelling opportunities amidst onerous settings.
The Director of IIM Bodh Gaya Dr. Vinita S. Sahay is very optimistic on the holistic development of IIM Gaya and proposes to make it an international B-school in the coming years.
Permanent campus of IIM Bodhgaya is being built up at Magadh University Campus on 119 acres of land. With state-of-the-art classrooms, boys and girls hostel, knowledge database, sports amenities, library, IIM Bodh Gaya promises to be the future of business education, preparing young graduates to become assets to the industry. Presently IIM Bodh Gaya is transitorily operating from the Distance Education Building of Magadh University.
Stay tuned to MBAUniverse.com for more updates on IIM Bodh Gaya