Masters’ Union School of Business, Gurgaon is new but leading Business School with Global curriculam and unique pedagogy. The B-school has opened its admission 2021 for the flagship 16 months PGP-TBM programme.
Located in the heart of Gurgaon’s business hub, the Masters’ Union is attempting something unprecedented in the field of business education. They promise to equip students with practical knowledge, allowing them close acquaintance with business and investment as a part of their education. This allows the students to be prepared—and have an edge over other students—when they enter the workforce.
World over, B-schools have come under criticism for being away from Practice, and teaching Theory when students actually expect to learn real business skills. While some global B-schools like Harvard have made attempts to modify their pedagogy (Harvard FIELD program, for instance), a bold attempt is being made in India by Masters’ Union.
Modelling itself on Medical School, Master’s Union has taken a concept most-associated with medicine and adapted it to business education. The concept that medical schools use is that of ‘teaching hospitals’, wherein students work with doctors to treat patients, understand conditions first-hand, and come up with diagnoses and treatment plans under the guidance of doctors. They work closely with doctors, learning and observing, throughout their tenure as students.
By using hands-on, learn-on-the-job approach that Master’s Union takes—the students don’t simply learn from books and practice years-old problem sets. They take an active role in their education, shaping it rather than absorbing the information thrown at them. In the same vein, the teachers, known as Masters, aren’t just professional academics. In addition to top global academics, they’re professional business people, industrialists, and experts. “It’s the novelty of it,” says Prof Karthik Rammana, Director, University of Oxford, teaching Business and Public Policy at Master’s Union, “that makes it so special—this is the first time this means of education has been employed outside the field of medicine.”
Masters’ Union allows the students to partake in activities and tasks they would perform at work. The teachings they absorb aren’t just in a classroom—they travel with their Masters to office, they run investment funds, they incubate start-ups, the network vigorously.
Program Offered at MU Gurgaon
Master’s Union offers Post Graduate Program in Technology and Business Management (PGP-TBM). It is a unique 16-month flagship post graduate business programme, led by real practitioners, driven by live projects and grounded in technology.
Courses & Specializations
The Master’s Union new-age concentrations are designed for industry’s most pressing needs. It can be divided between Core and Industry Concentrations specifically designed.
- Management and Strategy
- Marketing, Branding and Design
- Finance and FinTech
- Computing, Business Analytics and Statistics
Industry Concentrations: Any 2 Can be Opted
- Banking, PE and VC
- Technology, Product and Project Management
- Hospitality, Education and Healthcare
- Digital and eCommerce
- Media, Entertainment and Sports
Faculty include CXOs, Top Universities, Industry
The Master’s Union PGP-TBM offers opportunity to learn the best management skills from the Masters in their field. The courses are taught by CXOs, MDs, Noted Global Faculty and Even Members of Parliament. Distinguished faculty at Master’s Union include:
- Karthik Ramanna, Director, University of Oxford Former Prof, HBS
- Mukund Rajan, Former MD, Tata Teleservices Limited, Rhodes Scholar, University of Oxford
- Arun Maira, Former Chairman, Boston Consulting Group
- Tathagata Dasgupta, Former Chief Data Scientist, Viacom
- Satish Krishnan, Former MD, Financial Markets, Standard Chartered Bank
- Bhaskar Chakravorti, Dean, Global Business, Tufts University Former Prof, HBS
- Elkana Ezekiel, Former CMO, Samsung Electronics Former MD, Zydus Wellness
- Narendra Jadhav, Member of Parliament, Rajya Sabha Former Chief Economist, RBI
- Siddhartha Rastogi, MD, Ambit Capital, Asset Management
- Harsh Mishra, Former Group President, Adani Group
- Rajiv Gulati, Former MD, Eli Lilly and Co. Former President, Ranbaxy
- Malavika R Harita, Former CEO, Saatchi & Saatchi Focus
- K Sujatha Rao, Former Health Secretary, Government of India
- Raghu Raman, Former President, Reliance Industries Limited Former CEO, Mahindra Defence Systems
- Shailaja Chandra, Former Chief Secretary, Government of Delhi
- Mihir Mankad, Professor of Practice, Tufts University
- Prem Das Rai, Former Member of Parliament, Lok Sabha IIM Ahmedabad, IIT Kanpur
- Avik Sarkar, Former Data Analytics Head, NITI Aayog
- Vijaya Bhaskar Marisetty, Former Professor, IIM Bangalore
- Rakshita Shharma, Vice President, Bobble AI Technologies
Industry Interaction at Masters’ Union
As the teachers are working professionals, they also go to the office and have meetings and run companies. The students have the ability to ‘shadow’ them—go to their offices, sit in their meetings, learn how to run a company. This makes their education more like an apprenticeship. It also allows them the opportunity to make lasting relations, essentially network, making lobbying for good jobs easy in the future.
They also run a start-up incubator, wherein students come up with their own ideas, and the Masters nurture them and guide them. Here, the ideas are fostered such that the ideas are allowed to blossom and become viable businesses in the future. They can also be given funding. The students also take trips to factories and industry-defining sites where they imbibe the atmosphere and learn the making of products at the source.
Master’s Union PGP-TBM Fee
The PGP-TBM Fee is Rs.18,70,000
Master’s Union PGP-TBM Admission Process
Eligibility to Apply
- Graduates & Students enrolled in their final year of graduation
- Mid-career professionals (0-5 years of work experience)
- Entrepreneurs, Family business owners and Artists
- Must have appeared in at least one of the entrance exams – CAT/GMAT/GRE/NMAT by GMAC
How to Apply?
- Fill out the application @ admissions.mastersunion.org
- Application fee is Rs.4000/-
- Submit 1-2 essays and 1-2 recommendations
- Take a case interview with our Masters
- Appear for a personal interview with a panel of 3 Masters
- Scholarship is available for deserving candidates.
Admission Cycles & Key Dates
Two rounds of admission 2021 are still available for the candidates with Rolling interview process.
- Round 1: Application Deadline Closed on October 30, 2020
- Round 2: Application Deadline: January 31, 2020
- Round 3: Dates to open soon
- Applicants should submit their valid GMAT, GRE, CAT or NMAT scores, in case they have them. The admission panel will take these scores under consideration when evaluating their candidatures
- All applicants are required to take the Mandatory Masters’ Union- Business Aptitude and Admissions Test (MU-BAAT)
- The cut-off score will be used to shortlist applicants for the Personal Interview round
- You will be invited for an in-person interview, which will help MU to know you better, and let you understand all aspects of the Masters’ Union PGP-TBM
- The interview panel will consist of MU eminent Masters from academia and the industry, as well as members of the core team
- The interviews will be held in Delhi, Mumbai & Bangalore, and over Skype in exceptional cases
The interview process is structured to evaluate the candidates for their communication skills, the ability to learn and unlearn, curiosity and professional focus.
Master’s union School of Business is located in one of India’s most prolific businesss parks in the heart of Gurugram. The campus is shared with the likes of Bank of America and BCG. The neighbors include over 1200 of the world’s leading companies.
Stay tuned to MBAUniverse.com for more updates on Master’s Union School of Business, Gurugram