MICA admission eligibility and MICAT eligibility criteria 2024 are same. MICA requires an applicant to apply and appear in at least one of the three exams – CAT/XAT/GMAT, and also in its own admission test MICAT, which has same eligibility criteria as that of MICA admission. Accordingly, there is no difference between the MICAT eligibility 2024 and MICA admission eligibility.
The candidates who wish to apply for MICA admission 2024 for either of the two programmes - PGDM-C or PGDM, have to appear in CAT, XAT or GMAT followed by MICAT. The two-year, full-time, residential programmes at MICA are AICTE approved and have been awarded equivalence to an MBA by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU). It is a differentiated MBA programme that creates leadership through Creative Thinking, Communication and Consumer-Centricity.
There are two MICAT exams and both are computer based tests. MICAT 1 is scheduled on December 2, 2023 and MICAT II will be conducted on January 27, 2024. It is not possible to get admission in the PGDM or PGDM-C programme at MICA Ahmedabad without appearing in MICAT I or MICAT II. As such appearing in MICAT and scoring well in it, is the basic eligibility criterion for MICA admission 2024. Below are shared the MICAT Eligibility criteria 2024:
MICAT Eligibility for MBA: Academic Qualification
- A Candidate is eligible to apply for admission for PGDM-C and PGDM programmes at MICA Ahmedabad through MICAT I or MICAT II, if he/she has a Bachelor's degree (in keeping with the 10 + 2 + 3 system) or an equivalent qualification in any discipline recognised by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- Candidates appearing for final examinations towards a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) are also eligible to apply for MICA
- It is mandatory for a final-year student, who is provisionally admitted, to submit the mark sheet and degree certificate of the final year bachelor’s degree examination held on or before June 30, 2024 (including supplementary, if any), to be eligible for admission to the PGP (PGDM-C / PGDM) batch 2024-2026.
- The deadline for submission of the mark sheet and the certificate is December 31, 2024. Non-fulfilment of this condition will automatically result in the cancellation of the provisional admission.
- MICA would not allow any candidate to join its PGP in case the candidate is unable to complete all the requirements for a bachelor’s degree on or before June 30, 2024.
MICAT Eligibility 2024: Entrance Exams
- Only those candidates who have applied and appear in CAT 2023 or XAT 2024 or GMAT exams are eligible to apply and appear in MICAT for admission to MICA
- It is mandatory for all the applicants who adhere to the MICA eligibility criteria 2024 to register and appear in MICAT without which their candidature will be cancelled.
How to Get Edge in MICA Eligibility Criteria?
Candidates who demonstrate aptitude for expressing, assessing, and /or conceiving ideas that move people to action and achieve business results tend to stand a better chance of being shortlisted by MICA.