Taking CAT 2014 although not mandatory but will be an added advantage if you are seeking admission in either of the 2 FPM programmes at IIM Indore. The Indian Institute of Management Indore (IIM-I) has announced admissions open for 10th batch of Fellow Programme in Management (FPM2015), which is a PhD-equivalent programme designed by the IIMs to create a talent pool of exceptional professorial and research talent essential to academia as well as industry and the FPM (Industry). The application process will close on Dec 31, 2014 for admission to FPM programmes at IIM Indore.
Research & Analytical Ability to be the basis of admission
Widely known as the stepping stone to a career in the IIMs and other elite institutions, selection for the FPM at IIM Indore does not just focus on the academic or corporate credentials, but also research and analytical abilities of the candidates.
As in all doctoral programmes, the minimum qualification for eligibility to FPM at IIM Indore is a Master’s degree with 55% or a 4-year Bachelor’s degree with First Class 60%. Those in their final year of Masters’ or 4 years/eight semester Bachelors’ degree can also apply.
Such candidate, if selected will be permitted to join the programme provisionally subject to the submission of a certificate, issued on or before June 30, 2015, from the head of the institution implicitly emphasizing that he/she has completed all requirements for obtaining the degree before June 30, 2015. FPM, students from reputed institutions like the IIMs and IITs can apply for a waiver on the first module of 6 months (Foundation in Management).
USPs of FPM at IIM Indore
- Presently the Fellows are entitled to a monthly fellowship grant/stipend 20,000 INR per month in the first year & second year, and thereafter 28,000 INR per month after clearing the comprehensive exam.
- Full-time and fully residential, with single occupancy on-campus accommodation, and in select cases, family accommodation.
FPM(Industry) at IIM Indore
Designed on similar lines, but for working professionals admissions have also been announced for the 5th batch of the FPM (Industry)-2015. Fellow Programme in Management - (Industry) requires:
- 10 years of work experience for all candidates.
- Fee of 5,50,000 INR+ Service Tax extra as applicable at the time of admission
- A concession of 30% on 5,00,000 INR is allowed to full time state and central government employees
- Fellows have the opportunity to pursue their thesis in an off-campus mode with short visits to campus as per programme structure – so that they can continue working.
8 Specialization areas
For both the programmes selected students can choose from one of the eight area of specialization namely- Economics, Finance & Accounting, Information Systems, Marketing Management, Operations Management and Quantitative Techniques, Organizational Behaviour and Human Resource Management, Strategic Management, Communication.
Apply before Dec 31
For both the programmes viz. Fellow Programme in Management(FPM-2015) and Fellow Programme in Management(Industry)-2015, the last date for submission of application complete in all aspects is 31st December 2014.
Stay tuned to MBAUniverse.com for more updates on IIM I admission after CAT 2014.